Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

CVagts posted:

If we're thinking about SNL skits based off of Bar Rescue, how about Bar Rescue Rescue, where Jon Taffer busts in on all the old episodes of Bar Rescue that are boring to rewatch and tries to spice them up for maximum entertainment value?

Mr. Show did something like that:

http://youtu.be/m6fSZH9ASQo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Glad Taffer walked out of that bar. I was thinking he would do a Marcus "The Profit" Lemonis thing and demand 51% control of the bar to keep the idiots from changing the name back, but even that seemed stupid and then I just kept wondering why he would help such lovely people.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Glad Taffer walked out of that bar. I was thinking he would do a Marcus "The Profit" Lemonis thing and demand 51% control of the bar to keep the idiots from changing the name back, but even that seemed stupid and then I just kept wondering why he would help such lovely people.

He would be insane to ever want a stake in any of the places he helps on his show. Least of all that shithole.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

raditts posted:

He would be insane to ever want a stake in any of the places he helps on his show. Least of all that shithole.

Seriously, most of those places are going under no matter what. I think it was Anthony Bourdain in Kitchen Confidential that basically said that by the time the consultants start showing up, the restaurant is going to wrap up pretty much no matter what.

Stand-Up Scottsdale is on rerun right now, and goddamn the manager's glasses are terrible.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

FrozenVent posted:

Stand-Up Scottsdale is on rerun right now, and goddamn the manager's glasses are terrible.

Haha, that's pretty much all I remember about that ep. Well, and that he was Douchebag Actual.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
They're reshowing O Face right now and it is like 1000% funnier the second time around

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Bumper spoiler: Bugs in bottles!

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Somehow, we're not bringing in customers. Huh, weird. Welp, guess we just keep doin what we're doin.

-edit- Woah woah woah woah woah, 5 jobs? What the christ?

Garbo fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 31, 2014

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

HAHA all in reference

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That "all in" callback makes me just miss Joseph Brooke. :(

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

WOW. 2012!?!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Stunned Gasp!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Have they ever done celebrity poo poo like this before? It seems like they are just going directly for ratings now. That coupled with the 'let's completely embarrass the owners in front of everyone' seems a bit different than before.

Garbo
May 30, 2011

nwin posted:

Have they ever done celebrity poo poo like this before? It seems like they are just going directly for ratings now. That coupled with the 'let's completely embarrass the owners in front of everyone' seems a bit different than before.

They did the public shaming with Headhunters, which, you know, made sense because holy christ Headhunters. It feels like theyre just chasing that high over and over again.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Just FYI there is a 10+ person fight going on right now at Angry Ham's (one of the bars from Season 1)

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Don't get me wrong-I love me some over the top Taffer, but it just seems phoned in.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Kilonum posted:

Just FYI there is a 10+ person fight going on right now at Angry Ham's (one of the bars from Season 1)

Awesome. Is there a vid anywhere, or at least live reporting?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Kilonum posted:

What's the cause?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Gaunab posted:

What's the cause?

They are disappointed that they had no celebrities at their Bar Rescue.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

CVagts posted:

Awesome. Is there a vid anywhere, or at least live reporting?

Just heard it on my scanner.

Gaunab posted:

What's the cause?

In this town, probably just someone having too much to drink and being looked at funny and then once it started the friends joined in instead of breaking it up.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Oh boy I can't wait for the vaguely racist bar remake considering they're leaning on "LATIN AMERICA" so much.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Sweet-buying a Swiffer will take care of my dirty bar!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It is kinda funny that Maria Menuonos jumped at the chance to do some recon, and it ended up with her and the other guy eating and drinking nasty poo poo and being grossed out about it. Like what could you expect would happen.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Seriously, I'm thinking this episode will end with "Stay Tuned to enter the Taffer Sweepstakes-A chance to be recon on the next episode of Bar Rescue!"

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Someone's about to get their tequila degree.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Hahah "you're going to mexico!" hard cut to comercial. Thank god everyone will get uneven training, this won't be a problem.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Garbo posted:

Hahah "you're going to mexico!" hard cut to comercial. Thank god everyone will get uneven training, this won't be a problem.

Hey man, if you've never been to Ireland you don't even deserve so much as to look at a pint of Guinness. :colbert:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
According to Taffer, that video from O Face wasn't staged and it was legit. Kids these days with their cell phone cameras will capture everything.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Oil! posted:

According to Taffer, that video from O Face wasn't staged and it was legit. Kids these days with their cell phone cameras will capture everything.

That's pretty interesting if true. drat good quality and right person at the right time apparently....still not buying it.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Garbo posted:

At least they sent the two guys that were most on top of their poo poo. Even though during recon the guy put soda in a margarita :wtc:

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Yeah, a giant rear end business is absolutely run off the back of 2 dudes and a mule.

-edit- Hey look its another celebrity. Does this show really have so low of a budget that they have to co market the poo poo out of this show? And couldnt it of been anyone but Adam Carolla?

Garbo fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 31, 2014

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Are you loving kidding me?

Edit: And stay tuned for my lovely contractor show next!

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Yea this definitely feels like reaching. The show doesn't need this

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
It's weird when they have a comedian on. The laughter from the staff is always so forced.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I don't have a twitter account. Someone ask #Taffertalks "Why the gently caress are you doing this to the show?"

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The jokes were almost more forced than the laughter.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Wait they're in California and they don't have, like, a fajita or basic taco on the menu? That isn't "latin american" fare, thats basic southern california fare that you can probably get at a ton of socal restaurants (or, you know, a taco bell).

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Garbo posted:

Wait they're in California and they don't have, like, a fajita or basic taco on the menu? That isn't "latin american" fare, thats basic southern california fare that you can probably get at a ton of socal restaurants (or, you know, a taco bell).

Yeah, it was pretty funny when he was like 'This is PICO DE GALLO'

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I hope the new name of the restaurant is el guiso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garbo
May 30, 2011

nwin posted:

Yeah, it was pretty funny when he was like 'This is PICO DE GALLO'

"This is a TOR-TEE-AH. You very often put BEE-EANS on them!"

-edit- That name is somehow both better and worse than what I expected.

Garbo fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 31, 2014

• Locked thread