Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

jabro posted:

PS4 is wired but the PS TV will be wireless until I get off my lazy rear end and get all the other rooms wired. I expect delay on twitch response games since I'm used to Vita remote play, though if I did play CoD multi with it I'm sure my k/d won't see a difference. Mostly it would be for things like GTA and other games where I just want to chill in bed to play and not move my PS4.

Powerline ethernet adapters are pretty good these days. That's how I have my PSTV and PS4 wired and it's working great.

I just got the PSTV on Friday, more to mess around with than thinking it would be awesome. They're ~$80 "open box" on Amazon, FYI. I kinda love it. Being able to play PS4 in bed is rad. Being able to play Vita games on a TV is rad. The whole thing is rad and works better than I expected it to. That being said there is SOME lag on remote play though. Playing NBA2K15 via remote play made shot timing a bit off. Whoever said 2 seconds is insane and can't tell time at all though. It's a fraction of a second, enough to notice if you're looking for it, but really just feels like your reaction time is a bit slow. Basically it's what you would expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Akuma posted:

You think the lovely remote play could cope with a 5.1 surround signal? It barely functions as is.

Remote play works pretty well for me. I've been using it a lot lately. That being said, surround sound through it seems pretty ridiculous to me, but hey.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
Anyone play olliolli on their PSTV? It's on the compatibility list and even bundled with the UK PSTV, but when I try to run it I get an incompatible message. Any ideas?

• Locked thread