Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Curious to see if it will work with PS3 accessories like fightsticks and stuff.

Also want this in the US as soon as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

poo poo, for me, it's worth it alone for PS4 streaming if they patch it to let you use a Dual Shock 4 on the VitaTV. That way you could set up your PS4 on your big fancy living room TV, have the VitaTV in your bedroom to play PS4 games in bed without moving the console, and have your significant other laugh at you for being an alpha goon.

I have my PS4 set up in my office on a monitor for fighting games. I'd love to be able to stream to my large plasma tv in the living room. (For games where I don't need to worry about input lag or stuff.)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Can you use accessories with the USB device for PSOne Games?

I'm just curious, because I'd love to use my fightstick (that has PSX support) for old fighting games.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SurfinArbiter posted:

So far every topic about the Vita TV that I've seen on the internet after doing a search has either been about that topic with no answer or has had that question asked and nobody answered. So for now we just have to wait for someone to try I guess.

Ugh. They're put so many psp and vita fighting games on PS+, and this would be awesome for the PSP version of SFA3.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

univbee posted:

Unfortunately I just tried this with a PS3 fight stick (stock WWE Brawl stick) and it didn't work. None of the switch positions responded with joystick movements, and the buttons never did anything. Maybe if you had a stick that was based off a Dualshock 3/4 on a technical level it would work, though.

I've got 2 sticks with ps360+'s thrown in them, which supports PSOne, so I'm curious about that. I could see it not responding to a PS3 stick, though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The_Frag_Man posted:

I'm really looking forward to Vita gaming on the big screen. Can't wait!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3665393

Check out this thread to see what's coming then, it's on now!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'm really tempted to grab one of these even though I have no reason to.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

univbee posted:

I'm in hospital for a while (wife giving birth) so it'll be a while before I can confirm, possibly even days. I'm curious if physical cards work from a Japanese-bound unit.

oh poo poo, congrats dude!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

univbee posted:

Peace Walker PSP DOES NOT WORK

WHELP that blows

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

However, as a stupid question: Can you remote play Netflix/Youtube from a PS4 to the PSTV?

Can't do it on the Vita so I'm 100% sure it wont work.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

Got a quick question, if I want to remote play with a PS4 and I want to use a dual shock 4 does it recognize the control scheme for a DS4 or a vita? I ask because the controls for remote on a vita are usually modified to fit the game.

Rad Valtar posted:

Got a quick question, if I want to remote play with a PS4 and I want to use a dual shock 4 does it recognize the control scheme for a DS4 or a vita? I ask because the controls for remote on a vita are usually modified to fit the game.

I think ds4 but not 100% sure

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gibbed posted:

It'd be perfectly fine for turn-based stuff. It's only about a half-a-second to a second delay, which was enough to bug me in Destiny (which was my test case). The PS4 menus also lagged noticeably.

Games that are really dependent on low input lag- shooters, fighting games, and music games- are poo poo on remote play.

Turn based stuff is perfect for it though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

RadicalR posted:

I'm a bit confused. How can you transfer a bubble from a PS3 to a VitaTV?

Download it to the PS3
Copy it to a Vita using content manager
Pop out the memory card from the vita
put the vita memory card into the vitatv

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Callick posted:

So fighting games are pretty much out for this thing, right? I was considering getting one for the new Guilty Gear Xrd coming out on PS3 but I'm not sure if that game is going to be downloadable for the PSTV or not? Also only 1 USB port means I can't do 2 player local w/ fight sticks

FPSs and fighting games are pretty much out for Remote Play to PS4. I play FFXIV on my Vita with remote play and have a great time with it, though.

And yeah, fight sticks don't work, which loving suck. It'd be awesome to put all the PSX/PSP/Vita games on one of these and plug in my fightsticks, but nope.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Now I'm curious, can you plug a keyboard or a mouse into this thing for the PS4 remote play? Because if so that'd be really fun for FFXIV.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, if anyone could try it I'd be really interested to see. The PS4 recognizes a mouse as soon as you plug it in, but the only games I know work with it are War Thunder and FFXIV.

univbee posted:

I highly doubt it, especially in the context you're thinking. Although now I'm curious if the XIM4 would work with it...

I would think the XIM4 would, since it just shows up as a generic USB device, iirc. That could be a way to get fightsticks to work on it, for an insane price.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CrashCat posted:

The PSTV didn't recognize my USB wireless keyboard and mouse at all. I don't have a Bluetooth one so I can't test that out, but the keyboard portion of that might be an option. Since my PS4 is just in the other room, I was able to use the wireless keyboard with the receiver plugged into the PS4 while playing through the PSTV. It didn't seem any laggier than the remote play already does. The keyboard/touchpad functioned just the same in FF14 as before, because, well, it is the same.

I have too many devices on my network though, and something causes the connection to hitch. It's really annoying because every few moments the screen will freeze for an instant and the music will cut out. I would probably not actually play this way unless I rearranged my cables so that the PS4 and PSTV were on the same switch instead of having a few hops in between them (I've got a switch in each room plus the router tying them together).

The combination of the downscaling to 720p and my PSTV being on a much smaller TV also made things hard to read. You can of course readjust the UI in FF14 somewhat to compensate but you start to run uo against the issue of screen real estate, and no matter what size you pick some elements stubbornly remain small.

So with a really long wireless k/m connection and an uncluttered network you could possibly enjoy playing FF14 from the other room. I'm not going to bother with it with my setup though.

Thanks for testing this out, I was just really curious if it would work or not.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

How is the video lag for you? I found Um Jammer Lammy to be almost unplayable on PS3, but I was never sure if it was my TV's fault (which otherwise has no noticeable input lag) or the PS3 scaling.

It's your TVs fault. It plays perfectly on a regular Vita, and on my monitor (that I bought just for the low input lag)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

rizuhbull posted:

Anyone recording gameplay from this thing or hooking it up to their monitor and not a tv?

It's HDCP protected, so you can't just toss in through an elgato or a hdpvr2 unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKuU_y18MWg

see at 1:30 of this insanely annoying video.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

So with the price cut at gamestop/amazon I'm thinking of grabbing one, for pretty much the sole purpose of homebrew/cfw stuff for it- anyone know what firmware the NA version ships with?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

univbee posted:

I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that they ship with 3.18, which means very very few physical card games would work (and downloads wouldn't be an option since you'd need to update to get to the store). Make drat sure the CFW works with a PSTV, though.

Yeah, I've been reading up on Wololo and stuff. Honestly half of it is just that it's such a weird item that I can't see it staying on the market long, and it'd be a cool thing to try some of the homebrew stuff on while keeping my regular Vita good for remote play (which is pretty much 90% of what I use it for these days)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wrong thread!

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 26, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I_Like_Me posted:

Exchanged my Vita TV today, and this one works perfectly fine. Go figure, I am worried about doing the update though. Wondering if the update is what broke it. I have to update it to do things like remote play though don't I?

yeah, it won't connect unless you're at the most current fw version

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Yechezkel posted:

gamestop.com (online only) : PSTV $40, available May 28

i grabbed one. 40 bucks, why not

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

RadicalR posted:

...This is going to be one of those *hidden gems* consoles in a youtube video 5-6 years from now.

i bought one because of this. It's such a weird thing for Sony to release and the way it's going its looking like the retailers are dumping it, and I figure it's the last time I'd be able to grab one before they disappear and you see them on youtube for $100 bucks

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I guess the InPin converter works on the PSTV, so you can use an arcade stick on one now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkb3TmXnMSc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Hmmmm the non-bundle PS TVs are down to $29.99 and the last one left is open box so it's $27. Anyone want to sell me on it when I've already got a Vita? If it covered Netflix it'd be perfect for the bedroom TV, but without I... uh... might use it to alternate playing FFX between my Vita and TV? (Are saves cross platform?)

if nothing else it's the cheapest way to get into the possible future vita homebrew stuff

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

What's the cheapest place to find a 8gb memory card these days?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

univbee posted:

Dang, two of the "from PS3" transfer games, Sega Genesis Collection and Gradius Collection, don't work on PSTV. I have a sneaking suspicion the two Capcom PSP Collections are the same but I don't own them, can anyone who does confirm?

gently caress give me a bit and i will check for you man

edit: ok so they have to be transferred from a PS3 and my poo poo is packed up from the move and its not on my Vita atm sorry man

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 18, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Is there a list of Vita games that don't normally work on the Vita TV? I only ask because of the whitelist hack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I still can't launch SFxT without an error message but Peace Walker works fine

kinda irks me since that's what Mr.Gas used to show it off

• Locked thread