Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

smoobles posted:

I thought of a funny joke: What do MH370 and Bernie Sanders' shot at the White House have in common?

both are from Vermont?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

guys, i thought i found the plane earlier but it turned out it was my keys

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Ratjaculation posted:

guys, i thought i found the plane earlier but it turned out it was my keys

:(

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

another one is gone guys

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/18/europe/russia-plane-crash/index.html

but at least we know where this one is I guess?

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

smoobles posted:

I thought of a funny joke: What do MH370 and Bernie Sanders' shot at the White House have in common?

Chinatown posted:

Both are definitely still gone, guys.

:golfclap:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Crusty Nutsack posted:

another one is gone guys

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/18/europe/russia-plane-crash/index.html

but at least we know where this one is I guess?

In Soviet Russia, Russia lands you... hard...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

smoobles posted:

They are both going to exist by 2017. lol

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

EXCLUSIVE footage from latest crash (just add more vodka bottles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_6de4Tdaw

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Chinatown what was the BAC of the Russian Pilot?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Chinatown what was the BAC of the Russian Pilot?

I will fill in for Chinatown. The BAC test results of the Russian pilot are mysteriously missing.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Alleged video:

https://twitter.com/khalidkhan787/status/711010449920290816

They're saying it might have been a hurricane force wind gust but I think it was a really good mh370 impression/prank that went terribly wrong. Remember pranks are dangerous

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ethanol posted:

Alleged video:

They're saying it might have been a hurricane force wind gust but I think it was a really good mh370 impression/prank that went terribly wrong. Remember pranks are dangerous

russian dashcam videos are the best.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ethanol posted:

Alleged video:

Reported as crashing on a second landing attempt during bad weather, and video of a fireball dropping out of the sky, don't really jive with each other, unless they hosed up and damaged something during the first landing attempt.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

XK posted:

Reported as crashing on a second landing attempt during bad weather, and video of a fireball dropping out of the sky, don't really jive with each other, unless they hosed up and damaged something during the first landing attempt.

It's gone.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm pretty sure the plane is not on fire before it hits the ground but it does look like it is rolled over which would explain why it's literally dropping out of the sky.

Russian news says the plane's tail clipped he runway, which is one hell of an understatement of that video is real

ethanol fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 19, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ethanol posted:

I'm pretty sure the plane is not on fire before it hits the ground but it does look like it is rolled over which would explain why it's literally dropping out of the sky.

Russian news says the plane's tail clipped he runway, which is one hell of an understatement of that video is real

My first impression from the video is that it's a fireball, but after watching the poo poo quality video a few more times, you are possibly correct about it not being on fire and it's just aviation lights getting blown out by a crap surveillance system in night-time mode.

I don't know how you can make any guess as to its orientation based on that video. Either way, it wasn't any kind of slight overage, it hit the ground like a sack of bricks.

XK fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 19, 2016

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

XK posted:

My first impression from the video is that it's a fireball, but after watching the poo poo quality video a few more times, you are possibly correct about it not being on fire and it's just aviation lights getting blown out by a crap surveillance system in night-time mode.

I don't know how you can make any guess as to its orientation based on that video.

judging by the size of the fireball, it looks like you can see three sets of aviation lights, with the top and bottom lights being each wingtip, indicating from that perspective the plane is rolled perpendicular to the ground. could be wrong though, the video is too low res to be certain.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ethanol posted:

Alleged video:

how do you know the plane crashed and didnl't like fly into the time travel portal made by Bill and Ted as they were on a wacky adventure.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

ethanol posted:

judging by the size of the fireball, it looks like you can see three sets of aviation lights, with the top and bottom lights being each wingtip, indicating from that perspective the plane is rolled perpendicular to the ground. could be wrong though, the video is too low res to be certain.

Yeah, the two outward light sources do appear to be wingtip lights, which does look like a sideways orientation, the center light is what looks weird. Due to the trees, can't tell if it's a belly light, tail light, or fire.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think if all the other planes crash then the only one left will be MH370. Does this make sense to you guys? It makes sense to me

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
"Crashed during a landing attempt."

Do Russian planes normally attempt to land like that -- plunging out of the sky towards the runway at a 45-degree angle?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Do Russian planes normally attempt to land like that -- plunging out of the sky towards the runway at a 45-degree angle?

Da.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Chinatown... was on the plane guys...

Hes gone.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
what the heck is going on in this thread its 2 years old

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Putty posted:

what the heck is going on in this thread its 2 years old

chinatown has delivered us up to the minute reports on MH370's gone or not gone status for over two years he is an asset to these forums :911:

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Entire multinational searches have given up on this plane, but Chinatown is out there every day. He is the shining beacon of hope for hundreds of families.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Just seeing some reports that they've located the flight recorders. Early assessment is that they're heavily damaged.

The ones for the plane in Russia of course. MH370 will probably never be found.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The ones for the plane in Russia of course. MH370 will probably never be found.

Has it still not been found?

Chinatown can you c/d?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its definitely still gone, guys.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

Thank you for this update.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Chinatown posted:

Quoted for loving truth

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Chinatown posted:

show me proof that you dont know where it is

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Happy Sisyphus posted:

show me proof that you dont know where it is

i work in an office in california and dont know where it is

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Chinatown posted:

i work in an office in california and dont know where it is

okay at least i know it isnt in your office that is comforting thank you

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

it isnt at my office either

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I'm wondering if someone has it in their storage space, but they forgot to pay the bill so it'll be found by one of the guys on Storage Wars.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Kilo147 posted:

I'm wondering if someone has it in their storage space, but they forgot to pay the bill so it'll be found by one of the guys on Storage Wars.

Shut up

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They were russian to get on the ground.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
it's still mostly gone

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35859833

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I think in that video it's already bounced off the runway and isn't flying straight into the ground like it looks. Really difficult to tell exactly without some context though.

• Locked thread