Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

EVGA Longoria posted:

Sorry, but which creators ever said this? All I ever saw was goons speculating that it meant more money for creators. Maybe I missed it somewhere.

Chris Roberson mentioned it on twitter yesterday, for one. And since Monkeybrain is almost entirely digital, he would know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Asnorban posted:

Are any of the Star Wars worth reading?

I enjoyed Rebel Heist, the newish mini series written by Matt Kindt.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Uthor posted:

Stumptown's a pretty good detective story, but I found the case in the first volume more interesting than the second.

I would agree with this, but I still liked the second a lot, just because it tied the series into his Atticus Kodiak series of novels :v:

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Uthor posted:

Last time I emailed Marvel about a bad digital download code, it took them like three weeks to get back to me, but they fixed everything when they did.

I emailed them back in July and still haven't received an answer :(

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Its the whole loving No Man's Land. What are the issues that are tied with Gotham Central in regards to Two Face and Rene?

"Half a Life" Issues 6-10 is the initial story.

Edit: Oh wait, in NML? Oops, not sure off the top of my head, sorry. :(

Double Edit: Looks like Batman Chronicles #16 is what sets it up.

xK1 fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 16, 2014

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Seconding the John Rogers ones (the one just titled "Dungeons & Dragons"), they are amazing.

For the price I'd say the Baldur's Gate one is worth checking out. I'm enjoying it but note that the last issue isn't out yet.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Yeah, Usagi Saga v1 is based on the print version so it's only going to collect the stuff Dark Horse has the physical rights to. Since Fantagraphics and Dark Horse have stuff on Comixology now I assume it's a matter of time until vols 1-7 go up but they're not there yet.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

TheManWithNoName posted:

If I had to pick between Priest or Hudlin which run do I go with?

Priest's run is one of my favorite things in comics ever.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

hadji murad posted:

Thanks for that info.

Also tangentially Fantagraphics related is that the Dark Horse sale at Comixology has Usagi Yojimbo Saga trades (500+ pages) on sale for 2.99 which is the lowest ever. Buy all of them!

Also, does volume 8 finish the Dark Horse run?

UY Saga vol 8 goes through volume 31 of the trade paperbacks, so volumes 32 and 33 are not currently in a Saga version trade as far as I can tell.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

I liked Eat the Rich well enough. It wasn't as good as Sarah Gailey's novels but for what I think was her first comics outing it was pretty solid.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

The Forbes article makes it sound like it's just single issues that are on sale for one-week only and the eventual collections will be regularly available but it's still stupid as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Upsidads posted:

Is it limited time or limited amount?

Limited time, they'll sell the single issues as "new" for one week, then after that you have to buy them off other people until the trade comes out.