Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005
Garo Brandolph, The Salavar Jewel, Marrovia II

Turning to Crix. "Shall we?" standing from the booth he makes his way outside of the bar leaving credits on the table for the drink he quickly downs it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Agent Telsh AKA Deesh Star

The Salavar Jewel - Exterior Back Alley; Trade District 2; Salavar City; Marrovia II

Telsh has been served a lot of poo poo sandwiches in his lifetime, and knows that sometimes you try to send the plate back, and sometimes you take a big old bite. This time he's all in.

Stepping up to Korne he says very loudly and clearly, while grasping both Korne's arms and placing them down, smiling the whole way, "Castaan. Castan it's Deesh...you remember me right?" Turning back to Tular, "Castaan was on the ship with us and he's got some sort of disorder, not very smart." He turns back to Korne and looks right in his eyes, "IT'S OK CASTAAN. GO TO YOUR SPECIAL PLACE IT'S O.K."

He looks around, "Put your guns down I think they're freaking him out a little. He is real confused." Telsh, keeping one hand on Korne and motioning with the other for people to holster their weapons.

Deception to diffuse situation: 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 2 advantage

I think I can negate a setback, but either way it's a fail. I'd like the advantage to give us enough confusion so we can get our shots off first since it looks like the wheels are really off the wagon now.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 29, 2014

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Alley behind the Salavar Jewel, Marrovia II

Anyone with eyes could see the two duros were getting nervous. Carefully keeping his hands away from his blaster, Lukan rolled his eyes, pulled his forged ident-card from a vest pocket, and tossed it to Tular.

"I am Gavyn Laga," Lukan said. "Lukan is my middle name, after my grandfather, but no one calls me that. Except Castaan that is." He shook his head. "And Castaan doesn't have a disorder; he's just old and strange."

I am spending 1 Destiny point, plus adding a Boost for having really good forged papers. I went off Telsh's earlier Deceive difficulty and I added an additional Setback since he failed his test. My results are as follows. Let me know if I need to roll a few more difficulty dice or not.

Deceive Test - Alley Behind Salavar Jewel: 1eB+1eA+1eP+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - The Salavar Jewel, Interior

Deaf to any complaints, Kraye bodily moved the two Twilek away from the booth so that he could interpose himself between them and Anders. "This way, Captain" he said, indicating the front entrance. As the quartet made for the door he added, "Be mindful as we leave. We're not the only ones vacating in a hurry, it would seem."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The Salavar Jewel - Exterior, Back Alley

Elendil004 posted:

The Salavar Jewel - Exterior Back Alley; Trade District 2; Salavar City; Marrovia II

Deception to diffuse situation: 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 2 advantage

"Eh?" Tular turns to Telsh, "What ex-"

KJDavid posted:

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Alley behind the Salavar Jewel, Marrovia II
Deceive Test - Alley Behind Salavar Jewel: 1eB+1eA+1eP+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph

Interrupted by Lukan, Tular catches the ID and looks at it, glancing over at Telsh then looking the ID over carefully, flipping it back to front. He looks between the ID, Lukan, and Telsh, then to Korne. "... uh, sure. So... this one's cool, right? Trustworthy?" He looks Korne up and down.

[[Gonna assume you guys will say yes.]]

"Eh, fine fine... " he looks over his shoulder warily, then motions they move, "let's get moving, come on. And put that away, Jobo!" He shakes his head and starts walking toward the Residential District.

"Uh, yeah Tular, yah!" He hurriedly shoves the blaster back in its holster and quickly chases after the other Duros, "we go mom's house?"

Tular simply sighs. As you all walk toward the Residential District, Jobo produces an ID card and swipes it through the gate, the security droids' visors turning from red to green, the gates sliding open to let you all through, Jobo stopping at the second checkpoint to sign you all in, teh droid asking to see your ID cards, which all check out when run through a scanner. Now in the Residential District, Jobo and Tular lead you down one of the long streets, Tular cautiously glancing around as you turn a corner and head down another street, row upon row of stacked housing units, with apartments mashed in together like sardines.

The Salavar Jewel - Exterior, Front Entrance

Captain Min and Sinclair wait for Kraye and Anders outside, she looks around outside, cursing quietly, "I could have sworn I saw that Rebel come out here..."

"Captain, he's just one guy... we should,"

"I know what we should do, Sinclair, no one asked you." She motions for the others to follow as she leads you to Bay 6, down a walkway similar to the others into a hangar that's similar to the others except this one is crowded with many small ships, the second walkway to Bay 8 being blocked off with several armed security droids, its gate closed. At a cursory glance, you can see several different Corellian and Duros ships, as well as a Happan Transport nestled in the back corner. Min leads you to a YT-2000 and motions for you to follow up the ramp.

Destiny Pool - 3 Dark, 5 Light

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Residential District, Salavar City, Marrovia II

They left the Salavar Jewel after narrowly avoiding disaster. While it was Tular who took the lead, it was Jobo the Idiot who displayed the necessary ID to access the Residential District, and he had said, "Mom's house."

Mom? It was an interesting development. If Tular was connected to their target ship, maybe it was not business that brought him to Marrovia II, maybe it was family. The Duros were spread across the galaxy similarly to humanity if not in as many numbers. Knowing where Tular's family lived would provide useful leverage, but Lukan did not let himself dwell on it. Tular was still not a confirmed Rebel. The duros might simply have been a con man, and there were other Imperial authorities who could deal with that.

When they turned down the second residential avenue, Lukan cleared his throat. "Tular," Lukan said. "I appreciate your assistance, but why are you helping us?" Lukan glanced behind them as if he was just as worried about being followed as Tular. "We are not exactly wanted men, but...we have few friends in the government."

I'm just trying to get Tular talking. Also, if Elendil or Mustache want to make a Charm or Deception to get information out of either of these guys, I am willing to give Assistance.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Residential District; Salavar City; Marrovia II

Telsh mainly keeps quiet during the walk, but he does give Lukan a quick nod of thank you for his quick thinking after Telsh's 'retard gambit' didn't pan out the way he'd planned. Along the route, he takes note of which streets they turn down, which side streets run parallel, where the dead ends are. Telsh knows he'll never remember every detail, but the broad strokes can help in a run and gun firefight. He had a Captain in CorSec who would stop young officers and ask 'Where are you?' and if you couldn't tell him exactly 'Sir, I'm on the third floor, northwest corner facing east of the CorSec HQ in the two-hundred block of Empire Blvd!' you'd be sorry.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Garo Brandolph, Hangar Bay 6, Marrovia II

Before walking up the ramp he looks around at the collected ships and points to the attached hangar bay 8. "Captain, why is that bay guarded so heavily compared to these others?" He then continues to follow her up the ramp onto the YT-2000.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hangar Bay 6 - Salavar City

Jaynen posted:

Before walking up the ramp he looks around at the collected ships and points to the attached hangar bay 8. "Captain, why is that bay guarded so heavily compared to these others?" He then continues to follow her up the ramp onto the YT-2000.

Min waves a hand dismissively, "Who knows, probably some local merchant or other, trying to act like a big fish." She stops short at the airlock door, waiting for the other three to get up the ramp before raising it. "Here is fine... forgive me, but we barely know each other and I'm not letting you on my ship. Now then, other than that small fish at the bar, there seems to be a lot of Rebel traffic through this region... particularly as the Imperial Fleet has started to fan out their pursuit of the Rebels... there are more Rebels on this planet, and we could use your help to catch them..."

Sinclair looks Kraye up and down as she speaks, clearly looking a little put out by thsi turn of events, but saying nothing.

Min looks at Sinclair, then to Kraye, "I can only assume you served in the Clone Wars and defected... think of this as a way for you to redeem your dishonor for abandoning your post."

[[Kraye: make a Discipline Check at 2D+1C+1S or suffer 3 Strain for the remainder of the scene due to her questioning your loyalty. Normally this is a 3D+1S, but as a clone having her question your loyalty hits you particularly hard as you were literally bred to be loyal, and deserters were the most shameful of all clones. Net threat means you risk breaking character and revealing your identity, Despair means you totally lose your cool and get violent. Anders can't assist.]]

Residential District - Salavar City

KJDavid posted:

When they turned down the second residential avenue, Lukan cleared his throat. "Tular," Lukan said. "I appreciate your assistance, but why are you helping us?" Lukan glanced behind them as if he was just as worried about being followed as Tular. "We are not exactly wanted men, but...we have few friends in the government."

Tular simply shrugs, "we need all the help we can get, despite the win at Yavin... you guys have more reason than any to hate the Empire."

You continue down another street and make a sharp left and stop short, climbing a few steps and entering one of the apartment structures. You walk down a short hallway lined with doors to an elevator, Tular looking to Jobo, "Go check in on her, we'll be in the basement using the comm."

"Okay, Tular. Me make sandwiches!"

Tular flinches slightly, "Uh... no, that's alright. Just... just go upstairs and make sure the nurse set up everything properly."

"Yeah, okay..."

Jobo heads back outside while Tular opens a side door and leads you down a series of stairs to a small anteroom with a heavy blast door, clearly out of place for this sort of apartment complex. He kicks the door once, then waits, then knocks three times. After a few moments, on the other side of the door there are two loud thumps from somewhere down by the floor. Tular nods and then knocks twice more, pausing after each strike. The door opens a crack, a young extremely pale human woman's face filling the doorjamb.

"Oh, Tular, it's you. Who're they?"

"Friends from Alderaan. They need a place to hide out."

"So you brought them here?"

"Don't worry, I wasn't followed."

She looks the three of you up and down, then sighs, "Fine, you're lucky I still owe your people for that last shipment." The door swings wide, opening into a moderately sized storeroom, bathed in the dull green glow of a surprisingly large Holo setup that fills the far wall, an idle animation of the Old Republic's sigil spinning on the screen. The left wall is lined with stacks of crates of varying sizes, some sitting up on shelves. The right wall seems to have been converted into a makeshift living space, with a small platform bed, a small fridge, a hotplate, and piles upon piles of empty Insta-Chaka Noodle bowls. There clothes arranged in multiple piles, many of which contain more than a few sets of women's underwear just thrown about.

The woman, or rather, girl, looks to barely be out of her teens, if not still a teenager. Judging by her pale complexion she doesn't get much sun, her clothes a mishmash or random styles. Her hair is tied up in a bun, a set of Trid-goggles nestled tightly around the bun. She takes the seat in front of the holo screen, spinning in place and motioning to the crates on the left side, "you can sit wherever... they don't need to crash here, do they?"

Tular walks in, looking unphased by the state of the place, "only until the others come back to pick me up, then we'll be out of your hair."

"Alright... oh," she glances at the underthings mixed into the piles, and quickly hops off her stool and pulls the slightly tattered sheet off the bed and throws it over the laundry piles, shoving the one stray pile roughly under the sheet, as well, several socks and an undershirt falling off the platform onto the floor.

The Salavar Jewel - Interior

Teriq finds a booth off to the side, getting a good view of the interior. Business is thus far continuing as usual, though the Rodian who was previously vomiting outside has now reentered and rejoined the other Rodians in the corner. Otherwise some of the workers have started filtering out, the Aqualish still slurping away at his drink, the Duros still playing Sabacc, and the Weequay and Ubese still holed up in their booth.

Destiny: 4 Light, 4 Dark

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 30, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Telsh reaches out to offer the woman his hand, “Thank you for the hospitality, miss?” He pauses for a second, hoping for a response. “I’m Deesh Star, Alderaanian, uh, refugee, now I suppose. I may have spoke up a little louder about our glorious Empire” He makes sure his words drop with sarcasm, “and aroused the attentions of some Imperials. ISB by the looks of them.”

He takes a seat and continues, “You mentioned some others, you don’t have access to a ship perhaps? I would like to get off planet if possible, but at the very least if you’d let my companion and I lay low here for a few hours that would be a great kindness.”

Deception to keep these fools believing our story (Boost from Lukan): 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eB 1 success, 1 advantage

He stands back up after a few moments, and asks “Is there a refresher or head I can use for a few moments? It’s, uh, been a while...”

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tibby Korne. Castaan Arkik - Residential District - Salavar City

Ignoring the piles of clothes, Castaan immediately heads towards the holo setup. "Oh wow, you've got a nice setup here, looks like the base was once a Versafunction108, but there are some interesting addons here. Is that a dedicated elctrolock slicing chip, and a customizable restraining bolt port?

Killer holo setup you've got going here too, whats your name, if you don't mind me asking? Mine's Null Night.

Computers to look cool with the kids: 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 30, 2014

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Hangar Bay 6
(-3 Strain/-0 Wounds)

Fuzz posted:

"I can only assume you served in the Clone Wars and defected... think of this as a way for you to redeem your dishonor for abandoning your post."

Discipline: Maintain composure: 1eP+1eA+2eD+1eC+1eS 1 failure

The clone trooper's face quickly shifts from passive indifference to a deep scowl. His head snaps and for a few seconds he stares pure murder at the woman. His fists clench as he briefly wonders what she might look like with a mouth full of rifle butt. Slowly, painfully, he relaxes but the sting of the comment's sheer audacity lingers.

"The Clone Wars' long over," he says coldly "and men with skill go where their needed." Kraye looks to Anders hoping his expression is enough to convey how this conversation could go poorly.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

"Crix has no dishonor for which to make penance. Ms Mun, I am sure you are aware of the ISB? While I cannot say more I will tell you this. There were six of my men in that bar, one of which was the "small fish" who seemed to make some friends. It is our express purpose on Marrovia II to inquire after a loose thread as it were. One by the name of the Golden Dewback, any information you have on this ship or on other Rebels operating in this area would be looked favorably on by the Empire and you would be doing it great service. I assure you that any leads will be followed most thoroughly."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Teriq

That ought to be enough time to give everyone a decent head start. It's been a good 20 minutes or so of nursing a drink and waving off refills. But at least it gives Teriq the chance to find out who's sending who after who. Of course, the most action probably took place after the squad left, but sometimes the real action was the stuff that took time to pull off. The irons might be in the fire, but they take a bit to warm up. But it was time to see just how hot they'd gotten. The scout gets up from the table and begins to follow after Anders. He keeps his eyes and ears open, though, just in case.

Anders' new friend, this Sinclair character, seems to be well trained. Or at least, he's familiar with Imperial military procedures. The way he occasionally doubles back or checks his rear quarters is practiced. If he's not active an Imperial trooper, he was once. At least that was what made it so easy to keep on their tails. Teriq knew what he was looking at, and what Sinclair would do before he did it.

Shadowing Anders: 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 31, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hangar Bay 6 - Salavar City

Vicissitude posted:

Teriq
Shadowing Anders: 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph

On the trip over, Sinclair was none the wiser to Teriq's tailing. As they boarded the YT-2000, however, Teriq was so focused on not being seen by Captain Min and Sinclair that he was a little bit unsubtle about not being spotted hiding behind some packing crates, an R5 unit spotting him and letting out a low warble followed by an inquisitive set of beeps in his direction as its head swiveled around slightly and its lens pivoted up and down, looking him over.

Basement - Residential District

Elendil004 posted:

Deception to keep these fools believing our story (Boost from Lukan): 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eB 1 success, 1 advantage

He stands back up after a few moments, and asks “Is there a refresher or head I can use for a few moments? It’s, uh, been a while...”

"Ketch." She doesn't shake, she just looks at your hand and then listens. "Nah, I'm stuck on this rock heap, I don't have a ship, though I manage to see lots of what's going on right here," she jerks a thumb back at the screen. "'Fresher's over there," she points at a small door tucked away behind some of the crates, "make sure you jiggle the handle, it's temperamental. And turn on the fan!" she calls after him.

Tular slumps down on a crate and looks to Ketch, "think you could send a call out to them? Move the schedule up and get an earlier pickup for me and these guys?"

Ketch bites the inside of her cheek, "sure, but it'll cost you..."

"Oh, come on... if you don't call, we're stuck waiting here and crowding up your precious personal space... 'sides, the last haul should have covered a measly call..."

"Ugh, fine, though it's not as measly as you think... gotta encrypt it and bounce it off multiple satellites to avoid getting tracked... that's not easy, you know."

"It's for a good cause."

She shrugs, not looking impressed, "if you say so. Good causes don't pay the bills and put food on my table."

He snorts, "You call this drek food?" He picks up a stray Chaka Noodle bowl, looking over with a slight look of disgust on his face.

"Well I'd eat better if people like you PAID me better, so don't make fun of my food when you're being a

Mustache Ride posted:

Computers to look cool with the kids: 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 4 successes, 1 threat

She looks up from her typing at Korne, nodding, clearly excited to meet a fellow techie, "yeah, good eye! Probably nothing compared to what you guys must have had on Alderaan... er, I mean, Core Worlds always get the good stuff first, you know how it is..." she seems a little embarrassed for bringing up Alderaan, "never seen that handle before... mine's Sketcher Sky. Are you on the old RepublicWeb or DarkNet?" She continues tapping away, Korne having the tech-savvy to see that she's not formally trained at all, but has her own interesting methods of tapping into several corporate navcomms and relay satellites to bounce a tight beam encoded message out. You can't tell what the message is at a glance because it's encoded behind some sort of custom encryption algorithm she clearly made herself.

YT-2000 Airlock Ramp - Hangar Bay 6

Not Keyser Soze posted:

Kraye - Hangar Bay 6
(-3 Strain/-0 Wounds)
"The Clone Wars' long over," he says coldly "and men with skill go where their needed." Kraye looks to Anders hoping his expression is enough to convey how this conversation could go poorly.

"Quite." Captain Min stares at the clone's face for a few moments before turning back to Anders, any semblance of drunkenness having long faded from her demeanor.

Jaynen posted:

"Crix has no dishonor for which to make penance. Ms Mun, I am sure you are aware of the ISB? While I cannot say more I will tell you this. There were six of my men in that bar, one of which was the "small fish" who seemed to make some friends. It is our express purpose on Marrovia II to inquire after a loose thread as it were. One by the name of the Golden Dewback, any information you have on this ship or on other Rebels operating in this area would be looked favorably on by the Empire and you would be doing it great service. I assure you that any leads will be followed most thoroughly."

Her eye twitches at the mention of the ISB, Sinclair visibly flinching and looking to her quickly, mouth slightly aghast. Min's eyes narrow.

"Why am I not surprised that you have that COMPNOR smell about you... Sinclair?"

Sinclair produces a stun baton from a sleeve in one fluid motion.

"You're interfering with an Imperial Intelligence investigation," she slaps the comm panel next to the door, "Find the rest of heir team, we don't need them loving everything up!" The door behind her slides open revealing 2 more plainclothes II officers, as well as an impressive collection of surveillance equipment filling the large cargo hold.

[[Kraye is standing directly behind Anders, over his left shoulder. Min stands directly in front of Anders, the two officers behind her. Sinclair is to Kraye's left, the stun baton in his right hand, facing the clone. The comm panel and ramp controls are directly to the right of Min, within reach of Anders. Using the existing Initiative rolls, Anders and Kraye both get to act before any of the Intelligence agents. If you do nothing, they WILL stun you.]]

Destiny: 2 Light, 6 Dark

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - Hangar Bay 6
(-5 Strain/-0 Wounds)

"Had to open your drat mouth, didn't you?" Kraye says as the stun baton appears in Sinclair's hand. With a motion practiced for decades Kraye brings his rifle to bear, point blank, into the Intelligence Agent's face. He takes a moment to center his sights, relishing somewhat in the relief in Sinclair's face as he thumbs the weapon to Stun.

2 Strain to Aim as a second maneuver

Point blank blaster fire: 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

A blue actinic flash fills the doorway and Sinclair stumbles backwards, muscles spasming, from the non-lethal energy pulse. His flailing spoils lines of fire and affords Anders a moment to act with Min's guard completely down.

No setback dice were included for any armor Sinclair might be wearing but, assuming no changes, Sinclair takes 11 Strain damage and Anders gets a Boost die to whatever he plans to do next.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Pulling his own datapad only slightly out of his slicer bag tied around his back, Castaan nods to Sky about the newer hardware near the core. "Yeah, I was able to pick up a Companion4k last year for a steal, quite literally, had the imperials drop it off to me and everything, heh heh heh"

Sliding the pad back into his bag, he turns a little red as she asks about the networks he's on. "Oh, I learned my trade on the old RepublicWeb a long time ago, indeed, but after a little accident.... well... I was afraid if I stayed the Imps would catch me, so I jumped over to the DarkNet. I'm kind of glad I did the move, its better to stay in anominity, right?"

Looking over the message bounce, Castaan really starts to look impressed with her work.

"Wow, you're bouncing that code through 6 corp sats and even an old.. wait is that an old DOKAW? Wow, I didn't think any of those DOKAWs were still in orbit around there, I hope you don't make it mad, Kinetic Weapons were always flaky in the Clone Wars."

Turning to Tular, Castaan, feeling talky, just up and asks him, "So what schedule are you moving up and all?"

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

13/14 strain, 14/14 wounds

Anders already being on edge draws his weapon and with a slight sigh shoots Captain Min his blaster set to stun.

Shooting Captain Min: 1eP+2eA+1eD+2eB 4 successes, 1 advantage

Deals 9 strain damage, using advantage to take Captain Min as a shield

"The rest of you stand down immediately!" He says in an authoritative tone.

Opposed Leadership vs other agents: 2eP+1eA 2 successes, 1 advantage

For opposed check, Anders has commanding presence, giving -1 setback dice for leadership checks
Anders also suffers 1 strain to evoke sidestep increasing the difficulty of all incoming ranged attacks for the round

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Basement, Residential District, Salavar City, Marrovia II

A sick mother who was cared for, a brother with obvious mental handicaps, a childhood of Rim poverty, and a willingness to help three complete strangers simply because they looked like they needed it. Lukan could not help but admire Tular for his, well, humanity. Why was the duros mixed up in the Rebellion? The sentient obviously had a good heart, so why would he work with thugs and terrorists so desperate to tear down the Imperial Order and return the galaxy to a Clone Wars-like nightmare?

Lukan suspected he would not find the answer in the basement of a building that would have been condemned on any truly civilized world. The Rebellion must have had been soaking the Outer Rim with propaganda for years to engender this kind of support. All the official HoloNet sources indicated the Rebellion was a relatively new phenomena. How long had they been lurking in the dark corners of the galaxy, seeding the vulnerable and poor with misinformation right under the Empire's nose?

Then there was the slicer, Ketch. Even Lukan could see she had a sophisticated command of computer programming language and hardware, and Korne's school boy glee did nothing to diminish the impression. She could have been accumulating a small fortune as a tech specialist for a Core or Colony info-corp. Was she a true believer or simply a mercenary? Given how clearly the Rebellion brainwashed a good person like Tular, the slicer could have been taken in too.

Scraping some refuse off a crate, Lukan took he seat. He pulled his gloves off and folded them on his knee exactly like he would his uniform gloves if he were getting ready for inspection. They would have passed muster, but Lukan never saw them. It was a muscle memory that did it. His mind was elsewhere ruminating on how clearly intelligent, reasonable sentient beings like Tular and Ketch could be so taken in by the Rebellion. Lukan always assumed the Rebellion was mostly thug species like wookiees, aqualish, and others. Intellectually, he knew there was a coating of disaffected senators and power hungry trade cartels at the top, but he'd never believed the low rank-and-file could be so...mundane.

Lukan cleared his throat. "Tular," he said. "How did you...." He gestured with his gloves at the basement setup. "Get involved in all this? The Rebels, I mean?"

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

"Thank you, I'll just be a minute." Telsh says as he goes to the refresher. Once there, he opens the window, and turns on the refresher, pulling out his datapad and quickly sending a message to Anders, 'Korne, Lukan and I have made contact with some minor rebel sympathizers, with definite contacts higher up. Will keep you informed. Activating tracking on my datapad, if you receive gibberish message send help ASAP. Telsh out.' With that he activates the stealth tracking app on his datapad, sending a signal every 10 minutes on a scrambled band linked to the other datapads of the group.

After a few minutes he cleans himself up and steps out of the room. "Thank you, again." He looks over at Arkik and waggles a finger at Sky, "Oh you better watch out, once you get him started on that tech babble you'll never get him to stop."

He turns back to the owner of the domicile, "Is there something we can do to repay your hospitality here?"

As he speaks, he runs through a mental list of charges in his head. Aiding and Abetting, everybody for sure, and Conspiracy. Pretty easy to tack Sedition onto those charges if they stick. The girl certainly has some illegal hardware in that holo-net setup, Possession of Illegal Slicing Tech with Intent to Slice. Telsh is sure there's contraband in somewhere in the house, people like this always have something they ought not to. Back on Corellia, this would be a pretty solid collar, out here though, Telsh thinks, we're just going to have a bunch of dead bodies to space. Oh well.

I am fine flipping a destiny point for the tracking app, since that's a destiny point type thing to magic up. Then again considering modern phones have secure family-tracking apps, it's not a stretch, tech wise.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

YT-2000 - Hangar Bay 6

Min barely holds onto consciousness as she weakly struggles against Anders' grip, "shoot... them..."

The remaining two guards glance at each other at Anders' command, then slowly raise their hands, both men eying the business end of Kraye's carbine. They back away from the door, hands still up.

The two men back up to either side of the ladder, hands still up.

Tular takes another swig of his whiskey and looks to Lukan after his question, "Eh... well..."

Before he can answer, Ketch interrupts, "Hey, don't lump me in with them, I'm freelance and this is MY place... he's just squatting." She continues typing, talking quietly with Korne and pointing out another piece of code she uses to scan the Imperial sniffer satellites, to double check that no one has traced her message.

Tular clears his throat, "Eh... well, we're sort of... suppliers. They contract us to get stuff, we bring it to where they tell us. But I'm sure the Cap knows how to find the Rebel Fleet and we could drop you fellas off..."

Destiny: 3 Light, 5 Dark

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 6, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"Hmm, that code will certainly fool an Government sniffer team, but if you want to avoid military slicers you should instead simply encode your message inside the default Imperial Format, and send it using the MilitaryNet. That way its above the purview of any civilian agency. Then what I'd do is encode your message inside a robust inner algorithm that would take a brilliant sniffer to find. Here, check this out."

Pulling out his datapad again, he boots it up and shows Ketch some code.

"So this uses the standard Imperial Encryption protocols, and I've included an extremely simple book cipher inside of it to hide your message. It looks like you're sending standard outpost update requests, but instead you're burying a code inside the Imperials own network. No local force looks at outgoing messages going over the MilitaryNet, and the military's sniffers are so smug they won't think that such a simple method of sending covert messages would be using their own system. Especially if you're able to spoof the the message headers like you do here."

Castaan points to a specific bit of code on his datapad.

"See, this identifies you as a local Imperial Intelligence team on planet, and no one looks at those messages."

What Korne fails to mention in his code is the watchdog he's coded in that informs his datapad about every jump this message takes, its contents, the original source/destination information for those that sent it, and the worm that's installed by anyone that opens the message.

Code Backdoor: 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 1, 2014

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye YT-2000
(-5 Strain/-0 Wounds)

Kraye moves up quickly, keeping the rifle trained on the ship's crew. He grabs the stun baton and thumbs it off, stowing it in his belt. He checks Sinclair's pulse and checks for pupil dilation,
"See?" he says looking at the crew, "not gonna kill him. Not even gonna hurt him." He pats Sinclair's unconscious face hoping to emphasize the point. He let's the rifle barrel drop to the floor and drags the Intelligence officer out of the way to the corner. "We're just going to have a conversation. So no stupid ideas, right guys?" He looks to the crew and then back at Anders, "We're all good guys here, right Captain?"

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Nodding to Kraye, he looks to the other two officers and gently releases Captain Min. "Now that we are past that, let's have a much more hospitable conversation. Why don't you take Sinclair to his chambers to sleep it off, and find a comfy chair for Captain Min here while we discuss what your findings have been on this planet. We are on the same side and all want to protect the empire and take down the Rebel Alliance. Your resources here far exceed ours and sharing information with us will only get us out of your hair faster." Holding his hand out to the two officers he introduces himself. "Anders Olaffson, ISB, formerly COMPFORCE Assault, and you two are?" After introductions he brings out his datapad noting the message from Telsh. He taps out a reply notifying them of the current situation and their whereabouts on the Imperial Intelligence ship.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

YT-2000, Hangar Bay 6

Both crewmen pale slightly at Kraye's casual tone, then simply nod. They speak in turn in reply to Anders:

"Agent Waters."

"Agent Gilmore."

Waters speaks up, "we're just an observation team, not a cleaning unit... you'll get no trouble from us." You can see the sweat beading on his forehead.

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

Noticing the discomfort on the men's face Anders tries to put them at ease, knowing technical types feel more comfortable in front of their computers. "Well Agent Waters, and Agent Gilmore why don't you show me what you have got on all this nice shiny observation equipment. Run me through the situation. I will fill in any gaps from what I know that I think can assist you."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Telsh says to Tular, "Getting a ride out to Rebel Fleet would be very beneficial but I wouldn't want to impose or anything. When did you say they'd be back? So we can get out of your hair, I mean. We've caused you enough local discomfort, no?"

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Gavyn Laga AKA Lukan Triege - Basement, Residential District, Salavar City, Marrovia II

"I have to agree with Deesh," Lukan said. He ran a hand through his hair. "The sooner we get off Marrovia, the better I'll feel.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Teriq

Ignoring the drat astromech, Teriq throws it a nasty scowl in the hopes that it'll shut up and let him pull back. If there's trouble, he'll need something more than the tiny snub blaster he's got in his jacket. He heads back to the Alderaan's Pride, balancing out his twin hopes that there is or isn't a contact from his bar pals there. On the one hand, they might be casing the place. On the other, it'll be a waste of time he could be spending getting back into action. He heads in and, on a notion, toward the locker. That old Ubese explorer suit would cover his identity, just in case.

After that, it's just a matter of heading to the so-called Rebel ship. Teriq keeps it quiet, just like before. Hopefully that R5 won't notice him, or it'll think he's someone else. The whole point of a disguise, of course.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

YT-2000 - Hangar Bay 6

After Kraye locks the unconscious form of Sinclair in one of the ventral rooms and Captain Min, who had finally passed out, in the other, the quartet ascend the ladder in pairs, Gilmore leading the way with Kraye bringing up the rear, carbine trained on them the entire time they ascend the short ladder. Hands still up, they lead you out into the large modified cargo area, the entire main deck of the ship gutted and opened up to house an extremely large computer array, as well another large computer system that partially hangs from the ceiling and has multiple terminals built into the side of it.

[[Computers 2D+1S to determine what the machines are.]]

Waters motions to a small terminal attached to one of the walls, "Our files are on that terminal... we've, uh... been tracking a Rebel supply ship that comes through this port regularly. It was last in port 4 days ago, which if their usual schedule is correct, means they will be back within the next 2 days... their Captain has a penchant for the mushrooms on this planet."

They keep their hands up and look at the two of you, both of them clearly nervous.

Tular looks to Ketch, shrugging, "Eh... they're probably on their way back already, dunno if the message will speed that up. Hopefully they call back with an ETA."

Ketch simply snorts at that.

Tular shrugs again, "In the meantime, may as well hunker down... safer to lie low in the Residential District, mostly aliens like me around here, no big love for the Empire."

[[Sorry, got sidetracked and now it's stupid late. Will have a chunkier update tomorrow!]]

Jaynen
Jul 7, 2005

"Kraye, I think we can let these two put their arms down. Let me guess is that ship christened the "Golden Dewback"?" Anders looks around the room at the wide array of computers but has no idea what he is looking at. It's all the same to him just a bunch of stuff he would not know what to do with. He wishes they have Mr Korne onboard with them or Senna who could have probably made a much better assessment.

Trying to figure out what the computers are: 2eA+2eD+1eS 3 failures, 1 advantage

"Do you have any information about their crew, or the support people they meet on the ground? We had a contact within the spaceport but have not been able to arrange a meeting yet with only having just arrived on planet. How much of the planet or at least Salavar do you have under surveillance?"

EDITING

Anders reads Telsh's datapad message again, and sends a note to the team. "If you are in residential district consider following up on our contact." Attached is a reminder of the dossier with picture and address.

Jaynen fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 4, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mustache Ride posted:

Code Backdoor: 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph

Ketch's eyes widen as she listens to Korne's tactic, "Oh wow, that's brilliant, good idea!" She frowns slightly as she looks at the code, "but wait, what's this part here about sending to a specific address? Oh, I see, that's how you keep track of if it went through safely, it sends a message to your datapad. Clever! I guess we can fiddle with it so it'll send the same sort of message back to this terminal..." She scratches her head, clearly trying to wrap ehr head around the intricate code.

[[3 Threat means she catches on to your notifications, but she has no idea about any of the other logging or the worm.]]

Tular stretches, "Well, you two can keep talking shop, I'm gonna take a nap... I'll come by tomorrow night, I've got to take care of a few things... should know when the ship will arrive by then." He looks to Ketch, "keep your eyes peeled for a message from the Dewback, eh?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure sure," she looks over the code, trying to figure it out and asking Korne questions about what certain lines do, Korne conveniently obscuring the truth and explaining it to her, the young girl naively gobbling it up.

Tular looks to Lukan and Telsh, "I'd suggest staying in the Residential District for the day... safer here. We can meet back here at midnight..." he motions to Ketch, "she'll let you know the rules and how to get back down here or whatever." He nods to each of you and heads out, closing the door behind him.

Ketch briefly explains that one of the crates has surplus camping supplies, including bedrolls, and her very, very, very specific refresher rules.

[[Outline what you plan to do in the morning, and post it. Ketch will let you use her terminal for communications on the planet, but keep in mind she will probably be in the room and thus would be privy to it all. That doesn't mean you can't call the rest of the team or your contact, just remember to be subtle, she has no idea who any of you people are.]]

YT-2000 - Hangar Bay 6

Gilmore scratches his head, "Er, well... no, not really. Other than a few details about Captain Tolar, like his mushroom habit. We know that they land here pretty regularly, at least 3-4 times a month... we've had some trouble trying to get the docking bay records from the Spaceport without pulling rank and risking exposing ourselves... Captain Min wanted to set a trap for them," he motions to the mysterious machine, "but we still needed more information..."

Waters gives Gilmore a nervous look at that final comment, "... but, but we can find out more! You don't have to kill us or anything, we can help you, I'm sure!"

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Telsh stretches out a bedroll in the corner, making a semi-comfortable place to lay his head. "You know, if it's not a problem I think I'll stretch my legs a bit. I should be able to move around the Res District, no? Do I need to know anything about getting back? A passphrase or other secret codeword? This is all very exciting, I feel like a real spy or something."

Going to look in on our contact because why not. I can at least maybe scare him into making GBS threads his pants. I am unsure of the timeframe here. I thought it was lateish at night, so we were all going to sleep then do poo poo in the morning, but the way Tular's talking it's morning. Is he simply referring to the next 'day'?

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 4, 2014

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Teriq

Teriq stops as he gets another message. Seems like they want to follow up on the contact they were all supposed to have met with in the first place. Well, there's a novel idea. Might as well be the tracker, then. Teriq pulls out his comlink and contacts the CO. He maintains proper monitored radio discipline.

"Hey, Garo, it's Jafan. I tried to call you before, but I guess you were in the 'fresher or something. That guy headed home for the day and I got no clearance for the hab districts. You want I should catch him in the morning? If he can help us find Rayla, I'll pay him anything he wants myself."

That's it. Real casual-like. Hopefully Anders will pick up that he's talking about finding the Twi'lek. Unless those new friends of his could get him into the Res district, Teriq is locked out. Maybe the story about a lost loved one will stir something in their hearts, but the thing about spies is that they're a paranoid bunch.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Kraye - YT-2000 - Hangar Bay 6
(-5 Strain/-0 Wounds)

The old trooper rolled his eyes, "If I wanted you kill you, Son, you'd be dead by now." He slung his rifle and set his kit on a nearby table. "What you can do, though, is get a couple cups of water" he said as he pulled a bottle of standard analgesic caps out of his pack. "Stunning is not a particularly elegant means to induce unconsciousness and your friends are going have some vicious headaches when they wake up." He placed the four pills on the table and turned to Anders as he repacked, "Captain, if we're done here perhaps we should regroup until morning? We may want to bring Agent Min with us," he looked pointedly at the two other agents, "purely for the purpose of collaboration."

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

The heavy blast door isolating the basement computer center from the rest of the apartment building slammed shut after Tular left. Telsh, Korne, and Lukan were alone with the slicer, a mere slip of a girl named 'Ketch'. He doubted it was her real name.

With a contended sigh, Lukan refastened the collar he had loosened to seem more 'informal' inside the cantina. What a drab, disgusting place it had turned out to be. He stood, pulled his black gloves back over his fingers, and then stepped behind the slicer while she and Korne were mesmerized by scrolling program code.

Gently, Lukan eased his Imperial Navy sidearm out of its holster and placed the barrel firmly against the top of Ketch's skull. He smiled at her reflection in the computer screen.

"Miss Ketch, let me explain why there is a blaster pointed at your head," Lukan said. "I am pleased to inform you that, now, you work exclusively for the Galactic Empire. Do not worry. You will be well compensated for your efforts, but, should you fail the Emperor, you will die. After all, my companion there, Mr. Arkik, has, no doubt, already transmitted your whereabouts and your crimes to a secure server within the Imperial Security Bureau on Coruscant."

Lukan patted her cheek almost gently. "There is no escape now. Welcome to the team."

Fuzz, I would like to make a Coercion check to persuade Ketch to become our agent. We will, of course, pay her which should sweeten the deal. Also, I'm not sure what it should be, but I would think being threatened by an Imperial agent with friends in her secure slicer place or whatever should carry some big bonuses. So, what should I roll?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Telsh sighs, shrugs, and moves towards an area where he can cover the door if need be, "Bold move my friend, but you realize if she balks we're going to have to kill her, slowly, and make it look like an accident..."

My pool is 1p+2a, take a boost if you can't make a better check out of that.

I also want to position myself to see anyone coming, if that's not possible, to get the jump on anyone entering the door.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

"She won't balk," Lukan assured Telsh. "I suspect our little friend here is quite the mercenary."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

"Arkik, want to come with me and round up our friend?" Telsh looks over at Gavyn, "As long as you have things under control here..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Coercion Recruit Ketch w/Skilled Assistance: 1eB+2eA+1eP+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage

"It should not be an issue, Mr. Star," Lukan said. Slowly, he holstered his blaster. "However, it might be a better idea if I came with you and Mr. Arkik took a through look through Miss Ketch's system. I'm sure she'll give him full access, and she won't look too closely at anything he does."

Lukan claps Korne on the shoulder and said, "See what she knows." Then, he left with Telsh to find their reluctant contact.

Mustache, she should let you do whatever you want to her computer now she's our agent. Would you mind riffling through the system to see what's there? I can go with Elendil to roust this contact.

Fuzz, I'd like to use my advantage to ensure she doesn't go back and check anything Mustache might do when he's using her hardware. After all, fear will keep the locals in line.

• Locked thread