Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

THIS is how you do sales, Marvel - well done. Like 750 pages of comics for :10bux: My first purchase in a long time since I usually read on MU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Every Hellboy comic (2200+ pages) for 50 bux:

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/4560.hellboy-day-megabundle/

:stare:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I use the DH app on a retina iPad and I think the comics look fine, so definitely check it out with a sample comic if you are considering the Hellboy megabundle. Also if/when they add HD comics I'm sure they will allow you to grab the higher res versions of whatever you already own.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

If you have the money, that's a hell of a package for 99 bux. One of the best digital deals I think I've seen.

There are also some Captain America tpbs marked down from 9-13 bux down to $3.99:
https://www.comixology.com/Captain-America-Collections-Sale/page/1379

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Some great prices on these TPBs from Marvel this weekend at comiXology.

Bought all but Runaways which I already had.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Giant Dark Horse Digital 3 year anniversary sale. Everything is 50% off, including already discounted bundles.
You also receive an additional 10% off any order during the sale if you are a newsletter subscriber so check your inbox/spam or go try to sign up I guess.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Fun fact that rule by Apple was put into place to stop Dark Horse from offering comics at $1.49 if you bought them from their site instead of the Apple IAP. The DHD launch was significantly delayed because of it.

Basically gently caress Apple and I'm glad comiXology made a move to divert profits from the middle man, hopefully to the creators/publishers.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon is getting ready to promote the Kindle Fire HDX as the premiere comics reading device now that they have comiXology in the fold. I guess it's annoying to people that buy comics from the app (I always just buy them from my PC and read them later) but Amazon is not going to pass up a chance to snatch 30% of comics profits away from their main competitor.

As someone who's very deep in the Amazon ecosystem I'm excited to see what comes next. Maybe there will be free tpbs to borrow with Prime, or additional discounts.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Veg posted:

Comixology just said theres no planned changes to the individual apps right now. Theyre what I use anyway so kinda good but I do like the new checkout system in the webpage.
Too bad there are no planned changes to the Windows 8 app because holy poo poo it is a horrible abortion.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

petewhitley posted:

Here's a very well-thought-out editorial (by Gerry Conway) on why the changes Amazon brought to ComiXology are so disappointing.
The problem with this article, and it's a common one around the internet, is the assumption that Apple will stay on top of the heap in tablet marketshare. Well they aren't any more, not even close. He doesn't mention that the integrated store and impulse buying options are alive and well on Android, which speaks more to the lovely walled garden Apple has created than some evil plans by Amazon to sell more Kindles.

Also as mentioned Apple could have easily been the one to snap up this company, and I'm pretty certain they would gently caress it up an order of magnitude worse than pulling IAPs from one platform.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Professor Lazy posted:

I'm doing some research on tablets mainly for comic book reading. What do you guys recommend? Does anyone read in a 7" tablet? I rather not have to zoom in and out too often and prefer reading comics full page, is that doable in a 7" screen?
I think a 10" tablet is a huge improvement on reading full pages at a time. I have good eyes and don't wear glasses but I found my Nexus 7 to be frustrating to read on, while my iPad 3 and my 10" HD Windows 8.1 tablet are way more enjoyable.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

ConanThe3rd posted:

So yeah, not worth the money then.
If you have an iPad or a 10" Android tablet, MU works great and is an exceptional value. If you want to try to read per-panel on an Android phone just smash your own testicles with a hammer instead

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I loved the first arc of Weapon X with Ron Garney on art. In fact, I'm buying it again in this sale!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Anyone have a coupon/discount code for Marvel Unlimited? Last time I upped it was 50 bucks now it's 70 :(

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Rise of the Sith Omnibus is $2.99 today at DHD. No idea if it's good but it's 450 pages of Star Wars comics for 3 bux so why not

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/2075/

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

They also update G+ with all the same info

https://plus.google.com/+comiXology/posts

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Another $2.99 omnibus over at DHD. Today it's a collection of comics that take place between Star Wars Episode I and II. Almost 500 pages.

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/2096/

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Uthor posted:

Dan Slott :(
Slott's She-Hulk was fun and enjoyable and I will entertain no opinions to the contrary :colbert:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

There are a poo poo ton of X-Men comics on sale right now. :eng101: Including X-Force vol. 1 for 2 bucks and a mess of Kirby/Lee issues at 99 cents each.

Also collected editions of Age of X, Fatal Attractions, Necrosha, Inferno, Mutant Massacre, X-tinction Agenda and X-cutioner's Song

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

surc posted:

So, I just got an android tablet. I downloaded comixology and am loving it so far, and I'm debating going for Marvel Unlimited.

Is there a general consensus on the best android .cbr reader? I see that "komik" is mentioned in the OP, is that pretty much the one to go with?
I used Comic Rack which I liked because when you synced it with the PC app it was really great about keeping track of my place in various books and what I'd read or hadn't read. Getting the sync set up was a little bit fiddly but that was over a year ago and I have been on iPad/W8 since so I don't know if that's improved.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The Deadpool/Bullseye fight in #10, 11 and 12 is the greatest thing ever :colbert:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Subscribe and save :swoon:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I let my sub lapse while I caught up on my comiXology purchases. Was hoping for a discounted annual sub but I'll take a month for a buck I guess. Thanks!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Today's 45 cent TPB is Amelia Cole Vol. 1 (use code AMELIA)

https://www.comixology.com/Amelia-Cole-Vol-1-Amelia-Cole-and-the-Unknown-World

I don't know anything about this series but for 50 cents I'm going to find out!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Got a chuckle out of this.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Would the Transformers humble bundle be appropriate for a 7 year old in terms of violent content?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Endless Mike posted:

Ehhhhh not really. The classic ones were pretty violent and the current ones aren't really much better. I'd almost say they can be worse than superhero comics at times since writers aren't afraid to have robot get beheaded or whatever.
Ok thanks. His favorite is Dynamo 5, I wish there were a lot more issues of that!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Bought that Fatale bundle instantly.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Does the Star Trek Humble Bundle have comiXology codes?

I can't believe I'm doing the Steam/PC Games thing now in digital comics where if it's not on comiXology ugh just gently caress it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Ultimate F4 on sale. Millar! Carey! Bendis! Ellis! It doesn't quite measure up to the Hickman run in the main continutiy but there's a lot of fun stuff in this bundle.

https://www.comixology.com/Ultimate-Fantastic-Four/bundle/787

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Aphrodite posted:

Why does Marvel Unlimited (iPad) jump to the last page when you use the next issue button? Who could possibly want that?
The MU app has a long and storied history of being a horrible piece of poo poo.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I know literally nothing about Valiant comics. What kind of stories are those and are they considered good for relatively mainstream readers?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Ugh why do they have such great sales on Marvel which I can just read in Marvel Unlimited but I am tempted to buy anyway

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finally caved and picked up the Valiant Humble Bundle. Holy lord this is 5GB of comic books!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I love Matt Fraction's Marvel stuff. Will I love Satellite Sam?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider is on sale today. It's completely awesome and insane, and includes ninja nuns, a demon trucker, and this:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Any good picks from the Wonder Woman sale? Asking for myself and potentially to share with/read to my kids.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Sigh. I'm going to buy this for my 5 year old and the purchase history is going to stain my humble account and surely other parts of my life forever.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

MARVEL75 seems to have expired. I don't suppose there are any discount codes for a year of MU floating around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

51 issues of Wolverine Origins for 39.99 today. A good price as far as bundles go. I've never read the series so I don't know if it's good.

https://www.comixology.com/Wolverine-Origins-ndash-The-Complete-Series/bundle/6