Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

Going Clear, which has been discussed a bit, is incredible. One of the most fascinating stories I have ever read.

I read this recently and had to know more about another cult mentioned, Aum Supreme Truth. So I then read The Cult at the End of the World by David E. Kaplan & Andrew Marshall. Aum are the Japanese cult who launched the sarin attacks on the Tokyo subways in the nineties. It's hard to believe a lot of what they did, why members stayed and how they got away with it for so long. They go off the deep end when they murder a lawyer and his wife and infant son for investigating them for accepting underage members. They then launch numerous botched bioweapon attacks against critics and built bioweapon and munition factories at the base of Mount Fuji. Really interesting read.

Koburn fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread