Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Teenage Fansub posted:

There's a free stuff rollout on Comixology right now http://comixology.tumblr.com/geekstagegiveaway
If you've somehow skipped Locke & Key so far, the first volume is in there.

Awesome! Thanks for this. I've been meaning to get into Locke & Key and this just saved me some cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
That link posted earlier (http://comixology.tumblr.com/geekstagegiveaway) most of today's free comics are up. Among them is the Atomic Robo digital only edition (Two Fisted Tales) and it's great! I highly recommend the free pack that comes with that if anything. It's a great example of digital only comics, and it's Atomic Robo!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PoshAlligator posted:

Well I'll obviously be picking these up.

What app would people recommend for reading these on Android? (Nexus 7)

e:
^^
In Comixology emails they keep saying things like "growing manga library" so they're probably aiming towards that.

HumbleBundle.com recommends Moon+ Reader, but I only know that because I looked at the FAQ after buying mine for a friend asking the same question. I use Comics Zeal on iOS.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Is comiXology not doing Free Comic Book Day? Or does it just update later?

I drove by my local shop getting breakfast this morning and the line is loving ridiculous. I would love to partake but I have plans that take up almost all my day.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Hakkesshu posted:

IIRC we didn't get any last year. Don't know why that isn't a priority. Probably because FCBD is primarily a retail thing?

The only book I care about is Atomic Robo for FCBD, and 2013's is there, so we did get at least some. 2014's is not up yet when I last checked. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Flameingblack posted:

Last SXSW there was a discount code to get it for $1 for a month, and it's legitimately the best dollar I spent, but the Android version of the app is still really shaky and I'm going to wait until that's fixed and more reliable before I pay full subscription price.

I guess you can try and see if the code still works, since the page is still up:
http://marvel.com/SXSW14

and if not, Retailmenot is great for everything:
http://www.retailmenot.com/s/marvel+unlimited

COMEBACK3
20MARVEL

How are they on old issues. I've always wanted to read the old key issues of Spider-Man for instance. The old green goblin books, death of gwen, amazing fantasy 15.

I'm sure they are NOT good by today's standards, but there is still that something special to them.

E: Also the SXSW14 code they provided has expired. pits.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 9, 2014

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Flameingblack posted:

They've got an unimaginable amount of old comics, but they're about 6-8 months behind on current stuff.

Seeing as how I don't keep up with many comics as is right now, that's probably the best deal for me. Knowing nothing about SXSW, is there anything coming up for it that we may get another deal for it?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Is there any trick to using the Marvel Unlimited app on my iPad and not cursing every time they do a 2 page spread?

Comixology works perfectly, guided reading works well and overall just looking at the books I've never had a moment where I was trying to zoom in constantly just to read.

In MU though, if I zoom in, I have to hold my finger on the screen with 2 page spreads because the bottom panels will always try and snap back down instead of just staying where I move it :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Syrinxx posted:

I picked up the bundle from Groupees. You can't choose how much goes to charity - it's set to 20% which is dumb. The download page has a .zip for each comic, inside is an epub, a cbz and a pdf so I hope you enjoy wasting bandwidth!

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they just bundled up the comics or something, and then you could download like, a bundle of CBZ's or PDF, or EPUB or something. But the loving salt in the wound is that I have to download every book individually.

At least they could group them by title. :(