Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

T Fowl posted:

WHY IS THIS SHOW SUCH A GUILTY PLEASURE?!

43.3% of men 19-35 have a butt funnel fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

What happens if you install a butt funnel in a gay bar?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

This made me realize that they've had a good variation of different bar types: metal, gay, pub, sports, theme, country, biker.

Glad that it's back!!!

Bacon, zombie...

Wait those aren't bar types as they are terrible one-off ideas.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

...Steampunk...

In that case that was an improvement, but then so would have been burning the place down, salting the ground and using it to bury nuclear waste.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Wow they're really going to speed up the Reno and reopening sequence.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

Ha-ha, zero stats on how their sales are.

25 new members (ie, 25 new potential customers) a month seems really low, too.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Doggboat posted:

I thought the same at first, but now I think getting out of there was by far the better option.

Seriously. The original deal was loving her over royally.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Are they pretty much just re-airing Headhunters weekly at this point?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

:stare: Taffer gonna flip his poo poo.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Sometimes I think he's exaggerating about the bar being visible to traffic but goddamn, I wouldn't have guessed it was a bar.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Holy fuuuuuuuck.

This is way worst than Headhunters. Surprised that they seem to keep the place relatively clean.

And of course they fired the bouncer and re-hired the manager.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The sound quality on that live stream is too horrendous for me (Edit: Because the guy is filming with his laptop), if someone feel like recapping it that'd be awesome.

So... The fight was fake?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

nwin posted:

So how did the second fight get filmed(the one with the male owner and the bartender)? At one point you have taffer reviewing criminal records and then he goes and shows a videotape of the fight?

Edit: and gently caress trying to watch that stream.

Yeah seriously that doesn't make any sense.

Unless it happened while the camera had already started following the staff, and he didn't bring it up before because...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

That's the one with the guy from Catch a Contractor, right?

Goddamn that show is boring. "Hey dude you didn't finish this bathroom." "Nah..." "Well you gonna finish it?" "...I guess?"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

raditts posted:

He would be insane to ever want a stake in any of the places he helps on his show. Least of all that shithole.

Seriously, most of those places are going under no matter what. I think it was Anthony Bourdain in Kitchen Confidential that basically said that by the time the consultants start showing up, the restaurant is going to wrap up pretty much no matter what.

Stand-Up Scottsdale is on rerun right now, and goddamn the manager's glasses are terrible.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Goddamn To Catch a Contractor is a terrible show. Most reality shows try to be somewhat subtle about how much effort they put into fabricating drama.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The front page has a google map thing on it, you click that and you end up with a street view of the place...

I don't think the show mentioned that it's across the street from a railway switching yard.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Who buys a cocktail in a loving biker bar anyway?

I don't get this show's obsession with mixed drinks; it seems like I almost never see people having them when I'm out.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Holy gently caress that maintenance guy :stare:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I don't get it, she stole a sweatshirt? Did they just have it laying on the bar?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Insert weekly expression of disbelief at Stand-up Scottsdale's manager's glasses.

You'd think by now I'd be over them, but every other week I'm reminded of how loving terrible they are. It's hard to be the most noticeable thing in an episode with a bartender named Brandy Beaver.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

"That's the kind of chair you sit on, and when you get up you're pregnant."

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Love her face of concentration as she struggles to figure out the hookah, it's amazing.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The only bar on a cruise ship that is "Cruise ship themed" is the crew bar, and the only reason to hang out there is because the drinks are a buck each.

Edit: Why is Catch a Contractor still on?

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 28, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

quote:

It is unknown why the bar is closing, though its mixed beverage tax receipts with the state comptroller’s office show it was only reporting a few thousand dollars in business most months.

The bar, which has been open at least since the mid-‘90s, is a longtime official venue during South By Southwest and featured music on its inside and outside stages. Even so, its receipts for March, which is the busiest bar month of the year in Austin because of SXSW business, showed not quite $5,500 of business for the month.

Holy poo poo. They're an official SXSW location and they only managed to rake in $5,500 while that went on?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

gently caress that nacho cheese.

I'm experiencing some intestinal distress. I came back to the living room just as she upended that can on the counter. I left the living room.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

:stare: Yeah I'm watching this.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

CAT FIGHT!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Headhunter's closed - http://www.barrescueupdates.com/2014/05/bar-rescues-metal-lace-headhunters-has.html

Anyone remember the to-do over how expensive the to-go cups for Spirits on Bourbon were? I seem to remember people saying the empty cups were like $30 wholesale, does anyone have a source on that?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Yeah that's why I said Spirits on Bourbon.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Not only that, looks like it's a mid-bar butt funnel!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It's not so much a butt funnel as it is a butt gauntlet.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Ok now I wanna see those eHarmony commercials redone to feature he butt funnel, with Taffer replacing that old guy. Look at all these happy couples that are still going strong after ten years of marriage, thanks to Butt Funnel!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

jscolon2.0 posted:

Big Smo of "MT Bottles" fame is getting his own TV show on A&E.

The funniest thing about that is that if you Google the guy, all that comes out is his official website and articles about the reality show.

Real famous that one.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

So did anyone catch the Big Smo show? I'd completely forgot about it until I saw a commercial on A&E just now.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I mean, that mushroom was one of the most baffling thing I've ever seen. The mushroom wasn't really visually repulsive, but holy gently caress, how do you not notice a giant loving mushroom in your walk in?

That walk-in was suspiciously empty, from what I recall. As if they'd had it condemned for a while or something.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

We must be watching the same rerun.

Anybody else get the feeling that the staff was getting paid under the table, instead of just not paid at all? There's a couple of things that the owner says that would only make sense under that optic, but... The guy's not exactly making sense in other areas.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

He probably just charges the owners for whatever renos he does; isn't that pretty much the restaurant consultant business model anyway?

Here's a thing Taffer wrote about consulting fees - http://m.nightclub.com/q-what-average-management-fee-a-barrestaurant-consultant

So just to get him to look at your poo poo, you're looking at five figures. He's probably not rescuing the kind of indebted shitholes we see on the show.

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 4, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

There's percentage based fees afterwards, but just the first look and set up is 10-50k. I'm fairly sure that comes without any guarantees, but obviously his customers aren't the shirts how's we've seen on the show, there's no way Piratez could have shelled out 10k... And if they had they might have given it a fair try.

It's similar to how consulting works in other industries as well, except most of them bill hourly. Generally if you can afford to hire a consulting firm to pull you out of trouble, you ain't in that much trouble yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

That's seriously the saddest bar they've ever done.

Those handwritten signs :smith:

• Locked thread