Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any chance Gravity Rush or Uncharted will get patched? You figured they would been working when the Vita TV came out, but it still not changed. Sucks since I remember Gravity Rush's only had touch screen use on some a dodge roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Was Final Fantasy III on the PSP on the Japanese list? I noticed it missing on the official site list, which feels odd since you figured none of the PSP/PS1 games would have issues.

I do hope the Playstation TV does have the option to remap buttons on the PS1 games. I saw video of someone using the Vita TV with a PS1 game, and it had the lame PS3 options of "analog and digital".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't understand. PS3 and 4 controllers are almost identical in layout to a PS1 controller. Why would you want to remap?

For PS1 games with odd button layout and don't have analog support.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So anyone in the US try out any games on the PS TV yet? I am curious if anything missing from the list work like the ones removed the other day or something that should be working like Final Fantasy III (PSP).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
univbee, could you test out controller options for the PS1 games. I mentioned it before, but I am curious if it lets you remap buttons and assign the dpad to the analog stick like the Vita does. I loved that option on the Vita, as by default a lot of the pre-DualShock 1 games don't let you use the analog stick for movement on the PS3 for example. Also it handy for those weird games that didn't get the Confirm/Cancel buttons swapped on the English release.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

It has options but I think maybe not as extensive as you're hoping for, I can "assign left stick" to the D-Pad, and can change "Switch mode" between analog and digital. This is just in Suikoden, though, do options depend on the game?

Well that's better then the PS3, which doesn't let you assign anything to the PS3 at all. The only games where remapping issues really are annoying is Vagrant Story, which has a really odd default control scheme.

I doubt they work, but has anyone tried something like Crash Bandicoot from the Whitelist goof?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Probably going to buy one today, but I wonder if the Vita TV ever got it's list updated on legacy games. I really hope that when they update the list of working games they fix the three PSP games that won't work, even if the only one I really wouldn't mind working is Final Fantasy III, as I got the HD version of Peace Walker and the PS+ copy of SotN.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got my Playstation TV and I'm quite happy with it. While it a shame there are some games not working, from the looks of it only four games on the memory card right now don't work, which I just move them to the bottom of the menu while it's in the unit. Surprise how good looking Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 looks on the thing, as I sold off my 360 copy when I sold the system and never bought a PS3 copy of it, so being able to play it on the big screen again is very nice. Also so glad that Crash/Spyro and Blood Omen do work on the thing after I got them put on the memory card back in April.

I mean it perfect, but the ability to play these games with a dualshock 4 and on the big screen is so much better. Playstation TV won't replace the Vita (which I kept), but it's a very nice accessory to have if you got one.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh and mark Lumines as incomparability, not that I am surprised as it had a stupid touch screen to start prompt. Dunno why they bother putting in a "digital touchpad" option if they just going to whitelist any game that requires touch screen.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

gibbed posted:

You can emulate the touchpad by holding the PS button and going to Settings to turn on "Use Touch Pointer" (is that what you meant by digital touchpad?). This is actually a combination of clicking L3 or R3 then using the touchpad on the DualShock4 (don't know about DualShock3).

Does Lumines actually start, or does it give the error that it is incompatible?

The "this software can't be used" error when launching it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

You can change options to interact with the touch screen to start a game. It's stupid, but it does work.

EDIT The hell? Are you sure you're patched? The English version was even compatible on the Vita TV at launch. Try re-downloading as well if you transferred it from an older Vita install.

It was from a old Vita install, so I will try that.

[edit] Downloading it now from the Playstation TV store, but noticed it gave me a "this software won't work on a Playstation TV" message. It finished downloading, but it still won't run.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 16, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I tried Spelunky with the Remote Play and on "High" and it was running pretty good on wifi for both systems, with a two second lag on inputs. Putting on Normal seem to remove the lag, but the picture got choppy if I moved the screen.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hooray at Final Fantasy III working now. Sadly Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles is still busted. Didn't try Peace Walker as I wasn't really wanting to redownload two gbs to see if it works or not.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I really regret buying this thing at launch. Figured it would be something that disappear in a week (like the Gamecube to WiiU adapter), instead it just a huge flop that went on sale rapidly.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh well, I do still use it a lot as it very useful for playing 2/3 of the Vita games I have along with all the PS1/PSP games I got. I prefer it for PS1 games since I can use my PS4 Dualshock 4 on it while also being able to map the dpad to the analog stick.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ineffiable posted:

A 60 dollar Vita TV is tempting. What happens of I switch the card between an actual Vita and a Vita TV? I have a 64 gig on my Vita and obviously due to reasons, I don't want to buy a second large memory stick.

I switch my 32 GB card between the Vita and PS TV all the time. It will just update the database, which reorganize the items and that's generally it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ineffiable posted:

drat, I'm really ocd so I don't want reorganizing.

Question, would it move items out of bubbles? I can start bubbling up everything and it might be okay.

The bubbles I use generally stay the same (except for anything that can't exist on the PS TV like the PS3 to Vita app) so that could work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

corn in the bible posted:

or portable ops. i guess people dont care about that one though

To be fair with the last one, you can't even put it on the Vita normally anyway. Still don't get the need for the whitelist, but least I still have the Crash and Spyro games on my Vita (and usable on the Vita TV).

• Locked thread