Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

The unfortunate thing is that I could see Vita TV doing fairly well in the West if Sony would have decent amount of streaming apps on it and Youtube. The problem is games though and needing devs patch them. Personally, I'd buy it for P4G, Ys, Dangonropa, Muramasa and a few other games as well as to stream PS4 down to another room. Another use would be for Japanese account but I really wish Sony would allow multiple accounts for at least Vita TV like they do on PS3. Throw in most of the apps that are there on PS3 like Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, Plex, etc... and it would be a nice little box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Are SKV, ToH R, and Akiba Trip compatible with the Japanese PS TV?

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

univbee posted:

Yes to all three of those, actually, but I don't think this list is covering future releases yet so maybe for Senran Kagura and Tales of Hearts R at least they will be, not sure if Akiba is just an omission or needs work (I'm pretty sure it launched compatible with the Vita TV in Japan).

Oh, that's good. What about Freedom Wars?

Edit: Forgot SAO as well.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

univbee posted:

This too. (EDIT and SAO, both games are compatible in Japan) Not sure why SAO isn't on the compatibility list though, maybe it will need a patch?

It's pretty rare for a Vita game to not be Vita TV compatible in Japan unless it's designed in such a way that the touchscreen/camera are essential.

Excellent. I guess I am keeping my preorder after all!

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

AG3 posted:

According to this tweet it should be possible.

What I really wish for is multiple psn account login for PS TV akin to PS3. That way you could utilize Asian or Japanese PSN without reformatting.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Tales of Hearts R has been confirmed to work on Vita TV.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

BGrifter posted:

On a small screen like the Vita I wouldn't care, but on a TV set I think I'll pass on that. Maybe I'll scoop one cheap if the thing flops.

Just pretend you have Xbox One, problem solved! Also, a whole lot of new games coming out are neither 60fps nor 1080p.

AC - 900p/30frames, DAI - 30 frames, Evil Within - 30 frames, etc... Lets not pretend that even most of new gen games are that top notch on either resolution or framerate.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Good news on VC2. Keep meaning to do a playthrough on that and this will give me the incentive. I really hope though that SAO gets patched to work soon.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Is SKV compatible now?

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

The_Frag_Man posted:

Are you guys saying they sold under 800 units per week? Really? That's the floppiest flop to ever flop.

Hey, they beat Xbox One. It was a gripping victory, 800 to 600!

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

So SAO and SKV work really well with Vita TV. Played a bit of both yesterday. Dracula X seems to be broken still though.

In any case just need Ys, and g2g.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

flyboi posted:

Yes, Tales of Hearts R works fine with the PSTV and it's a great game

If only Bamco managed to actually ship it instead of delaying . That's ok though, not like I am playing anything else till VC1 is done.

Question, is Miku working on Vita TV? I have Miku 1 on Vita and PS3, but I figure if it works, I would just get Miku 2 on the Vita and call it a day.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Mr. Sunabouzu posted:

I'm really glad we've just decided to abbreviate that game as Miku at this point. Makes conversations way more entertaining.

Anyways yeah I think Miku 2 is confirmed to work on the vita tv.

Is that a bad thing? I mean, yeah, I could type out "Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd for PS Vita Sony Entertainment System", but why? Also, that's great. Any word if it's native res on the Vita?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

The_Frag_Man posted:

If you are in USA region I'd say it'd give you a lot. You'll get PS1/PSP/Vita games, which is pretty good but up to you if it appeals to you.
EU region gets a bit less for example no Xenogears.

You can play P3P, P4G, and follow up by some SAO. That would keep one busy for like 300+ hours.

• Locked thread