Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aers
Feb 15, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is this going to be entirely in mandarin? That would be an interesting thing to do with an anime.

These CMs are for specific characters; today's was for the character Kon "China" Wenga, who I assume is Chinese. I'm going to guess they went with Mandarin for this CM because of that. The entire show wont be in a non-Japanese language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is this going to be entirely in mandarin? That would be an interesting thing to do with an anime.

Nah, it's probably just this trailer, since it's called "China" (チャイナ). The first CM was entirely in Japanese.

e: f;b They used the Beijing dialect of Chinese, which is pretty neat if he is from mainland China.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Ok, ping pong anime is on my list now. I like the style very much.

It's basically Yuasa's normal style which always rules.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

FiftySeven posted:

Hang on, Is space brothers finally going off the air? This makes me extremely sad if true. It may not get much discussion but I still love watching it week to week and Mutta still hasnt got to the moon, which means it cant end yet!

Yes, please tell me they aren't cancelling it! :ohdear:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

individual865 posted:

Yes, please tell me they aren't cancelling it! :ohdear:

Sorry, as far as I can tell it is in fact ending in the next four-ish weeks. Not only is its slot being taken, its director has already been spotted on other projects for Spring.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

From what I understand its getting decently close to the manga so they probably want to end it before it gets too close.

Also, the show gets really good TV ratings; if anything I'd expect it to show back up eventually when there's more manga.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That sounds like something they'd save for the movie.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
New trailers to excite you!

The Comic Artist and Assistants:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0E-c7pkyO4

Live-action ImoCho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuXT4Gca9mg

(Warning - the above video may break your soul)

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Those both look about as horrible as could be expected, and the music for the Manga show is shrill as gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

At least in the live action ImoCho she's not a little girl? v:shobon:v I mean, it's still gonna be poo poo, but it's restraint and I respect that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waffleman_ posted:

At least in the live action ImoCho she's not a little girl? v:shobon:v I mean, it's still gonna be poo poo, but it's restraint and I respect that.

Pretty sure she's supposed to be, they just can't use an actual 14 year old to play her, for obvious reasons.

darkgray posted:

(Warning - the above video may break your soul)

I though I didn't have any soul left to lose, but I was wrong.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

While I have no doubts on how this is going to turn out (garbage, most likely), sometimes I find it somewhat peculiar just how, for some shows, they seem to deliberately go out of their way and pick voice actors that look almost exactly like the character. :crossarms:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The only thing I'm looking forward to this season is more GJ-bu. This time I think they visit america for some reason. If it's a full series I'm probably gonna be the one to make the thread cause I loving loved gj-bu.

Jojos should be p.cool too (where's my second season of oreshura japan).

E: My boy polsy assures me that he's really hype for puchimas.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 7, 2014

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm psyched for Mushishi, looking forward to Puchimas, and at least somewhat interested in One Week Friends, Coffin Princess, Mekaku City Actors, and maybe No Game No Life, but the season feels a bit thin for the number of series coming out and I usually think that people who start calling "bad season" in the pre-season thread are hyperventilating.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

I'm psyched for Mushishi, looking forward to Puchimas, and at least somewhat interested in One Week Friends, Coffin Princess, Mekaku City Actors, and maybe No Game No Life, but the season feels a bit thin for the number of series coming out and I usually think that people who start calling "bad season" in the pre-season thread are hyperventilating.

Every season is the worst season ever in these threads.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

Every season is the worst season ever in these threads.

I ended up liking Winter a lot despite thinking it looked bleh initially, so I'm feeling unusually optimistic at the moment if anything. Nothing jumps out at me except Jojo though. I'm sure the sheer number of shows means a couple of them will be decent, I just can't get excited right now.

Honestly, I think most of the initial pessimism is just (lack of) name recoginition at work. If it's not a sequel or an adaption of something you've personally read or done by a famous studio/director there isn't much to go off except a bit of artwork and those little blurbs that always suck and tell you nothing. It's a wonder I manage to get hyped in advance for anything, really.

(I know there's preview vids too. I don't watch random trailors unless I'm already interested.)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I guess Jojo,Captain Earth, Mushishi and Ping Pong for me. And prooobably Mahouka's soundtrack but not the actual show. Madhouse why are you putting Iwasaki to work on an incest LNs soundtrack instead of your oh wait your other shows pretty dumb too :sigh:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

madmac posted:

I ended up liking Winter a lot despite thinking it looked bleh initially, so I'm feeling unusually optimistic at the moment if anything. Nothing jumps out at me except Jojo though. I'm sure the sheer number of shows means a couple of them will be decent, I just can't get excited right now.

Honestly, I think most of the initial pessimism is just (lack of) name recoginition at work. If it's not a sequel or an adaption of something you've personally read or done by a famous studio/director there isn't much to go off except a bit of artwork and those little blurbs that always suck and tell you nothing. It's a wonder I manage to get hyped in advance for anything, really.

(I know there's preview vids too. I don't watch random trailors unless I'm already interested.)

Heck even going off studios can be a bad thing because pretty much every studio except Shaft is big enough that they have several teams.

Being burned by going off studios too many times is the main reason I really started paying attention to the names of directors and writers. I definitely recommend it; I personally enjoy new seasons a lot more that way.

I'm also sure that there will be the usual surprise hit of the season. There's always at least one of those crappy premises that wind up being executed well.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://atelier-ps3.jp/escha-logy/anime/index.html

The Atelier anime page went up in the past day, and it looks like the first airing will be on Monday April 10th at 10PM Japan time.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Anyone who's even a little into sports anime should definitely give Haikyuu!! and Baby Steps a shot. I read every sports manga I can find and those two are some of the best I've ever read.

pandaK posted:

Can anyone who's read the Haikyuu! manga tell me how much shonen burning spirit is in it?

I would say an above average amount. Here's a sample:

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I played a little Blade & Soul and, granted I can't speak Mandarin, it seemed like some pretty standard Wuxia stuff. It's Gonzo and MMO plot though so I'll be avoiding it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fingers of Fury posted:

I played a little Blade & Soul and, granted I can't speak Mandarin, it seemed like some pretty standard Wuxia stuff. It's Gonzo and MMO plot though so I'll be avoiding it.

Something like 95% of the npc cast was composed of strong big tittied women fighting each other. This is going to be queens blade meets wuxia as envisioned and produced by Gonzo. Its going to be a horrible train wreck.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
New summer thing by PA Works about a girl who wants to be a glass artisan. It's a weird premise, but then again I thought Nagi no Asukara would be poo poo when I first heard of it.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 11, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009

pandaK posted:

Can anyone who's read the Haikyuu! manga tell me how much shonen burning spirit is in it?

All of it.

It was sort of weak early on but its come into its own recently and its fun.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you were a fan of the Kara no Kyoukai film series, the new film (Mirai Fukuin) was just released.

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

If you were a fan of the Kara no Kyoukai film series, the new film (Mirai Fukuin) was just released.

That movie is not bad, tad bit indulgent though. In many ways I thought they could have moved the story along a bit quicker and would have made the movie better even though it only clocks up to an hour and thirty minutes, which is about average for the series.

The first 3 movies are still the best in tone and pace. After that, while still good, it's a bit of a diminishing returns as the movies got longer and slower.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like it would have been better as a 2 or 3 part OVA rather than one large film; the story reaches multiple climaxes that each would have been decent stopping points for an episode. But for something that was basically "just" a side story, I found it quite fascinating. I think it's a better overall ending than the Epilogue movie that we wound up getting all those years ago at least.

Fetucine
Oct 29, 2011
The original epilogue was pretty bad in both book and film form so that's not really an accomplishment. I haven't watched Mirai Fukuin yet but I read the short story back when the film was announced and liked it, I have faith in ufotable to do well with source material that's at least decent.

It definitely has a good Kalafina song attached though. Alleluia :allears:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Hey here's some exciting news, there was an annoucement of what Trigger's next project is going to be!

quote:

In the orignal novel series' story, the five members of the literature club awakened with extraordinary powers half a year ago. Although the members expected to be thrown into a world of super-powered battles (inō-battle) at their school, their normal daily routine continued. No secret organizations bent on world destruction, no super-powered wars, no braves or demon kings.

However, the members still look forward to the possibilities of adventure, and continued to believe that with each day, they were getting ever closer to those days of fantasy. Their days of romantic comedy and battles with extraordinary powers begin!

:eng99:

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Oh.

Great. :geno:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Ahahaha.

Maybe they can use it to fund something that will actually Save Anime.

Edit: Trigger has already lost their way.

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 11, 2014

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
I do find it pretty funny annoying how the premise is basically "Five students get superpowers AND NOTHING HAPPENS!"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Ahahaha.

Maybe they can use it to fund something that will actually Save Anime.

Edit: Trigger has already lost their way.

That's honestly what I think they should do. As awesome as KLK's style is, the budget issues are really apparent. Maybe it'll be their Haruhi and they'll end up swimming in money, who knows.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I think I might have become too anime but this sounds fun. I like SoL and I like superpowers so what the gently caress I'll take it.
edit: Drama CD cast: Mamoru Miyano; Asami Imai; Hisako Kanemoto; Yumi Hara; Rie Kugimiya; Kana Asumi; Tomokazu Seki; Yuka Otsubo.
And apparently these are three of the characters:

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 11, 2014

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

I think I might have become too anime but this sounds fun. I like SoL and I like superpowers so what the gently caress I'll take it.

A slice of life about superheroes could be fun, but I don't know if this is the way to go. It looks so painfully generic.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Man the covers are so peak Light Novel that I really can't see it being anything other than boring generic drivel.

The dude with shades is pretty :krad: though'

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 11, 2014

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

Fetucine posted:

The original epilogue was pretty bad in both book and film form so that's not really an accomplishment. I haven't watched Mirai Fukuin yet but I read the short story back when the film was announced and liked it, I have faith in ufotable to do well with source material that's at least decent.

It definitely has a good Kalafina song attached though. Alleluia :allears:

I thought the 7th film missed the mark very badly. It's also has the longest running time, which somewhat fits the fact it's based on the thickest chapter, and the movie really suffers from it. I really do think they mishandled the climax of the movie there and overall made the whole thing far too melodramatic than what was necessary.

Considering how exciting and to the point the first movie was, it really brought into contrast how much of a stilted stumbling mess the 7th movie is compared to it.

And yes, Alleluia is a great song and a darn good way to send the series off.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Vaguely interested in both the noitaminA shows, although I've felt let down by the stuff they've picked up in recent seasons. The rest, well, the thread title says it all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Franz von Dada posted:

I do find it pretty funny annoying how the premise is basically "Five students get superpowers AND NOTHING HAPPENS!"

So the premise is Chunibyo except their powers are real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Don't care, C-c-c-c-combodriver is the best name.

• Locked thread