Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Just tuned in to the new episode, and gawd dayum this is quite a treat! For the last few months, I have been catching up on the Retronauts archives on 1UP, and on the site. By the time I'm (almost) caught up, they cover my favourite video game series of all time, and I couldn't be happier. Great job guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

bobservo posted:

I appreciate the praise, but your avatar reminds me of how AWFUL I am at stage 6, even all of these years later. Though it's great to know other Lammy fanatics exist!

Hahaha, yeah... Vital Idol is Hell both literally (in Japan/Europe) and figuratively, and I will constantly remind myself of my struggle of mastering that stage every time I post in the forums. I hate you forever Teriyaki Yoko.

But anyways, something I have noticed with the Parappa games; particularly the first game, is how they might have been partly inspired by De La Soul. I can't really describe it, but realizing that De La Soul made a song about Parappa the Rapper as some sort of a promotion for Parappa 2, I can probably assume some of the first game's themes were inspired by the rap group. But I could just be talking out of my rear end.

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 4, 2014

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

I also love Deadly Premonition, but it's one of those games I prefer to watch and listen to people talk about the game rather than play it myself.

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 6, 2014

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Rent-a-Bot posted:

Does anyone know a good podcast that focuses on fighting games? I've gotten sf4 and king of fighters XIII in the last steam sale and I've gotten interested in the fgc scene. Was wondering if there's anything interesting to listen to while I do online and try to not suck.

Super Desperation Radio, while doesn't really focus on SF4, is a podcast heavily focused towards the lesser known fighting games like KoF13, Guilty Gear Xrd, and a bunch others. They also focus on the fighting game community with events and other stuff. They typically stream every Monday Night at twitch.tv/iplaywinner and their archives are located in the IPlayWinner YouTube channel.

Also, gonna parrot the Super Best Friendcast recommendation. Not only they cover a bunch of fighting game news and stuff, they also talk about everything else like other video games, anime and movies.

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 5, 2014

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Excellent WOFF episode, guys! Suikoden II is definitely one of those games that I've often put off for reasons unknown. Seeing as how I enjoyed the first game to the point where I can vividly remember the important key points of it, playing the sequel should have been a natural process to me. I think it's partly due to the fact that I sorta wasn't looking forward to finding the 108 Stars of Destiny once again.

Also, I might've zoned out on this particular point in the podcast but I'll reiterate. The localization sucks. Not only it was quite intrusive with the duels, but in general just reading the translated dialogue today is kinda unbearable (at least, when I read the LP of the game ages ago). I'll make sure to not let that get in the way of enjoying Suikoden II.

Hopefully my old memory card still has the save data for S1, and am able to catch up until the next part drops.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Yeah, I am not sure how Konami deals with porting their lesser known franchise titles, but there is the option of buying the Suikoden I+II PSP UMD as far as legally obtaining it. Sucks that its in Japanese...

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Song For The Deaf posted:

We're so worried about #GamerGate that we forgot about #LucaGate. Something must be done about #LucaBlight, and Watch Out for Fireballs! isn't afraid to tackle that issue in our Suikoden II episode.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/81

Matters have conspired to make us reveal a large number of our upcoming episodes, so I will present them in list form. Coming up next:

* Contra / Little Nemo
* Half-Life
* God Hand
* Resident Evil (Gamecube Remake)

... and after that, we're doing an adventure game that will be determined by a poll. You can find information about that poll on our Patreon page. The options are "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream", "Riven: The Sequel to Myst", "Sanitarium", and "Grim Fandango".

That's a lot of game names I just typed.

Yes! The GODHAND episode is gonna rule!

• Locked thread