Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acidblue
Apr 30, 2005
nerdboy
I rolled a Sentinel to AOE and level up my other characters, but I need to get him to max level first. How do I join you guys and your Nazi guild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

acidblue posted:

I rolled a Sentinel to AOE and level up my other characters, but I need to get him to max level first. How do I join you guys and your Nazi guild?

Usually someone on irc will help you eventually.

acidblue
Apr 30, 2005
nerdboy

Lorem ipsum posted:

Usually someone on irc will help you eventually.

What's funny is you helped me pretty quick to get invited. Thanks again!

Captain Riggs
Nov 15, 2003

I'll draw his fire and you run for cover!
Stupid newb (probably) question:
I an trying to vendor some staffs, wands, and jewelry that dropped from mobs. I ran around everywhere trying to find an npc vendor that would allow me to sell it to them. I finally found a sage NPC in some player city that has the staffs, wands, and jewelry in my inventory show up on their "sell" list but clicking on the item and clicking the sell button does nothing...no error message, just nothing...

Is there some prerequisite for selling these items or something? I'm just trying to sell most things as I level to get the gold. I can sell armor and weapons to the appropiate armor and weapon NPC, but I cant seem to get rid of the staffs, wands, and jewelry...

Also while I'm at it:

What should I do with things like stone,lumber,coal, etc... that i get while leveling? Is there some NPC to sell this to or should I just junk it?

Also, what in the hell are "offerings" (items like twilight relic, devourer scale, dreaming stone)?

Captain Riggs fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 11, 2014

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

You should be able to sell so I'm not sure what is wrong with that since Sages are the right merchants for those. You should look to see if there is an open "junk" merchant that your guild lets you use though since by doing it yourself you get 100% of item value instead of 33% or whatever a merchant is set for. They are usually in a hut and will be named appropriately.

Offerings are given to Votays at shrines to increase the amount of favor they have. Favor is used to obtain race/class buffs from a shrine. There is one for each race/class so ask your nation where the ones you need are and hit those up before you go to PvP.

Materials are used for city poo poo, bank it, donate it, or throw it away. Materials like obsidian which are only obtained on Oblivion and the like are worthwhile but lumber and poo poo I don't think as much.

Stryfe
Jun 20, 2006
Death is instant, Pain will end, glory is forever
I made the AOE Sentinel, it is not bad. You need ~1900 defense to be able to do turtles aoe.

It seems that a Nephilem Fury is what everyone advises. Lots of aoe damage and you can fly up so mobs crowd under you but they cannot attack you. However Fury's aoe spells are not party friendly so you can't pickup loot. Aoe Sentinel's spells are party friendly. Also would recommend an Elf Sentinel does ~40% more damage per spell. Since You have such high defense, your farmer does not really need the extra hp / loot space a half-giant gives.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

STAMPEDE! baned 9/3 Rally 8:15pm EST.

GIMpy12 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 3, 2014

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

Have characters geared and leveled you're never going to use? Send me the account info and your pixels shall live on. Passwords are super simple to change just change your forum account password and wait until the server resets. I have PMs and I am always in IRC.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Been camping out in IRC the past couple days. Since nobody was in there I'm posting here to get in on this train before it fully derails. :black101:

So far I've been trying to multi-box these dudes:
R4 Mino War - Muselmann
R4 Cent Druid - Allahsfury
R4 Aracoix Huntress - Islamamama

I'll hang out in IRC if anybody is still playing.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Moose_Knuck posted:

Been camping out in IRC the past couple days. Since nobody was in there I'm posting here to get in on this train before it fully derails. :black101:

So far I've been trying to multi-box these dudes:
R4 Mino War - Muselmann
R4 Cent Druid - Allahsfury
R4 Aracoix Huntress - Islamamama

I'll hang out in IRC if anybody is still playing.

Yea, I really don't play anymore but I rejoined the channel and can get you setup prob with a guild and stuff.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Well, lookie here. Long time player way back in the live days, haven't kept up with what was happening with the various emulator projects but had a random thought strike me and thought I'd see if there were people playing, and here we find screenshots of hundreds of people and active banes and build discussion and oh my god the nostalgia. :swoon:

No other video game ever has come close to providing what SB did, in every possible way. I played mostly on Mourning back in the day, started with the Chaos Rising crew and eventually merged into the MV/TDL group a little while after their big war with UDL and OPP. My user name I use here stuck as my go-to online name because of my longest played main in Shadowbane, a Minotaur 2h hammer Warrior. he was bad, but I loved him all the same. I have the Mask of Morloch tattooed on my leg. True story.

Some of the most fun I ever had playing the game was running around with an Aracoix steal thief and griefing leveling groups or better yet stalking players right before a discipline rune dropper spawned and adding extra stress to the fight over the mob with people knowing that a Thief was nearby. I got away with ninja looting runes with that toon several times, it was awesome. Also loved playing a Deflar, as cliche as they became after a while. Another favorite was taking the high-def idea and applying it to a Dwarf Priest and holy poo poo that toon was the toughest mfer to kill during a fight, and worked wonderfully in the control role for group fights. Super long stuns, debuffs, and heals, with massive survivability. Awesome.

So, I might not make the time to play this again, but I'm going to follow this thread and who knows, may yet get the emulator setup at some point soon. Who knows. I mostly just wanted to say hey, show support and chime in with some memories. Play to Crush, friends. :black101:

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Merauder posted:

I have the Mask of Morloch tattooed on my leg. True story.

This is fantastic. Let me know if you decide to start playing again.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Guys. GUYS.

http://www.play2crush.com/

New project from the original creative director of Shadowbane. Holy poo poo. Trying not to go into overhype mode here but HOLY poo poo.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Merauder posted:

Guys. GUYS.

http://www.play2crush.com/

New project from the original creative director of Shadowbane. Holy poo poo. Trying not to go into overhype mode here but HOLY poo poo.

"J. Todd Coleman was the Creative Director of Shadowbane. Gordon Walton was the Executive Producer of Ultima Online"

Well let's see what they come up with. I'm all ears.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
So whats up with this and sbemu? I hopped in the irc but it was empty, did yall bail on the game?

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush
Edit: phone posting and didn't look at dates. This thread is dead, nothing to see here.

EvilMayo fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 9, 2015

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Synnr posted:

So whats up with this and sbemu? I hopped in the irc but it was empty, did yall bail on the game?

Yea, pretty much. If you still want to play, I can likely get you setup with a pubbie guild if you want.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Edit: phone posting and didn't look at dates. This thread is dead, nothing to see here.

Doesn't have to be dead. The emulator just got a major update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

I too am down for Nazi pubbie simulator...

• Locked thread