Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

univbee posted:

MGS "works" but has to be transferred from a PS3, or from a Vita which previous transferred from a PS3 (or grabbed it during that short window when everything was available).

I'm a bit confused. How can you transfer a bubble from a PS3 to a VitaTV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Download it to the PS3
Copy it to a Vita using content manager
Pop out the memory card from the vita
put the vita memory card into the vitatv

:stare:

I can just copy it from my Vita, right? :ohdear:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
I didn't know I could transfer files via LAN. That actually might be viable for me.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
One of us! One of us!

*ahem* Welcome to the club. Please pick up your fez by the door.

So is anyone going to pick up that abomination that allows you to convert the VitaTV back into an handheld?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

jabro posted:

Holy poo poo. This thing is so fricking small.

That's what she said. *canned laughter*

Anyways, welcome to the club.

Found that you can make PSP games look a little better if you crank up the sharpness on your TV.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

univbee posted:

Also O and X's roles as Confirm/Cancel are locked based on the region the console is purchased in. But yes, it works, my early testing when the NA stores went live was with a Japanese unit.

Most games will use the correct regional Confirm/Cancel with the exception of one game: Muramasa Rebirth.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

neetengie posted:

Alright, thanks you two. So I just have to update the firmware for the Vita TV, or can I just stick my 32GB Memory card in it and everything will go smoothly? I just don't want to screw anything up.

When I got mine, I skipped the account creation for the first time, it downloaded the update. I installed it and did a system format. The second time, I logged in with my account information.

Works great - I'm loving this thing. I'm on the road and it's nice to play Vita games at the hotel.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Overbite posted:

I was thinking of getting one at $60 because it's cheaper than an actual Vita but I had 2 questions:

1. is the smallest memory stick worth it? These things are stupidly priced.

b. does Tales of Hearts work on it? I don't know how updated that compatibility list is.

Yep, but you're going to run out fast if you go digital.

Yes.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
That is pretty cool, but what's the deal with Lumines Electronic Symphony? I know if you tap the refresh button, it allows you to play it, but that means I have to connect to the Internet to do that. Any chance that Sony will update the local whitelist on the Vita?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
I travel a lot and I like taking the Vita TV with me (small and compact) to play on the Hotel's TV.

I guess it's not a big deal, but it's a bit annoying since it works FINE on the Vita...

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

univbee posted:

Do you have to do it every single time? I was under the impression if you did it once it would be "set" but maybe that doesn't persist between shutdowns. Have you tried since the 3.50 update?

Not since the 3.50 update... I'll try it again and see if it "sticks" now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Wired up my PS TV, works great! PS4 Link is fantastic!

...This is going to be one of those *hidden gems* consoles in a youtube video 5-6 years from now.

• Locked thread