Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I don't understand the kneejerk hatred some people have for discussion about phone games. I don't get upset when the Bombcast talks about the first Witcher game years after its been out or when they spent time on Lightning Returns, or when anyone talked about Towerfall, despite not really giving a poo poo about any of them. If it's a podcast about games that people have been playing, there's no reason to ignore games they've been playing just because they're on a certain platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

HMS Boromir posted:

Personally, I don't hate it, but I'm never going to play any of them and they don't tend to be very interesting to hear about, especially all the derivative puzzle games and whatnot. Obviously if they play a lot of them they're going to talk about them, I just don't enjoy it.

But how is that any different than someone talking about a platform you don't own or a genre you have no interest in? It seems like you're placing iOS games into a weird ghetto despite having a bunch of legitimately interesting, novel, real games.

\/\/\/\/\/
Fair enough. If it's universal, that's fine by me. I just don't understand singling out mobile games when they've come so far.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 11, 2014

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

VGHD (and by extension the KoL podcast) has been much better as of late. I remember there was a dogged refusal to stop using words like "retarded" or "gay" to describe things (that may have come about before VGHD was a thing), but they've been much, much better about potentially distasteful things like that while not being afraid to still be themselves.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

MrMortisland posted:

See also: Chris himself makes the problematic mistake of using "problematic" later in the episode. No one seems to be pissed at him. I guess Danielle used her Feminist Mind Control to insert Tumblr memes into his brain.

Edit: problematic problematic problematic

Yeah, not a single mention of one of the guys using the word "problematic" later on in the episode. BUT NO IT'S SERIOUSLY NOT ABOUT DANIELLE.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Al! posted:

Chris, I literally just saw an episode of South Park that suggested that people can and should use the word human being as a general pejorative because it's a totally cool and fun word to say as long as you're not specifically calling gay people faggots (unless they're acting like faggots of course).

I think the message that episode sends is more "society can define and redefine the meaning and connotation words have" moreso than "GO AROUND YELLING 'human being' BECAUSE IT'S OKAY!"
It involves the use of that word, but it's not literally about that.

(I think that episode is kinda gross and disagree with its takeaway, but. Whatever.)

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Woffle posted:

That's fantastic. I am looking for cheap instruments RIGHT NOW.

I got the urge to play Rock Band again recently, and looked for drums on Amazon. They were in the range of $150-200 for Xbox 360 RB2 drums.

• Locked thread