Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

"The peak of enjoyment behind closed doors."

Episode is already awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Wow it's literally a double wide

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Sometimes I think he's exaggerating about the bar being visible to traffic but goddamn, I wouldn't have guessed it was a bar.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
This is the kind of bar I wasn't sure I'd ever see on Bar Rescue.

A little local hovel sticking out with nothing around it, not an actual business building, just a small step above being a trailer, with a bunch of junk and darkness inside, where 90% of the drinks are probably just beer.

Looks a lot bigger in the inside, I'll give it that.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Hearing them saying O'Face repeatedly is hilarious.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
"#TAFFERWALKS"

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

"We got a fight!"

I'd like to take this moment to say I haven't been more glad that I don't live on that side of the state. :v:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Holy poo poo, cat fight

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Fiiiiiight!

I'm not sure why Taffer would agree to rescue a bar like this.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Doesn't look like much of a fight, looks like the manager girl getting her in a headlock and shoving her down.

"They're beating the hell out of each other!" as she pushes her slightly.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 24, 2014

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

If he walks here, it's pretty telling considering the ones he stayed on to complete.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
This has got to be 99% manufactured but Im still enjoying the hell out of this episode.

-edit- Well I did not see that coming.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Wait they are going to fire the only competent employee? What the gently caress?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

What the gently caress? :psyduck:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Can't wait to see how pissed Taffer gets.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Wow, that's some hosed up poo poo.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
He isn't the hero this bar wants, but he's the hero it needs. John Taffer is...Barman

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I was about to ask why you would even want to stick around in a hole like that, but then I think that's probably the best thing she's got goin'.

Not the first time Taffer threatened to walk out due to an immediate ultimatum. I remember him nearing leaving after they refused to entertain the idea of changing the name of Angry Ham's Garage (of course they changed it back post-show.)

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That was really fake-looking but whatever, this is still wildly entertaining theater.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

CVagts posted:

That was really fake-looking but whatever, this is still wildly entertaining theater.

Yeah that last cut looked fake as hell. The bar still looks like a hilarious shitshow even weeding out the terrible manufactured stuff, though.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Holy poo poo this co-owner

"I do everything for this bar!" *sits at the bar and rings a bell for shots*

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Cold stress test. :getin:

Garbo
May 30, 2011
10 bucks that Amanda comes back at the end which is what sends Taffer walking out

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Man. This place is an absolute mess.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Some of Taffer's dialogue seems like it was retaped in post.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Haha, those pizzas. And they're losing them.

E: Remind me to get a pic of Taffer's "Karen face"

bondster
May 6, 2007

Need a screencap or .gif of Taffer pouty face

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Haha. These people are hilariously awful.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Grabbed this off Twitter; feel free to get a better quality one later.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh your face, I remember your face! :downs:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"Oh, your face!"

:bang:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Holy poo poo, Taffer turned that around real fast haha.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

:lol: Now all of a sudden the biggest problem is security. This episode is ridiculous.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Its pretty drat sad that the only one who gives a poo poo about this bar is the loving bouncer.

Bouncer dude owns and deserves better than these pieces of shits.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Taffer needs to set Cerissa and Syck up with their own bar or something.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Am I supposed to feel sympathy for the girl who got her rear end beat and then fired (and then brought back)? I don't think so, since she's back there gossiping with the rest of them. I think she has potential, like if she was thrown in a real bar, she could be taught.

Bouncer is cool though and I hope he finds greener pastures.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I'm not sure how you even save that bar in the first place. I mean, it's a double-wide. What's he gonna do? Put a cool mural on the front?

I'm really wondering if they set this episode up knowing it would fail. Forget the staff, the location's bad, the building's bad, there's no food service ... would it really survive even if Taffer poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into it?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

CVagts posted:

Am I supposed to feel sympathy for the girl who got her rear end beat and then fired (and then brought back)? I don't think so, since she's back there gossiping with the rest of them. I think she has potential, like if she was thrown in a real bar, she could be taught.

Bouncer is cool though and I hope he finds greener pastures.

I would watch a sitcom starring bouncer, Liz from last week, and entire staff of Headhunters.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Haha, the bar is doing a live stream of them watching the episode!

Gonna do a full recap of the goings-on after the episode.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hitth...=20140323184233

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

OmegaBR posted:

I'm not sure how you even save that bar in the first place. I mean, it's a double-wide. What's he gonna do? Put a cool mural on the front?

I'm really wondering if they set this episode up knowing it would fail. Forget the staff, the location's bad, the building's bad, there's no food service ... would it really survive even if Taffer poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into it?

Maybe his renovation will be to burn the place down.

• Locked thread