Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #38
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art and cover by R.B. SILVA
On sale JANUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Jason Todd risks everything to save Starfire as he takes on Crux high over the skies above Arkham Asylum! He may be outmatched, but Jason Todd has a new secret weapon: the power of the super-drug Venom.

Just look at that cover :allears:

I wasn't expecting Crux to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DMUJTWrf8&t=480s

The overall series is pretty standard for a fan film and Jason's lines are somewhat cliched but I like the suit, the actor does a good work and I'd take a live-action Jason anywhere :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Lobdell keeps writing an incredible Jason, Kory's issues with drugs are depicted in a chilling way (Lobdell didn't pulled any punches) and the thing with Roy has been handled well. However, I'm baffled at what is happening with the art.

First time we see Roy on the issue and while he isn't the human charcoal we saw past issue, it fits with the situation and is a bit more realistic. Then, two pages later:

:psyduck: He seems to have just broken an arm or something

Other two pages later and Lobdell Deus ex Machina a cure for Roy, somewhat lazy but isn't like there were a lot of option to heal Roy in the first place. And look, he also looks fine!

Comes the final pages of the book...

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck: THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Solicits for February issue also came out:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #39
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art and cover by R.B. SILVA
On sale FEBRUARY 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
As Arsenal and Red Hood confront their demons, Starfire is out for blood when she hunts down the person responsible for her recent addiction. But will her act of vengeance help her – or destroy her?

Since the start of the N52 people has claimed for Rose to show up (no idea why, she doesn't seem to me that much of an interesting character) and they will finally get their wish. I hope this doesn't mean she will eventually join the Outlaws though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I loved this issue.

Lobdell keeps challenging expectatives and this issue is the absolute opposite of issue 18. While there was all about mending Jason and Bruce relationship, this was all about making clear that Ollie and Roy relationship is broken beyond repair but because Roy wants it like that. There is a small reference to Roy's past with the Navajo that guess a lot of people will find interesting but I believe the most important thing is the wy whis story showed how broken Roy is and why he clings to Jason and Kori.

I'm also glad that Lobdell retconned Tynion's work with Roy and Ollie by showing events completely diferent to those depicted on the annual (mainly that Roy became Arsenal out of spite). All in all, a fantatsic issue that is a treat for Roy fans and that it leaves the storyon a point where anything can happens (now I'm not so sure that Roy will leave the team)

Oh and RHATO surivived April's MASSIVE wave of culling :peanut:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #40
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by TOM DERENICK and SEAN PARSONS
Cover by R.B. SILVA and WAYNE FAUCHER
On sale MARCH 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
After months of turmoil, Red Hood, Starfire, and Arsenal are facing their inner demons! But what they find could lead to the end of their partnership – especially if Blackfire kills them first!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The annual is loving insane :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So the annual was loving AWESOME, filled with action, humor and the great moments between the team. Is also written in a way that it can be read as a standalone story while also having relevance for the current arc.

The art is also pretty good (even if it used the stupid helmet with lips) and is filled with little gags making it a real treat.

I can't still get over how great the cover is

:allears:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Merry Christmas, DT :)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Merry Christmas, DT :)

Merry Christmas too! :peanut:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Happy New Year.

Given that this thread is almost a year old, contains 9 pages and over 4 of them are just you posting the majority of issues to yourself we've established that BSS is not the place for a Red Hood thread.

So long thread :toot:

• Locked thread