Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Not only does Tibby repair the coupler, he somehow manages to improve the whole system's efficiency, with extra power throughput to the sublights and repulsors. If he wanted to, with a little work on that lower Corvette engine's exhaust manifold and a few patches over the exposed bits, and he could probably get it up and running again, doubling their engine power.

[[Repairs took 3 hours, further repairs to the sublights would take another 4, giving you onyl an hour before the bacta smugglers arrive.]]

DESTINY POOL:

3 Dark / 5 Light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
Lukan Triege - {i]Alderaan's Pride[/i] cockpit, Twilight Sector, Coruscant

"Aye, sir. Preparing for departure," Lukan said into the comm. He settled into the pilot's seat, and flexed his fingers. The Pride's flight controls were as unlike a TIE Fighter or Lambda as it was possible to be. The control yoke sat too high, the throttle controls were almost out of reach, the rudder pedals were too far forward, and the toggle switches for the various subsystems were never where he expected them to be. Lukan could get a TIE off the flight deck and into the air in under 60 seconds; he spent 20 minutes getting the Alderaan's Pride ready to move.

"Okay," he muttered. "Activating subsystems. Do not explode." Trying not to hold his breath, Lukan started flipping switches.

pre:
  • Engine - 100%
  • Sublight Drive - 95%
  • Repulsors - 95%
  • Hyperdrive - 90%
  • Navicomp - 90%
  • Life Support - 100%
  • Shields - 90%
  • Wing laser cannon - 90%
  • Tractor Beam - 0%
  • Ion Cannon - 0%
  • Short-Range Sensors - 90%
  • Long-Range Sensors - 90%
Lukan let out a sigh. "Finally." He tapped on the comm. "Agent Anders, sir, we are reading green across the board. The tractor beam and ion cannon are down, obviously." Lukan cycled through detailed readings on the engines. "Engine power is good. Everything is 90% or better. On your order, I will contact Orbital Command to get a flight corridor for departure."

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Anders Olaffson, Alderaans Pride

"Thank you Lukan, Ok Team Sitrep. Tibby used some of his underground contacts to acquire some military grade bacta for us in a trade. The issue is that we don't actually need the bacta since we found enough trade goods aboard the ship. We also don't have the 20,000 imperial credits the smugglers want for it. We have two choices. We get launch clearance and get underway, or we stay and split into the two teams and try to capture/confiscate the bacta. I believe the likelihood of our being able to retain these smugglers as contacts as very low if we confiscate the bacta. Even if our ruse works we will be in the position of needing them to never see one of the imperial team interacting with our smuggler/ship crew team. My inclination is we get out of here, but I am willing to hear arguments otherwise."

Jaynen fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 11, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

Alderaans Pride; Hangar; Twilight Sector; Coruscant

"While I don't see us as having an immediate need for the Bacta, I see us needing the goodwill of Tibby's contacts even less." He looks at Tibby and shrugs, "No offense." Telsh continues, "We could certainly find a use for 20,000 credits worth of Bacta, and I feel like we could rustle up some backup to tip the odds in our favor. Is that scanning team still hanging around the hangar?"

Real talk: My vote is get some backup, via deception or another means, in the form of a few troopers to help spring the trap with us and not turn this into a firefight. Telsh has no problems simply getting underway, though.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Alderaan's Pride

"My experience with covert operations is somewhat limited. However, my understanding is that the desire is to maintain relations with Agent Korne's criminal contact and not this specific group of smugglers. Such an amount of bacta would be useful, but unnecessary. Sir, if the plan is to acquire it, why not simply ambush and dispatch the smugglers? Quick, efficient; we take the bacta and space the bodies at some point during our flight so that evidence of foul play is unlikely to be discovered. Agent Korne can claim the smugglers were a no-show."

Kraye momentarily considers the plant stock they currently possess,

Knowledge: Warfare check on the Nysillin

http://orokos.com/roll/173421: 1eP+2eA+3eD 1 success, 2 advantage

"Sir, the Nysillin this ship was carrying may be useful as an alternate solution, although a difficult one. Processed, the plant is a powerful opiate and hallucinogen, leaving a subject highly vulnerable to suggestion. I recommend we retain some of the organic matter to use for interrogation, however, the bulk has value on the black market and is possibly viable trade for the bacta. My recommendation remains the use of direct action, however."

2 Advantage: Nysillin as bargaining chip provides a Boost die to a Negotiation roll (Pending GM approval).

Not Keyser Soze fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 11, 2014

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Anders Olaffson, Alderaans Pride

Anders ponders the responses of the two men. "The more I think about it the more I see options for us screwing up this opportunity we have with the ISB, there is too much on the table for us, this unit, and the empire to take the unnecessary risk for the extra assets. Mr Triege please get authorization and take us out."

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Lukan Triege - Alderaan's Pride cockpit, Twilight Sector, Coruscant

"Aye, sir," Lukan said. He reached, in his opinion, too far across the cockpit to the main communication control panel, then patched his headset into Imperial Center Orbital Control. He waited a few minutes for the droids to recognize the Alderaan's Pride as a ship authorized by BoSS. Then he waited more for a Certified Flight Controller to come over the line.

<<Go ahead, Alderaan's Pride>>

"Roger, ICOC," Lukan replied. "This is Pilot Gavyn Laga, Alderaan's Pride. Requesting clearance to enter low orbit." Lukan flipped through the HoloNet access terminal built into the console. "Then vector to an approved Hyperspace Jump Point for the Hydian Way."

[OOC: As soon as Lukan gets clearance and the team confirms they are ready, he will take off and head toward the jump point.]

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Alderaan's Pride - Bay

Having found something resembling a cloth tarp Kraye takes an inventory of supplies and is satisfied, for the moment, of his ability to conduct emergency surgery in a reasonably sanitary environment. As the engines spin up he points over to the cockpit, half paying attention, "Agent Triege, within reach should be two metal bottles containing an industrial dye containing alkyl nitrates and phenelthymine. I believe pilots call it 'Booster Blue'. It will increase your focus and reaction time but the 'crash' on the back end can be severe. Please drink responsibly."

2 Doses of Booster Blue: BB lasts for ONE scene, during which ALL Agility, Cunning and Intellect-based skill checks by the user are Upgraded once. At the end of the scene the user may not recover Strain by the End-of-Scene/Encounter recovery checks for the rest of the "Game Session" (so GM discretion, really). This stuff is basically Space Red Bull so you get a huge caffeine rush and then you're just too uncomfortably energetic to relax for a long time. Also it is, literally, blue spaceship paint so mmmm down the hatch!

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Lukan Triege - Alderaan's Pride, Twilight Sector, Coruscant

Lukan glanced skeptically at the metal bottles shoved into the storage bin between the pilot and copilot seats. Booster Blue? Lukan had heard of it, but he'd never actually seen it.

"Duly noted, Agent Kraye," Lukan called back. "Let us hope I don't need it."

[OOC: If we get into a dogfight, I most certainly will!]

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hangar - Twilight Sector, Coruscant

A male voice crackles over the comm:

<<Hold, Gavyn Laga...>>

You wait several seconds before the voice returns:

<<Roger that, Alderaan's Pride, you are cleared for exit vector. Proceed to 45 85, Mark 2.>>

As the jury-rigged freighter lurches off the deck shakily and drifts out of the hangar on its repulsorlifts, you all hear a screeching whine from somewhere below. Nosing up and heading for the exit vector, the screeching only grows louder as the ventral wing unfolds and locks into place with a loud *CHUNK* that seems to make the entire hull shake. A few bumpy moments later you have cleared atmosphere and are able to engage the sublight engines, at which point Lukan would be surprised to find the ship lurch forward with surprising speed, courtesy of Tibby. Surprisingly zippy and nimble in a vacuum, you easily navigate through the streams of interstellar traffic to the well annotated jump off point for the Perlemian Trade Route, next stop, Brentaal.

Easing the ship into its jump vector and being fed the navicomp coordinates from the network of navsats at the outer edge of Coruscant's orbit, the ship jumps forward, the starfield blurring into starlines as the mottled tunnel of hyperspace opens up before you and engulfs the small craft.

Tibby: Just prior to clearing atmosphere, you get a message on your DarkNet BBS:
code:
<Bantha_Poodu> My men are at the hangar, they're not seeing you. What is this sithspit?
[[OOC: You're enroute to Brentaal and will be there in about 3 hours, at which point you can stop to get supplies or just keep going. Anything you want to do on the ship can also be done now. Feel free to look up Brentaal on a wiki, it's a well known system so most info would be common knowledge.]]

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

Alderaans Pride; Space above Coruscant

As the ship rockets into the trade lanes, Telsh finishes packing his meager belongings into his rack in the crew quarters. Laying down, he grips the rack and his knuckles turn wait as he anticipates the jump to lightspeed. 'I'll never get used to this poo poo.' he mutters to himself. As the ship lurches into hyperspace, Telsh fights to keep his lunch in his stomach. He squeezes his eyes shut and forces himself to think of home.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Anders Olaffson, Briefing Room

"It's time to start thinking about who we are. Everyone please see the attached fake ID's Tibby was able to secure for us. All troublemakers from Alderaan and all look like they were known for running together."

pre:
Lieutenant Anders Olaffson - Garo Brandolph, Alderaan
Lukan Triege - Gavyn Laga, Alderaan
Tiberius 'Tibby' Korne - Castann Arkik, Alderaan
Teriq Zarrano - Jafan Syko, Alderaan
CM-2/834 'Kraye' - Crix Vane, Alderaan
Senna Jehrand - Ledo Kale, Alderaan
Tarrik 'Breach' Voss - Darro Tane, Alderaan
If there is more info we need about what connects us, or what our business is or anything we need to know about this people more in depth should we all just make it up or would it be tied to these?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

Briefing Room; Alderaans Pride; Space above Coruscant

Telsh scans through the IDs and whistles softly, "Sheeeeeit, I guess being late to the party has it's disadvantages. Tibby, any chance you've got an extra or a leftover?"

"I read y'all's dossiers, but that doesn't mean I know everything about you, so please forgive if it feels like I'm preaching to the choir here...indulge me a moment." Telsh stands up and cracks one of his knuckles as he speaks, "When you step into a cover like this, it helps to decide on some little things instead of the big picture. For example," He looks at Olaffson over the rim of his glasses which have slid down his nose a considerable amount, "Olaffson here goes into meet a contact for a drink. He sits down and in front of him is a glass of nice Corellian whiskey. He goes to reach for it, but would," Telsh glances down at the contact list, "Garo Brandolph drink his whiskey like an upscale city folk, or like a farm kid? Should he grab the rim of the glass between his thumb and middle finger, leaving his pointer free to gesticulate as he waves the glass around while talks? Or does he grab the glass further down in a solid, simple grip and set it down carefully every time?"

"Now, it really doesn't matter what you do, but pick some small things and own them as your cover identity ... Because if you nail all the little things, and really believe them, then you'll float right over the tough stuff."

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
[quote="Jaynen" post="426855128"]
Anders Olaffson, Alderaan's Pride, Hyperspace

"Let's talk about who "we" are and what "we" collectively are doing on the planet and why we might have business with the Golden Dewback. Once we establish more of that who we are individually can be a bit easier. Even posing as Alderaan survivors and Rebel sympathizers or at least not that happy with the empire types. Why would we be braving the trip to the planet right now?"

pre:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tibby Korne - Alderaan's Pride

After spending some more time in the engineering room straightening things up, and putting some things back where they were supposed to go, Tibby emerges from the cramped enginnering room smelling of burnt plastic and electrical cabling. Walking over to the fresher, he cleans most of the grease off of his hands, before finding his bag left near the loading ramp.

Appearing in the cockpit a few minutes later, he quickly moves to the Comms/Scanning station, and pulls his customized datapad out of his bag. Slipping the droid interface cable into the astormech slot on the cockpit, he interfaces with the ships computer and quickly gains control of all of the systems in what seems to be a fairly easy maneuver.

Computers: 2eP+2eA+3eD 1 success

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Brentaal

Emerging from hyperspace a few short hours later, the Alderaan's Pride pops back into realspace at the edge of the Brentaal system. Far off to starboard, Brentaal IV shimmers pink in the distance. Opting not to make a pitstop, the G9 continues on, making a quick 15 second hop across the system after receiving the navsat coordinates for the entrance vector to the Hydian Way.

As the team looks over their forged IDs and begins to formulate their new identities, Lukan adjusts the ship's heading and waits for his clearance to enter the Way.

pre:
Jaren Telsh - Kyre Sood, Alderaan
Pulling back the hyperspace control lever, the stars once again stretch into starlines, and the freighter is on its way.

[[You are now on your way to Junction, where you will be able to get off the Hydian Way and head towards the other small routes that will ultimately get you to Marrovia. Check the map and the wiki article to see if there are any pitstops you would like to make on the way, for whatever reason. You will arrive at Junction in roughly 16 hours. If there's anything else you want to accomplish on the ship, now is the time to do it.

If you so choose, you can also make a Hard Vigilance check (3D+1S) as you wander the relatively cramped space of the small freighter. Lukan and Telsh can remove the Setback dice from their rolls. These rolls are not cumulative.]]

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Tibby's datapad attempts to translate the Ubese into something resembling Basic [[items in brackets are not translated]]:

code:
Welcome, Master [VKJTWUE^5]

[LGHADGKJETUjkkkkkkk] Legacy" Main Menu:

1> [GRKGHJAGPOIUQR] Status
[UYTEOE]> [OIADKUHHJLNANSKHGUER] Access
3> [LHDGJHLAJHIUW] [GJHADJHGKJJLA]
4> Communications [LADGHHALJEOTU]
5> [KLGHKASJFJOUR]
6> [GRKGHJAGPOIUQR] Cargo [GJHADJHGKJJLA]
[OIJALDG]> [KLAJSGKHAHTIUHGS]'s [LADGHHALJEOTU]
... he'd have his work cut out for him if he was gonna make sense of this.

[[You can make a further 2D+1C+1S or alternatively a 3D+3S Computers roll to try and crack the Computer. Failure will result in getting nowhere, Threat will result in the loss of data, and Despair will result in the complete erasure of all backed up information, with a risk for further damage to the current system.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

http://orokos.com/roll/173979: 3eD+1eS+2eP+2eA 2 successes, 3 threat

This was the hard vigilance roll

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Lukan Triege - Alderaan's Pride cockpit, Hydian Way Hyperspace Lane

"And we are riding the Way," Lukan muttered. He set the auto-pilot, locked the control yoke, then stood up. It would be hours before they reached Junction, and there was no point staring at the console all the way there.

Leaning against the cockpit hatch, Lukan stuck his head into the main cabin where the others were busy cleaning weapons, inventorying gear, and making sure their cover stories matched. When it came to the lie about why they were heading to Marrovia, no one said anything.

"We could come up with a good excuse," Lukan said. "Or we could be deliberately secretive. A half dozen Alderaanians in a beat up ship with war gear? Everybody will think we're Rebels without us having to convince them."

[OOC: Jaynen rolled pretty well on the Vigilance, so I will abstain.]

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tibby starts cursing at the interface as it presents the Ubese partially translated menu system.

"Why in the hell couldn't we have gotten a complete overhaul on this poo poo box. We could have a brand new InCom 5300 Droidamater like they have in the Lambda's, but no, we've got to deal with this."

Furiously typing at the console, Tibby attempts to load some old translation modules he's had hidden away, but it seems to make the translations worse.

Load Space Google translatea: 2eP+2eA+2eB+2eD+1eC+1eS 2 failures, 7 advantage

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Teriq

With nothing much else to do, Teriq looks over Tibby's shoulder. He has an idea, but it's hard to noodle out with what they got so far.

"What about that last entry, underneath number 6? What's it say, OIJALDG? Could be a locked file. Any chance you can crack it? Might give us more gibberish to work with, or a few other clues."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

While the rest of the crew fucks around with the computer, Telsh takes his time walking around the ship. He tries to get a feel for all the nooks and crannys, smugglers hides and blind corners.

After fifteen to twenty minutes he feels like he's gotten a solid layout of the ship and heads back up to the bridge. "Y'all make any progress with this computer? Why don't we just pitstop before getting to Marrovia and wipe the drat thing."

Vigilance Roll: 1eP+2eA+3eD 1 failure, 1 advantage

Flipping a destiny point to make the roll, not that it did any good. I guess if someone is making a roll soon and wants that advantage to boost them lemme know and I'll work it into the narrative.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Alderaan's Pride, Hydian Way

Tibby's attempts to force translate the menu fail, the translation modules interfering with each others' code to translate the system multiple times such that the entire ends up in Chevin. Thankfully, Chevin is surprisingly easy to translate back to Basic, and a few minutes later he finally has all the kinks worked out and has access to MOST of the menu:

pre:
Welcome, Master Tharkuse

"Valorum's Legacy" Main Menu:

1> Ship Status
2> HoloNet Access
3> Personnel Manifest
4> [CHECKSUM ERROR #873147M...... Reinitializing...... /\]
5> Settings
6> Ship Cargo Manifest
7> [CHECKSUM ERROR #789265B...... Reinitializing...... /\]
The errored menu options seems to hang on the reinitializing prompt, the small triangles spinning infinitely. Perhaps if the ship's systems are rebooted Tibby might be able to correctly access them, but that's impossible to do while in Hyperspace. Well, not impossible, he CAN do it, it'd just be REALLY stupid.

Meanwhile, Telsh wanders the ship and finds... a sock! Perhaps a clue. Oh no, wait, it's just Senna's.

Anders, meanwhile, frowns slightly as he looks at a small port in the doorjam of the cockpit, blended into the frame itself. Looking closer, he realizes it's... some sort of glass port. He's not sure what to make of it.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 14, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Gaining access to the computer was not an easy task, so Tibby takes the time, note that he has the access, to use the settings menu to reset the ship to the current details they want it to have, including the names of the crew, the current ship's inventory, and the name that the computer shows for the ship.

He basically dumps all of the old miscellaneous data or the ship, not bothering to look at any of it unless something catches his eye.

Perception: 2eA+2eD 1 success, 2 threat

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Motioning to anyone who will listen. "Take a look at this, there appears to be some sort of glass port in the door jam to the cockpit."

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Lukan Triege - Alderaan's Pride cockpit, Hydian Way Hyperspace Lane

As he'd been leaning on the door jamb for a bit, all Lukan had to do was look down to see what Anders is pointing out. He knelt for a closer look, but after a few seconds still has no idea what the thing was supposed to be.

"That is a mystery to me," Lukan muttered. He glanced up at Anders. "Perhaps one of the boffins should take a look?"

[OOC: What is this thing? Is it like a data port made out of glass or am I just totally misunderstanding?]

Knowledge - Warfare - Examine Hidden Camera: 2eA+1eP+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage

Lukan took a closer look at the glass port. "What a minute. I know exactly what this is. Ship security used a few similar designs on the Jeref." Lukan tapped the door jamb right above the port. "This is a security camera."

He stood up and scanned the cockpit. "There may be more of them. While I don't mind if ISB eavesdrops on us, we can't be sure these are an Imperial system."

[OOC: Fuzz, what else do I know about this tiny device?]

KJDavid fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 14, 2014

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Alderaan's Pride, Hyperspace

"Considering this ship's general state of disrepair it might be safer to fiddle with any hull abnormalities when we have landed and are no longer in hyperspace...or space at all, for that matter."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

Telsh thinks for a moment, then turns on his heel and heads towards small maintenence locker he saw near engineering. He returns in a moment and slides through the crowd of people looking at the camera. Telsh pulls out the sock he found, smeared with a little grease. "Well whatever it is, we don't need to mess it yet...for now though..." he sticks the grease covered sock over the lens, presses it down firmly so it sticks, and steps back smiling. "This'll do."

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Nods as Jaren places the sock over the camera. "Remember all the monitors in the Moff's office. Let this remind us that we are here to do our best and prove ourselves as the trust of the empire is being placed on us."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh

Telsh straightens up and wipes the grease off on a rag. "Now that we know what we're looking for, we should look for more devices like this. Covering them would be ideal, but at least if we know about them we can find blind spots."

Searching for more cameras: 1eP+2eA+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat

Threat could be tripping some sort of anti-tamper in searching for them?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Teriq

"I'm on it."

Finding a small, shiny surface on the interior of a starship is a lot easier than you'd think. Finding a specific one is much, much harder. There's a lot of metal and glass on the consoles, the small kitchenette, even the refresher (though in hindsight, Teriq feels that even the ISB isn't depraved enough to bug their crapper). Still, he knows what to look for. Better yet, he's got a marksman's eye for the high ground. It tells him where to look for the best view on the likeliest gathering spots on the ship. Elevated for a commanding view of the area, out of the way so as not to catch a stray glance. Above all, never to be where you'd expect them to be.

The first was fairly clever. It was replacing a metal screw holding on a suspiciously clean piece of the interior. Most of the walls of the ship were dotted with scratches and corrosion, but not that one. Piece of rotten tech was just rounded enough to look like the round bolts securing the rest of the panel, but the glass lens was transparent and the panel itself just showed right through. The second was in the "captain's quarters". Similar subterfuge as the first, but the camera drew more attention to itself by pretending to be a screw on a faux-wooden shelf. Not the best place to hide it, but honestly, when was the last time anyone paid that much attention to a shelf?

The last one he found was too drat easy to overlook. It was up above the small dining area by the kitchen, staring directly down at the table. It'd be hard for the ISB to get anyone's face on that camera, but in hindsight it made sense. That table was likely to be the only place with enough surface area to do any real paperwork. If you were the spymasters, you'd want to get a good look at whatever forgeries, cheats and evasions were being perpetrated against the bureaucracy in a small freighter out in the expanse. A bit of quick work with a knife and the three extra cameras were out of the hull and in the compactor. Still, no sense in leaving anything to chance. Might as well look for more; the ISB doesn't leave things half done.

Camera check: 2eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Checks his datapad for information regarding the contact on Marrovia. "So first steps on arriving in Marrovia, we dock as traders dealing in agricultural goods, we are Aldeeraan survivors, and clearly we have no love for the empire. We should attempt to get access to any ship landing logs assuming that there are limited places to land a ship with most of the farming being done underground it might be these are available right where we land. However, also remember we don't actually have any imperial support here so we will have to plan on the move. It probably would not hurt to seem like we would be the types that would appreciate being in contact with the Rebels."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Alderaan's Pride - Hyperspace

Scanning through the ship's data takes quite a bit longer than Tibby expected, the manifest logs apparently going back several years and his datapad freezing up several times during the process, requiring a reboot to continue. He does, however, find something interesting in the Personnel Manifest, a listing of the ship's previous crew, with dossiers attached:

pre:
Tharkuse - Captain - Ubese male
Jennal Beren - First Officer - Dathomiri female
Tak Dang - Pilot - Nautolan male
Zien Punb - Navigator - Sullustan male
Crix Vane - Engineer - Human male
The dossiers take some time to download to the datapad.

Telsh and Teriq, meanwhile, succeed in finding the other 3 cameras hidden around the ship. covering their lenses or simply removing them entirely, Teriq also manages to follow the wiring back to a microphone wired into the ceiling of the cockpit, which he quickly rips out and spaces along with the rest of the cameras. The trip is otehrwise uneventful, as Anders has everyone review their mission briefing while Lukan navigates the Nydian Way's many stop offs, taking turns with other members of the team over the next 36 hours until you finally reach...

Alderaan's Pride - Outer orbit, Marrovia II

The G9 drops out of hyperspace with a lurch, a progressively smoother transition as Lukan has started to acclimate himself to the feel of the ship and its odd combination of components. Before you lies a dull red world, an orange haze of a penumbra signifying all but the bare minimum of atmosphere for a planet to be considered habitable by the vast majority of species. Your scanners would reveal as much, a planet with a high CO2 composition of over 2%, but with a solid 24% oxygen to offset this fact, the remainder of the atmosphere being a combination of nitrogen and various sulfur oxides... nothing to worry about for a short stay, but settling down for several years might take a toll on your delicate human lungs.

Your scan also manages to locate the sole settlement that could count as a town on this rock, more than likely Salavar City, as per Agent Malek's briefing. On the leading edge of the dark side of the planet currently (signifying it is early evening in the city), with a little fiddling Tibby is able to pickup the spaceport's comm broadcast channel, a coarse and metallic voice squawking over the speaker:

"Salvar Control tower to G9 freighter, state your identification and the nature of your business."

The voice waits a few moments before repeating itself, in roughly the same timbre, followed by a, "do you copy?"

Destiny Pool: 4 Light / 4 Dark

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 3, 2014

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Lukan Triege - Alderaan's Pride cockpit, outer orbit, Marrovia II

<<Do you copy?>>

Lukan flipped the comm-feed to his headset, then said, "Copy, Salavar Control. This Alderaan's Pride." Lukan found the coordinates for Salavar City on the scanner, then keyed the transponder to broadcast the G9's newly minted identity. "Looking for trade. Transmitting ident now, over."

While waiting for Salavar Control to respond, Lukan hit the mute switch on his headset. He glanced back toward the main cabin, and shouted, "Captain Brandolph! Coming up on Marrovia II." Then, he strapped himself into the pilot's seat, and got the navicomputer calculating a new hyperspace vector. The ident should be 100% solid, since ISB forged it, but one never knew what might go wrong on the Outer Rim....

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

"Roger that First Officer Gavyn Laga." He grins slightly already realizing its going to be hell to keep these names straight.

pre:

Jaynen fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 17, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dossier:
pre:

Name: Vash Laret
Known Aliases: Gulor Nash (Marrovia II)
Species: Twi'lek
Homeworld: Ryloth
Languages Known: Galactic Basic, Twi'leki, Lekku*, Huttese

Employer(s): Salazar City Spaceport (current), Ororo Transportation (Previous, refer to Tenloss Syndicate)
Organization Affiliations: Tenloss Syndicate (Wanted)

Known Next of Kin: 
Kitral Laret - Daughter, age 28
Unnamed daughter - age 22
Moral Laret (deceased) - formerly Moral Nash, spouse, age 43 at death (See File ISB-X956743)

Notes:
- Former ship thief
- Angered Tenloss Leukish (See File ISB-C7907) by stealing Syndicate property. (See File ISB-C8907356)
- Current Bounty of 11,000 credits.
- Wife murdered during failed assassination attempt by bounty hunter, IG-88. (See File ISB-D89567)
- Currently operating as Shipyard Foreman of Salazar City Spaceport on Marrovia II.
- 40% of income is wired to a dummy account on Arkania, Account number ADC-11156790876523.
- Account number ADC-11156790876523 accessed at regular intervals from Sulon.
- Current wherabouts of children unknown, possibly on Sulon (see above).

* - Esoteric form of sign language of the Twi'lek people, assume all lekku movements are some form of communication.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 18, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Alderaan's Pride - Outer Orbit, Marrovia II

Less than a minute passes before you get a confirmation tone over the comm, "Roger that, Alderaan's Pride, you are clear to land in Landing Bay 7. Control out."

As the ship enters the hazy orange atmosphere, you are greeted by a sullen landscape. The surface of Marrovia II is a rust-colored, heat-baked desert, with deep crevasses criss-crossing the entire surface where the intense heat of the distant Neutron star has cooked the terrain to such a degree that it has literally split open to release the heat contained within. As the ship drops lower over the flats, you notice that within the rusty clay colored soil are a myriad rainbow of speckled reflections, signs of microscopic mineral deposits and possibly precious metals mixed into the soil - unsurprising, as neutron star systems are often young and rich in rare minerals, which would account for the many mining concerns in the Marrovia Asteroid Belt.

Passing over a small moisture farm abutting a particularly large crevasse with what looks like some sort of pulley and lift system build into the side of it, the G9-Rigger slides along the surface, crossing into the dark side of the planet and coming upon Salazar City, a small series of structures clustered in a huddle around a central dome, with walkways connecting the many structures.

Making your way to Landing Bay 7, you are once again greeted by the shuddering scraping sound as the ventral wing folds on its creaky joint, the ship thumping down hard on the landing pad, which immediately starts to lower as an atmospheric shield begins to slide overhead, leaving you in a small domed bay with a reddish particulate haze which is quickly vented out through large exhaust vents that circle the bay.

On disembarking, you find... no one to greet you. Apparently hospitality isn't one of the city's strong suits. Consulting the information terminal at the accordion bridge entrance, you are greeted with a simple diagram map of the city:

pre:
Blue - Salazar Spaceport
Lavender - Landing Bays 1-8
Magenta - Industrial and Warehouse Districts 1 and 2
Green - Trade Districts 1 and 2
Cyan - Residential Districts 1 and 2
On further investigation, each "district" amounts to little more than roughly 12,000 square meters (3 acres), and the total population of the city itself is barely 8,000 civilians, the entirety of which lives in the two residential zones in what appear to be dense tenement housing. The Industrial district connecting to Bay 5 appears to house a small smelting factory for metals as well as several large container warehouses, the other Industrial district seems to have a mushroom canning factory and a similar container stack warehouse. Trade District 2 connects to Bay 6 and has the city's lone canteen, The Salazar Jewel, as well as a variety of small shops and storefronts, most likely aimed toward selling goods to the residents of the city. Trade District 1, conversely, seems to be entirely taken up by two large buildings, most likely for bulk offworld trade.

Finally, the central Salazar Spaceport is, in fact, a single large building which rises well above the rest of the city, reaching straight up to the apex of the city's dome. The spire appears to have roughly 30-40 levels, many of which are lined with transparisteel and must afford a rather impressive view of the city, for what it is. The base of the tower splits out into spokes which follow the demarcations of the districts, and seem to have the main entrances to the tower itself. The districts are in an open plan, with only the residential districts being separated off from the others by a 10m high duracrete wall, with two main accesses facing the Spaceport, one for each district.

Yours is the only ship moored in Bay 7.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Senna Jehrand - Alderaan's Pride, Marrovia II

The reversion to realspace was not enough to break Senna's concentration away from her datapad, but the jarring mechanical cacophony of the G9's ventral wing retracting into landing position definitely gets her attention. Climbing out of her bunk, she makes her way towards the cockpit past the main hold, where the fruits of the search have been piled haphazardly in several boxes. Something catches her eye.

Medicine check - what's that stuff?: 3eA+1eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat

She cracks open a canister but can't quite tell what's in the nutrient solution without a quick sniff - but not quick enough! A snootful of Nysillin makes her cough and choke for a few moments before she can recover herself. She closes the canister and heads forward as the ship lands.

"Hey, who found the Nysillin? This could be a valuable quantity in negotiating with the criminal element."

[OOC: Dossier here, let's pretend I posted this last week like I intended to.]

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 18, 2014

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Anders Olaffson, Alderaan's Pride, Marrovia II

"Ok, now that we are landed the most expected thing to do for a newly landed crew is likely make way to the local watering hole. We also should go to the central spaceport facility and see if Vash is working and we can gain access to the shipping manifests. I'd like to talk to our contact first hand. I would also like someone who can work with computers to accompany me. Anyone else have a preference on initial course of action for themselves?"

pre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Alderaan's Pride, Marrovia II

"Sir! I recommend Zerr- Syko and I escort you to wherever local threats will be most prominent. You should not attempt commerce at the expense of personal safety." Kraye extends a hand towards the visibly shaken Senna, "We have considered the value of the cargo Agent...Kale. I have made a case for refinement but ultimately our Captain will decide if the value of the stock in its current form is worth more."

• Locked thread