Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I am fairly excited for Knights of Sidonia. Yeah, 3dcg gets a bad rap, but the recent trailers actually make it look... pretty drat good.

Other than that, Ping Pong and One Week Friends look to be like nice enough shows to tide me over since KlK and Log Horizon are ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Well then. I don't think I've ever been so compelled by a website to watch a show before.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sakurazuka posted:

Majin Bone might have been an okay shounen action thing but man it looks cheap, like early 2000's digital animation bad.

I actually kind of liked that the style was very 80s-90s elcheapo anime. Some of the visual gags are just as dated, and I'll be damned, but it's just so charming.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Great Rumbler posted:

It's worth noting that Blade and Soul is based on a Korean MMO. So, yeah...

So they captured that grindy feeling perfectly!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jay O posted:

On the note of Funimation's high-class acquisitions, has anyone else taken a look at that Daimidaler show because it uh...

ALL ABOARD THE QUALITY VAN!

I watched this. I can't tell if the show is trying to be late-90s-terrible (with an art style, and animation quality to boot) in an ironic fashion or if it's just awful.

Only the second episode will tell.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Was suddenly, not terrible, with really really REALLY pretty animation. And the roomie is actually a masochist.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Serious Frolicking posted:

So is there some kind of story behind Majin Bone? I find it difficult to believe that it was produced in 2014.

It has the guy that did One Punch Man doing the character designs, and according to some rumors - he's going to be doing key animation for the show as well, and the director did work on Kamen Rider.

It's also probably unironically, the best shounen show this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress it, count me in on the No Game No Life express, destination - Hell.
On the plus side, the show literally goes "This is skeevy, these are creepy, maladjusted, socially inept, megalomaniacal fucks".
On the downside, well, things, but gently caress it. This may be a trainwreck, but it's a pretty trainwreck, and I can skip the 30 seconds of boobgrope, and 30 seconds of bath scene to enjoy the rest of the episode.

Also also. Bad touch in KLK? Multiple times? Cough cough? That scene I'm fairly sure a lot of you sat through, and didn't alt-F4 out of?

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 17, 2014

• Locked thread