Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Harlock posted:

Play-Asia has a white Vita TV (Asian Version) for $77 shipped to the US. People on other message boards say you can still access US PSN with it though.

drat... I know this isn't SAMart, but anyone want to take a $75 Dell eGift Card in exchange for one (or even a black US version in case someone's been disillusioned)? I ordered one through Dell when it said 2-4 days processing time, but that magically turned into 6+ weeks processing time the day after I'd paid for my order, so I ended up cancelling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Speaking of PS4 streaming, which resolution does it use? Is it sent 720p natively or does it grab the vita-native resolution then do the 720 upscale?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I know it's been said plenty of times, but have you checked the settings on your PS4 to make sure direct connect is turned off? If it's on the PS4 basically acts as its own wireless access point and tells the vita to switch to that network; I'm assuming it'll still tell the vita to change to that specific wireless network even if you're on a gigabit LAN connected to the same switch (and yes, I know the box only has a 10/100 port)

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Well, Xenogears was mentioned in an above post as NA and non-EU, but remember that vitas aren't able to handle multiple regions like a PS4; you'll need to completely reset the system to switch between accounts from what I understand, and memory cards are locked to the region of activation (meaning you either need to have multiple cards or be willing to reformat every time you change)

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Since the vita can only do 100 it doesn't really matter for that connection, but what would make a big difference is what's between the consoles. Is it a cheap Linksys router ruining the default software? For the best results, connect the consoles with a switch (not router or hub) - that will give them the most efficient connection; you just plug your internet facing router into a different port on the switch for both to be able to get online

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

True, I'll admit that I was spoiled by working on Cisco labs and running multiple lines to each room to handle a variety of situations. You sound like you already know what you're doing, but it's worth mentioning for anyone else that it'd be worth seeing if there's a DD-WRT or Tomato release for your your router. Once you have a router with more powerful software, you can play with QoS setups and the like - find out the port ranges that remote play uses and give it the highest priority, that way you won't suffer sudden lag if a PC downloads updates or someone starts streaming video.

To change the subject, everyone with a VTV or Vita should check their download list to see if any old games suddenly became available. I was setting up mine, and noticed that Um Jammer Lammy finally had a download button and works perfectly!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Yep, up to 4 controllers are supported for appropriate PS1 games, PS Now games, and it's possible for Vita games to be patched (Spelunky now has 4 player local multiplayer)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Launch the game and wait for it to get past the PSP emulator screen, then hold the PS button and you'll see another set of options for the game; go into that menu, and in the options is a setting to change the controller to analog mode

• Locked thread