Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Really dug the Parappa/Lammy episode as well, Bob jogged my memory a bit mentioning that Roxy show for Lammy's launch too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Nah I wasn't there, I think I was chatting on IRC at the time while listening to a constantly buffering audio only version on the measly 56k connection I had back then.

My problem stage in Lammy is and always was the tree chopping one, mainly because I could never get the rhythm of the second to last line and it would always make it so passing or failing the song would count on the final one. Yoko's stage was one I could never get the feel to either but I think it wasn't as demanding, making it easy to stay in at the good level.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
If you haven't seen them either, you should watch these two blindfolded Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzIb53Lcno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSr3aXd4XuQ

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Oh man, Body Harvest on the next Abject Suffering. I bought it over the weekend at a local retro store because I remember loving that game as a kid. You guys have probably done your research already, DMA Designs (now Rockstar North) made the game and it's pretty much a prototype version of GTA3.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I will say my favorite episode of the Bombcast is the result of them losing the original recording. It's the December 8th 2008 episode and it's one I'll just download and relisten to now and then and never tire of.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

new thumbs ep is great, also i finally realized what the new theme reminds me of: Mother 3. not sayin it's right, but it does.

First time I heard the new theme I immediately thought Earthbound so you're not crazy.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Maybe it was because I was working while listening but I lost the track of where the South Park conversation was going and after that it seemed to go on forever. Didn't really feel this week's episode and I've enjoyed Danielle's past appearances.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I actually found a pretty good condition PS3 guitar and drumset on the side of the street a couple weeks ago. The only thing I took was the drum pedal because my original RB2 one was pretty much ready to shatter any day soon. Thinking on it I've had some ridiculous luck with RB instruments, I also got a brand new ION drum set for $50 on ebay years ago.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
To add something to the actual RB conversation besides gloating, if you do end up getting back in you should really check out the customs DLC that has been going since the official support ended. It's super easy to install, the only requirement is having an EA copy of RB3 and a USB stick if you're doing it on 360.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I loathe Ryan Payton with a passion and even that was a cool episode to me. The Ken Levine episode just felt a bit off.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Thanks to the WOFF episode, I jumped into a replay of Killer7 for the first time since it came out. Tried to do the same with Shadow of the Colossus when that episode came out but it didn't really grab me the way Killer7 has. I've watched Chip's LP of it a couple times because I enjoyed the story but I've found myself actually enjoying how the game plays too this go around, so thanks for covering it guys.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I could swear Quake 2 on the original PlayStation had dual analog controls but I'm not sure.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The biggest sin of Skyward Sword's marketing was comparing flying around in the sky to the sailing of Wind Waker. It might not have been much but at least every square of WW's map had something to find unlike the 7? total things you could fly to in the sky, 4 of them being the starting town and the 3 ground locations.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
http://deathmtn.com/collections/all

That Sif shirt. :getin:

Had to post it for Gary and Kole. The Gravelord design is pretty great too.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
BeyondPod on Android here as well. I tried the Doubletwist podcast add-on and it was terrible and you had to go through some voodoo to add a simple url if the show you wanted wasn't in their directory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I really hope there's a happy ending to the "Alex opens a retro gaming bar" saga on No More Whoppers because I feel so bad for laughing at his Japanese bank stories this week.

• Locked thread