Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman, is the culmination of decades of research, and it's one of the most amazing books I've read on how the brain works. Kahneman and his research partner Tversky are also pretty important guys, I've even seen their work referenced in Computer Science papers, of all things.

Halperin/Heilemann's duo of Game Change books are very indepth narratives on the last two american presidential elections, and despite their often overelaborate prose, are good reads.

Also there're a bunch of good nerd poo poo books like Marvel Comics: The Untold Story, The Death of WCW (new one coming out this year) and Shett's Game Over which showcase some amazing meltdowns and fuckups if you're into those subsections of pop culture.

Brief History of Time, Surely you're Joking, Mr. Feynman! and The Elegant Universe are some fun physics-related books and not very hard to grasp... also Karen Armstrong's books on religion which I really need to get around to reading more of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread