Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh AKA Deesh Star

The Salavar Jewel'; Trade District 2; Salavar City; Marrovia II

Telsh starts to relax, just a little, as he listens the Duros prattle on. He relaxes even more when Lukan sits down. Telsh begins to slow play the Duros for a while.

That's when Anders and Kraye showed up. Telsh's mind worked overtime, and a plan began to form. Quickly Telsh fumbles his drink and spills it, as he goes white and throws himself down sideways in the booth.

Just his head peeks up as he quickly runs his eyes from the Duros, to Kraye, to the girl he had the argument with earlier and back, again and again. Wide-eyed he whispers hoarsely "Oh my god oh my god you have to help me. It's them." He points rapidly at the newcomers, "They've got to be imperial intelligence oh my god I've heard about them" He points at the girl, "SHE must have called, or someone must have called oh god you gotta get me out of here."

"Please please if they think I was stirring things up they'll take me away my god they'll take us all away." Telsh points to the Duros and Lukan. "We gotta get out of here. Where can we go!?"

Convincing our new friend Mr Dosh to help, boost from Lukan: 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD 1 success, 1 Triumph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - The Salavar Jewel, Trade District 2, Salavar City, Marrovia II

It took Lukan a moment to pick up on Telsh's game. He cast a suspicious glance toward Anders, then hunched down.

"He may be right," Lukan whispered. He cut another glance toward Anders and Kraye. "I believe I saw that man - both of them - on Junction. That can't be a coincidence, can it?" Lukan let his eyes widen at Telsh. "Do you think they followed us?"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Teriq

The scout makes it abundantly clear that he could care less what was just said. It's not the truth, but he heard very little to mull over anyway. Still, perhaps he can sway the bartender and his old friend.

"Nah, just making conversation. The last thing I want to do is be around the clowns I have to work with. But I'm stuck with them. These little moments of freedom are the finest jewels I can find in this life. But then again, I'm always looking for more and news of a good cargo would be welcome. Do you gents know anyone who might need something hauled from A to B?"

He pauses, glancing over to his 'fellow Alderaanians'.

"The whole planet thing has everyone in a tizzy. I'm sure there's plenty to be moved. Them boys are stir-crazy at the moment, but as soon as they get some leave, they're disciplined enough. Of course, that's if you happen to know anyone with a job. If not, I'm sure we'll be happy to just enjoy your establishment a while then move on."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Vicissitude posted:

Teriq

"The whole planet thing has everyone in a tizzy. I'm sure there's plenty to be moved. Them boys are stir-crazy at the moment, but as soon as they get some leave, they're disciplined enough. Of course, that's if you happen to know anyone with a job. If not, I'm sure we'll be happy to just enjoy your establishment a while then move on."

The old man furrows his brow at Teriq, "I look like a merchant to you, kid? Jus' an' old drunk, enjoying my twilight."

The Chev, meanwhile, simply shrugs, "Could just go look at the listings at the Spaceport. Probably someone that needs some stuff hauled."

Elendil004 posted:

"Please please if they think I was stirring things up they'll take me away my god they'll take us all away." Telsh points to the Duros and Lukan. "We gotta get out of here. Where can we go!?"

Convincing our new friend Mr Dosh to help, boost from Lukan: 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD 1 success, 1 Triumph

Tular arches an eyebrow, turning back to Telsh. He holds a hand out, face down, at the side of the table as he takes a 'sip' from his drink, holding it by his mouth as he speaks, "Easy, Deesh... they haven't spotted us yet." You catch a hint of a mischievous glint in his crimson eyes as he sets the glass down, clearing his throat rather loudly as he rubs the front of his neck. He then begins to drum his fingers against his glass in a rhythmic manner, Lukan easily being able to spot the fact that the light on the commlink strapped to Tular's wrist is on and clearly transmitting.

Jaynen posted:

Garo Brandolph, The Salavar Jewel, Marrovia II

Stepping inside and eyeing the smoky surroundings with casual disinterest he nods to Kraye. "Thank you Crix, that is most suitable." He moves across the bar with ease of someone who is both used to being watched and used to being obeyed. While not stolid or boorish his demeanor is clearly one exuding confidence as he takes a seat in the booth and reclines to a more comfortable position before pulling out his datapad, feigning interest. He punches out a short update to the team to denote the nights misadventures from the locked down residential district to Gulor Nash's reluctance to cooperate. He places the datapad on the table and looks around to locate a waitress.

As Lacy begins her saunter over, the Aqualish once again making a grab and being denied, the Imperial Loyalist woman glances around and then stands, heading in the direction of Anders and Kraye's booth, drink in hand. The burly man with her nearly spills his drink and he quickly gets up to follow her, coughing a few times as the strong booze goes down the wrong pipe and she slips away from his attempt to clearly stop her. Lacey steps up to the table a few paces ahead of the woman, her datapad out and a pointed look, primarily at Anders, as she waits for your order.

Across the bar, COMPLETELY UNRELATED, the Twi'lek and Duros worker, who Teriq had noted were making eyes at the Imperial Loyalist woman and who are standing a few meters from Korne, now glance over towards Tular, Telsh, and Lukan sitting in their little booth, before glancing once again at the woman, then at Anders and Kraye in their own little booth.

[[Lukan and Telsh: 3D+1S Knowledge: Underworld roll.

Korne: You'd have noticed the two men nearby and the targets of their gaze since you're on lookout. 2D Perception or Vigilance roll to see if they're up to something.

Teriq: Negotiation, Deception, or Coercion roll if you want to get anything more out of those two. Negotiation at 2D, otherwise 2D+1S.

Anders and Kraye: Lacey wants your order! Also the Imp woman will talk to you shortly, though you don't know she's an Imperial or anything since you weren't there for that whole argument.]]

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 24, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tibby Korne. Castaan Arkik - The Salavan Jewel

Stirring his Flameout and wishing it was the insanely expensive Ruge instead, Castaan takes notice of the two making eyes at him, and quickly attempt to gather in on their conversations.

Perception: 2eA+2eD 0 successes

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Telsh relaxes a little but continues to nervously throw glances around the bar and towards Anders and co. "Yeah they don't see us...YET...they don't see us YET." Telsh shifts in the booth to sit back up like a normal person but begins to tap his foot and fingers to a similar, but off-kilter rhythm like Tular is doing on the glass. His eyes continue to dart back and forth like an addict pheening a death stick.

Knowledge Underworld (minus setback with Street Smarts): 2eA+3eD 0 successes, 2 threat

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Looking up as the waitress approaches, he also notices the tonal shift in the bar. The approaching angry looking woman and her male friend and the attention of the bar re-shift to his direction. "Whiskey, two fingers, neat. And whatever my man Crix here would like. Much obliged."

Mentally he re-evaluates the situation looking for anything he might be missing. If worse comes to worse he knows they have quite a few people in the bar as he sees "Jafan Syko" over at the bar the old sniper chatting up the bartender, Deesh and Gavyn sitting in a booth with a less than reputable green skinned devil likely from the planet Duros, and Castann over by the refresher. He places a light hand on Crix's arm to keep him from doing anything too rash and makes a slight finger gesture toward the approaching pair. Simultaneously with his other hand he unlatches the snap on his holster.

Jaynen fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 24, 2014

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - The Salavar Jewel

"Water," Kraye says dismissively to the waitress without looking as the pair from the bar approach. He hears the tell-tale snap of a holster button as he feels Anders' signal. He lets the woman pass unhindered but as the man follows behind he stops him, grabbing the stranger tightly by the shoulder and giving him a long up and down.

Discerning the woman's friend: 2eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes

Kraye finds nothing of interest but shoots the man a long, cold stare before he relaxes his grip and allows him to proceed to the booth. He leaves his hands off the rifle but turns his back to the wall and makes a point to meet the eyes of anyone looking in their direction.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Salavar Jewel, Trade District 2, Salavar City, Marrovia II

As soon as Lukan noticed the Duros's comm light, he looked away. He didn't know what it meant, but he doubted it was to his or Telsh's advantage. Meanwhile, the Imperial sympathizer and her date were moving across the bar to Anders and Kraye. Lukan kept his smile up and one hand on his drink while the other carefully unbuckled his holster. If this alien was trying to rob them, whatever happened, the bastard would pay for it with his life.

[OOC: I spent a Destiny point on this, cause I figured we might as well start using them.

Knowledge - Underworld - Inside Salavar's cantina: 2eA+1eP+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 2 advantage

Well, that could have turned out way worse, I suppose.]

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Teriq

"No, you don't look like a merchant. And while I could go to the spaceport and go through the public listings, that's not where the credits are. So instead, I think I'll talk to the barflies. To a bartender who everyone tells their troubles to, everything from a grumpy wife to their problems moving hot cargo. To an old man who wants out of the game, but has a lifetime of contacts that I'm only starting to get within sight of. These are the people I talk to because I know that they've seen and heard it all. They know where to make fast cash, and lots of it."

Teriq looks over to his 'crew'. Things are starting to get a little unfriendly.

"As an added bonus, you'd get us out of here before someone gets shot."

Also spending a destiny point to upgrade a die in my Negotiation roll. Seems to have worked out, sort of.

Negotiate with Bartender and Old Guy: 1eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Salavar Jewel

Vicissitude posted:

Teriq
Negotiate with Bartender and Old Guy: 1eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph

The old man chuffs a few times, flattening down his beard as he looks Teriq in the eye for a long moment. He gives the Chev a glance and a nod, the bartender nodding back and immediately going back to minding his own drat business and tending bar. The old manclears his throat, resting his elbows on the bar and casually glancing around as he attempts to look bored, thumping one hand into the other in front of his face as he speaks, "I can see what you're getting at, son. The better question is how discreet are your people," he looks around, trying to gauge who is who, "and just which ones are YOUR people?"

[[I'll give you a hint here and suggest you think carefully about your answer, as the Triumph is still in play and your success is what got him talking... you could still blow the full potential of the Triumph.]]

Jaynen posted:

Looking up as the waitress approaches, he also notices the tonal shift in the bar. The approaching angry looking woman and her male friend and the attention of the bar re-shift to his direction. "Whiskey, two fingers, neat. And whatever my man Crix here would like. Much obliged."

Lacy looks bored as she punches in some items on her datapad, the Imperial woman rather roughly brushing past her and leaning down, an almost conspiratorial look on her face as she speaks without even a moment of introduction, her voice a hissing whisper, "Are you still active duty, or private now. Because I've got a job for your man here." She looks Kraye up and down, her eyes lingering on his face. Lacy quietly excuses herself, heading back to the kitchen window.

Not Keyser Soze posted:

Kraye - The Salavar Jewel
Discerning the woman's friend: 2eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes

Kraye finds nothing of interest but shoots the man a long, cold stare before he relaxes his grip and allows him to proceed to the booth. He leaves his hands off the rifle but turns his back to the wall and makes a point to meet the eyes of anyone looking in their direction.

The man looks almost offended when Kraye lays a hand on him, but then he looks up into the clone's face and you can see him start as his mouth hangs slightly open. He then nods nods politely, his hands coming up in a supplicative gesture, "just... reining in the Captain, here."

The woman turns her head to glance back at him with a withering stare, "rein in your attitude, Sinclair." This close to Anders' face, he can smell the whiskey heavily on her breath, her face slightly flushed as she turns back to the man, waiting for an answer.

Elendil004 posted:

Telsh shifts in the booth to sit back up like a normal person but begins to tap his foot and fingers to a similar, but off-kilter rhythm like Tular is doing on the glass.
Knowledge Underworld (minus setback with Street Smarts): 2eA+3eD 0 successes, 2 threat

As he drums on his glass, Tular lets out an audible, "Tch," as he quickly glances at the ex-CorSec agent and moves to stop his hands, quickly glancing back towards the bar...

Mustache Ride posted:

Stirring his Flameout and wishing it was the insanely expensive Ruge instead, Castaan takes notice of the two making eyes at him, and quickly attempt to gather in on their conversations.
Perception: 2eA+2eD 0 successes

Korne, meanwhile, is too busy watching the scene at Anders and Kraye's booth that he fails to notice the confused glances the Twi'lek and Duros are giving each other, the Duros cocking his head to the side and bringing a finger to his ear hole before arching his neck to try and peer over the bar, through the shelves of booze in the center to somehow see the booth that Telsh and Lukan are in. Glancing at the Twi'lek, he gives a shrug, his hand dropping to his side...

... but then, none of you saw any of that happen...

KJDavid posted:

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Salavar Jewel, Trade District 2, Salavar City, Marrovia II
Knowledge - Underworld - Inside Salavar's cantina: 2eA+1eP+3eD+1eS 1 failure, 2 advantage

Lukan tries to make sense of Tular's commlink being on, his hand at the ready on his blaster when Telsh's own drumming confuses him as he tries to note a pattern in the rhythm, if any. Gauging by the Duros' reaction and the nervous look, he comes to the conclusion that something bad might be about to happen...

Over at the kitchen window, the Barabel cook sets down a plate of steaming gizka fillets and slaps the bell, a sharp 'DING!' cutting through the low hum of conversation that is permeating the bar...

[[Everyone roll initiative at the start of your next post. Lukan and Kraye you get a Boost dice. Telsh rolls with 1 Setback dice.]]

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 25, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The Salavar Jewel; Trade District 2; Salavar City; Marrovia II

The tension in the bar is palpable, and Telsh recalls a story his first partner told him. 'Son, there comes a time in every fight when the fight starts, and it's usually well before a punch is thrown or a blaster starts firing. Knowing and recognizing when a fight has started before the other guy means you're one shot ahead.'

The Ding startles Telsh out of his thoughts, the fight has begun, he thinks while muttering, "sheeeeeeit" and going for his blaster.

initiative: 3eA 4 successes, 1 advantage

initiative (setback die): 1eS 0 successes, 1 threat

NET 4 Successes.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 25, 2014

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - The Salavar Jewel, Trade District 2, Salavar City, Marrovia II

The hair stood up on the back of Lukan's neck just like it had the time he shot Velkin Feier in the face. The man had never seen it coming, but, in Lukan's estimation, few traitors deserved such an end. He idly wondered if he should do the same to the Duros before it was too late. Perhaps he was simply jittery from being on a backwater world surrounded by alien scum and Rebel sympathizers.

Vigilance Initiative: 1eB+2eA+1eP 1 success, 4 advantage

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

The woman's face inches from his nose Anders responds unflinchingly and dryly. "If you wish to discuss a job Madam please take a seat." He motions towards the booth and his right hand slips down close to his blaster.

Vigilance Initiative Roll: 1eP+3eA 5 successes, 1 advantage

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - The Salavar Jewwl

The drunk woman began to converse with Anders and Kraye shifted his weight, wondering if he had just felt the atmosphere in the room change. "BDVI" he repeated the mantra in his head, "Body language, visib- visible hands!" His hands moved on their own pulling a rifle butt into it's old, familiar place.

Initiative check: 1eP+1eA+1eB 1 success, 2 advantage

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Feeling the tension in the room as well, Castaan reaches for the sack across his back and places it on the bar in front of him almost immediately before the ding. When it sounds, and blasters are drawn, Castaan's own blaster is out in a flash.

Cool: 3eA 1 success, 4 advantage

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Teriq

"My people are the ones spoiling for a fight. And I'm hoping to point them at the bastards that took their whole lives from them, instead of your folk here."

With that, Teriq turns and draws his new vibro-blade in a fluid motion. He hurls it toward the collected mob all fingering blasters and trading their ugliest faces. Hopefully the sudden intrusion of an expertly-thrown blade will cease hostilities for a moment of wonder, and maybe even intimidate the crowd from pulling their weapons out.

"Oi! Let's settle down!"

Initiative (Vigilance): 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage

Thrown vibro-knife: 1eP+2eA+3eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Salavar Jewel

pre:
Initiative:
 5- Anders
 4- 
 3- Weequay
 2- Tular, Sinclair
 1- Kraye, Korne, Teriq, Lukan, Ubese
 0- Twi'lek, Duros
-1- Imperial woman, Everyone else
The tension mounts as blasters are drawn. Anders readies his weapon under the table, planning fully to probably shoot first. The Imperial woman inclines her head to him and begins to slide into the booth.

Across the room in the far corner, the Weequay looks up from his drink, his black eyes staring out across the room, his hand dropping below the tabletop. Meanwhile sitting next to Telsh, Tular swats the Corellian's hand down and whispers through gritted teeth, "get ready to run, out the front."

Over at Anders' table, Sinclair, the man with the Imperial Captain woman, straightens his posture, trying to minimize his own shock and surprise at running into a clone trooper face to face. He takes up a position opposite Kraye on the woman's side of the booth. He is unarmed, at least as far as anyone can see.

Meanwhile, Kraye, Korne, and Lukan all prepare for a shootout when Teriq expertly hurls his vibroknife across the bar, the blade slamming into the side of the drink's shelf with such force it causes the bottle to clink slightly, the Chev bartender nearly jumping out of his skin as he tumbles backwards in surprise, dropping a glass with a loud crash. All eyes are on Teriq.

"Oi! Let's settle down!"

Over by Korne, the Duros and the Twi'lek give each other a glance, Korne noticing this time the concussion grenade that the Duros was clenching in his fist, getting ready to prime. He quickly slips the grenade back into a pocket and looks around warily, Korne looking away casually enough that neither alien notices he was on to them.

Over at Anders' booth, the Loyalist Captain slides into the booth, giving the whole scene at the bar a cursory glance before turning back to Anders and speaking, "there are Rebel sympathizers in this bar... possibly part of that Rebel Alliance everyone is talking about. If you're interested, I think together we could capture them and turn them over to the Empire for a reward." She leans in slightly as she says this.

Back at Lukan/Telsh's table, Tular slit-like mouth contorts into a grimace, a sharp hiss escaping through his clenched teeth, "okay... Plan B. We need to get you two out of here, but we need a distraction..."

The old man glances around the bar, noticing a few hands diving back into pockets or off of holstered blasters. Other people are slowly turning back to their previous conversations, the excitement once again having passed. "Point taken. Can't help you with that, son, my fighting days are long gone, but if you need to move some product, we can talk... just keep your little shows like that to a minimum in the future."

[[The situation has been defused, for now, however we'll keep those Initiative rolls in play if combat does start up. Teriq and Korne, roll Vigilance with one boost die each vs 3D.]]

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 25, 2014

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Silently thanking Teriq for his decisive act, Lukan calmly put both hands back on the table, finished his drink, and fixed the Duros, Tular, with a searching stare. While violence was averted, Lukan still had no idea what the alien was truly about. Was he a Rebel sympathizer or simply a robber?

Fuzz posted:

Tular's slit-like mouth contorts into a grimace, a sharp hiss escaping through his clenched teeth, "okay... Plan B. We need to get you two out of here, but we need a distraction...."

"Distraction?" Lukan muttered. He glanced around the bar. The Imperial sympathizer was conversing with Anders, but it was impossible for Tular to know that was no true threat. Were there others the creature was worried about? Lukan shrugged his shoulders while he poured another brandy; the Onderonian liquor smelled like the teej wood barrels it was aged in.

"I have to admit that I am something of a stranger to...clandestine activities." Lukan gestured slightly with the snifter before he took a sip. "It's a public place. Can't we just...walk out?"

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Telsh nods at Lukan's suggestion and turns to Tular, "Is there a back door to this place? It seems like plan 'run out the front' A is now plan 'walk out the back' B, no?"

Where is Telsh in the initiative list, should be in the blank spot after 4, right?

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

"Actually," Lukan muttered, half to himself. He pushed back from the table, finished the brandy in one gulp, then smiled at Tular. "Meet me out back in 10 minutes."

Without waiting for the Duros to say anything, Lukan stood up. He went across the bar to another booth where Lacy was setting down some drinks, dropped two 10-credit Imperial coins on her serving platter, said, "Give my friend the Giska. Keep the change," and walked away. As Lukan made his way to the front door, he avoided eye contact with everyone. He didn't want to stir up any tempers that didn't need it.

[OOC: Things are a bit too tense in the bar for Lukan's blood, and he doesn't trust the Duros, Tular. Unless he is stopped, Lukan will leave the Jewel, and, good as his word, wait for 'Deesh' and Tular to join him behind the cantina in 10 minutes. If they don't show up, he'll try to avoid being seen as he heads back to the ship. Enjoy the fritters, Elendil.]

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Hand leaving the weapon at his side he reaches across the table offering his hand. "At the very least I would like to hear more of what you have to say, as I am new to this planet. Why don't we start with introductions. I am Garo Brandolph Captain of the Alderaan's Pride and you two are?"

Discipline for Opposed Check vs Deception/Negotiation/Leadership: 2eP+2eA 2 successes, 2 advantage

OOC I feel like we need to hear her out, possibly because we may need her help on the planet and because she might have info. I don't want to derail the whole game with the discussion however?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Teriq

Teriq makes a show of retrieving his knife and sliding it back into its sheath to let everyone know it's not in play anymore. Hopefully that'll keep them happy enough to not start wondering if they can take the old human. He returns to his new friends at the bar and finishes off his drink.

"I'll grant you that we're not the most likable bunch in the galaxy, but we got certain skills. And I'm sure you know who can put those skills to good use. If you do, tell them to contact Jafan Syko on the Alderaan's Pride. I'm sure we'll be in port for another day or two yet."

Vigilance: 2eA+1eB+3eD 3 successes, 2 advantage

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Salavar Jewel

Tular arches a brow as Lukan gets up and leaves, stealing a quick glance in the direction of Anders and the Imperialist Captain's booth as the man simply walks out, unmolested. He turns to Telsh, "Your friend is ballsier than I thought. I take it these guys don't know what you look like?" He follows with, "There's a window in the refresher you could probably try to squeeze through... might be a tight fit. Otherwise, only other way out is through the kitchen, and the Barabel doesn't like traffic."

Jaynen posted:

Hand leaving the weapon at his side he reaches across the table offering his hand. "At the very least I would like to hear more of what you have to say, as I am new to this planet. Why don't we start with introductions. I am Garo Brandolph Captain of the Alderaan's Pride and you two are?"

She shakes his hand before leaning back and frowning slightly, "Alderaan's Pride? ... funny that two of you should showup so soon, and so far from home... well, what's left of it. My condolences, by the way." She looks toward Sinclair and then looks Kraye up and down again, her brow furrowed.

"I'm sure it's just a coincidence, Min..." Sinclair assures her, looking to Anders, then Kraye.

"Coincidence... right..." she eyes Anders, before continuing, "Captain Sharla Min, The Crown of Coronet. Well?"

Vicissitude posted:

Teriq
"I'll grant you that we're not the most likable bunch in the galaxy, but we got certain skills. And I'm sure you know who can put those skills to good use. If you do, tell them to contact Jafan Syko on the Alderaan's Pride. I'm sure we'll be in port for another day or two yet."
Vigilance: 2eA+1eB+3eD 3 successes, 2 advantage

The Twi'lek and Duros at the bar abruptly split up, the Duros heading outside after Lukan, the Twi'lek circling the bar to slide into the boot next to Tular. Teriq also makes note of the fact that the Weequay in the corner is visibly watching the Twi'lek.

The old man turns back to his drink, swirling it a few times, "We'll see, kid. Alderaan's Pride, got it."

The Twi'lek is a young man with bluish skin, a pair of welding goggles propped on his forehead. He pulls a pack of t'bacc sticks from the breast pocket of his coveralls and jams a stick between his lips before offering the pack toward Tular, then Telsh. The Duros raises a hand to decline. Tular turns to Telsh, "This is Korrin," he turns to Korrin, "Plan B... keep them occupied, we'll meet at Site 2 in 20, yeah?"

The Twi'lek is busy appraising Telsh for a few moments before turning to Tular and nodding, turning to face out of the booth and casually smoking his stick, clearly waiting. His lekku twitch a few times as Lacy walks up and deposits a platter of gizka fritters in front of Telsh. Deep fried and still sizzling slightly, they smell absolutely delicious. Lacy gives Korrin a playful smirk as her own lekku twitch a few times, turning away from him as she heads for the bar, her lekku still twitching as she collects a few drinks from the Chev and starts heading towards Anders and Kraye's booth.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Keeping emotion off his face to prevent anything being read from across the room, he responds to the woman. He takes casual note of Gavyn's departure and the positions of the other team members. "Ms Min, a pleasure, shall we discuss further the rebel scum you want dealt with?"

Jaynen fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 26, 2014

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Alley behind the Salavar Jewel, Trade District 2, Salavar City, Marrovia II

Lukan found a dark corner behind the Salavar Jewel where he could keep eyes on the backdoor and the alley approach. He crossed his arms and tried to look nonchalant, but it was not easy to do thanks to the reek coming off a nearby trash heap. It smelled like someone up and died under all that refuse. He loosened his blaster in its holster, and smirked. It was the Outer Rim, so perhaps someone had.

Minutes ticked away, and, while trying not to speculate on how many disgusting microbes were crawling close to him, Lukan resisted the urge to check his chronometer again. He'd told the Duros 10 minutes and he aimed to keep to that. Hopefully the alien understood the concept of punctuality.

OOC: Lukan will keep to his word while remaining as vigilant against ambush as possible.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Teriq

"Looking forward to hearing from you."

The scout walks off toward the crew, seeking a bit of camaraderie to anyone watching. He bends down and puts a hand on Anders' shoulder, keeping things low and casual.

"I think your friend has a tail. Keep an eye on the weequay in the corner."

He then sets off to find a spare table where he can relax away from the rest of the bar patrons.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

As the Duros makes for the door after Lukan, Castaan finishes off his drink with one fell swoop, Castaan leaves some creds on the bar next to the empty glass, along with a decent sized tip for the Chev, and wanders towards the door muttering something about sleep while swaying from side to side.

As soon as he reaches the outside just seconds after the Duros, he drops the act and quickly tries to spot the Duros.

Perception: 2eA+2eD 1 success, 2 threat

Spotting the Duros trailing after Lukan, Castaan picks up the pace and attempts to keep tabs on him.

Let me know what the threat does, and if you want me to roll something to follow him discreetly.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Salavar Jewel - Interior

Jaynen posted:

Keeping emotion off his face to prevent anything being read from across the room, he responds to the woman. He takes casual note of Gavyn's departure and the positions of the other team members. "Ms Min, a pleasure, shall we discuss further the rebel scum you want dealt with?"
Min leans back in, lowering her voice, "I just had a run-in with another supposed "Alderaanian" who was very vocal in his distaste for the New Ord-"

Vicissitude posted:

Teriq
The scout walks off toward the crew, seeking a bit of camaraderie to anyone watching. He bends down and puts a hand on Anders' shoulder, keeping things low and casual.
"I think your friend has a tail. Keep an eye on the weequay in the corner."
She frowns, looking at the older man as he walks off and turning back to Anders, "... bounty hunters?" Her eyes narrow, but then a smirk crosses her lips, "... even better."

The Salavar Jewel - Exterior

It's quiet as Lukan waits, though not for long. Barely 5 minutes pass before the other Duros rounds the corner, stopping short with his hands up, first greeting you with a stream of Duro. When that clearly doesn't work, he slowly speaks, "I am friend of Tular and you friend. Name Jobo. You Rebels, yes? You come with me, we keep you safe. Meet Tular and friend." There's a sharp intake of air as he turns to his right, hand dropping to the blaster at his side.

"Tabloo! Oota dogadda choo!" he shouts at Korne, who very unsubtly rounds the corner.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Smiling wryly at the woman's comment Anders replies. "Something like that yes, you catch more flies with honey. So what can I do for you?" He continues to keep a watchful eye on the bar and momentarily brings out his datapad. Message reads "Brandolph to team, sitrep when able, pursue leads as necessary."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Telsh quickly takes the offered t'bacc stick and alternating chewing nervously on the gizka fritters and smoking the stick. "I'll follow your lead, Tular, I don't want no trouble right now."

He nods towards Garo and the woman, "It does look like our best friends are becoming acquainted, perhaps the kitchen is the best way as long as we're quick about it?"

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Fuzz posted:

The Salavar Jewel - Exterior

"Tabloo! Oota dogadda choo!" Jobo shouted at Korne, who very unsubtly rounds the corner.

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Alley behind the Salavar Jewel, Marrovia II

Lukan leaned out of the shadows, winked at Korne while the duros looked the other way, scowled, and then pointed menacingly at the other human.

"I think you had best find some place else to frequent, friend" Lukan growled.

With one hand resting on his blaster, he stepped up next to the duros, Jobo. Hopefully, Korne would slip away before the alien did anything moronic. It would have been unfortunate if Lukan had to shoot such a potentially good lead in the back.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tibby Korne. Castaan Arkik[/b] - The Salavan Jewel Exterior

Rounding the corner so quickly in pursuit of Lukan and the Duros, Castaan doesn't see the cart of kniknacks being sold by the Twi'lek female just next door to the cantina.

Castaan apologizes profusely as he helps her pick up the cart, just to be surprised as he is greeted by the Duros' blaster in his face and a strangle language he's not familiar with.

"Hey, whoa now, no one needs to be jumpy, I just needed to get out of there before the blasters started flying. Its not good to be stuck on an Imp infested world when the cantinas start to fly, you know." he says to the Duros.

Hmm, they've blocked orokos at work now. Wonderful. Someone roll this Deception check for me?
1eP+1eA+2eD

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Roll for Mustache, Deception: 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Salavar Jewel - Interior

Elendil004 posted:

Telsh quickly takes the offered t'bacc stick and alternating chewing nervously on the gizka fritters and smoking the stick. "I'll follow your lead, Tular, I don't want no trouble right now."
He nods towards Garo and the woman, "It does look like our best friends are becoming acquainted, perhaps the kitchen is the best way as long as we're quick about it?"

Tular watches Anders and Captain Min converse, then shakes his head, "We'll go out the front, just give it time..."

Korrin stands abruptly with a flick of his leeku over his shoulder.

Jaynen posted:

Smiling wryly at the woman's comment Anders replies. "Something like that yes, you catch more flies with honey. So what can I do for you?"

Lekku Lacy carries a platter of drinks over to Anders' table and begins to set them out as Captain Min replies, "As I was saying, I think I've identified some Rebel sympathizers, and we could capture them and turn them over to the Empire for pr-"

Korrin walks up to the booth, brazenly brushing past Kraye and grabbing Lacy by the arm, causing her to almost spill the drink on Anders' lap. He begins talking quickly to her in Twi'lek, a big grin on her face. She looks concerned and at first pushes him away, but then begins to smile. She makes no attempt to pull her arm free.

Over at the other booth, Tular nods, "Okay, now... I'll go first, you come out after." With that he stands, taking the still half full bottle of booze with him as he casually saunters out the front door.

Salavar Jewel - Exterior

Mustache Ride posted:

"Hey, whoa now, no one needs to be jumpy, I just needed to get out of there before the blasters started flying. Its not good to be stuck on an Imp infested world when the cantinas start to fly, you know." he says to the Duros.
Roll for Mustache, Deception: 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat

"Who Imp? You Empire?!" The Duros draws his blaster, a panick-y look on his face. Clearly he's not very bright, but judging from the way his blaster is shaking in his hands, he's also not very practiced at this.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Salavar Jewel, Interior

As the two Twilek begin to squabble or flirt or whatever their business is Kraye steps forward and well into the male's personal space. "Take it away from the booth, if you please" he says doing his best to imply that it's not a request. He was careful not to seem overly threatening in case the man were to feel protective of the waitress and try something stupid. He looked, somewhat exasperated, towards Anders,

"Captain, this establishment is clearly not amenable to our presence. I would recommend a short stay only."

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Irritated by the show going on by the table, he rolls his eyes, clearly seeing the others moving past them toward the exit. At least it seems "Deesh" and crew are making progress. Turning his attention back to Captain Min he says. "Well Captain my man Crix seems to think this area unsuitable for our discussion and you likely know this planet better than I do. Can you suggest a more private or suitable location to discuss these matters? I have no residential access on this planet only having just arrived."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Telsh waits a good half-minute or two and then stands and heads for the door. He keeps his distance from Anders in case anyone is still watching, but otherwise brusquely makes his way outside, looking for his new butt-faced friend.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Seeing that he had to watch his words slightly with this dumb Euros, Castaan switches to simpler words.

"Me no Empire. Me Alderaan. Want to kill empire dead. Friend of Lukan, here to back him up.

I leave now, okay?"

Slowly backing away, Castaan keeps his hands up and a smile in his face.

Deception: 1eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Salavar Jewel - Exterior, Back Alley

Mustache Ride posted:

"Me no Empire. Me Alderaan. Want to kill empire dead. Friend of Lukan, here to back him up.
I leave now, okay?"
Slowly backing away, Castaan keeps his hands up and a smile in his face.
Deception: 1eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

The Duros frowns, and you think you can almost see the gears turning in his head, "You tell him go away!" He spins to Lukan, the blaster now pointed at nothing in particular as the Duros tries to figure it out. "Jobo confused..."

Just then, Tular steps around the dorner, still taking a swig of the whiskey before sputtering on it as he comes across the standoff, "-the hell is goin' on here? Who's this?" He looks from Jobo to Lukan, to Korne. Jobo interjects before either agent can speak, "He Alderaan. Friend of Lukan," he points to Lukan as he says the last bit.

"... who the stang is Lukan? Thought your name was Gavyn..." He arches a brow at Lukan, his hand resting on the butt of his blaster.

Elendil004 posted:

Telsh waits a good half-minute or two and then stands and heads for the door. He keeps his distance from Anders in case anyone is still watching, but otherwise brusquely makes his way outside, looking for his new butt-faced friend.

Telsh rounds the corner to be greeted by this scene. Yep.

The Salvar Jewel - Interior

Not Keyser Soze posted:

Kraye - Salavar Jewel, Interior
As the two Twilek begin to squabble or flirt or whatever their business is Kraye steps forward and well into the male's personal space. "Take it away from the booth, if you please" he says doing his best to imply that it's not a request. He was careful not to seem overly threatening in case the man were to feel protective of the waitress and try something stupid. He looked, somewhat exasperated, towards Anders,

The Twi'leks completely ignore the clone, continuing their little chat as their lekku entwine.

Jaynen posted:

"Well Captain my man Crix seems to think this area unsuitable for our discussion and you likely know this planet better than I do. Can you suggest a more private or suitable location to discuss these matters? I have no residential access on this planet only having just arrived."

Min continues to look at the Twi'leks with disgust, "Yes... let's. My ship is docked at Bay 6. Sinclair... let's go."

She stands and roughly pushes through the two Twi'leks, shaking off her hands as if they're contaminated as she strides for the door. Sinclair glances back at the two of you before heading on after her.

• Locked thread