Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Pretty good beginning gets bogged down in crossovers near the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

hadji murad posted:

I think GC's comments on new users having to go from the app to website is a good one.

I have 90 gigs. What the gently caress do I do to manage things? Change over and have everything marked as new? Theres no way to mark as read without clicking on each one and waiting a few seconds.

It's a mess and it's my comic collection, one of the most anal things that's ever existed. I'm frustrated.

You can just leave the current app how it is.

They can't force you to delete out of date apps.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

The reason why Alpha sucked is because Slott was pretending he was an "Alpha level threat", that being, stronger than people like Phoenix, or Hulk, or Omega-level mutants like Iceman. It was dumb. Luckily he has been dropped and ignored! His on-going wasn't bad.

Those three are the issues though involved with Spider-Man though, yeah.

He was also kind of insufferable.

Apparently his mini was pretty good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Though it should be mentioned some times they just screw up.

Like for a bit they added the Death of Stacys thing to the collection sale then took it off the next day.

Edit: Also how is Death Of Superman? I know its 90's as gently caress but how is it okay or really bad.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 6, 2014

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

A lot of collections aren't actually that cost effective.

At least when it comes to digital.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

To make things even more confusing, on Amazon, the print version of Saga vol 2 is $11 and the Kindle version is only 6.99

From everything I have seen, collections are kind of an afterthought when it comes to comixology.

In fact, they still don't have basic collections for series that have had them for years.

Like they have Age of Apocalypse volume 1 & 2, but that is it. Clone Saga has the first epic but that is it.

For whatever reason they are focusing more on bundles. Which seem tedious when you could just make an omnibus out of them.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 18, 2014

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They are doing another 20 days of free comics, so you want to get on that you should.

First one is batman!

Not that batman.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rirse posted:

Where did you find this? The Free Comic page on Comixology still shows the same old stuff.

Its on the very top of the home page.

Its got its own banner and everything!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Anime_Otaku posted:

Are you talking about the 2014 series? I'm not reading Captain Marvel but the new Ms Marvel (which I'm reading with no knowledge of Kamala's predecessor) and She Hulk are pretty good, though the art in the new Shulkie series is a mild let down compared to the 04-05/05-09 series which just got it's third volume released on Comixology recently, though there's a fairly obvious gap I'm missing between Volums 2 and 3.

I think that is a mistake. Occasionally they will add newer titles that shouldn't be up yet but trying to download them just results in an error.

Also the AOA sale really highlights how badly they need either the ability to create your own TPB's or to automatically get the TPB's once you have all the issues contained within. :sigh:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, the old Comixology app had that "story arcs" tab that I don't think ever really did anything. Now that they're owned by Amazon it'll never happen, but they really need some way to personally organize your stuff or, hell, shareable reading lists.

Yeah that would be fine as well.

:smith:

Rirse posted:

Yeah I noticed they vanished from the "new release" page since and got replaced by all the stuff from six months ago that came out on the 28th.

Usually its stuff that is released that week so this is a little weird.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There are a poo poo ton of X-men comics for sale right now.

A poo poo ton.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Did comixology take the Black Mirror collection off of sale? I only see it on full price.

All the collections where for a day.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

poo poo, I thought that it started today, not yesterday. Chris Sims lied to me :(

Could I still get individual issues of it at least?

Yes, Detective Comics 871-881.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume tonight the sale is going to be Bendis's guardian series or the Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning bundle along with the War and Realm crossovers. Nova may or may not be included.

You mean tommorrow night? They don't do Thursday sales.

Also I wish Nova's Annihilation Conquest trade was on sale. :(

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DC is doing a sale on all 0 issues and villains issues.

okay?

You have the weirdest sales DC.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Anime_Otaku posted:

Totally recommend all of the Image sale stuff. If you only pick up one I'd go for Morning Glories.

Is that still setting up mysteries without any payoff?

Because that is what made me lose interest.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

They just had one on all the #0 issues and villain variants. So they do have sales, it's just on crap no one wants to buy.

They also do like one a week and sometimes just takes weeks off.

They dumb is my point.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

There've been amazing DC sales in the last year. It's all tied in to current related events for promotion, but when it works out with me getting all of Morrison's Animal Man, 52, Ostrander's Suicide Squad in $0.99 sales, that's cool.

They should bundle though.

e: With the new announcement of Booster/Beetle stuff, there's definitely going to be a JLI sale upcoming.

Yeah they do have good sales, they are just really infringement.

Which is weird, as Marvel does two sales a week.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Russad posted:

Does Comixology not put the bundles on sale with the individual issues? I've had Gotham Central wishlisted for a while, but I'd much rather have 4 items in my library than 40.

DC don't do bundles.

Neither do trades except in rare (and usually random) cases.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Russad posted:

Maybe I'm using the wrong word?

But there are 4 collected editions listed in the Gotham Central category:

https://www.comixology.com/Gotham-Central/comics-series/3035

Yeah those are trades, and trades very rarely go on sale for the big two.

At least in whole sales.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They have revealed DC's part of the sale.

Black friday is a rehash of the big Batman sale, while Cyber monday is just a sale on their vol. 1 of their various Vertigo titles.

Meh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I read Bendis Daredevil and I guess I am the only one that was just okay with it?

I mean it isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but its not something I would ever care to read again. Its just passable.

I also feel the exact same way about Whedon's X-,men, so I dunno.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

Is there a proper reading order list anyweres

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-idw-tmnt-continuity-timeline.html

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Solaris Knight posted:

That's the reading list for IDW's TMNT run?

With all the minis and such yeah.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Is the Avengers Vs. Thanos any good?

I mean its got a lot of content for really really cheap, but that doesn't matter if the majority of the stories are poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So what are the good superman comics.

Besides the Grant Morrison run.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

wow that is insanely messy.

Pass.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shameless posted:

Looks like Alias has finally shown up on Comixology

https://www.comixology.com/Alias-2001-2003/comics-series/9809

Well the first two issues.

It will be like the time it took years to add the last seven issues of Frank Miller's Daredevil run.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Uh, there's already ten up?

I meant ten, don't know why I typed two.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah the smaller poo poo (and certain X-men spinoff titles for some reason) are either not there or only random issues but if you are looking for classic runs on big names then they are all pretty much there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Modern Leper posted:

Huh? My volume one (hardcopy) covers issues 1-6, and my volume 2 (digital) covers 7-12.

Comixology collects it weird, the first three volumes are under saga not volume 1. At least what I assume would be the first three. The rest of the volumes they have are under 1.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 12, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wow teen titans is a clusterfuck. Building a reading order must be a bitch.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So what exactly would be good for tt. I have heard good things about the older poo poo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't know what you mean Claremont owns. Fetishes and all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But was it any good? I have heard good and bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Uthor posted:

There's nothing specific that I want, but a lot of things I'd be interested in giving a shot.

Why volume 3 of Scott Pilgrim?

That is the one we're he fights the twins during that band thing, I think.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He is right tho, I don't understand why people want to defend marvels laziness.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

zoux posted:

We've just demonstrated a few reasons why they might not offer HD comics at that price point.

Also what you think they'd do it otherwise but they just don't wanna? Accusing a company of laziness is the stupidest possible criticism. Of all the possible reasons why MU might not have something or might not do something it ain't because executives are too lazy to personally upload the files themselves.

Marvel unlimited as a whole is a janky mess, mostly do to laziness. It may be stupid but it is also completely correct.

Also your lame rationales aren't terribly convincing anyway.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

zoux posted:

I'll just say, as usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

A scathing retort coming from you of all people. The king of talking out his rear end.

I mean everyone knows that marvel/dc still don't take digital as serious as they should, better then before granted but sill pretty halfassed.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well yes an app will be better if time is invested in it, are you really disputing this?