Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You know I like? The current events thread. We have a lot of high-information posts that dispels some of the bullshit going on in the world.

You know what I like less? The "what if <IMPOSSIBLE SITUATION> that causes us to <THING NO RATIONAL ACTOR WOULD DO>, how would we <STUPID BULLSHIT MACGUFFIN>?"

Post those in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I'm just saying if the Russians cross the Bering Strait into Alaska you're going to be real thankful for all those F22s.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

What if Obama wanted to take over the world? Who could stop him, if the Military was DTF?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Obligatory http://combatreform.org/ mention.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Trabisnikof posted:

What if Obama wanted to take over the world? Who could stop him, if the Military was DTF?

I would like to bring up the number of ICBM's Russia has...but then I remember Star Wars....

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Gavins all the way down

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
My favorite from the man himself:

quote:

The oversized tractor-trailer crept at two miles per hour into the cargo bay of the C-5A Galaxy transport under the watchful eyes of the aircraft’s loadmaster, two flight officers, and six naval officers. Oddly, only the latter, none of whom wore aviator’s wings, were fully versed in the procedure. The vehicle’s center of gravity was precisely marked, and they watched the mark approach a particular number engraved on the cargo bay floor. The work had to be done exactly. Any mistake could fatally impair the aircraft’s trim and imperil the lives of the flight crew and passengers.

“Okay, freeze it right there,” the senior officer called. The driver was only too glad to stop. He left the keys in the ignition, set all the brakes, and put the truck in gear before getting out. Someone else would drive it out of the aircraft on the other side of the country. The loadmaster and six airmen immediately went to work, snaking steel cables to eyebolts on the truck and trailer to secure the heavy load. Shifting cargo was something else an aircraft rarely survived, and the C-5A did not have ejection seats.

The loadmaster saw to it that his ground crewmen were properly at work before walking over to the pilot. He was a twenty-five-year sergeant who loved the C-5s despite their blemished history.
“Cap’n, what the hell is this thing?”

“It’s called a DSRV, Sarge, deep submergence rescue vehicle.” “Says Avalon on the back, sir,” the sergeant pointed out.

“Yeah, so it has a name. It’s a sort of a lifeboat for submarines. Goes down to get the crew out if something screws up.”

“Oh.” The sergeant considered that. He’d flown tanks, helicopters, general cargo, once a whole battalion of troops on his— he thought of the aircraft as his— Galaxy before. This was the first time he had ever flown a ship. If it had a name, he reasoned, it was a ship. drat, the Galaxy could do anything!

(Paging iyaayas01)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What if Best Korea lobbed a couple test missiles over mainland Japan in a desperate bid for attention?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

gleep gloop posted:

I'm just saying if the Russians cross the Bering Strait into Alaska you're going to be real thankful for all those F22s.

What if the Russians buy production rights for the J-20 and fly it together with the Pak-Fa?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
http://jalopnik.com/europes-largest-oil-refinery-catches-on-fire-happens-1536368860

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

ArchangeI posted:

What if the Russians buy production rights for the J-20 and fly it together with the Pak-Fa?

Then we will need the F35.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

gleep gloop posted:

With GroverLasers(tm)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

Only one man can save us if that happens.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Y'know, I seen me a mermaid once. I even seen me a shark eat an octopus.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What if Quebec succeeded and a Canadian Civil War broke out?

:canada:

e: For real this time.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Frosted Flake posted:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

I'd join the army again.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Wait, you want to stop them from leaving?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Succeeded at seceding? Never.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Frosted Flake posted:

No one would care

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gleep gloop posted:

No one would care

France would, but only to distance themselves from Quebec

SentSix
Jul 19, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Now lets try this with Texas seceding.

:flashfap:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SentSix posted:

Now lets try this with Texas seceding.

:flashfap:

And nothing of value was lost.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Then the NFL could stop bitching about going international and poo poo.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
hey guys, if i enlist in united states of america army as a special forces ranger, what are my chances of getting to shoot slavs and browns like? cus i just watched the film black hawk down and felt i really connected with blackburn, though i think i have enough natural skill to not fall out of a helicopter

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

hey guys, if i enlist in united states of america army as a special forces ranger, what are my chances of getting to shoot slavs and browns like? cus i just watched the film black hawk down and felt i really connected with blackburn, though i think i have enough natural skill to not fall out of a helicopter

they recruit out of boot camp so you will have to show you are high speed enough to make the cut to your dril sgt so he can put you in the special training

volunteer to be a cook, thats the secret signal

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pssh look at this guy wanting to join the scrub brigade tier 0 is where its at son

they only recruit if you're a bad enough dude to sneak into the white house naked

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
guys pls dont mock my ambition, i have been training my whole life for this. My mom just got my call of duty ghosts so i feel ill be on a tier 2 operating level prior to even meps.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mortabis posted:

Wait, you want to stop them from leaving?

Hostile take-over and removal of language rights. I want to be able to say 'THIS IS CANADA, SPEAK CANADIAN, BUDDY'

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

guys pls dont mock my ambition, i have been training my whole life for this. My mom just got my call of duty ghosts so i feel ill be on a tier 2 operating level prior to even meps.

look man. i understand the sarcasm these guys are giving you. i'll be real though.

if you haven't played black ops 2 you just aren't ready.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Hostile take-over and removal of language rights. I want to be able to say 'THIS IS CANADA, SPEAK CANADIAN, BUDDY'

When have you ever heard anyone say, "Honey, lets stay in and order Canadian food"?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Cole posted:

look man. i understand the sarcasm these guys are giving you. i'll be real though.

if you haven't played black ops 2 you just aren't ready.

but ghosts gave me that astornaut skillset which i feel could be highly useful for any future space ops i might conduct as an oeprator as well as tuaght me anti-south american warfare which will be useful for guaranteed anti-cartel special operations

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

If you want to fight in space, join the Space Marines.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

When have you ever heard anyone say, "Honey, lets stay in and order Canadian food"?

Isn't poutine Canadian?

Also bagged milk.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

If you want to fight in space, join the Space Marines.

i dont feel im ready for marsoc yet like i need to get all the jargon down for when im oscar mike down range noscoping russians in warsaw

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowdens Secret posted:

Right around the same time Quebec is a useful, undemanding province.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i dont feel im ready for marsoc yet like i need to get all the jargon down for when im oscar mike down range noscoping russians in warsaw

Just a reminder if he's lurking:

You're a lying bitch, IDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Snowdens Secret posted:

the traditional canadian meal is kraft dinner and beer, so like 90% of the forums says that every night

• Locked thread