Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Yay jttoddy Ys LPs! Slowly working my way through Celceta, will definitely be watching this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

toddy. posted:

This is the usual product of a random VA project on those VA group forums. They have a full "cast" list on the dub page, as well as the most terrifying image you've seen in at least 2 days. The only name I immediately recognize is Alan Oppenheimer as I mentioned in the OP.

You people making fun of this dub have never heard official German dubs of older games, some of which I'm sure were literally made by pulling the drunk janitor and a few hobos into a recording boothinto the vicinity of a microphone and forcing them to read the dialogue at gunpoint. Compared to those, this is pretty inoffensive.

That picture and those nicknames, though...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

toddy. posted:

Just had the new Ys Art Book that I preordered off Amazon months ago delivered to my door. If I recall it's the first of Falcom's art books to be published in English so check it out if you're interested. I might eventually use it for resources (especially when I get around to LP'ing Ys Origin ETA 20XX) since there's a surprising amount info to be had in there. No art for Dawn of Ys or Mask of the Sun though, probably due to awkward shared rights of those games with companies that no longer exist/got bought out by Konami.

A friend brought me this from Japan and I agree, it's totally worth owning.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I think I remember this dungeon from a stream from a (long) while ago.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Thanks for showing this off, probably wouldn't have played it myself.

• Locked thread