Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Beard Yawn posted:

The guys are definitely super enthusiastic and it's nice to hear people be genuinely excited about their favorite hobby.

Dude, after listening to these guys for so long, it's impossible to descibe video games as anything other than their LIFE. it seeps in their veins so hard.

I too fully support the super best friends, I used to feel indifferent about their machinima stuff, but it's their lets plays, their Fighterpedias, Scrublords, Skullgirls fanaticism, and most importantly their podcast that made them my favorite show to the point that I've stopped listening to the bombcast in favor of them. they are an excellent mix of funny, super passionate and actually INFORMED opinions that make sense and counter each other really well.

YOU CANT STOP THIS MOVEMENT, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The Gameboy player was probably the best peripheral I ever had for a console, because it allowed me to experience the majesty that is Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I might be going against the grain here, but unfortunately I think that Tone Control has been an utter failure as an experiment. Steve Gaynor pulls out these amazing guests, but unfortunately he always seems to be fumbling and bumbling around, tripping over his thoughts, it's almost as if he didnt prepare and is winging it while trying to formulate the questions in his head as he's already speaking. He takes way too long on certain areas, doesn't cover any new territory explored before in other, deeper interviews, he's never in command or really interested in specific things that might catch the eye of someone who's way into the games his guests may have made.

"sooo ummmmm about yourrr level designs... ummm... can you.... walk me through what might have been in your head as your designing them... ummm because..... to me.... as a designer.... I've always been interested in what that really means... soooo how did you come up with the level designs?"

I'm sorry, maybe I've been too exposed to proper interview podcasts like WTF of the Nerdist, I just feel that Gaynor didnt really plan or have the right mindset to really dig into the minds of the people he's interviewing and what they're really all about, this was especially damning in the Ken Levine episode, where we never really got a sense of Ken and never dug into his struggles and perfectionist streak during the designs of Infinite, and what his mindset is.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

yeah I've always felt that 8-4 play feels alot like idle thumbs, but I cant seem to get into it as much, it's just missing that extra panache other podcasts do.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 16, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

bobservo posted:

Hey dudes, the season premiere of Retronauts is now live at USgamer!

That was an unbelievably bad episode, their complaints about Shenmue were ridiculous, I cant believe they're hating on this game as much as they are, they even say that Gone Home is more of a game than Shenmue! what a bummer, because I remember Shenmue blowing me away and completely engrossing me in its world when I played it. and the myriad of weird things you can do and the combat system was pretty great.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I was listening to the superman 64 abject suffering podcast (both that and WoFF are awesome) and I was a little curious about the term "our complicated relationship with james rolfe" while discussing internet critics, did you guys actually interact with him or was that just a throwaway comment meaning that you have varying opinions on his work?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Woffle posted:

Thank you (blushing emoticon).

JSR is one of my most favourite games of all time, I really enjoyed the episode!

However, I really want to buy this game on steam but I heard that it doesn't allow you to save or it pretends like it does but it actually doesn't, can you please link me the method you used to keep your saved games? I tried looking for it but couldn't find it.

it's such a huge shame because I love this game to death yet sega keeps insisting on making GBS threads on their own legacy by making broken ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Speaking of which, why HASNT JSR future been ported yet? every console under the sun has been emulated, what's so hard about the original XBOX?

• Locked thread