Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
:siren: Recruitment is now closed! :siren:
Discussion is still open though and openings may happen as the game progresses!

Intro
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/v/ZM8BLtveLBU?version=3&end=86&autoplay=1

We live in an Incomprehensible Void.
You. Are.
You are the depths and heights, the deepest ocean, the tallest mountain.
The light, air, transcendence, healing, contemplation, and logic.

Darkest night, evil, hate, primordial filth.
The green of nature’s realm, light, and laughter.

Gods and Great Heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed. Not always as we seem, and hardly ever as what we dream.

There never is a happy ending because nothing ever ends. When I was alive, I believed as you do that time was at least as real and solid as myself, and probably more so. I let myself be hurried along from minute to minute, day to day, year to year, as though I were actually moving from one place to another. Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and weekdays, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls. You can strike your own time, and start the count anywhere. When you understand that then any time at all will be the right time for YOU.

I have been mortal, and some part of me is mortal yet. I am full of tears and hunger and the fear of death, although I cannot weep, and I want nothing, and I cannot die.

Power… I did not know that I was so empty, to be so full.

I *am* certain you are inhabited by greater power than I have ever known. Think about that which may be seen; the slow dance of the continents, the long march of evolution, the sudden flowering of civilization. Think, and wonder.

A God must be true to his nature. You ask the question and I will answer. Who am I?
*I* am, Irrelevant. “He who has no power over anything that matters.” You, you are relevant.

To you I am the voice of your birth before your birth and once born, will fade into an ill formed and very forgotten memory. Cry out. Cry out and be born and those with a strong enough will and character will find themselves not outside of what is but inside of what isn’t. Clever? No? Even if this makes no sense, you’ll soon forget about this, and me.

Can you not feel the world turning in your direction already? Prophecies may not be left to rot like unpicked fruit. So cry out, Godling, and take that which is yours!

Welcome to:

The Game:
:siren:All stats are to remain secret.:siren:

• You will be given 14 Attribute points to distribute OR you can roll 4d6. The GM can add or subtract up to three points to the player's pool if deemed necessary.
  • You will create a God(character) with an image(if you wish) and the character's description, description of their powers, and background.
Gods:

• Gods MUST fit a theme. If they're a party-wine-drinking/war god, then that's how they should act and act towards building those interests to increase his dominion and domains. A god should be focused enough not to envelop everything but broad enough to not be useless.
  • Acting against their character, theme and domains may see a god lose stat points from those he has earned for the year (before they are awarded and or allocated), damage his or herself, or (with GM) have their character and theme shift to fit this new theme.
Stat/Attribute points:

• You get them by doing things. Specifically things which are in alignment with your god's dominion and theme. If the god of fire burns down a thousand acre forest, he would get points at the end of the year. The scale and scope along with the outcomes of your actions affect the number of points received.

• You can also get points if others do the work for you!
    • If many people and living things were killed when the fire god burned down his forest then the god of death would ALSO receive points because it advances his dominions. Basically he gets these points for free as the god of fire has done all the work for him.
  • There are winners and then there are LOSERS:
    • With the same fire as an example, for having his dominion of the forest violated and reduced, the forest god loses points for the year.(unless he does something to gain more)
    • Gods can gain 0 points for the year if they have somehow lost in a conflict or have had their domains reduced either by mortals, natural disasters, or divine intervention by others.
    • Also some gods can get nothing for taking no actions.
    • Also, Point gain or loss isn't always 1:1.
POINTS ARE SPENT VIA PMs OR SECRET MESSAGES TO THE GM.
ACTIONS ARE ALL WRITTEN IN POSTS AND ARE NOT SECRET. JUST YOUR STATS AND WHAT YOU’VE SPENT!!

• 1st Stat: Divinity [Life Points & Action Initiative]

Your life, shield, and standing. A greater divine being acts first. The more Divinity you have, the more god-like you are.
    If this reaches 0 you can be captured or even killed.
    Obviously you need at least 1 point in this.
    Once damage has been taken, the points expended are gone.

• 2nd Stat: Attack [Attacking mortals/nature or Another God]

Fights between gods are sometimes rare but always epic in nature. To emphasis this battles between them only occur only one on one. You can spend between one or all your points to harm another.
    For every point spent in combat it causes 1 damage to another's divinity.
    Every point spent from this stat on attacking can destroy the population of a town or equal sized amount of nature.
    One point of attack can destroy a single army.
    Once points from here are spent they are gone.
    You spend Attack points to increase the area of destruction or the number of beings killed.

quote:

Another word on Combat: A player can Yield to the other combatant rather than be captured or killed. When this happens there are options that your opponent chooses:

Option 1: The loser will give 1d3 points taken from a stat(s) of their choosing and give it to the victor, to be used as they see fit. (The value can increase if this value becomes trivial as the game goes on.)

Option 2: The loser must come up with and give the victor a boon of great value, or promise which will be enforced by the GM. If the promise or the boon is not to the victor’s liking then they can demand another. The victor cannot dictate what the boon or promise will be, it has to come from the loser.
    Note: If this process takes too much time or the loser seems to be offering lovely boons or terrible promises on purpose the GM will decide. [And trust me it will be harsh if you’re meta-gaming the boon/promise process]

Option 3: The loser is maimed by the winner. It will be humiliating, it will be obvious who inflicted the wound. It might even affect how other players and NPCs look at you. 1d3 points will be taken from your highest stat. If the stat is tied with another or more than one a die will be rolled to randomly determine which stat.

The player who yielded cannot be attacked by other the combatant for a full year (of game time not real time!). This prevents feeding each other points. The player who yielded can be attacked by others though! (No free invincibility!)

• 3rd Stat: Power

The more power you have the more likely you are to have your way with influence vs another.
    When opposing another god’s influence action you can bid points vs another god to stop his Influence action OR twist the outcome.
    Power is also the stat of being somewhere, or escaping or traveling to the mortal world. Expending a point of power you can manifest in the world or return to the heavens. Once points from here are spent they are gone.

• 4th Stat: Influence [Used on Nature or Mortals]

• Every point spent can influence the population of a town or the equivalent of animals or natural phenomenon (a storm over the town or sandstorm to slow an army etc.). This influence on mortals can be from a charismatic speech or mental dominion.
    • Mortal beings or nature/wildlife can misinterpret or add their own ideas or actions to any instructions due to free-will. They will not ignore direction from the gods unless another god has countermanded it.
    • Deaths can occur from natural effects or influencing a group of mortals to kill someone. But not as many as if the god used a point of Attack.
    • You can raise armies with each influence point you spend. Each army has an Attack of 1 and Life of 1(not divinity).
Actions:

• Unopposed Reasonable Actions affecting the world always succeed and are permanent unless opposed.

Reasonable is defined here as what is acceptable in the game world [When in doubt the GM will rule]. Inspiring a group of mortals to build a monument in your name or making rain over crops is reasonable. Turning all of the air in the world into wood however is not.(Unless the world exists in a state of utter chaos then this might be reasonable) If opposed the 'Power' stat of the two gods in the conflict are used to determine the outcome. If the opposing god wins then the action fails or its effect is twisted. If the opposing god loses then the action takes effect.

• Unreasonable actions can still affect the world and the rules for opposing actions still apply. However there is a chance based roll that is applied to unreasonable actions. This roll will determine if fate will punish the offending god for doing something against reality. If the dice favor the god, then nothing untoward happens, if they do not then 1d3 is rolled to determine damage and they can take that damage to any stat or spread it over any number of stats.
    • True negation of an action or event only can happen if the opposer wins an opposed power bid, however CLEVER gods can mitigate lots of effects. This illustrates that evil can always return and that good can never be truly vanquished.
Once points are spent from influence they are gone.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Ok time for an example god.

In this game version, THERE ARE NO OFF LIMITS CONCEPTS.

You can be a god of time or something else if you wish but you will be subject to the same rules as the other players regarding reasonable and unreasonable actions. Gods can do anything but only gain attribute points to distribute if advancing their cause. So while a Fire god can cause a tidal wave to ruin crops or wreck civilization, he gains nothing(other than personal satisfaction) for doing so.

You can have an eternal type of concept where your domains always are advancing without you acting, BUT they will only net you small gains. <Unless you are acting to increase your portfolio and themed domains.>

Some domains and concepts are balanced so the gains are small. Such as a life god that just lets the standard birth/death ratio occur, or a time god that let’s time advance in a normal progression. If no one sets them back, they will see a constant but small gain.

Another thing, Gods can multitask or have expanded portfolios and domains. This is encouraged. Doing this can allow for the god to have other duties(and potential for drama and story; as well as Stat point gains) The God of time can also be the god of Parties and might institute birthday celebrations, holidays marking the passage of time, and a holy day marking the advance of a new year.

Gods while having multiple domains can also have the same domains as other gods. You can have a "good" heroism & war god and the "evil" orc war god of industry. Both have a common domain advanced by the other but separate domains which differentiate them as well as give them a reason to come into conflict or have a common ground where they both agree.

pre:
[Paraphrased and slightly edited from Tendales and others somewhere]
“Evil” isn’t just evil and “Good“ is often meaningless . Often times gods don’t see themselves as 
inherently evil or good. Even if gods are evil their clerics usually might not be evil themselves. Clerics of 
The Murder god don't worship the Murder God so much as they appease him. 
Don't want to be murdered? The clerics will help you with the rituals that cause HIM to overlook your 
house on Murder-mas Eve.

There have also been some pretty terrible rites performed in the name of deities that one would call 
'good'. All religions have their extremes and normal faces.
pre:
[Paraphrased and slightly edited from 50 Foot Ant somewhere]
A lot of gamers blow off religion, because they look at it from a modern perspective and our world. 
God/Jehova/Allah/Whoever doesn't answer prayers or stop hurricanes or punish people who deviate 
from the religious texts.

But Gods in these godgames are (in the game world) real and those motherfuckers don't take nicely to people loving
 with their vision. Even if they're aloof, some douchey mage trying to summon a loving hurricane and 
loving up their long range plans is going to burst into flame and get to explain to the God why they 
thought that was a good idea in person.

You think the Catholic Church in Medieval Europe wielded a lot of power? Or that the Islamic Church 
wields a ton of power today? You ain't seen nothing, yet.

Let's look at a God. We'll say: The God of Harvest, Fertility, Morning, Birth, and Weather. Not a bad one, 
min-maxers and the like are probably all "Pfft, the God of Death is probably better..." so slap him for me. 
Notice this isn't the God of Sun. Sun Gods are usually your major players, married to the moon (or at 
least having an affair with her, or had an affair and that's why they are separated) and the like.

So,? Well EVERY farmer is going to make sacrifices to her. We're talking Old Testament stuff. Some of 
the grain, some of the animals, maybe even blood. Blood Gods aren't all evil, and hell, if the God of 
Blood makes tampons and pads inscribed with working prayers that ease cramps and mood 
swings and bandages that relieve pain, prevent blood infections, and stop the bleeding, he's going to 
gain more prayers, followers, and power than any other God could shake a stick at and leap from a 
minor demigod to full blown Superpower before the other gods know what hit them. 
:siren:[But remember worship only gets you so far. Do NOT neglect your DOMAINS!]:siren:

pre:
But, back to our Goddess of Harvest, Fertility, Morning, Birth, and Weather. We can throw in Weather as 
portraying her willingness to let the world see her moods, punish naughty children or those who 
disrespect her, and her vast temper that's the reason that her brother the Sun and Sister the Moon are 
afraid of her. 

Farmers, sailors, tradesman, caravaners, villagers, herdsmen, ALL of them worship her.

She has a Martial Order, loaded with Paladins, War Clerics, and the like, to go out and take the war to 
any who try to edge into her power base or inflict suffering on those who worship her. She has a 
massive church that is WEALTHY beyond any real churches wildest dreams. That King want an heir? He 
better practice his prayers, donate land, people, wealth, political power to the church or his nuts are 
going be shooting blanks and whoever of his brothers/sisters DID tithe enough will be having heirs to 
that crown.

Her clerics provide healing magic to the commoners, to their livestock, her druids make healthier crops, 
bigger yields, and more people per acre fed.

She wields ENORMOUS power.

Any preacher caught misrepresenting her word is going to find themselves bursting into flame and giving 
their explanations directly to her. Or she might just have an angel appear as a fiery wheel with 1,000 
eyes and 14 jaws full of gnashing 500 teeth made of burnished gold and scream “BLASPHEMER!” at the 
cleric and strike him with a facial scarring pox that only affected him.

Whereupon the villagers burn his rear end at the stake.

How much do their Gods care about their domains and worshipers? Are they petty and whimsical (these 
aren't the best, since they can just go: "Hey, everyone out of that city, I don't like how it looks from up 
here! Move into the forest and wear nothing but plants for six generations in penance for building a city 
that looks like it is claiming I have romantic relationships with the God of Pestilence, you blaspheming 
fuckheads!") or wise and patient or angry and vengeful, or aloof and uncaring?

This matters.
-PLAY THE GOD YOU WANT.-

CAUTION: It is NOT recommended to take domains which are opposites. You’d only be setting yourself back by advancing them both. For example the god of death and endings would not want to also be the god of Immortality and Eternal Youth. In the aforementioned case, Being the Alpha and the Omega can be problematic. There may be some niche cases where this may work, but as a rule of thumb you may wish to avoid this.

A SIMPLE Example:
Auros – God of Time and Parties

Background and Description:
Auros is a vain yet merry god. Taking his duties to time seriously and to partying/merriment (not so seriously). He loves interacting with other gods and taking part in worldly affairs. Newly come to the world he seeks to understand it and the beings upon it. He hates cake and Dwarves, CakeDwarves even more.

Just on the border of your waking mind.
There lies another time.
Where darkness and light are one,
And as you tread the halls of sanity.
You feel so glad to be unable to go beyond.

I have a message
From a dream…

Auros awoke from his dream, he couldn’t quite remember the conversation he was having but it seemed important. In any case he waited in the heavens. It was curious, he wasn’t alone but could see no one. He hadn’t been here but it seemed like he had been always. As well as the others. He shook his head. Vain and beautiful he arched his back and soon bent his will upon a village who had not heard his particular brand of wisdom before. Appearing before them would be problematic, and would be tiring so a message would have to do. This took the form of a dream, its webwork complex and suited for the task. Taking another long look, he cast it far and fast to the dreaming places far below. It captured the minds of the sleeping villagers. They would have a surprise waiting in their heads in the morning. Celebration, Holiday, FUN!

Smiling Auros yawned and began soon got to the task constructing his place of power out of the firmament. Ether and Mana coalesced into marble columns, stone stairways, and muscled statuary. The sounds of hourglasses, clocks, and other time pieces echoed down marble pathways and into infinity.

A throne of supple leather and hard, oiled wood rose. Scantily clad servants, soulless and subservient came into being their laughter sounded and felt warm, but he knew better. The serving maids of toned flesh and cupid bow lips had beauty no being existing in reality could possibly have or even aspire to. Soon laughing fat bearded scholars and satyr-like creatures came into being and all soon drank and reveled in food, drink, and flesh. An infinite party forever into the future. It would exist. It always had.

Auros was pleased. This made him content, yet the mortal world was hard work and this heavenly panoply of celebration… was less fulfilling to his being. It was because the world was not his, because it was a challenge to receive its gifts. That was the reason he felt empty. That is what made it desirable. So he waited. His actions would soon bear fruit, of that he was certain.

:negative:
pre:
[YOUR STATS ARE A SECRET. Only the GM and you get to know.] 
:shopkeeper::siren: :milk: DO NOT PUT YOUR STATS IN SPOILERS OR ANYWHERE IN YOUR SUBMISSION. :milk: :siren: :shopkeeper:
I’d put that in huge red text if I could but there’s always one rear end in a top hat or idiot who can’t read a single simple instruction and casts a very serious doubt about selecting their submission. :redhammer:

[i]Send your statblock to me in forums PMs.
      • :hurr: [YOUR STATS ARE A SECRET. Only GM and you get to know.] :zoid:

Stats:
Rolled amount from dice bot URL: (no cheating please if you want a sure thing take the 14 given points)
OR
14 Points

[Here is an example layout, you don't need to write justifications or a description here. They're ONLY for an example!]
Divinity: 3 [A God of Time and Parties is not particularly likely to be attacked, assuming he is not being very offensive, and tends to do things that persist over a period of time. Initiative is more important for the drastic actions of angrier gods, which tend to be interrupted.]

Attack: 1 [He isn't planning to attack anyone, at least until he gathers more power. Fortunately, no one knows this yet.]

Power: 4 [Time itself must sometimes be preserved, and the conditions in the world must be set so that people can appreciate the concept of time and note its passage.]

Influence: 6 [Auros's first priority must be to ensure people appreciate the passage of time and mark its passing via parties, or he will prove to be a very weak god indeed. This is why he has chosen Influence as his highest statistic.]

Note: There is no upper limit on stats, but there is a minimum limit of having at least 1 divinity. Also, don’t gimp yourself by starting with 0 influence.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 9, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Example action:

The god of alchemy, the occult, and undead has come upon a mass grave left behind by the clashing of two armies due to the god of war falling out with the god of law. Seeing a chance to now raise an army of his own and from the dead no less, he writes out the action in a post clearly stating what he wants to do. He knows that to raise a single army will cost him one influence point. In communication with the GM he SECRETLY tells him he wishes to raise two armies of the dead, spending 2 influence points.

Sensing something foul and the necromantic rites angering him greatly, the god of paladins, right, and justice wishes to stop the foul army from being raised rather than contend with it after it has been walking the earth.

If the army is raised, the god of the undead will gain. If it is not raised he won't lose much, if this isn't one of many defeats in a string of defeats. However the god of right will not gain much either as he's not advancing his own domains. If he let the army come into being and fought it with his own army and won, he would gain due to him being on the cause of "right". However the thought of the army existing is too much for the god and he chooses to try and stop the god of undeath.

Now what happens: The god of undeath and the god of right both blind bid points from the Power attribute (PMed to the GM). Let's say the god of undeath bids 2 and the god of Right bids 6.

The god of Right wins.

Now he can have one of two things happen. He can completely block the action OR twist the outcome. To twist the outcome it will cost exactly as much as the god of undeath paid in influence for the action which would be 2 points.

The god of Right chooses to block the army from walking. The GM resolves it in thread.

Maps of the world in all views!

http://imgur.com/jewjv8E

http://imgur.com/yYD45qP

http://imgur.com/Qrk3atz

http://imgur.com/2Q2mKW3

http://imgur.com/GzCBmNZ

http://imgur.com/gT0vrJp

http://imgur.com/GQ0n8bu

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
I'm looking for 8 solid players who aren't afraid to skin their knees. I'm leaving recruitment open for now, but will give feedback and announce deadlines later!

Oh, also. If you want to talk to me in real time I'm on irc.synirc.net in the channel #ohgod
Its semi-mandatory to at least be there some of the time to talk to other players(once selected) and myself. The longest lasting games I've been in the players have had a healthy contact with each other and the GM in irc. So I'd like to continue that practice.

I also have a channel on a goon mumble server somewhere if you wish to voice-chat but its not mandatory.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 27, 2014

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Platonis – God of Invention, Law, Education, and Perfection

Platonis is an arrogant and serious god who spends his time optimizing his many inventions. He takes his duties very seriously and sees the world as yet another creation to be eternally improved. He sympathizes with intelligent species who remake their environment and cares nothing for static nature lovers who have given up the search for perfection for the world as it is. He often becomes frustrated with other Gods who thwart his grand vision, but he is rarely outright aggressive.

Platonis awoke and saw the trees, and the streams, and the animals, and the earth. And they were okay, but not good. He made them into homes, and dams, and people, and gardens. And it was good, but not great. And so he made them into cities, and industries, and societies, and farms. And it was great, but not perfect. And so he continued to make and remake. He was driven. For the world was not as it should be. The world was not the place of his dream, the place where he came from: The place of perfection.

Platonis is, of course, worshiped mostly by industrious humans and dwarves who seek his blessing whenever they undertake major improvement projects. More authoritarian governments tend invoke him when trying to create and impose laws on their citizens for a more perfect society. He has some lay worshippers among the educated elite but is much more likely to receive offerings as an official state deity. His priesthood can be very influential, with highly educated monks that provide education, tutoring, and advice to the ruling classes.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 28, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
^^For the record, I’ve had my concept for weeks now. Way to be the other guy!

Mimsy of the Boro-groves, God of Nature, Elves, and Lore

Mimsy is usually a slow, ponderous god. It is hesitant to allow changes to the natural order of the world, and to changes in its knowledge. (Think the Ents, particularly in figuring out Merry and Pippen.)

Revered by the Elves, honored by the rangers and huntsmen of the forest(or not, at their peril), and feared by the the lumberjacks, Mimsy seldom chooses to act directly in the world. Sometimes the influence of the god can be surmised, but when Mimsy acts blatantly and obviously it is out of wrath or dire need. Subtlety be damned, and the loremasters have many a tragic tale of those who have earned the ire of the god of Nature.

The Elves exist at the pleasure of their God, even the sages do not know if they were created by Mimsy or adopted, but they know that it looks after them even as they look after the forests. Somehow plant like in their own nature, the Elves manage to strike a balance between the needs of a mortal race and maintaining the balance of Nature.

Like the rings of a tree, Lore grows steadily and upon that knowledge which has gone before. It is not a crass thing like the books of the scribes and city-folken. Lore is as much about the abstract knowledge as it is about the experience of learning it. As such, it is harder to learn quickly and easily. Indeed, becoming a loremaster is a lifelong endeavor.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 2, 2014

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Formicus, the Greenskeeper, the Landscaper – God of Insects, Community, Gardens, and Harvest

Often taking the form of an enormous ant-like creature, Formicus is the Lord of Insects, though he pays special attention to ants, bees, and wasps. These creatures embody everything Formicus stands for, and any worshiper of his would do well not to harm them or else draw his wrath. His most loyal followers are known as Myrmidons.

Formicus also holds dominion over communities large and small, as well as all pockets of well-tended earth and the bounty they provide. Untamed forests and patches of pure wilderness hold no interest to the Greenskeeper, save as raw material to be tamed and sculpted into something that serves purpose. The connection between gardens and insects is well-known, though there is much debate among those who pray to Formicus as to where his true priorities lie. Human worshipers tend to come from small farming communities, where his influence is vital for the success of every harvest and the strength of the community, though anyone with an appreciation for plants pays homage to the Greenskeeper.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 8, 2014

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Gohdog, The Smiling Pig, The Feast Finder, The Expected Guest, The Bounty Bringer

Domains - Gluttony, Cheer, Hospitality, Travel, Prosperity, Good Luck, Fertility, Inebriation, and Peace

No one knows where Gohdog came from, nor where he is going, but it is clear that he is exactly where he wishes to be where ever he is. His fat, piggish jowls hang low on his porcine face, his bacony haunches wiggle and jiggle as he waddles and trundles along, and those who worship him can be plainly told that they have a pig on their back.

And it is entirely true. The divine hog can eat a village out of house and home in a blink of an eye and a twirl of his fabulous tongue, but despite this habit he only leaves trails of prosperous and happy people. His appetite for giving is insatiable, his thirst for happiness unquenchable, and his propensity for love immeasurable.

Those folk who have a pig on their back have strong enough souls to carry ten times that burden.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Cipher, Goddess of Prophecy, Mysteries, Legends, Quests and Heroism

From deep within the twisting corridors of her Labyrinth Unending, Cipher whispers truth into the ears of mortals. She tells them of things long forgotten and of things never known, of lands undiscovered and ancient temples fallen to ruin. And most of all, she tells them of the treasures hidden within.

The Shrouded Lady rules over all things cryptic -- lost continents, fallen empires, dungeons full of monsters and treasure, and the faded maps and confusing hints from crazy old men that lead mortals to seek them out. She hates the cozy, comfortable lives of the uncurious, and prefers to reward those foolhardy enough to journey beyond the safety of the light. Cipher particularly detests those who hold power they do not "deserve," whether because they inherited it or bought it from another, or acquired it legitimately but have come to abuse it. In her eyes, power is to be gained through struggle, used to overcome some dire threat, then sealed away before it can grow into corruption. As such, she is effectively the enemy of any great and long-lasting empire, good or evil; rule over-long and you can expect her to secretly help some poor farmer to rise up out of nowhere and overthrow you.

Cipher's dislike of boring things like industry and safety means she's somewhat unpopular in civilized places (though cities, especially old ones, are just as full of danger and mystery as any jungle-bound temple). Her heroes aren't the leaders of armies or kings in glittering armour, they're unknown schmucks wandering in the wilderness in search of swords nobody else believes in. These pay her homage by their actions, if only rarely through deliberate prayer. However, she does have a devoted following amongst those who make their livings by their luck and their wits, as well as a large network of priestesses and prophets who do her bidding in return for glimpses of the truth.

At her behest -- and usually for no reason they can discern -- her cultists construct enormous temple complexes, burrowing deep into the earth, raising towers into the sky, and covering the land in labyrinths. Into these are placed the precious things that Cipher's followers have acquired, protected by hidden traps, sealed with ancient magic, and guarded by vicious monsters, so that, in ages to come, the goddess may whisper of them once more.

megane fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 4, 2014

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Demon Lord Vornaxus - Rulership, Empires and Nations, Blood, Demons

Demons are a prideful lot, confident and individually powerful but ultimate incapable of greater cooperation beyond alliances of convenience that always end in inevitable betrayal. They feed on the deprivations of mortals, are strengthened by their sins and their numbers grow when the blackest or must corrupt of human souls pass on into their clutches. Pity not those poor souls, who spend a brief eternity in pain as their beings are reshaped into the abhorrent form and nature of a demon. In time they too grow stronger as their progenitors did, betray and plot. Many die as the demonic pyramid of power grows, feeding their power into their conqueror. Were there not an unending flow of mortals to renew their numbers perhaps one day they might unite as one, awful being.

For now Vornaxus sits firmly atop the demonic chain of power, ensconced firmly by a towering gap created by tapping into three key factors. First is the mortals need to have one to rule over them, to surrender the choices and responsibilities they do not want to another person. They comfort themselves in the illusion that it is necessary. Another proclivity of mortals is to build empires, to tame the world and place the yoke of law and social order around one another. By sacrificing their freedom and independence they band together for an increase in safety against the day to day dangers of the world. These two concepts are universal to mortal men and women. Even those tribes that eschew kingdom and country have concepts of land they claim, and tribal leaders, the precursors to lords and empire.

Blood is the third key. The sacred fluid that binds father to son, king to country and holds so much symbolism and power. Is it then so surprising that one that can spill blood, halt blood, manipulate and change blood has such great power over another? The sacrifices endowed in Vornaxus' honour please him as well, all made under a myriad of names but flowing to a single goblet.

His goblet.

Quick notes:

Demon is obviously a racial domain. Blood covers the blood ties of family and countrymen, as well as magic and sacrifice fuelled by it. Rulership commonly covers kings and emperors, but could also apply to small village mayors, tribal chieftains, even commanders of armies far from home. Empires and Nations comprises not only the building of towns and improving the life of citizens, but of holding land and national identity.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 28, 2014

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
You know, I was going to write up something but I would never ever be able to compete with a god as awesome as Gohdog, The Smiling Pig, The Feast Finder, The Expected Guest, The Bounty Bringer. You have one follower already great lord!

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Write one up anyways. You might be able to outplay them.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Hesse – God of Money, Cities, Trade, Food, Mercenaries and Expansion

“Money is the greatest creation the gods ever made, and trade is the way they distribute their gifts to those of worth and those smart enough to take it.”

The rise of the sentient being taming their vile, baser instincts to work together in cooperation and harmony to build something grand and majestic. Nothing pleases the God of Cities more.
The taming of the landscape, throwing out the old ways and building towards a better tomorrow. Nothing else gives the God of Expansion a warmer glow.
Bending the land to suit the needs of the many, bringing forth bounty after bounty from the land and sea. There is little else that gives as much satisfaction to the God of Food.
Bringing together strangers and enemies from the farthest flung regions of the world for a simple round of haggling. There is no greater sight for the God of Trade.
The accumulation of wealth in a handy and easily accessible form. No other invention gives the God of Money more pride.
Fighting for what is right, against the tide of arrogance, evil and isolationist trade policies (and earning a pretty penny for it at the same time). The God of Mercenaries can think of no greater calling.

Hesse, the Shepherd of Cities, is rough but jolly God, eager to see the rise of sentient life as it subdues the wilderness of the past and builds it's way to a brighter tomorrow. He swells with pride whenever a farmer brings a harvest to market, whenever a town expands to becomes a new fully fledged city, whenever a merchant closes a particularly hard deal and whenever Mercenaries sing their tavern songs drinking away a hard earned wage.

Though for all his talk of great bounties and cooperation he is greedy, vain and arrogant with pride at the rise of what he calls “His” cities. While once he might have gave a care at how his finest invention gave way to cruel perversions, where the strong hoard away wealth from the weak there is simply to much to be proud of to fault every tiny mistake. But that is not to say he is against the common man as every popular uprising against a bloated and corrupt system has been aided by a mercenary troop or two, who say they got their funding from “The hugest man you have ever seen. Tall as a house and twice as fat”. It's just a shame he hardly has the care to keep the new system from falling into vice as well.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Maen, goddess of the Moon, Chaos, Madness, Love and Art

Mercurial, beautiful and bewitching, dwelling in the darkness yet sometimes giving light. She is often aloof and distant, caring or understanding little of the day to day needs of people. No, it is only when human hearts and souls come to a fever pitch that her eyes turn that way. Those lost in love, in creative passion, or in madness are said to navigate by the moon. The more resistance and consequences there are to these passions, the more valuable it is to her to see them prevail. The prince marrying a peasant girl despite the great turmoil it might bring, the artist writing poetry that sets a population on fire, the madman escaping all attempts to restrain him and following his delusions to their inevitable conclusion.

At her best she is inspirational, patron of lovers, muse to the artists, supporter of freedom, refuge for those who are broken by reality. At her worst she drives lovers to self-destruction, artists to obsession and instigates of madness and death both in individuals and societies. And of course, her favour is never reliable. Without reason or rhyme, she might withdraw the gifts she has given.

Still looking for a picture that I'm completley happy with

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 8, 2014

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Cayetan the Crow, god of Air, Wind, Birds, Sound, and Freedom

Cayetan glides effortlessly through the endless skies. He is far above the clouds, alone in the deserted heights, where nothing treads. He moves, and the air around him, the substance of his being, moves with him - a great gale, dispersing the clouds. Far below, he sees a group of black flying birds - crows. Their calls answer his. His children gather around him, as children would sit around their grandfather to hear a story of times long past. He sings a song, a wonderful song, that shakes the heavens, and birds for miles join in on it.

Cayetan is the god of the lonely skies, the god of the creatures that fly through it with graceful feathered wings, that entice men on the ground, who yearn for such freedom.
Cayetan is the gentle, cool wind that blows on the face of a man alone in the desert, giving him repose from the scorching sun.
Cayetan is the wind blowing on the sails of ships on sea.
But Cayetan, for all his kindness, is also the hurricane that brings doom, the tornado that uproots, when he needs to be.

Cayetan is generally good-natured to the mortals of the world, but he has a hard time communicating to them directly, instead relying on the signs of birds and the wind and distant noises carried by it to reach their hearts. He is the patron of Freedom, and shackled men might pray to him to become as free as the wind, and he might help. He opposes all manner of slavery.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Trying to think of a good idea, might post tonight.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Reminder if players who have made gods haven't already, make sure to send me your stats in a PM or the other means of contact listed in the OP(s).

Shogeton
Pochoclo

Remember you can take the 14 points or roll 4d6 with a verified third party dice roller with an included link in your PM.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ignatz the Douter. God of Ignorance, Lies, and Fire

Name: An "X" is etched here with a crude instrument.
Domains: Three images are represented: The First, The Second, The Third.

Attributes
Illegible scrawlings and obtuse symbols are scratched into the stone. Their meaning eludes you.

More to follow. is here.

Background: As followers of Ignatz have no written language, I present it here as an oral history.

However, it may please the killjoys that I risked life and limb to compose a transcript of these stories of the Snuffer of Light.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 1, 2014

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Usk
Shaper of Faith, Granter of Fortune

Usk is God of Faith and Fortune. He grants boons to those he favors and curses on those who draw his ire. More than any of the other gods he draws strength and succor from the worship of the lesser beings that populate the world. For Faith itself is his realm, and he expects those who would beg the luck he can give to have faith as deep as the sea, and woe be upon the faithless ones who dedicate themselves to no god, for they are his hated enemies. For them he pours forth tragedy and misfortune until they break under the weight of it and surrender themselves to the divine or die. Though he certainly grants the greatest favors to those who worship and have faith in them, and he accepts nothing less than absolute fanatics among those who would claim to be his faithful, he is in a way an ally to all gods. For it is he the godless fear, and that makes it all the easier for them to ensure that none of the mortals turn from the gods into more faithless ideologies.

Among the mortals his symbol is the fist, for he is the hand that gathers up the faithful and crushes doubt from them until only bottomless faith remains, and the force that smashes the faithless.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Meroth - God of Hatred, Terror, Revenge and Destruction

Strife between mortals is an everlasting constant. Or at least it is Meroth's will that it be so. His desire is to see brother fight brother, peasants cower in fear, victims seek bloody retribution and cities fall to ruin. He has no needs for priests or temples to worship him. Instead he favors more subtle methods. Whispering into the ears of a prince, having him steal away the daughter of another king, inciting a long and violent feud between the kingdoms, a cycle of century lasting hatred, terror, revenge and destruction as they tear away at each other.

As such Meroth is a very capricious god. He might support mortals with his power, just to let them fall again if it would create even more hatred or destruction. Even if they grow to hate Meroth himself, it only serves to make him stronger. Still some are desperate enough to pray for Meroth's assistance, so that they might be able to avenge themselves, ignoring that to draw his gaze is to invite eventual destruction on oneself.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Cureloc - The Hungry Earth, God of Agriculture, Lord of Civilization, The Blood-Drinker

Every man must eat. And in order to do so, he must draw his food from the bounty of the soil which nourishes the crops. Cureloc is the go-between who brings health to the soil on behalf of mortals. But the mighty task he has set himself draws upon Cureloc's innermost strength and makes him hunger deeply. And he is not easily sated.

Only the flesh and blood of the mortal races can fill his stomach and bring life to the fields. As much as he would like to simply bring bountiful harvests year after year to all the peoples of the world, only those who are willing to sacrifice to him can expect to find his fruitful gaze. Without Cureloc, there could be no civilization, for nothing beyond a village could exist without his approval. Battles and destruction are anathema to him. Only devotion and blood will make him happy.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
edit

goodness fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 3, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Edited a background into my post above.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

nvm.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ok feedback time!
If you haven't gotten your stats to me via PM or other means do so soon!

Mr. Prokosch posted:

This is good.
Law and perfection may be domains that are constantly helped by others or interfered with, I think we talked about it aleady though but just food for thought.

JamezBfod posted:

Mimsy of the Boro-groves, God of Nature, Elves, and Lore

This is good.
Nature is a huge patch to cover but if you're good with it, its all good.

Rhjamiz posted:

Formicus – God of Insects, Community, Gardens, and Harvest

Finish this and it will be a contender!

Commoners posted:

Gohdog, The Smiling Pig, The Feast Finder, The Expected Guest, The Bounty Bringer

Domains - Gluttony, Cheer, Hospitality, Travel, Prosperity, Good Luck, Fertility, Inebriation, and Peace
This is good.
Lots of domains is lots of area to cover, people may harm you without realizing it. If you're good with this than its good.

megane posted:

Cipher, Goddess of Prophecy, Mysteries, Legends, and Quests
This is good.
I don't see too many hurtles for you to face, maybe others interfering with your prophecies making them untrue or making your mysteries common knowledge.

HiKaizer posted:

Demon Lord Vornaxus - Rulership, Empires and Nations, Blood, Demons
This is good.
An anarchist type god would definitely be your bane, or people who tear down social order. You have enough domains to keep some on the backburner and others in the forefront of your actions.

OscarDiggs posted:

Hesse – God of Money, Cities, Trade, Food, Mercenaries and Expansion

This is good.
An interesting mix to be sure, a "good" expansionist? Possibly in his own eyes.

Shogeton posted:

This is good.
A goddess of passion to be sure. I can see her effecting lots of change.

Pochoclo posted:

Cayetan the Crow, god of Air, Wind, Birds, Sound, and Freedom

This is good.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Ignatz the Douter. God of Ignorance, Lies, and Fire

This is good.
I can see him interacting with others a lot.

Valhawk posted:

Usk
Shaper of Faith, Granter of Fortune

This is good.
The areas you're trying to cover is huge. I can see others interacting with you a lot.

Vulin posted:

Meroth - God of Hatred, Terror, Revenge and Destruction

This is good.
Lots of chances for you to make change.

Speleothing posted:

Cureloc - The Hungry Earth, God of Agriculture, Lord of Civilization, The Blood-Drinker

This is good.
Ah-ha an Aztec themed god. Pretty good. Big areas of coverage. Good if you can handle other hands in the pot.

goodness posted:

Irrakum - The Frozen Father, God of Winter, Transcendence, Order

This is good.
A cold themed god is interesting, I like the transcendence angle.

This covers about 14 entries or so.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Lord Of The Triad, The Answer

Amrom is one of the few gods who has ever died; He was once a mortal sorcerer, a war-wizard and battlefield medic, occupying the dual role of burning the enemy alive and healing his own side. Powerful though he was, death and its inevitability endlessly frustrated Amrom. No matter how great of a healer he became, the long-dead, those that had died truly rather than momentarily, were always beyond his reach. He swore that when his own death came, he would pay careful attention, and learn just what had prevented him from bringing those people back.

After many decades, the sorcerer finally fell in battle, and as he traversed the Underworld, he learned its secrets, and how souls were trapped there. Here, he developed his doctrine over millenia: The Doctrine of the Triad, through which any being can achieve Eternal Life. The first pillar of the doctrine is Industry; One must work hard, and focus ones efforts towards a purpose, in order to achieve anything. The second pillar of the doctrine is Sorcery; Through magic and knowledge, any challenge can be overcome. These two pillars support the single most important point of Amrom's theology: Undeath. With enough hard work and magical knowledge, even death can be overcome.

This is the messages that Amrom comes to deliver to the World: Through faith in him and his principles, all beings, Troll and Elf, Orc and Man, all can receive the blessing of Eternal Life, and death will no longer be a thing to be feared by anyone.

The Triad of Domains: Industry, Sorcery, and Undeath

A Brief Rundown on Domains:
Sorcery is the practice of advanced magic by the most learned of Wizards; It is the high magic that is a product of research, knowledge, and discipline.

Undeath involves undead beings of all kinds, and the magical discipline of Necromancy, which makes the dead rise and allows the wizard to wield the power of death itself.

Industry covers diligent work, especially when that work is systematic and organized for a greater purpose.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 2, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Unity buddy :hfive:

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

goodness posted:

Unity buddy :hfive:

Had to cut it for a more focused theme. Lots of Domains can be cool if they all have an overarching theme you can focus on (check out that Pig!) but half of mine had to go.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Silt - God of Sea, Serenity, Insanity, Surreality.

The Hive of Eyes, the Three Frilled Fater, the Web of Nice, the Skilled Slater. Silt tends his gardens of unnatural light, his peaceful pleasure in sea depths of strong might. The sea offers peace to the men high above, on shorelines the mad come to rest and be loved. His sea is not turmoil, his sea does not fright, his sea is calm peace and worlds of delight. Once peaceful sea creature tend meadows of weed, from concern for strangers, grew herbs for their need.

But deeper you get, the wilder things go, the priests and the jesters, the actors all know. His realm is no world for strangers to flow. The lower the body the stranger the show, strange tidings from yonder doth strange harvest grow. Grand magma plume fortress filth spews from below, the worm friend consume her fort k̶ra͏ ͟ken z̨͚͉͔̠̖̞̹a̢ḻ̴g̡ọ̮͝.̳̭̠͚̼

Hamshot fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 2, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Hamshot posted:

The Hive of Eyes, the Three Frilled Fater, the Web of Nice, the Skilled Slater. Silt tends his gardens of unnatural light, his peaceful pleasure in sea depths of strong might. The sea offers peace to the men high above, on shorelines the mad come to rest and be loved. His sea is not turmoil, his sea does not fright, his sea is calm peace and worlds of delight. Once peaceful sea creature tend meadows of weed, from concern for strangers, grew herbs for their need.

But deeper you get, the wilder things go, the priests and the jesters, the actors all know. His realm is no world for strangers to flow. The lower the body the stranger the show, strange tidings from yonder doth strange harvest grow. Grand magma plume fortress filth spews from below, the worm friend consume her fort k̶ra͏ ͟ken z̨͚͉͔̠̖̞̹a̢ḻ̴g̡ọ̮͝.̳̭̠͚̼

That is great. I almost made mine sea based but snow and ice won out.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Olivia Infrentine Summersquall- Bearer of the Bangles of Extreme Protection, Keeper of the Book of Doomsday, The Monster's Last Friend (and Censor)

Background and description

Olivia is the younger sister of an Archmage who ascended to Godhood. When her sister wandered off to do Archmagegod stuff she was left with a powerful artifact of magical protection, a tower full of exciting books and things, and a very special Book which she wasn't supposed to open. If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets, and the Book has unfortunately been opened due to the actions of no one specific person or party. After a bit of adjustment, training, and preparation she's in a hurry to find and seal all of the horrific, strange, or terrible monsters inadvertently set free from the Book which as it happens was chock full of monsters. It's her sincere hope that this happens quickly and neatly, hopefully before her sister gets back from her mysterious Godbusiness.

As a deity whose origins lie in being an ordinary extremely empowered mortal she's very positively inclined towards mortal beings and their doings, and from an early childhood surrounded by monsters and magic does not make harsh judgments on others based on appearance or superficially negative traits alone. She's also friendly with supernatural beings, and will act to protect them from themselves or others as appropriate. From her perspective deities are just people like any other people, only maybe a bit more supernaturally potent or energy explodey than your usual person.

Protection, Sealing & Monsters. I'm interested in playing a god that does those three things probably in that particular order possibly in a hurry before her older sister gets back from mysterious 3rd shift Godbusiness and discovers somebody's opened Pandora's Book of Horrible Monsters and let said monsters out into the world. I'm writing/reworking a backstory to get into the mood for this character and will be editing it in gradually.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Psychuben - The Creeping Peace, God of Fungus, Transcendence and Silence

"Psychuben has long slumbered in the dark forests, hidden from the probing eyes of men. Sustained by the worship of the Druidic order for a millenia the time has now come to reach out to the world. To spread peace, tranquility and bliss throughout the lands.

For that is what The Creeping Peace offers my friends. You will forever feel love and comfort and never have to worry about your needs. Once you accept Psychuben into your life, your body, your soul, nirvana will be reached. His servants do not get sick, we do not die! Every moment is complete ecstasy, every worry a spore floating away on the breeze.

I leave you with this good people. We hear your hearts crying out against injustice and pain. We know of every agony you face in this cold world. All I, all we, ask of you is to ask for help. Find a forest, kneel with palms against the soil and ask for the peace you have always wanted."

~ Psychuben Druid speaking to tavern

goodness fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 3, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren:Feedbacks and an Announcement!

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

This is good.
Much better, we talked on IRC about some things and your entry is now much more focused.

Hamshot posted:

This is good.
I get a Great Old Ones kind of Vibe from this. I can dig it.

Puppies are dicks posted:

Olivia Infrentine Summersquall- Protection, Sealing, and Monster

This is good.
I can see this god sealing monsters and plucky mortals unleashing them upon the world through rituals. The domains are straightforward.

goodness posted:

Psychuben - The Creeping Peace, God of Fungus, Transcendence and Silence

This is good.
So peace, fungus(I'm guessing growth and its spread), Transcendence(Immortality), and Silence - Well I'm guessing you have an idea how to advance silence, even if you don't its a good passive domain. Its always silent somewhere.

:siren:Ok so 17 entries thus far. I'm going to call and give until Saturday 12:00AM (Central USA time.) as the deadline for entries. Then I will have picks posted either Saturday or Sunday.:siren:

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Submissions will be closed 7 hours 15 minutes from this post. Selection process will start then.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 7, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I am Communist posted:

:siren: Submissions will be closed 7 hours 15 minutes from this post. Selection process will start then.

:dance::dance::dance:

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Mendar the Unquenchable, the Sun Dragon, Father of Reptiles

Mendar is the dragon who is the sun. It's said that long ago, the world was dark, because there was no sun in the sky. Everyone was cold, amd there was nothing to eat, because crops didn't grow. The people cried out, cold and afraid, and Mendar, the dragon, father of reptiles, heard their cry. He saw the people's suffering and was filled with compassion. So, he gathered all the reptiles of the world together and addressed them. "My children", he said, (for all reptiles; all turtles and lizards, and snakes and frogs, and newts, and dragons and lizard men and nagas are all Mendar's children), do you see how the people are suffering? I'm sure they'll die of cold and hunger if we don't do anything." He looked out on them. "My children, I ask a great thing of you, but we must give of ourselves to save the world." Now, at that time, reptiles were all hot blooded, just like men and cattle were. But Mendar asked them, "My children, give me your heat.", and all the reptiles of the world gave their heat to Mendar, and he burst into flame. He then flew into the heavens, and became the sun. The people were saved and rejoiced. And that's why, to this day, lizards and snakes rest on rocks in the sun, hoping that Mendar will give them a little bit of the heat they gave him in order to save the world.

Domains are sun, light, fire, reptiles, compassion, and sacrifice

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Recruitment is now closed! :siren:
Picks will be posted soon!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:pcgaming: Picks have been made: :rory:

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Domains: Domains: Industry, Sorcery, and Undeath

Mr. Fowl posted:

Ignatz the Douter.

Domains: Ignorance, Lies, and Fire

Vulin posted:

Meroth

Domains: God of Hatred, Terror, Revenge and Destruction

JamezBfod posted:

Mimsy of the Boro-groves

Domains: God of Nature, Elves, and Lore

Commoners posted:

megane posted:

Cipher, Goddess of Prophecy, Mysteries, Legends, and Quests

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Shogeton posted:

:siren: If you did not get picked, don't worry and stand by!

Players drop and die in these games.

Openings are very likely.
:siren:

Game thread will be up as soon as possible!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

:argh:

Guess I should have stuck with ice god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss