Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

FISHMANPET posted:

To that point, an interesting article about a Cooking Channel restaurant make over show and what it did at a restaurant that didn't need rescuing. Gives a little bit of insight into what goes into these reality makeover shows: http://www.austinchronicle.com/food/2014-01-31/what-if-your-restaurant-doesnt-need-redemption/

I think that show in particular is pretty bad.

A Chinese place near me that we've been going to for 25 years was on this show. They played up the drama between the two owner brothers but they were probably correct about the food being dated. The menu hasn't changed in the 25 years I've been going. But I wouldn't know if the new food was good because the old menu is still in use again.

I talked to the owner after the show and he said they had to remodel the remodel because everything was done so cheaply. That's probably the result of going on a low budget show. I imagine the budgets for things like Kitchen Nightmares and Bar Rescue are much bigger.

Here is the reveal for it: http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/shows/restaurant-redemption/radical-restaurant-reveals.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Didn't see this posted:

quote:

New York, NY, March 21, 2014 – Spike TV has greenlit 20 more episodes of the network’s popular original series, “Bar Rescue” starring renowned bar and nightlife expert Jon Taffer. From the producers of ABC’s “Extreme Weight Loss” and Syfy’s “Opposite Worlds,” the series follows Taffer as he utilizes his nearly three decades of experience in the restaurant, bar and nightclub business to help give failing establishments one last chance to transform themselves into profitable businesses.
The new season will debut on Spike TV this fall.

Also this...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

quote:

The public Texas Mixed Beverage Gross Receipts for Mary's Outpost were:

Before Bar Rescue - $4803.54 in September 2013, $4831.40 in October 2013, $5024.46 in November 2013, $4707.50 in December 2013,
After Bar Rescue - $1405.52 in January 2014, $1866.01 in February 2014, $2388.41 in March 2014

Wow, that is quite the drop.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I wonder if they've run out of interesting bar science items.

You can only mention stuff about keg yields so many times before it gets old.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
This feels like a good episode because it's not trying too hard like the new ones.

:siren: BUTT FUNNEL

Zero One fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 2, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I thought the same thing.

I did love that drunk teen chasing the cameraman.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Taffer started a riot and then ran out.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Their fridge situation got worse? :psyduck:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Haha... grandma in the back cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Most I've seen is a B-Dubs and that's like 30 tops: http://www.grapevineblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/wpid-20130820_184506.jpg

• Locked thread