Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Harlock posted:

Play-Asia has a white Vita TV (Asian Version) for $77 shipped to the US. People on other message boards say you can still access US PSN with it though.

http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-tv-paOS-13-49-en-70-77lt.html?ref=sp_797&sc1=N282039271?affiliate_id=16202

With Sony's latest firmware update to the VitaTV, the Asian Vita TV can also access the US PSN Store!
Here's how to do it:
1) Hook up your Vita TV, and create an Asian PSN account (any timezone is fine).
2) Download the lastest firmware update (3.35) from your Vita TV.
3) Go to Settings -> Format -> Restore This System
4) Sign in with your US PSN Account
5) Enjoy!

I just got this delivered. Plugged it into the TV and it told me to plug in my controller and press the PS button, hooked up a fresh DS4 with a micro-usb cable, its orange light began to pulse. Hit the PS button and absolutely nothing happened. Any ideas what the gently caress is up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Early firmwares only supported PS3 controllers, perhaps yours is too old to support PS4 ones. Plug in a PS3 controller and see if that works, if yes perform a system update and see if PS4 works after that.

Don't have one. :v:

Thanks sony, for being a dirty liar all across your online manual.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

univbee posted:

Huh, never even considered this. I think their online manual is technically correct because they're only accounting for U.S. models which are all shipped with 3.18.

I'll add this heads-up to the OP.
You're right. The japanese online manual does only talk about the DS3.

Harlock posted:

Ask someone to borrow one? That sucks :(
Eh, amazon over-night is fine, and i don't mind the expenditure.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I have the best of luck with this machine.

It's set up now, and having the games on a big screen is gorgeous.

However, on both wire and wireless network it isn't able to get out of NAT3, despite the Vita being perfectly capable of achieving NAT2 on my wireless.

I tried putting it into the DMZ, which made the internet connection test simply say "could not connect to server" when doing the NAT test, but within Freedom Wars it was able to actually connect to a game like that.

Only problem is that the network connection is ridiculously unstable. It keeps disconnecting from PSN, booting me back to the lobby, and also fails with other network functions in FW, which work fine on Vita. The funniest bit was when i managed to get into a game, and the first thing my characters did was fall over dead and despawn. The camera was still stuck in place and i could watch the other players play, but i could do nothing.

Interesting is also that the VitaTV cannot see my wireless when it's on channel 13, which the Vita has no trouble with.

I'm seriously wondering if the VitaTVs on sale on playasia were on sale because they were some kind of early run with ridiculously lovely network hardware. Though i'm not sure that explains the NAT issues, since that is software afaik.

Edit: All of my welp. Rebooting the router fixed the NAT issue. Maybe my router didn't understand what to do with the VitaTV after i set up a static IP for it, and kept trying to run it as dynamic DHCP.
Editedit: The actual connection is still a flaky piece of poo poo and keeps throwing me off PSN.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 6, 2014

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Turns out the PS TV update 3.55 isn't just for the exploit:

- PS4 Link You can now adjust the setting for video resolution when using remote play on a PS Vita system. Select (PS4 Link) > [Start] > (Options) > [Settings] > [Video Quality for Remote Play] > [Resolution]. If video or audio skips during playback, try selecting [Low (360p)] to help improve the quality.

- Parental Controls: You can now restrict (Email) from starting.

- To recap: 3.55 blocks writing & dumping via eml “email hack” but anything already there like whitelist bypass, themes & bubbles still work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

raditts posted:

I was thinking of buying one of these things since they can be gotten for like $30 now
Everytime i read that i check the european market, and nope, 34€ is the cheapest.

• Locked thread