Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Navi wasn't that bad. I was kind of surprised when I first played Ocarina as to how non-intrusive she was. Also she hasn't been in a Zelda game since Ocarina.

Cedric the Owl, now there was a motherfucker.

EDIT: Not to be confused with the Zelda owl, who is also terrible but only pops up now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I just want to thank you two for giving me a way to hear new stuff about Dark Souls without having to interact with the Dark Souls fandom. Also that bit in the Huntsman Copse episode about the Skeleton Lords is hilarious.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Song For The Deaf posted:

It's weird that I can start an argument about Sonic without even trying. I think I've made it, guys.

The new WOFF! is out. We talk about Contra and Little Nemo: The Dream Master.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/82

Up next is Half-Life, then God Hand. Our Halloween episode will be about the Resident Evil Remake (the one that came out on Gamecube in 2002). After that, we will discuss our adventure game poll winner, which is I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

As a reminder to anyone reading this from the Pacific northwest, Gary and I will be at the Portland Retro Games Expo doing a live show about Street Fighter II. We don't know what day or time we're performing yet, but we will have a booth on the show floor where you can play some Street Fighter and get some show swag.

I hope you cover the behind the scenes drama of I Have No Mouth, because that stuff is pretty interesting from what I remember.

Also thank you for making me play Little Nemo. That game is cool as hell.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
While we're airing out old WOFF grievances, the cutscenes for Sacrifice are not readily available and I'm sure as hell not playing the game, so you guys left me with an itch I cannot scratch. :argh:

Also I'm looking forward to the God Hand episode like crazy!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
http://duckfeed.tv/asp/59

I like how Abject Suffering consistently brings out the strangest topics in Gary and Kole.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Al! posted:

There's nothing about anal sex or farts

He said Faulkner, not Joyce

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The keyboard is as much a part of the podcasts as Gary's podcat. Both are good.

Fixed that for you

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Al! posted:

Speaking of Nintendo, I've always wondered why Startropics just up and disappeared despite being two of the best NES games ever created.

I'm just gonna put Startropics on my list of "games I'd love to see WOFF do", along with Legend of Gaia, Nier, and Okami.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The discussion of Bubsy's sexuality in this week's Abject Suffering had me in tears. Good stuff.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Podcast for every hour of the day, 24/7. Duckfeed should never leave my ears at any point for the rest of my life.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Whoever said that Gary and Kole should stop reading Gamefaqs posts on Abject Suffering is dead wrong. That stuff is gold, and I hope that someone will honor MY memory by writing a faq of a lovely NES game when I die.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Gary wherever you are, I want you to know that you lead to the circumstances where i listened to the falsetto part of Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus, and that's not something I'll forgive easily.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I, for one, was looking forward to hearing Gary and Kole argue about Actraiser.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
"Game" is a family resemblance concept anyway.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The main thing I know about the Joystiq podcast was that my uncle was on it once.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Timett posted:

Does he work at Nintendo?

Yes and a Twine game was made about him

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Wait, people like Tales of Tales? Like, unironically?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Just started the WOFF episode on Gamebooks, and I am very confused neither Gary nor Kole has ever heard of Borges before.

I mean House of Leaves is basically a tribute to him, among other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Song For The Deaf posted:

I'll take the heat for the ignorance on that one. For some reason I've never run across him before, even with my enthusiasm for House of Leaves.

Well it mainly means you get to read his stories for the first time at some point in the future, so really you're in an enviable position.

• Locked thread