Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Just finished the audiobook Surfaces and Essences by Douglas Hofstadter and some French guy. I really liked it, but it gets samey at certain points and my advice is that once you feel like they're not really talking about anything new, there's no reason not to move on to another book. You won't be missing much once you understand the basic premise and the range of examples.

Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari is pretty good so far. Light-hearted but also contains real research that I did not expect, and looks at some stark sociological differences between relationships now and relationships in, say, the 50s. Learning more than I thought I would and I'm barely a quarter of the way through.

I have Life Unfolding on hiatus, and my parents thought it was boring, but I think it's really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread