Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

SALT CURES HAM posted:

How the gently caress is JoJo at the bottom of both of those lists? :psyduck:

It's above the 30 other shows that didn't make the list at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
no ping pong no loving taste

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Not nearly enough people banned/probated when that thread got gassed.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Zorak posted:

Reading comprehension not a strong point, I take it?

(That's not what the poster is saying, and that's not where the poll is from :ssh: )

No, I just don't read super banal ann articles very closely, I value some random nip's opinion about the same.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Potsticker posted:

Not nearly enough people banned/probated when that thread got gassed.
Did the guy who started the creepy derail about the dude being noted as being a virgin ever get probated in the end?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Namtab posted:

Did the guy who started the creepy derail about the dude being noted as being a virgin ever get probated in the end?

I didn't see any when I checked the last few pages after I heard it had been gassed.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i dont know about you but

HiveCommander posted:

There's a difference between 'making out with his 11 year old sister' and 'circular breathing because there is no oxygen to be breathing in'.
Context is important.

context is extremely important

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

they're both equally terrible

Haikyu is pretty cool :shrug:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

i dont know about you but

context is extremely important

no don't you see he kissed his sister for survival
:goonsay:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Yeah, No Game No Life tends to alternate between loving awesome fun and loving creepy poo poo.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Eej posted:

What do you mean? NGNL's anime adaptation isn't doing very well because it's not perverted enough to pander to the LN readers/otaku crowd but it's a little too much for the regular watcher crowd (as evidenced by this very forum). Which sucks, because it's great.

NGNL is one of the most successful LN adaptations ever, actually. You can't just judge LN adaptations by the BD/DVD sales metric.

It made vol 1 of the LN go from 7k sales to 90k, probably 100k as of next week.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A good thing for the author/publishers, and a sad day for the literary world + non creepy humans.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Namtab posted:

A good thing for the author/publishers, and a sad day for the literary world + non creepy humans.

I recently bought a Kawabata novel, they should make an anime of that instead.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Srice posted:

Imouto Shrugged

e: Mahouka/Irregular at Magic Highschool is *insanely* bad, but the thread for it is a funny read so I recommend that anyone who hasn't looked at that thread to take a peek.

Imouto shrugged is spot on. And yeah that show is hilariously bad, like it's pretty much on the offensive bad because of what it says but still hilarious. And yes read the thread, it's as much if not more hilarious

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Stall_19 posted:

Yeah, No Game No Life tends to alternate between loving awesome fun and loving creepy poo poo.

What gets me is how much vitriol is thrown at the very scattered bits like that kiss while almost no outrage is directed at the unabashed cruelty they direct at a female character. They constantly brutalize her, strip her naked, and humilate her in various ways. I really enjoyed the game segments, but the degrading treatment is nearly nonstop in every episode. People love that. God forbid they slip in two seconds of a kiss though. That's just terrible.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jayisspecial posted:

What gets me is how much vitriol is thrown at the very scattered bits like that kiss while almost no outrage is directed at the unabashed cruelty they direct at a female character. They constantly brutalize her, strip her naked, and humilate her in various ways. I really enjoyed the game segments, but the degrading treatment is nearly nonstop in every episode. People love that. God forbid they slip in two seconds of a kiss though. That's just terrible.

I was under the impression that fell under your regular slapstick humour, though I haven't watched the show so I may be wrong here. Paedophilic incest is a bit further outside most people's comfort zones.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 31, 2014

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Zorak posted:

It was a poll from some random as gently caress Japanese anime website, internet polling does not match with reality either way. It's all about the DVD/BD sales.

Yup. And the second season of Love Live! is going to blow everything else away in sales numbers.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

MagicalDuck posted:

Yup. And the second season of Love Live! is going to blow everything else away in sales numbers.

I can believe that. The show is fun and it is a pretty good quality multi media IP.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

MagicalDuck posted:

It sure is.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Love Live the show about a bunch of High School girls becoming idols in order to get enough moolah to save their school? Was that show really that good?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

.Clash posted:

It sure is.

Why did that person buy the bluray 55 times?

The show is good. First season was better than the current second season though. The game is also good and has a very friendly F2P business model.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Why did that person buy the bluray 55 times?

The show is good. First season was better than the current second season though. The game is also good and has a very friendly F2P business model.

Vol 1 has an event ticket and he's insane.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

aers posted:

Vol 1 has an event ticket and he's insane.

What the gently caress.

Have a picture of an idiot buying tons of ingame currency for the Love Live game (by KLAB INC):

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Pretend I posted a picture of the dude with 1000 copies of the latest AKB48 CD.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Wark Say posted:

Is Love Live the show about a bunch of High School girls becoming idols in order to get enough moolah to save their school? Was that show really that good?

Yes, though I don't think money is involved. More so exposure for the school and a need to get more people to apply to said school to keep it open. I really liked the first season and the pacing of the story. Second season doesn't feel as well paced but does more to flesh out the characters.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Wark Say posted:

You know how dumb and crazy someone has to be to pay Japanese prices for anime? Add "idols" to the mix and suddenly you have fans that are many times dumber and crazier.

In any case, the first volume will likely sell much more than the rest of the show (although the rest of the show is going to sell really well too). It has an event ticket and costs about 20 dollars less than the other volumes, despite having the same amount of content on the disc.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 31, 2014

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....
Posting this so there's no mistakes in translation/hearsay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVroDBNMJLI
Newtype and Sankyo have collaborated and paid Kyoto Animation to make a short music video to promote Sankyo's upcoming "Super The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" pachinko game. They've taken the video and converted it into 707 frames spread around Japan on billboards, convenience stores, magazines, and websites. Users can upload these frames to the official website where they'll be placed in proper position for the music video (set to "Lost my music").

This is not a new anime series, movie, ova, etc. It's simply a video to promote the pachinko game.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

ultimatemegax posted:

Posting this so there's no mistakes in translation/hearsay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVroDBNMJLI
Newtype and Sankyo have collaborated and paid Kyoto Animation to make a short music video to promote Sankyo's upcoming "Super The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" pachinko game. They've taken the video and converted it into 707 frames spread around Japan on billboards, convenience stores, magazines, and websites. Users can upload these frames to the official website where they'll be placed in proper position for the music video (set to "Lost my music").

This is not a new anime series, movie, ova, etc. It's simply a video to promote the pachinko game.

Not sure if the above is surprising/newsworthy, I'm a little confused, but it's much like the commercial that Makoto Shinkai made for a correspondence education service.

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

Furious Lobster posted:

Not sure if the above is surprising/newsworthy, I'm a little confused, but it's much like the commercial that Makoto Shinkai made for a correspondence education service.

It's more that there'll be someone who sees "new Haruhi anime!" and jumps to the conclusion that it's a full length series, movie, or OVA and I wanted to stop the idiocy before it starts.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Furious Lobster posted:

I was really hoping that this was a new movie.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just looking at that website (haruhi.com) you wouldn't guess that. It just mentions the music video and uploading pictures. No where does it say what it is for. At least to an English speaker using Google translate.

E: yep. /a/ was going crazy over it thinking it was a new series.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 31, 2014

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I was really hoping that this was a new movie.

Yeah, I love Shinkai and also thought it was something new that he had made because I thought the two people were red-string-destiny lovers, which wouldn't surprise me given Shinkai's stories.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That receipt picture was kinda... extreme. I guess if it's a well-told story, I'll try to check the first season out.

I really just want to see more Turning Girls, though. :negative:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Haruhi Pachinko game expires on Tanabata (July 7) We're still waiting for another update on the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato and there probably will be something on that day (December 18th was the initial announcement.) People are going to say it was anime related anyways.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

What the gently caress.

Have a picture of an idiot buying tons of ingame currency for the Love Live game (by KLAB INC):

Wow. That's $1206.59 at today's exchange rate. I'm feeling guilty about shelling out $10.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jayisspecial posted:

What gets me is how much vitriol is thrown at the very scattered bits like that kiss while almost no outrage is directed at the unabashed cruelty they direct at a female character. They constantly brutalize her, strip her naked, and humilate her in various ways. I really enjoyed the game segments, but the degrading treatment is nearly nonstop in every episode.

That was what made me bail out of the series about halfway through episode two. It was really terrible, and it sounds like it got worse.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/stella_c3bu/statuses/472617254694424576
Apparently there's going to be some C3-bu announcement soon?
Seeing as the anime sold so badly the manga was cancelled I've got no idea what the gently caress they could have to announce.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Since the season is about three quarters done, anything that I'm "missing out on"? I'm watching Chaika, JoJo, Sidonia no Kishi and Love Live right now.

And a second question, anything look promising for the summer yet?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If you're not watching Mushishi and Ping Pong you're missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

C.M. Kruger posted:

Since the season is about three quarters done, anything that I'm "missing out on"? I'm watching Chaika, JoJo, Sidonia no Kishi and Love Live right now.

And a second question, anything look promising for the summer yet?

Just ping pong and mushishi, really.

• Locked thread