Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Five minutes left. Could this actually be a two-parter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

Oh poo poo, this is it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man Spike is showing COPS again?

bondster
May 6, 2007

Holy loving poo poo gently caress this owner to all hell

Giving a raise to hurt an employee what the gently caress.

Bouncer dude is loving great

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Holy fuuuuuuuck.

This is way worst than Headhunters. Surprised that they seem to keep the place relatively clean.

And of course they fired the bouncer and re-hired the manager.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Probably Infected posted:

Haha, the bar is doing a live stream of them watching the episode!

Gonna do a full recap of the goings-on after the episode.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hitth...=20140323184233

Quoting for the new page, they're about to interview the owners.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

RIP Syck

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The sound quality on that live stream is too horrendous for me (Edit: Because the guy is filming with his laptop), if someone feel like recapping it that'd be awesome.

So... The fight was fake?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Probably Infected posted:

Haha, the bar is doing a live stream of them watching the episode!

Gonna do a full recap of the goings-on after the episode.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hitth...=20140323184233

That would have been nice to have during the episode

Garbo
May 30, 2011
This is my first episode of To Catch A Contractor but im enjoying the hell out of it so far.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Well, what can you really say? People like that are content on being who they are.

If it wasn't for the Bar Rescue publicity, Piratz would probably stay open on the few locals they got until the landlords kicked them out. And this place will probably stay open until greater forces close the doors.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If someone wants to watch the ustream and do commentary on it that would be great, but I can't stand it. I don't want to watch any more of these people tonight.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So how did the second fight get filmed(the one with the male owner and the bartender)? At one point you have taffer reviewing criminal records and then he goes and shows a videotape of the fight?

Edit: and gently caress trying to watch that stream.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice

Gaunab posted:

That would have been nice to have during the episode

Wish I had found it earlier. Oh well.

Interested to see if they actually discuss the show in any serious manner. I doubt it though.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If their rationale for the fighting is that "well we're all like family and sometimes family fights" then that says everything you need to know about them.

As far as a walkout episode goes, it was pretty entertaining, but not quite as good as Amy's Baking Company.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

nwin posted:

So how did the second fight get filmed(the one with the male owner and the bartender)? At one point you have taffer reviewing criminal records and then he goes and shows a videotape of the fight?

Yeah seriously that doesn't make any sense.

Unless it happened while the camera had already started following the staff, and he didn't bring it up before because...

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

nwin posted:

You know, it is kind of suspicious considering it was filmed as if Taffer's crew did it, yet he supposedly didn't know about it.

Who really knows what's real and what's fake, but I'll say this - even if it's 100% fabricated, the fact that they would allow themselves to be presented in such a way doesn't speak much better to their character.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

They went in the back room and interviewed Dave and Karen. The two of them basically said that their place is nice, everyone's treated right, etc. etc. Not really any "behind the scenes" worthy bits.

Supposedly that stream is going back tomorrow to shoot more footage.

iastudent fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 24, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Didn't see this posted:

quote:

New York, NY, March 21, 2014 – Spike TV has greenlit 20 more episodes of the network’s popular original series, “Bar Rescue” starring renowned bar and nightlife expert Jon Taffer. From the producers of ABC’s “Extreme Weight Loss” and Syfy’s “Opposite Worlds,” the series follows Taffer as he utilizes his nearly three decades of experience in the restaurant, bar and nightclub business to help give failing establishments one last chance to transform themselves into profitable businesses.
The new season will debut on Spike TV this fall.

Also this...

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
According to Jon's Twitter he's heard from Syck since they recorded that and he's doing good.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm sure we'll all eventually find out that the bar burned down after one of those scumbag owners fell asleep in the office with a lit cigarette in their hand. What a bunch of assholes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah seriously that doesn't make any sense.

Unless it happened while the camera had already started following the staff, and he didn't bring it up before because...

That whole fight seemed staged. You'd have to be incredibly, monumentally stupid to know there's a camera filming your words and actions, and then put out a cash bounty on another human being. And that footage sure as hell seemed way too crisp and HD (not to mention well framed) to be some sort of hidden camera.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My memory is shaky, but Taffer got it from a police thing, right? I assumed some friend of theirs was recording it or something and it got confiscated as evidence.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
It could have been in police reports and the producers asked them to recreate it, which of course they did because they are idiots wanting to be famous.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gonz posted:

That whole fight seemed staged. You'd have to be incredibly, monumentally stupid to know there's a camera filming your words and actions, and then put out a cash bounty on another human being. And that footage sure as hell seemed way too crisp and HD (not to mention well framed) to be some sort of hidden camera.

Well really, that seems to go for most of the "hidden camera footage" on this show, because nobody believes he's really watching this stuff in real time from his circa-1990 Radio Shack TV screen in his car, right?

I'm sure large parts of this show are fabricated, but I doubt it's anything on the level of Mystery Diners or anything, which is just hilariously fake from top to bottom.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Even without the criminal shenanigans and his bailing on the remodeling, Taffer was right. Those two were EXACTLY the kind of people who would let him walk in there with his experts and his construction crew, change everything there is to change about the bar, and then 2 weeks later, they would have reverted the name back to O Face.

Because they're dunces who don't deserve nice things.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

I'm sure large parts of this show are fabricated, but I doubt it's anything on the level of Mystery Diners or anything, which is just hilariously fake from top to bottom.

Much less the car dealership rescue show. I watched one episode and every frame dripped fakeness.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

WickedHate posted:

Much less the car dealership rescue show. I watched one episode and every frame dripped fakeness.

Lizard Lick Towing and it's stint on the other show where it was a "quirky part".

And pretty much all of Hardcore Pawn too. That show makes Detroit look shittier than it is, and the family squabble is pathetic

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I've said it before, but if it's a show on TruTV, it's guaranteed to be 100% scripted/contrived, and all the "real people" are actors wearing hidden portable mics.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X1bc4kNLHI

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I... umm.... wow. :stare:

Anyways, in regards to last night, I'm not surprised at all they'd want their own rendition of Amy's Baking Company, especially with how they were hyping it up. It's another thing though to find a bunch of sad sacks willing to cooperate in making that happen.

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
Casting for drama is going to do bad things to the shows longterm quality though

Bahumaut
Apr 6, 2009
Now I just want Taffer to do a TV Rescue TV show, and he will yell at the host and producers. "What do you mean you didn't get anything scripted! No wonder you are failing, you are not giving us enough Drama."

1JoshI
Nov 2, 2011

Bahumaut posted:

Now I just want Taffer to do a TV Rescue TV show, and he will yell at the host and producers. "What do you mean you didn't get anything scripted! No wonder you are failing, you are not giving us enough Drama."

Heh, "Reality Show Rescue" would make a good SNL skit.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If we're thinking about SNL skits based off of Bar Rescue, how about Bar Rescue Rescue, where Jon Taffer busts in on all the old episodes of Bar Rescue that are boring to rewatch and tries to spice them up for maximum entertainment value?

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
O-face is a terrible name for a bar and when Taffer said the owner would put the name back after he left, i knew this would a fail especially after the stress test. Those pizzas were terrible and the owners/mangers beating up the staff is totally messed up.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

I'm sure we'll all eventually find out that the bar burned down after one of those scumbag owners fell asleep in the office with a lit cigarette in their hand. What a bunch of assholes.
The bartender breathing fire was scary as hell. If the flames touched that low ceiling it could ignite and set the whole place on fire in seconds.
I don't even understand how a double wide trailer could get a liquor license. :iiam:

Even though it made for an unfinished rescue I was glad to see Taffer walk out of that place without wasting any more time and effort.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Scoreboard to Death

Jon visits a subpar sports bar that's failing due to ownership issues and an undertrained staff. Maria Menounos and Adam Carolla are guests.

E: Fffff, I went to add episode links to the OP and the Spike site has the newest episodes listed under "season 3". For reference, season 3 according to them is at 33 episodes, 3 times more than seasons 1 or 2, and the season premiere was over a year ago. :negative:

iastudent fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 30, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

That's the one with the guy from Catch a Contractor, right?

Goddamn that show is boring. "Hey dude you didn't finish this bathroom." "Nah..." "Well you gonna finish it?" "...I guess?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbo
May 30, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

That's the one with the guy from Catch a Contractor, right?

Goddamn that show is boring. "Hey dude you didn't finish this bathroom." "Nah..." "Well you gonna finish it?" "...I guess?"

Yup. Other notable achievements: saying women aren't funny, hosting a radio show, waking up every morning wondering how he and Jimmy Kimmel both went such different paths.

• Locked thread