Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I stumbled on something called the Polaris Podcast.

I tried listening to one of them at random but it sounds pretty bad. They caught up in incredbly offtopic tangents, seem to have little to no direction and I can't bear the idea of 3 hours of this. Did I just pick a poor iteration or is it par for the course for this show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dr Suntory posted:

1. buy poop
2. throw poop over wall
3. dead capra

(i did beat him legitimately, but who doesn't like throwing poop?)

also: bonfireside chat is great

how the hell do you know where across the wall to throw it? It takes me 10-20 firebombs to take out the first dog (and then I go in melee them, it's weird how that one move is a great equalizer)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I had never seen this so hey I'ma quote this post for another page solely because unlike Shawn Elliott I don't work in the industry or anything which enables me to call notable Something Awful forums user "TotalBiscuit" a tubby moron here where he'll see it when he namesearches himself on SA like the narcissistic little weirdo he is

That does work both ways, though. Almost every time I've seen people make this argument it's in the context of "yeah but we just don't have racism here the way Americans do" or "why are Americans so hyper-sensitive about race anyway", and in some cases they're sort of right, but the reality is that there are a lot of countries (including some post-industrial ones) that could do with a little more of the American sensitivity toward and focus on race.

I know for belgium that one of the prime ethnicity-related issues is passive racism - as in here have two appliants for job X, both are equivalent in terms of experience and/or degree, but one of them has a funny name or is born in a different country. Both for who gets asked for an interview and who finally gets the job there is a large bias against immigrants or people who seem immigrants.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

competition: totalbiscuit posted a video on reviews. I made it 1:07 before giving up. I still have no idea what the hell his point was. Can you do better?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I thought I read that Michael Kirkbride wrote about 90% of everything in the game. Defenitely most of the books/lore are by his hand, but I can't find a source for this.

And while I understand that you don't want/have the time to read all the books in the game, it would be a crime if I don't order you to read sermon 14 of the 36 lessons of Vivec. It's ... special.

On a more serious note, on of my favorite texts in morrowind is the called Trap. It's in-game fiction and drat well written. Not long either. You should also at least read the Pocket guide to the Empire just to note the insanity in the world and how every game has disappointed the fiction for the actual portrayal.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm just popping in to say that I'm half-way through woff's Alpha Protocol episode and I'm loving every minute of it. Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

On one of the WOFF episodes, one of the hosts claimed that, while he couldn't make a good argument whether dear esther was a game, he could certainly make a good argument that it's a better game than most sandboxes.

Did you ever walk us through that reasoning, and if so what episode?

• Locked thread