Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

WickedHate posted:

Much less the car dealership rescue show. I watched one episode and every frame dripped fakeness.

Lizard Lick Towing and it's stint on the other show where it was a "quirky part".

And pretty much all of Hardcore Pawn too. That show makes Detroit look shittier than it is, and the family squabble is pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I saw last week's for the first time tonight. Good god what a lovely place. No wonder Taffer walked out...especially the wife bitch, she needed a bat to the skull.
The first girl they fired, I was hoping she'd have the decency not to come back. If they're gonna side against her dishonestly, even after that's straightened out, how would she trust them again? Hell, if it were me I'd have gone and filed charges that minute. I was hoping the security dude would walk too after they were badmouthing him and planning to fire him too.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I dunno, that's a tough title to claim compared to mushrooms growing in the walk-in

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I've been wondering, with as lovely a job as people claim Taffer's overhauls are, will they ever have the balls to put Bar Rescue on To Catch a Contractor.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Oh, ya know that one's gotta be a train wreck if a tax accountant can't keep it level

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Rats aside, this already screams "failure"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

OmegaBR posted:

See I think if they had kept a relatively aquatic theme to Piratz, it would have been better received (my suggestion would be turning it into a cruise ship experience.) Then they could have done the pirate parties once in a while for all the corporate types to enjoy.

Like here, he got rid of the hooka, but the Moroccan theme is still present. They could probably get away with doing a hookah night or two.

My suggestion would be to burn the place to the ground and piss on the ashes, rub your hand around in those ashes and then bitch slap the owner with that hand.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Loomer posted:

To be fair, half their mixed drinks they come up with on this show aren't something I'd order. A loving donut garnish? Get out of here.

To be even fairer, you should compare the similar months as times of the year fluxuate. Yeah, I don't think it'll change the numbers that much

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

jscolon2.0 posted:

I missed this episode last week, but Taffer's expert just garnished a cocktail with a donut. How awful was this bar before?

edit: Awww, yeah, Vic Vegas!

I was in a mood for something like donuts when I saw that and it honestly looks like something I'd want to try. Not willing to shell out a twenty for it though

jscolon2.0 posted:

I kept expecting him to bust out his own recipe, starting with some fresh mozzarella. But no, just "Stop thawing them, jackass."

why in the gently caress anyone would thaw them in the first place...there's a sure sign your cooks don't have a goddamned clue

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 12, 2014

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

D.N. Nation posted:

Dude's kitchen was a disaster, he was a walking health hazard, he barely cleaned it on the first chance Taffer gave him, and he's screwing up burgers/hot dogs(!)/frozen cheese sticks. How does that not = fired? This was pretty much Fairways Golf & Grill redux.

I'm picturing a dude that's never had to cook for himself beyond a tv dinner (and even manages to gently caress that up) and should probably go work a McDonalds or something so he can get at least some primitive basics down with cleaning and cooking.
Seriously, if I saw someone like that in a kitchen, you can bet your rear end I'd turn right around and leave

I think it was the episode prior or maybe two ago where they showed the fryer cooking in the beginning and the surface was yellow foam. Christ if that doesn't alert you that the oil's bad, the burning putrid smell coming from it should be ringing a goddamned gong.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 12, 2014

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

OmegaBR posted:

It's wrong because you're calling them idiots for being upset at something legitimate, which you even admitted was legitimate.

I mean, I'm straight, but if I was in a bar/restaurant and some women started going topless and doing a strip show, I'd wonder what was up too. Depending on who I was with, I'd probably get the heck out of there.

Now I'm not saying those people don't exist, and it's entirely possible that was part of it, but it's merely an assumption, and I think it boils down to comfort in an establishment rather than staunch homophobia. Are your typical sports bar patrons in Texas going to want to see men stripping? No. But does that mean they hate homosexuals? No, not necessarily.

Anyway, this was actually the season finale of season 3, which began last year with Spirits on Bourbon if you can believe it.

So anybody actually watching that Hungry Investors show? It's s'alright.

Hell, if it was homophobia, do you think they would have gone to the Gypsy in Vegas?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

raditts posted:

According to Bar Rescue Updates, Taffer was a bit less than truthful about why the bar actually closed:

http://www.barrescueupdates.com/2014/06/bar-rescue-v-bar-south-park-bar-grill.html

Well, I think it's rather honorable Taffer didn't blurt out "Jeff returned to being an rear end in a top hat and had multiple charges levied against his dumb "my muscular shoulders, bro" rear end". Taffer didn't lie though that the place closed because it didn't stick with what he gave'em

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Every time I watch one of these I wonder how the gently caress they never had/passed health inspections. you can't tell me people that go there don't notice all this poo poo when the place "smells like piss" or has bugs in the liquor, or has wildlife running across the bar top.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Hell, getting them to run the thing with some sanitation and hygiene would have been a winner. You're in a food and drink related service, for gently caress's sake, filth is a BAD thing!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I'm sure there's plenty of other "weapons" around that would be just as deadly as a couple axes. Knives, busted bottles, stools, etc.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Binary Logic posted:

Yes firemen are famous for carrying a bit of a broken beer bottle in case they need to quickly break down a door or smash through a wall.

It's in a bar, dipshit. They have bottles in a bar, don't they? For gently caress's sake.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Binary Logic posted:

Yes, bottles are expected to be in a bar. 2 fire axes on the wall within easy reach of any drunk - not so much.

But the issue was that these axes were going to be a chance to have a weapon, not that a hundred other things that are easier to grab and use weren't already.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Binary Logic posted:

Remember the old rhyme

Lizzie Borden grabbed a beer bottle
and gave her mother a wicked throttle...

and this famous scene of Jack Nicholson with a little piece of a beer bottle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpipB4yehk

This is so ridiculous, if you hold a beer bottle by the neck and smash it on a hard surface you're more likely to cut yourself than to have some kind of useful 'weapon' in your hand.

Listen, we get it, you really hate those axes because you're an axe racist or some poo poo, but goddamn, quit trying to be retarded about it. Someone isn't gonna waste their time drunkenly fighting the wall for some axes nailed together when there's a table full of throwable, head bashable items and a shitload of goddamned chairs around.
And trust me, beer bottles don't need to be busted to do damage

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 17, 2014

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

FrozenVent posted:

How the gently caress is a that goddamn contractor show still on?

They killed Gym Rescue after like one episode, Tattoo Rescue lasted a season, yet the Contractor Smugness Hour marches on.

The same reason shows like Honey Boo Boo lasted as long as they did (and had the whale mother not been a manipulative stupid redneck they'd still be on)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

WickedHate posted:

Wait, what happened here?

Momma landwhale hooked up with an old flame after he was released from prison for serving time because he diddled Momma landwhale's kid. The family divided, everyone's calling everyone a liar, one's selling out the family secrets to whoever will pay the most and TLC dropped it all because Mamma landwhale kicked her previous sugar daddy to go with this ex-con jackass. And she's pretty much spent all the money her kids made from the show that she claimed to have set up in accounts so they could be financially sound.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

quote:

She had intended Piratz's final voyage as a trip for the faithful, designed only for those loyal swabs who dressed in tricorn hats and gunner's pants and drank deeply of the Piratz Grog

So then just for her and the staff?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

OmegaBR posted:

Another Piratz episode?

At first you say no chance in hell, then you remember this is a TV show and Piratz is their most notorious episode. Of course they're going back.

Frankly, Piratz was a failure on the part of both parties. For obvious reasons by the crew, but Taffer really didn't make a strong enough effort to adhere to their strengths. He literally called the place "Corporate" and made them everything they were against. And this special where he pretends he doesn't know they turned right back, just makes him look bad.

I've said it before, but a more slick nautical theme, like a cruise ship (not literally, but the general motif,) probably would have been better for both the staff and the local customers (what worker wants to leave their job and then go to a bar with an office theme?)

Theme it after Somalia pirates

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

I hope that someday you find a bar worth becoming that invested in.

Better to have a life, lest you end up like that crazy gently caress in Vegas that offed himself because his hangout buffet banned him

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 13, 2015

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I still wanna know how you go in a million loving dollar debt. I mean jesus, how the gently caress could you get anything with your credit so hosed.
Better yet how you can go that far in debt and decide your main means of income would be better served as your personal hangout that earns you nothing.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

DStecks posted:

The real question is who sees a bar-owner 800 grand in the hole and says "I will loan this person 100 thousand dollars, this seems like a good plan."

Because in this case it's a TV show that earns through marketing and commercials. As long as it's a good show they'll make up that 100k and then some.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Showing a revisit of bars including Zan z Bar and Piratz now. Just finished the piratz episode before it.

Definitely got a laugh out of the butthurt staff from Piratz after it closed. "John yelled at us and did nothing to fix the place, so it closed". Not what TV and everyone else has been saying, but they all were fuckers that needed a reality check anyways

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Halloween Jack posted:

To be fair, CORPORATE bar and grill was a vile abomination. The concept sucked baby poo poo through a garden hose and the proposed attractions were product placement for gimmicky special magic ice and an instant cocktail machine whose inventors should be executed by firing squad.

but it was making money and shut down within days to be burned and pissed upon. Madame von Playacting didn't like it from before it's conception as it wouldn't focus on her playacting. Regardless if Corporate was good or bad, it was shucked well before its time so she could play dressup in a failing bar that continued to fail till she was begging to be rescued again

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I won't deny corporate was a lovely way to go, but I think john realized nothing was really going to stay if it wasn't her pirate poo poo. So might as well give them something lovely that'll make some money or give them some remote hope of chance and let him slip out the door before the place collapsed in on itself again.

Hell, the fact they put that retard back in the kitchen that couldn't cook for poo poo (especially his "signature dish" he spit out) should say it all right there.
the revisit was hysterical
"Oh yes, love, the fish is fresh flown in just for you" *throws a frozen fish brick on the grill, cooks it half way through*

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

Funñy thing is. The road the bar is on is called Dix. Not even really that clever. If it's the bar I think it is, it's in a borderline skeevy area. It used to be called the Atlantis Lounge. Amazing Mexican place across the street though. I'm pissed I forgot to dvr this. Gonna have to wait forever to see it on demand. I guess he passed up a Detroit Red Wings themed bar near where they play to do this place instead.

Not like there's much he can do to save a bar in Detroit. The place gets slammed around a Red Wings game and then the place is barren after the season ends

• Locked thread