Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Will definitely keep up with this.

Put out some good stuff guys :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Oh snap, first conflict.

edit: Oh shiii

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Updated! If you have points to spend spend them. If you want to keep them make a post in game if you're going to ride out the rest of the year or not. New points handed out at the end!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Just going to leave this here for consideration. I'll probably add more when I can think better. Changing medication is difficult.

Erath - The Passive One, The Mother, Great Healer, Defender of Children

Domains: Peace, Childbirth, Healing, Comfort, Motherhood, Children

Erath guide us,
Erath keep us,
Erath heal us,
Erath love us.
-Common prayer

For every soldier who is hungry for battle there is one who prays for peace.

For every difficult birthing there is a midwife who prays for the comfort of the woman.

For every disease there is a healer praying to find a cure.

For every child in distress there is a mother praying for the strength to defend them.

Erath is the one who answers those prayers as best she can. She came into being when the first child took its first breath, the first woman becoming the first mother. A kind goddess who wishes the best for all and hates no one, even those who would bring her harm. Often serene in temperament Erath is known to grow passionate when a child is in distress, sometimes dropping other, larger projects and designs to come to their aid.

Her priestesses, for no men are allowed in the priesthood, freely offer their services who healing to all who ask and the temples are always open to anyone seeking a warm place to lay their head. Erath would never harm a living, thinking creature and her priestesses make binding oaths to do the same.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 17, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Reposting mine as I am def. interested if someone drops. Will keep up with the story!

goodness posted:

Psychuben - The Creeping Peace, God of Fungus, Transcendence and Silence

"Psychuben has long slumbered in the dark forests, hidden from the probing eyes of men. Sustained by the worship of the Druidic order for a millenia the time has now come to reach out to the world. To spread peace, tranquility and bliss throughout the lands.

For that is what The Creeping Peace offers my friends. You will forever feel love and comfort and never have to worry about your needs. Once you accept Psychuben into your life, your body, your soul, nirvana will be reached. His servants do not get sick, we do not die! Every moment is complete ecstasy, every worry a spore floating away on the breeze.

I leave you with this good people. We hear your hearts crying out against injustice and pain. We know of every agony you face in this cold world. All I, all we, ask of you is to ask for help. Find a forest, kneel with palms against the soil and ask for the peace you have always wanted."

~ Psychuben Druid speaking to tavern

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Veränderung - The Fifth Column, the Revolutionary, the Freedom Fighter

Domains: Rebellion, Conflict, and Change

"Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!

Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!

Do you hear the people sing?
When tomorrow comes!

Will you give all you can give
So that our banner may advance
Some will fall and some will live
Will you stand up and take your chance?
The blood of the martyrs
Will water the meadows of France!

Do you hear the people sing?
When tomorrow comes!"

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 23, 2014

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
If a spot opens up, why not Silt?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
I like to think I know how to ask questions in commiegames,but waiting on the tax collectors reaction in case I want to ensure they never leave Fairwood alive.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

JamezBfod posted:

I like to think I know how to ask questions in commiegames,but waiting on the tax collectors reaction in case I want to ensure they never leave Fairwood alive.

No no. No one's really done it yet. Someone was just kind of asking for it and why not. Whenever I get questions I figure maybe someone else might wonder.

The tax collectors basically might do something CRAZY or become something WORSE once they see Mimsy.(no domain advances or setbacks at this time).
Since it seems like (at first) there's no influence or attack happening to really make them go away. When Cipher's act comes to fruition it most likely will save the day unless someone wants to interfere with fairdeal's protection.

In any case the tax collector and his army band of merry thugs will not be reporting back their findings.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Commoners we are all getting pretty tired of all the cockblocking. Prepare yourself.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

JamezBfod posted:

Commoners we are all getting pretty tired of all the cockblocking. Prepare yourself.

Its a sausage party and here you are wanting to do keg stands

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

JamezBfod posted:

Fight on, brave pig! Fight on!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Commoners you are the best.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
He sniped my plan. It is still sorely lacking Elf support. I will have to throw in on it when I get home.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: You guys are for the most part doing excellent in keeping your actions clearly presented. I only forgot one action in the last round, and misread a couple lines.

Now that everything's streamlined my updates will be quicker and things less jumbled. As long as things are up to date and details aren't missing(I check), no one will be getting screwed!

I got some hatemail from my gmail which I removed now since recruit is basically done. Honestly its nothing to complain about but I'll quote it with the name removed to protect the idiot.

Something some jackass communicated to me via Gmail posted:

Communist,

Terrible. I can't see what is going on. Why don't you roll for anything! You suck my father's dick you know that. gently caress you man. Diceless games blow. There's a reason why homebrew games eat monkey poo poo you dumbfuck. They suck. That's why games like Pathfinder are popular and poo poo like you do pours poo poo on the hobby as a whole. My mother runs better games than you do. gently caress your ball-less players playstyle poo poo. Your players are bad, you suck worse. You deserve each other.

Sincerely and gently caress You,
name removed

Uh hahaha. Well that message isn't as bad as the volume of hate I got where I allowed a character to be gay in one of my games. There's nothing wrong with it unless you're playing it as an over the top stereotype or offensively. In any case, congrats guys turn 3 and we got our first bad review!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Why are you posting my emails in this thread, IAC?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Commoners posted:

Why are you posting my emails in this thread, IAC?

Ha, if it was you I think it would be twice as creative Commoners. Plus since you know me more I think you'd have given twice as cutting a commentary.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
What an insightful and well reasoned critique. I am truly inspired to stop playing like poo poo. Or something.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Hate-mail means we hit the big time, right? Should I call my agent?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Nah. I think Diog's cyoa was a popularizing force for lurkers, no one knows about this/cares really.

I just found it strange someone cared enough to write it and I'd suddenly close the game over it out of shame. :suicide:

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
They aren't aware that you print hate mail and eat it to gain True Power, are they?

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
No poo poo, we aren't rolling for anything. Anonymous Lurker, do you not realize everything is being done with point bids you can't see? Most of the good godgame systems work that way (Divus Ex, Nobilis, even Amber Diceless is essentially this way) because unlike Pathfinder you shouldn't have to try and roll to see if you are scared of the goblin. You are a god, you automatically succeed at reasonable poo poo when unopposed if you have the power to do it.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I'm actually rolling everything but I still won't put it in my posts.

(I'm rolling for everyone else too, they just don't know it.)

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Be right back, making a god of Chance and constructing my posts and actions by rolling against a series of tables.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
Is hate mail for play by post games the jerks aren't actually playing in an actual thing? my mind is blown.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

madadric posted:

Is hate mail for play by post games the jerks aren't actually playing in an actual thing? my mind is blown.

Its rare for me to get any good or bad communications for any game. But yeah not a past or present player madadric. To each his own I suppose!

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
This sudden fame makes me wish I hadn't inadvertently submitted one of those bad "wacky lol random" gods :(

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Yes, indeed I do want Empire. Lay that down on me.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

JamezBfod posted:

Yes, indeed I do want Empire. Lay that down on me.

Ok its under your list of domains.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
I've been following the game thread, and have really been enjoying the tale. You guys write a fascinating story.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Wentley posted:

I've been following the game thread, and have really been enjoying the tale. You guys write a fascinating story.

If you want a list of all the games our little evolving group has done over the years you can start here: http://tinyurl.com/bmu57pb

If you have archives you can see the different stuff we've tried and fun times.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
I'll take both of the Domains I've gained. Somebody has to be in charge of Death and Darkness, and better me than one of the crazies. :colbert:

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Man, gently caress these pretenders. Although this is the second time I've been caught by the
"I knock over a city"
"I will stop you from murdering all those people who didn't manage to run away!"
"Nope, not a single person died"

It's so counter-intuitive to me that I always get trapped by that, which is really an OOC problem. Platonis does look crazy when he gets pissed off by something that should have happened but didn't. It still seems really weird that you can break a city but not kill anyone. Maybe if you turned it all natural and stuff, like Mimsy did. But if you just do a belly flop on a town? Nobody died?

Also, I understand the "if you gently caress with a pretender or break an agreement he will turn against you" mechanic. But it also feels off to me that he would turn against me when I complain that HE broke our agreement. I didn't do anything to him or his goals besides complain that he went back on his word. If he misunderstood what I wanted, why not just break the contract now without going against his very nature to threaten my poo poo? I even kept my protection up and was planning to defend him.

I'm enjoying this game, but every once in a while it feels weird, and as a God I feel powerless. There's no way around manifesting being useless, despite it being a cool dramatic thing to do on occasion in stories. I can't wander around as a hermit or take the form of a great swan to interact with the world. I can't give somebody a heart attack, I have to nuke a city.

I got Easter Stuff to do, maybe I just need to relax and get in a new frame of mind.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Man, gently caress these pretenders. Although this is the second time I've been caught by the
"I knock over a city"
"I will stop you from murdering all those people who didn't manage to run away!"
"Nope, not a single person died"

It's so counter-intuitive to me that I always get trapped by that, which is really an OOC problem. Platonis does look crazy when he gets pissed off by something that should have happened but didn't. It still seems really weird that you can break a city but not kill anyone. Maybe if you turned it all natural and stuff, like Mimsy did. But if you just do a belly flop on a town? Nobody died?

Also, I understand the "if you gently caress with a pretender or break an agreement he will turn against you" mechanic. But it also feels off to me that he would turn against me when I complain that HE broke our agreement. I didn't do anything to him or his goals besides complain that he went back on his word. If he misunderstood what I wanted, why not just break the contract now without going against his very nature to threaten my poo poo? I even kept my protection up and was planning to defend him.

I'm enjoying this game, but every once in a while it feels weird, and as a God I feel powerless. There's no way around manifesting being useless, despite it being a cool dramatic thing to do on occasion in stories. I can't wander around as a hermit or take the form of a great swan to interact with the world. I can't give somebody a heart attack, I have to nuke a city.

I got Easter Stuff to do, maybe I just need to relax and get in a new frame of mind.

Ok, I’ll bite. I haven’t had a player challenge me on the consistency of my rules or GMing since the guy who played “the author” over 30ish games ago.
I’ll re-explain how attack works vs towns since I’ve posted it everywhere so why not doing it for the 18th time!
You can use attack to Destroy a town, the physical town. The people get away
You can use attack to Kill only the people in the town. You can’t kill one exact person you kill the population. The buildings still stand.
To do both costs the amount for the town and the amount of people.
Hey but there’s more! If you use influence to modify a town to be unlivable, maybe someone might die like a random drunk or a couple of people get eaten by wolves. Mimsy, Maen, and Cipher’s conversion of Fairdeal is a perfect example of this. If you use influence to send a meteorite to cause some damage, maybe some goats die, maybe some goatherds die but influence is NOT attack. Sometimes influence can cause a guy to get beaten to death or something, but its an unintended undirected consequence of any being’s action.
Maybe you’re still confused so I’ll continue on.
In the first few OP posts I have listings of towns and locations and general world happenings. If the population was killed I stated so. If only the town was destroyed I stated so. I have BEGGED YOU ALL TO LOOK AT THIS. It hasn’t been updated to reflect this current year buts really proof of my consistency.
If people died when a god made say oh, a whole town insane by showing up this is also not attack. Not everyone dies from this or kills themselves.
Nowhere in the game thread or here have I stated otherwise that people and towns were murdered at the same time.[UNLESS SOMEONE PAID FOR BOTH THINGS TO HAPPEN]

“(2014-04-20 15:40:35) Prokosch: I wish there was a note of that somewhere, Platonis would have re-acted slightly differently, it's really weird that pretenders can do that but gods can't”

This is false and it’s like you haven’t been reading the thread. I’m very dissatisfied about this, hurt even now that you mention it. I’ve delayed updating the game some more to re-read everything I’ve ever written and I can’t find one instance of Attack point use by a god or pretender that didn’t do as I’ve already stated.

“(2014-04-20 15:41:22) Prokosch: Also, these guys are reacting really hard to, "hey, could you please fulfill our agreement and just give me a heads up first?”

You didn't give a gentle rebuke. Let’s be real here. It’s all in your own posts.

First you wanted Magnus to update you on any plans he had. Not every single action he may take. He took umbrage to this when you acted like he needed to ask you to wipe his rear end. He heals people, minds and souls. You then compared this proud being to dust, an ant, and that you were more than willing and even considered it to let him be murdered by the “bad gods” of this setting. You first sought to make this character a puppet and then threatened this same character that sees the world in black and white. So yeah if you’re not with him you’re against him. Hope that helps.

When you had threatened the Earth Warden to break her after she did what she felt was right what did you think would happen? Then you also alluded to stomping her somehow with “plans” after talking about her wanting her own destruction. The two statements together are meaningful.

You threatened two NPCs that I’ve shown in the world lore as jacking the planet up every time they are awake, they’re not the most patient, stable or forgiving bunch. I even stated when they were discovered that they weren't stable or would not take well to interference or tom foolery.

You insulted these two NPCs consistently man, I guess I could make them all blank NPC +30 Points. A, B, C, and D that don’t react to what you say and all the inconsistencies and just let the players pilot them.

:smugwizard:
:siren: gently caress it I’m tired. My girlfriend and I were fighting all day, my mother and I got into an argument yesterday: I’ll put it to a vote, If everything thinks I’m this horrible of a GM vote yes. Majority rules.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Also: I'm sorry I'm running the game as advertised with the rules everyone agreed to before playing.

I didn't want the points to all be generic and be a cure all. So yeah you may have lost the ability to wander around playing pokemon npc collector which I hate or give a heart attack to one guy who in the large scheme of things really doesn't matter. If you kill Genghis Khan in this game I will replace him with someone else. If you affect the culture then you get true change. That is my design. Sorry if you're feeing powerless.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I vote yes since you didn't pick me :downs:

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
I vote yes, worst GM ever.

I'll agree that the double cost of affecting the mortals/area in the same spot seems an oddity but it is a quirk of the rules system in PRIME, just as any rules system tends to have quirks that can be counter-intuitive. I paid for the Golden Elves but I didn't pay to get their towns turned into forests, so I have "Civilized" Elves who have many green practices. As for the attacks I often have to double check or even ask to make sure the mortals aren't dead.

Mr. Prokosch you're going to want to take some time and calm down.

Commie you're doing okay.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 21, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
gently caress that poo poo you are a great GM and damnit I'm trying hard to get into every Commie game I can!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I'm trying hard to get into every Commie game I can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
You're right Jamez. I even said that I needed to get in a different frame of mind a little earlier. My last set of posts were probably more charged than I intended. Platonis is being pushy, controlling, and arrogant, that's how he is. Him being suddenly curious or self-absorbed and not reading a social situation right, like in the next post, is also kind of the character. (edit: as is going all lawyer when it comes to agreements that others make casually) I 100% get Earth Warden. Magnus threatening to suddenly burn down a university instead of just saying "gently caress you I do what I want" threw me off.

The idea that you kill towns, or people, but not both just instinctively throws me for a loop every time. It's not that you haven't been consistent with it communist, it's just that I, as a person with flaws, keep reading it wrong, so it throws me off my game. When I read destroyed city, my head fills in "thousands dead" as a given. I don't mean to insult you or your style of GMing. I like game design and I tend to point it out when I have trouble with something. I don't mean it personally and I'll try to remind myself about this quibble in the game system later. I think you run a fun game and your interpretations of actions are really neat. Maybe it's a flaw with me and my reading comprehension.

Peace? :)

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 21, 2014

• Locked thread