Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't know if there's a butt funnel big enough to save this bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Vintimus Prime posted:

Uh oh. The preview for next episode, is Taffer finally going to walk out on a rescue?

Half the previews threaten him walking out. I haven't seen the preview, but I sincerely doubt he's going to walk.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I can already tell why Taffer's going to walk out on this bar, but I am interested in watching it unfold.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Fiiiiiight!

I'm not sure why Taffer would agree to rescue a bar like this.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That was really fake-looking but whatever, this is still wildly entertaining theater.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Some of Taffer's dialogue seems like it was retaped in post.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Grabbed this off Twitter; feel free to get a better quality one later.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Am I supposed to feel sympathy for the girl who got her rear end beat and then fired (and then brought back)? I don't think so, since she's back there gossiping with the rest of them. I think she has potential, like if she was thrown in a real bar, she could be taught.

Bouncer is cool though and I hope he finds greener pastures.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If someone wants to watch the ustream and do commentary on it that would be great, but I can't stand it. I don't want to watch any more of these people tonight.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If their rationale for the fighting is that "well we're all like family and sometimes family fights" then that says everything you need to know about them.

As far as a walkout episode goes, it was pretty entertaining, but not quite as good as Amy's Baking Company.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If we're thinking about SNL skits based off of Bar Rescue, how about Bar Rescue Rescue, where Jon Taffer busts in on all the old episodes of Bar Rescue that are boring to rewatch and tries to spice them up for maximum entertainment value?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That "all in" callback makes me just miss Joseph Brooke. :(

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Kilonum posted:

Just FYI there is a 10+ person fight going on right now at Angry Ham's (one of the bars from Season 1)

Awesome. Is there a vid anywhere, or at least live reporting?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It is kinda funny that Maria Menuonos jumped at the chance to do some recon, and it ended up with her and the other guy eating and drinking nasty poo poo and being grossed out about it. Like what could you expect would happen.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The jokes were almost more forced than the laughter.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
poo poo, I missed the part where they say how they've been doing since. What did it say?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Having Maria do the recon and coming back for the stress test and the relaunch seemed okay enough, but they absolutely shoehorned Carolla in for no reason, and it was really bad and awkward. The all-in callback was funnier than anything he said.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Did they ever say/show what that old security woman's new job was, or did she just get shuffled out of there?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Jon and Russell got lost on the way to the bar. This is going to be something.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Jon Taggerfeet's got his work cut out for him.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If there was ever an episode of Bar Arson, it would have been O Face.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
This is an interesting one, given that they don't seem to be in financial disarray (the bartenders are, but the bar itself is not).

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Free drinks on Taggerfeet!

I think the Jimmy/Monique stuff was probably craftfully edited, but still effective.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't remember every episode of Bar Rescue, but I think at this rate, none of Taffer's experts have ever done less for a bar than this barbecue guy.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That was a good one.

Oh god it's that lovely orb ice.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm so happy Joe Brooke is back. :allears:

This looks like the kind of bar that is definitely going to go back to poo poo once Taffer leaves.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Doggboat posted:

"If John Tafford had seen this place he would have disowned the place for sure."

There is a nice blog tracking how restaurants did after Gordon left. Is there something similar for Bar Rescue?
Or would "Tafford" ever do a revisit ep?

There's http://www.barrescueupdates.com but I don't know if it's as comprehensive as any Kitchen Nightmares resource would be.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't really have interest in Hungry Investors, since it doesn't seem like Taffer is going to go ballistic on it too much.

Can't wait for the expert harassment.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Vic Vegas is a good combination of knowledge and reality TV-friendly for this show.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The argument he had against the stage show is that it was this long, 45-minute deal that took people's attention away from the bar. I don't know if that's true or not, but it made sense at the time so I went with it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Bahaha that was great. Chef just waltzes in, makes a pizza, and waltzes back out. And then FIREWORKS!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm sure it's just there for "the show" but I can't imagine it gets the contractor to learn the lesson any better.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Between Catch a Contractor and the cameo he made on Bar Rescue, he came across as trying way too hard to make too many jokes.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm not sure how good of an idea any of these items are for a failing bar with big dudes yelling at each other, but they sure seem excited about it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Link doesn't work but I read that as well. 2nd State Lounge is a much better concept than Alleged anyway.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

What was up with the end note? Instead of the usual "bar sales increased 30%" it read, "6 weeks after relaunch the bar continues to undergo changes" What the hell does that mean?

I wouldn't be surprised if Gaylord has allegedly gone back to drinking all night long. You don't end 11 years of alcoholism with some new decor.

Maybe they didn't want to bury him, but he didn't tell them any of his sales figures, and they're referring to him dropping the Alleged brand.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I always love it when Jon gets an army of people for recon.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't know if anyone besides me still watches Catch a Contractor from time to time, but tonight was I think the first time where the contractor didn't show up to fix their lovely job. Dude said he would and then up and bailed, and then they kept trying to confront him, and by the time Skip found him, it was well into the remodeling process (they called in one of the contractors from season one who apparently wasn't a hack).

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Nobody can run the bar? Buy them out and find someone who will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Those Bevintel/Partender numbers might have been the worst ever, unless I've forgotten some. I remember when he would yell and scream for $800 given away in one day; this bar managed to give away almost $7k in two days.

• Locked thread