Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
N-thing One Week Friends. Seems like it could be my non-harem romcomedrama of the season.

I've always loved the Kindaichi Case Files, so I'll probably watch it. I'm guessing it'll be covering Season II of the manga series? If it is, I'll be rewatching the books I've read but I'm not averse to that, and I've forgotten the earlier volumes anyways so it's not like I'll remember who the murderers are.

Gonna give Nana's Buried Treasure a try, as well as Even So, the World is Beautiful and Devil's Riddle, cause they seem interesting. I'm guessing I'll end up dropping the first and the third.

Nothing's really grabbing me this season, but then again, I wasn't too impressed with most of last season and thought I'd be just watching KlK and HxH and Chu2 Season 2, but I ended up loving the gently caress out of Engaged to the Unidentified and Zvezda.

On the other hand, Nobunagun was a total bust, so :shrug:.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Got around to finally watching the shows for this season after KLK withdrawal.

Kindaichi Case Files R
I still can't get used to anime Kindaichi's voice. Also, the case is... really outlandish, even for Kindaichi. It's strange how stuff that doesn't really bother me in the manga version sorta grates on me when it comes to the animated adaptations. Also shockingly I was able to understand how a murder was committed, something that I've never been able to do in the past 30+ cases or so. The transition from manga to anime seems to really screw over the story, since a lot of poo poo seems cut out. Accordin' to Wikipedia, the first case is the 13th case in the new manga series. I mean, I get that the first case of the new series was already adapted into an OVA, but why not start with the second case? It doesn't help that the story being set in not-Japan kinda blows my suspension of belief, since these people are all communicating in Japanese or something despite the setting being Hong Kong? Either way, I'm gonna try and stick around for one more case, to see how it is, and then figure out whether I want to drop it or not.

Also, and most importantly, who the gently caress names their son Long Dong? It's a loving dick joke. It's pronounced Ryong Dong in Korean, anyways.

Even So, The World Is Beautiful
Really digging this show. Nike is a great protagonist. My only issue is why a song sung in anime fantasyland would incorporate both English and Japanese but whatever, that's a minor nitpick. It's a loving keeper.

One Week Friends
Sweet and deeper than I'd expect from an anime that has a premise that resembles that Adam Sandler movie where he does Adamn Sandler poo poo. I think it was called Mr. Deeds or something. Also I don't care what anyone says, I liked the remake of The Longest Yard with Sandler in the leading role. Gonna keep watching for sure.

Is The Order A Rabbit?
Initially I watched the first two minutes or so and wasn't really impressed, then I got to the exchange about rabbits and after that everything was loving amazing. I dunno whether to place this or "Even So, The World Is Beautiful" as my favorite for this season but then again the two occupy different genres so who even cares, they're both great. Only watched one episode so far, but everything about it (sans fanservice) shows promise, and apparently the second episode doesn't even have fanservice? A resounding yes.

The Devil's Riddle
It's pretty interesting trying to figure what each character's deal is. Anime assassin / serial killer / crazy murderer schoolgirls all gather in one room to kill a helpless girl who's determined to graduate. Part of me wants to see awesome fighting scenes and assassinations, while the other part of me wants to see this anime become a darker rendition of "Kill Me Baby" where the normal girl is determined to make friends with each and every one of the girls aiming for her life. It's hard to keep track of all these names and characters though. Gonna keep watching for now.

Haven't watched Chaika, Nanana or Mekaku yet. Might not even give 'em a try, since 5 animes is a lot of animes to keep up with in a season. Maybe if I drop Kindaichi.

• Locked thread