Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

One month of Marvel Unlimited for $.99 with code SXSW99.
http://marvel.com/SXSW14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I have no idea what's up with their pinch zoom issue on Android.
The page fits to your screen, then locks in that resolution so when you zoom in it just enlarges those pixels, but if you switch to smart panels, they blow up just fine, so the resolution is there. You just cant zoom into it yourself from a full page.
I can read a single page full-screen, no problem, but double pages get too low res to read anything, so I have to turn on dumb panel view.
It's all I want them to improve. I just want zooming functional.

e: Oh yeah. It's pretty ridiculous not to be able to open the app and read the offline comics you've stored... offline.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 6, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's a free stuff rollout on Comixology right now http://comixology.tumblr.com/geekstagegiveaway
If you've somehow skipped Locke & Key so far, the first volume is in there.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's a thread in Games for giving away spare Steam keys. There shouldn't be a problem setting up the same thing with codes for BSS.

e: Oh. Selling instead of trading or giving is probably different.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 10, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's a Mike Allred series in there, Red Rocket 7. How's that?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

LordPants posted:

What's Action Comics like, I seem to recall liking the first issue but I don't remember reading more.

I liked Morrison's run a lot. It starts fairly grounded and ends bugnuts with all the time traveling multidimensional stuff you want from Morry, but there's a lot of heart. Especially in the backups and the zero issue.

After 18, there's the three issues of Diggle and Daniel. Meh. Then Lobdell till 24. Avoid.

25 on is Greg Pak and it's fuckin' great. Classic Superman type stuff. Beautiful art by Aaron Kruder. Good. poo poo.

e: Oh yeah, the sale. Vol 1 is totally worth $5.99.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 18, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

horsepeen posted:

Any of the post-Morrison/Pre-New 52 Animal Man books worth buying? How's Last Days of Animal Man?

Yep. Justice League Europe and the Secret Origins since it has a Morrison Animal Man section.
I'm gonna try out the four Forgotten Heroes Superman comics.

Haven't tried Last Days because nobody seems to like it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Powers sale https://www.comixology.com/Powers-Sale/page/1261
Bundle saves $12.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

FeedRobots posted:

can I start at Lemire and get what's going on

Yep.

FeedRobots posted:

or is background of previous, universally trashed issues necessary to appreciate?

Nnnnnope.

I guess cause of the TV show there's also Deadshot and Suicide Squad stuff.

e: There's also an X-Files sale. https://www.comixology.com/The-X-Files-Sale/page/1271
The classic Topps collections, Season 10 and the IDW properties crossover.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 25, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aquaman/Geoff Johns sale.
https://www.comixology.com/Aquaman-by-Geoff-Johns-Sale/page/1395?list1661_pg=2

N52 Aquaman 1-23, Annual 1
N52 Justice League 15-18 (Aquaman crossover)
Brightest Day
Flashpoint
Hawkman 1-12
JSA 6-15
The Flash 164-174
Superman: Secret Origin
Booster Gold 1-6
Teen Titans 1-6
JSA: Classified 1-4
Adventure Comics 1-6

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Get it all. Go.
The first major storyline (Arcadia) puts some off because it pulls you away from the world really soon at issue 5, but it's full steam ahead after that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 15, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

:stare:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Please continue to not consider New Zealand a country, Comixology. :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 24, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Thank god! :toot:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Giant Dark Horse Digital 3 year anniversary sale. Everything is 50% off, including already discounted bundles.

Cool. In for all the rest of the Mind Mgmt since the last sale.
Anyone know how the Star Wars Wild Space omnibuses are? I'm not really interested in reading any proper SW comics, but those are made out of weird odds and ends like toy and cereal box pack-ins which sounds really fun.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 26, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

With not having a store on IOS, but keeping it on Android, this has to be to stop paying Apple fees on in-app purchases.

I read a while ago that there's a decent percentage more going to Comixology, the comic companies, creators if done over a browser.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 26, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Is it that difficult to switch over to the web store on mobile devices?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 27, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anything good in the Darkness sale? The new David Hine stuff?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

FeedRobots posted:

I'm sure there is a ton but what's some can't miss stuff in the Darkhorse sale?

I'm throwing in The Mask Omnibus #1 which contains the original two super violent pre-movie miniseries. Maybe it's because I read them at 13 or 14, but that's good stuff.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How're the old 1977 Marvel Star Wars comics they're collecting?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There are odds and ends you might find missing. The biggest thing is the complete lack of the 'Max' adults only comics.
The Android app seems fine from about a week ago when it updated and fixed everything I hated about it (not fullscreen, broken zooming.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's no reason to dissuade someone from using Unlimited on Android now. The biggest problem I have with it since update is the length it takes to swipe a page across.

Previously it wouldn't let you launch offline to read your offline comics, buttons took multiple presses to do anything, it would download previews instead of full issues unless you opened the comic first, there was a boarder around the page for no reason and zooming just magnified pixels instead of increasing resolution.
Maybe you had to live through that, but it being just fine and a simply functional reader is a beautiful thing.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 4, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uthor posted:

Batman and Son Deluxe for $6:
https://www.comixology.com/Batman-Batman-and-Son-Deluxe-Edition/digital-comic/68457

I haven't really read Morrison's Batman (other than a few things here and there), but I generally am up on what went on during his run. Is this something worth picking up and reading as a stand alone volume? It's a lot of comics for $6, $1 after using the $5 credit comiXology/Amazon gave away.

Absolutely. It's the first two volumes of the run so you don't have to worry about anything (other than references to some pretty obscure Batman history.)
Must. Buy.

e: Well, I guess if you want something completely stand-alone, it does lead up to Batman RIP, but it's worth it for the J.H. Williams art in the second half, alone.

Is that part of a sale? I just see the Death of Superman sale on the front page.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yeah, it's 12.99 for me in the US.

6 USDs here.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 6, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I read it probably in it's first trade in the mid 90's without any other exposure to contemporary comics and was confused for several years as to why Lex seemed like a good guy and hung out with Supergirl, and why Supergirl melted into a gross putty alien when she got beat unconscious.
I have an 18 year old memory of the part with the Blue Beetle Justice League of the time getting walloped through a house being pretty good.

I was almost considering getting the omnibus to revisit it a while ago, so I might jump on this.
Everyone might as well at least read Superman:TMoS #18 - Superman #17, just to have done it. I'm not sure how necessary the first four are on the Comixology list. Pretty sure they weren't in my old Death of Superman trade.

PS: Max Landis sucks.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 6, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

onefish posted:

Some of what I'm reading implies that Batman RIP ties into Final Crisis significantly--would we need/want to read Final Crisis as well as RIP to get a "full story" after Batman & Son + Black Glove?

Final Crisis takes place directly after RIP, so you'll only need to look it up if you're going as far as 'The Return of Bruce Wayne' miniseries and his return in 'Batman and Robin' #16.
Even then, unless you want to read a really unfriendly, encompassing universe wide event that you'll need total help in understanding unless you're a DC scholar, you can skip Final Crisis and just read this: Batman is kidnapped by Darkseid for cloning, breaks out, shoots Darkseid with his own time bullet (don't worry about it) while Darkseid shoots him with his eyebeams, sending him back to the stone age. and get right onto 'Batman and Robin' and 'The Return of Bruce Wayne.' His part in Final Crisis is tiny, though significant right at the end.

Actually how he gets from RIP to Final Crisis isn't explained at all till, like a year later in a couple of issues he takes over during the next writer's Batman run (#701 & 702)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 6, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are we even gonna get the FCBD comics on Comixology this week? Anyone know?
Might have to read Futures End #1 before #0.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. No Futures End #0 with the new comics today, so I had to go and do something I haven't done since I stopped being a scumbag and started paying for digital.
A little consolation in that it was a free comic, but that's real dumb.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Dude the entire point of FCBD is to get people into stores.

And it did. Now they should probably make the first part of their story available in time for people buying the second, which is a regular mass market comic.
Ideally it would've been re-printed in #1. I'm assuming the physical copies are gonzo, so anyone who missed out on Saturday is also out of luck.

DC's 2013 comic did make it to Comixology. Not sure how far after the date it was, but it wasn't the prequel to a comic coming out the following week.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 7, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark Horse's FCBD stuff is up now.
https://digital.darkhorse.com/searc...paign%20Monitor

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Amazon didn't want them to keep giving Apple a cut from in-app purchases.

I dunno what the IOS app looks like now, but that's why it changed.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 9, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bendis sale
https://www.comixology.com/Brian-Michael-Bendis-Sale/page/1907

His Icon graphic novels incl. a bundle, Incredible, and Scarlet.

Scarlet's good, right?

LordPants posted:

Bendis drew a comic book? I never knew that.

Yeah. A bunch have before they end up churning out company books and stick to writing.
Jonathan Hickman started out drawing his comics (The Nightly News, Pax Romana.) He has a Fantastic Four cover variant coming out and that's the first I've heard of him drawing since.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 10, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's still a lot of obscurities they're picking from DC history, but everything announces it's self.

Ralph Dibny: Yes, person on the phone. I'm still really sad about the tragic death of my wife with whome I was an investigator. You'd like to see me at the memorial service for the heroes that died in the last big catastrophe, the most deathy death of all being Superboy's? I dunno. I'm pretty suicidal.

Booster Gold: Hey, my A.I. buddy. We're from the future so you know everything that's gonna happen. Tell me where I'm needed.
Oh no! you're glitching out. I know. I'll take you to Dr. Magnus!

Dr Magnus: Geez. I'm a bit out of practice. You see, my Metal Men blah blah
I'm actually going to meet Dr. Tomorrow in evil science prison. He's even better at robots than me.

Hey Dr. Tomorrow it sucks you're evil and in prison. You're really good at robots.

Dr. Tomorrow: Yeah. The Red Tornado I invented is pretty cool.
Be careful, btw. Someone is kidnapping mad scientists like us. Dr. Old DC Villain and Dr. Whatever better watch out.

Dr. Whatever: Blah blah I hate the Marvel Family blah blah. Hey don't kidnap me!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a while but I remember liking the Black Adam thing. It at least has great Doug Mahnke art.

E: This was good, but it's not in the sale for some reason.
https://www.comixology.com/Crime-Bible-The-Five-Lessons-of-Blood/comics-series/223

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 19, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Howard Chaykin sale https://www.comixology.com/Howard-Chaykin-Sale/page/2010

Get yourself American Flagg n The Shadow.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm looking at the X-Men books that are on sale. Is the X-Men series (The one with the all women cast) any good? If it is, is there anything I have to know before hand?

Also, when I buy the trade versions of books on comixology, do I get them as single issues and I have to download each one or is it just one item?

X-Men is good. Pasts are brought up, like Jubilee's vampire thing, but it I didn't find it mattered.

On tablets the trade versions are always one thing to download, but in the browser you can sometimes pick out individual issues to read. It was like that with the Strange Girl Omnibus I got on sale.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno about the Yoshida one they have here, but the Lapham series which spun out of Uncanny X-Force was pretty okay.

e: The sale seems to be missing the Legion Quest lead up issues.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 26, 2014

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's a great issue of Detective Comics, btw. The beginning of Scott Snyder's run.
Too bad it's not a self contained one-shot cause it'll cause you to buy ten more comics.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Transmetropolitan is on sale again.
https://www.comixology.com/Transmetropolitan-Sale/page/2055

Still no bundling from DC.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Big Parker sale on comixology, all 4 volumes for 16.99.

Do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anime_Otaku posted:

Does Comixology have the colour versions of Scott Pilgrim? I think they're meant to but they don't show up when I search the uk site.

Bryan Lee O'Malley only has Lost at Sea available in my Comixology store.