Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I... don't know if this latest episode of thumbs was good? The day z story was nice, but lots of injokey laughing at selves, asides.. just a bunch a bullshit. Imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
new thumbs ep is great, also i finally realized what the new theme reminds me of: Mother 3. not sayin it's right, but it does.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Lugaloco posted:

Give iiiiiiin.

i was wondering why i couldnt remember any part of the episode, went back and realized it was all white noise i usually tune out: dota talk, spelunky talk, tv talk

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
you know, i wont say i particularly enjoyed that last couple minutes but im glad it happened and it's out there forever. because i now know just what truly terrible human beings i listen to on a weekly basis

also they joked about going 4 hours, i looked at the giant bomb podcast length i downloaded for the week and it's 3hr39m. what the gently caress

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Scorchy posted:

Ugh, I never talk about games to anyone in real life and poo poo like this is why.

I did end up getting a lot of it on my twitter feed, right next to Brown Moses' posts about people getting beheaded left and right in Syria and the infuriating situation in Ukraine, there's this ongoing petulant gamer drama of the most inane variety. The dissonance was breaking my brain. Listening to this week's Thumbs was incredibly cathartic.

exactly, brown moses and all this poo poo with ferguson and anita + zoe quinn (and plenty more along/before that poo poo) was hitting so many extremes at once

twitter somehow turned into a horrible humanity window (and i already have these forums for that)

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
good talk, no more tia

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
god hand goty every year all years for the rest of time

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
god hand isnt goty its in fact goat the goat hand

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Jippa posted:

I only listen to the bombcast as well.

yeah i used to watch their videos a couple years ago but just trying to listen to their 5hr podcasts takes me most of the week nowadays and any news or impression for games i can skim my rss feed or look here

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
skip cameron aka the choctaw aka hot saucerman

p okay at ads

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
https://twitter.com/vanaman/status/512373504902041600

Anita Sarkeesian on Thumbcast

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

agreed, even though i havent listened to the the most recent one i found it a little disheartening when a game's mechanics/setting was described like something from objectgamereviews.com and then capped off as 'it's interesting/neat' and that's it.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
god haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

every podcast should dedicate an episode to god hand

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
watch out for that..

:woop: :siren: GOD HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND :siren: :woop:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
i just want more consistent nick + sean

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
idlepod really long in the thumb this week. so much actually-current game coverage. i'm liking the twin peaks rewatch and the spoilery bookends caused me to finally, finally finish that tv series. i also ended up buying the bluray release almost entirely because of how interesting the process of just making the episodes ala David Lynch's directing and the idea of just trying to create and execute such a weird universe.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
vinny's the best glad to hear him again

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Szmitten posted:

Ricky Rodkin is a fantastic name.

Dick RodKing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
im just happy "video games" is back in the thumbs theme. last week i had to rip my earbuds out in rage and throw my phone out of the moving car because that poo poo is not canon imo hth tia

also i hope people check out both cities skylines and ori and the forest, they're both SO GREAT

• Locked thread