Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Song For The Deaf posted:

Today is the third anniversary of Watch Out for Fireballs *and* it's Gary's birthday. I want to thank everyone in this thread for being so supportive of the show (and the network).

I've only recently started listening to your stuff, since tons of people were recommending Bonfireside Chat here on SA. I really enjoy your work, and you are all very nice people who seem to have an uncanny talent for picking out guests that complement your weaknesses. I've still got a massive backlog of WOFF and the other shows to listen to, but you've made me a regular listener!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

"Matt Roszak supports GamerGate. According to him, he just wants to make videogames without the risk of backlash just because of politics."

"if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" - Ayn "Rush" Rand, 2112

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

augustus gluten posted:

I'm still excited about Gal Civ 3 though.

I'm going to pirate it, then delete it, then pirate it again

Every torrent finished is a lost sale :colbert:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I will second this, I have very important opinions about Final Fantasy 6 and Sword of Mana to share!!!

Maybe I already did submit my important opinions about Sword of Mana, I can't remember. But it's bad in a way that makes it an instructive example, which is pretty unique.

I like that game so much, I don't believe anyone could call it bad. I haven't listened to the WOFF on it yet, though, so maybe I should do that and go "oh yeah, this game is kind of terrible" like I sort of did with Sacrifice, which is one of my favorite games ever... but which I did beat with a fuckton of cheats.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
This is awesome, must-watch material and I'm glad I'm awake for this.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Song For The Deaf posted:

The long-awaited first part of the Watch Out for Fireballs! Morrowind trilogy is out. We cover the main quest this week. Next week is the main guilds (Fighter, Mage, Thief, Assassin). The week after that is the Great House quests along with the remaining organizations (Temple, Cult, Legion) and misc quests.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/88

After Morrowind we're picking up 2015 with Rock Band. We can't announce the game after that, though, since it's being determined by our Patreon backers. The options are ActRaiser, Bastion, Brave Fencer Musashi, or Secret of Mana. If you're a backer and you'd like to vote, here's the link: http://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=1319448&rf=84454

I already have a huge backlog of Bonfireside Chat episodes to listen to, drat you for releasing things when it's most convenient to you and not to me!

On the other hand, I feel like Morrowind is important enough to get the bump to first place in my playlist.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Loved the first episode, can't wait for the ones that talk about the actually cool stuff about Morrowind!

I've played the game like forty times in the last twelve years and never killed Dagoth Ur.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Ramagamma posted:

That's so funny. I take it you are knocking back blow job offers from promiscuous young women bedazzled by your array of terrible Japanese cartoons for children and sculptures of part female, part male animals with tentacles for genitalia?

Lucky you.

i only have sex with women who aren't into videogames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Ramagamma posted:

I think's its fair to call it a hybrid accent, I mind back when she was on Bombing the AM with Scoops and the Wolf and she sounded drastically more Aberdonian than she does on the latest thumbs. A native scots speaker would be hard pressed to distinguish her from a typical mid-western 'John Barrowman' style accent tbh.

Yeah she's just been not-in-scotland for ever so she's gone native. She still writes extremely scottishly though!

• Locked thread