Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

What is the huge appeal of guided view? Is it primarily for smaller screens? I only read on an iPad and every time I've used it (in any app) it cuts off bits of the frame, and also ruins the full page aesthetic for any comic that isn't a pretty strict and consistent panel layout. When I read comics part of the experience is seeing the full page and how the artist works the layout in to the story and art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Hakkesshu posted:

It's a good idea, but I don't know that there a large contingent of people here who read weekly comics while only keeping up with Unlimited's release schedule. Could be wrong, though.

In my effort to save money I read weekly comics but only keep up with Unlimited's schedule. I'd definitely keep up with such a thread. Though it could easily fall off and get no traffic and I am in the extreme minority.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh god these sales are going to kill me.

I wonder why the Sex Criminal trade is more expensive than buying them individually. I'm probably still grabbing it as I enjoy having the volume over the singles.

The Manhattan Projects is the same way. 5 issues each, and between $6 and $9 for trades 1 - 4. I like having them in volumes as well, but not sure it's worth an extra $10 to pay to have them collected.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Are any of the Star Wars worth reading?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I've put off reading Scott Pilgrim for years (for many reasons) in spite of loving the movie and game. Is it worth it for the color editions?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Thanks. Grabbed the first one to give it a shot.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Seconding Prophet. I've only read the first 2 trades, so glad to see the 3rd is on sale here as well. The art is so great.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Uthor posted:

I'm new to Marvel Unlimited. Is there a way of adding an entire series to your "library"? Either on Android or using the browser.

Nope! The library management (or lack thereof) is by far the worst part of the app for me. It desperately needs a pull list, folders in your library for series, and a quick way to see what you have read already.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Opopanax posted:

All I want is to be able to read an event in order. If I'm reading Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers it should go from one to the other for me automatically. I would totally pay extra for that

For events you can browse by event. At the very least it makes it a bit easier. Though it doesn't automatically advance at the end of an issue to the next event issue (if it is a different series.)

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Space has become an issue so I usually buy the first trade in a series physical, and then go digital for future trades (unless I am very in to the series, or it only had a short run.) I know a few others like that. Digital has been great for space saving, especially on the few never ending series I read a lot of.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Mr Hootington posted:

Marvel Unlimited just added a feature that automatically marks books you read and read. :eyepop:

The technology today I tell ya!

Finally! No more lying in bed at night not trusting that I had read an issue.

In a few years we may have pull lists also.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Long been interested in Doom Patrol. How is it?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Roth posted:

If you like surrealism, and issues about :

An evil brain and a jar and a talking gorilla in a gay relationship
A villain group sucking up Paris into a painting whose membership includes somebody whose superpower is every superpower you haven't thought of
That same group later running for President
And a parody of the Punisher who hunts people with beards

Then read it as soon as possible.

This sounds amazing. Thanks.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

How is Pretty Deadly? I loved the first (and only, somehow, still?) Bitch Planet trade.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I did not get an email. Is that a unique code or a general code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Casyl posted:

Is the IMAGE65 promotion the one he's referring to? Because it stacks with whatever sale is going on for Saga so that vol. 1-6 are $2.10 each. I did not get an email either. $10 for 5 volumes (already had vol. 1) seems like way too good a deal to pass up.

Just used that. 24 trades for ~$60. Pretty incredible sale. Went ahead and rebought all of Saga to have it again, and caught up on East of West, The Manhattan Projects, Prophet, The Wicked and the Divine, and Descender, and grabbed Kaptara.