Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko speaks clipped and blunt as usual, sitting so as to look both bored and vaguely irritated at all times.

"And I've read all your files as well. Good; we won't need to mince words. Kitsuki Tsuriko. Unless Soshi-san has been given orders where we've not, our current directive is to sit here and wait to be told what to do."

Her pipe is out almost immediately, it's foul smelling smoke beginning to fill the room. The Dragon doesn't introduce the eta attendant that joined her standing in the corner, ignored by everyone else.

pre:
Kitsuki Tsuriko
Kitsuki Investigator 1

Insight 128	Honor 5.5		Status 3		Glory 1		Exp 60/60

Earth	2	Stamina		2	Willpower	3
Air	2	Reflexes	2	Awareness	3
Water	2	Strength	2	Perception	3
Fire	2	Agility		2	Intelligence	3
Void	2

Techniques/Masteries
Kitsuki's Method - One free raise to Investigation, +Perception to Armor TN
Investigation - Second attempt to Search without TN increase
Etiquette Mastery - +3 Insight
Courtier Mastery - +3 Insight
Firearms Mastery - +1k0 to damage rolls

Skills:			Rank	Trait	Emphasis	Rolls
Calligraphy		1	Int			4k3
*Courtier		3	Awa			6k3
*Ettiquette		3	Awa	Courtesy	6k3
Games (Sadane)		1	Int			4d3
Firearms		3	Ref			5k2
*Investigation		3	Per	Interrogation	6k3
*Kenjutsu		1	Agi			3k2
*Lore (Law)		1	Int			4k3
*Meditation		1	Void			3k2
*Sincerity		3	Awa	Honesty		6k3

Advantages			Disadvantages
Clear Thinker			Disbeliever
Servant	(Eta) (Mei)		Contrary
Sage				Sworn Enemy (Soshi Komeko)

Combat
TN-to-be-hit:	18
Initiative:	3k2
Damage:		7k3 or 8k4 (She does not typically use her wakizashi as a weapon)

Outfit: Traditional Clothing, Wakizashi, Knife, Calligraphy Set, Travelling Pack, Sidearm, Rifle, 5 koku

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko is careful to keep all judgement out of her voice, speaking in a generally flat tone.

"As all of us assuredly read the files, I'll simply recap them for the group's benefit."

The Lion gets a nod.

"Ikoma-san. A jack of all trades. Noted for his skills in a wide variety of tasks. Flexible. Not much on your previous experience before the magistrate."

The Spider gets a brief glance.

"Oroku-san. I've used some of your families weapons before. The files didn't say much on you; general excellence in both ranged and hand to hand combat, general proficiency in a variety of other skills, similar to Ikoma-san. Similar again to Ikoma-san, not much on your pre-Magistrate experience."

The Scorpion gets a nod of respect in return.

"Soshi-san. Trained as magistrate even before being promoted to the Emerald. You've got quite the set of records to your name for criminals caught and brought in - all alive, to properly face justice in Imperial courts as well, I might add. And quite the reputation for FINDING the criminals beyond even that."

The Phoenix gets something of a flat look, though Tsuriko is polite enough not to notice - or at least, not to make a point of noticin - her oddly colored eyes.

"Asako-san. Ishiken-do; I profess to being generally ignorant of the ways of shugenja, but that's...noteworthy, I believe.

Finally, the Unicorn gets the same flat look.

"Iuichi-san. A survivor. Says you've taken some hits and kept going."

Then Tsuriko waves at herself.

"Kitsuki-san. Frankly, I'm your standard Kitsuki investigator. Good at spotting small details - be they actual physical ones or telltale signs on how a person talks. Not bad with a pistol. Decent enough at courtly speak when it comes out. I understand Kitsuki's method still has some stigma, but I...politely request you hear me out when I talk about 'evidence.'"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko tried not to show the faint glimmer of pride at the mention of another Kitsuki proving their own innocence. It was a family tradition, after all.

"Whether or not this was our man or another criminal is precisely what we're here to find out. Has Daisatsu's body already been cremated? My assistant can help us identify potentially important features about the body. Either way, we should proceed to the scene as soon as we can. All evidence has a a time limit."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

"I will investigate the crime scene and the body. It is, after all, my expertise."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko shakes her head she gets her own - more modern - umbrella out.

"I do not. I find cabs are easy enough for samurai to get. And it's worth the look on their face when they find my assistant will be sitting in the vehicle as well. Besides, I have made some enemies on this planet; randomizing transportation is another way to stay safe."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko gives the Scorpion gets a bow in return and shows her badge.

"Kitsuki Tsuriko, Emerald Magistrate. This case is now under our authority. My eta will be assisting me with any tasks unsuitable for samurai hands."

She quickly moves into the alley, eyes open for anything that stands out, approaching the RainBuddies with Mei in tow.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

As Mei prepared to show the body, Kitsuki gives the alley a look over. Mostly this is to assist Misaki in her own investigation of the alley, the spider having already given the alley a good shake while the Kitsuki readied with her assistant.

"Mei, prepare the body. Oroku-san, Asako-san, I hope you don't mind forensics investigations."

The eta begins turning over the ronin's body, showcasing the wound and generally giving the others a chance to look it over, moving limbs or manipulating the corpse as needed and as requested. The body's belongings are reverently laid to the side during this affair, giving the samurai a chance to examine them at length, as well.

Mei: Lore (Anatomy): 5d10o10k2 17

Investigation: 6d10o10k3+5 29

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko turns towards the scorpion.

"Have the eta who will be preparing the body for cremation sign it in for a toxicology test, if possible. No detail can be overlooked; if he was drunk, it means he might've been seen before the crime at a drinking establishment.

ALL THE LORES: 4d10o10k3 16
SAGE, bitches!

"Yes, best get the shards out. See if you can re-assemble enough to get any sort of info on the firearm used. Note the missing sidearm; we'll want to run up on the weapon's ID to see if we can find it's matching pair. Cred stick was left behind, so the attacker wasn't interested in money. One shot kill with no delay, so we're also dealing with a marksman. We'll need to look up on the history of past cases to see if they were as accurate. Member of a ronin gang; we'll want to question some of them. But first, that bullet, and second, the footprints."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Done!

Unskilled Lore!: 4d10o10k3 26

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko points the tatto's properties out to the others! She also instructs Mei to...just sorta...move the body around a bit to see how it changes in the light.

Look I'm sure the body is fine.

It's not gonna be mad we're jiggling it around.

Mei's probably gonna be irritated she has to swing this corpse around a bit but she'll be less grumpy after a nice hot meal (which will happen after she cleans right the gently caress up of course). Plus she's an eta so it's not like anyone else would notice or actually care she's getting grumpy.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

[@Asako-san unless you want to take the body with you, we have to leave it with the Scorpion.]

"Right. Let's trace these tracks."

Kitsuki leaves with Mei in tow, following the footprints.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

The Asako gets a message from Tsuriko, her back turned to both the shugenja and the Scorpion!

[ You are a magistrate. You do not require me to tell them what to do. You are no less in charge then I am. ]

Tsuriko has taken out her pipe. Whatever she is smoking smells entirely unpleasant.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko turns to the others, drawing her pistol, and gesturing towards the manhole.

"Hope you didn't expect this job to always be a clean one. Weapons at the ready, ladies; we're going in."

[ @Soshi Shosuko Soshi-san, we found a trail leading from the victim to the sewers. Will continue investigations. Will stay in contact. ]

[ @Asako Hanjiko what is this forbidden technology in question, why did it shock you so, and do you suspect the Scorpion at large? ]

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

"Here, things get tricky. The eta have learned not to speak to samurai, and even when spoken to, are more likely to flinch and look away then anything else. Do not underestimate them; whatever your training, we are now going to be entirely surrounded, and they are very well aware of their...treatment. They will not readily sell out their own. Mei, stay close; they may not take well to you in your service."

Tsuriko clicks under her tongue.

"And everyone...keep your eyes out for any mon, or anything decorated with a tortoise. I would be surprised if there weren't any Kasuga down here. They can make good allies when dealing with the underclasses. Just be ready to pay for the 'privilege.'"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

"Not our job to correct that, Asako-san. This is not our world."

Tsuriko turns her attention to the eta.

"Stand, then, and guide us. The sooner you do so, the sooner we may leave."

The Kitsuki does not state whether them leaving is meant to be nicer for the samurai, or nicer for the eta to not have to deal with a bunch of samurai poking around.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko eyed the old man as the other two spoke for a moment. Kitsuki's Method used to be thought of as both supernatural and foolish, infringing on the honor of proper samurai. Nowadays, it's...actually no, that hasn't changed all that much. It's still considered improper to turn to something so as evidence when a higher ranked samurai - and thus more carefully chosen by the Heavens - has already stated what is objectively the truth.

And that worked just fine, because it meant she got to be underestimated. People say a lot without talking. Eye movements. Facial ticks. Twitching fingers. The human body was a canvas of speech to those who could read it.

"...Yes, I think I will assist you, Asako-san. While we are here, after all. Is it not the duty of Heaven's chosen to illustrate the proper way to live in both word and deed? Oroku-san, while you need not join us, perhaps you should go with us at least most of the way there and investigate...close by, yes?"

Investigation (Interrogation): 6d10r1o10k3+5 41
Does Tsuriko pick anything up outside of NO TOTALLY CHECK OUT THE PUMPS? Also is that indeed what he is saying :I

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

"So. What exactly is happening here?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko sticks to dry commentary.

"A mysterious metal object stuck in here. I wonder what it could be?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko stares at the robot, then the Asako, then the eta, then back at the robot, then back at Asako.

"It is a robot. It is not living. It is not tainted with blood and dead flesh."

Tsuriko and Mei share a look that would likely be scandelous (looking at a samurai's face?!) above the sewer, and likely a little bit here, too.

"If you require her help, then she will grant it. She does not know much about the mechanical, note."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko is clearly in danger of losing on and is smoking up a storm. The sewers only barely mask the foul smell from her pipe.

"Then grab it and let's go. We are wasting time standing around talking about it. Those that dwell here no doubt have more then enough on their mind to have a group of magistrates taking in the sights."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko eyes the strange procession, trying to remember anything relevant.

Lore (any): 4d10o10k3 27

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko's hand drifts down by instinct to her pistol, though she doesn't draw it.

"Ignore the monks. It is time we left."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko contacts the other team and tells them it's time to meet, also hurry up and finish your poo poo.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Sorry for the delay. Been a weird week. Weddings and birthdays. Credit card stolen. Someone died. You know how it goes.

Tsuriko mostly ignores that Hamzah is gaijin. She's got a job to do. If he can help it get done, more the better.

Also Mei will have been left with Asako and The Gaijin

The Kitsuki has somewhat uncharacteristically put away her foul smelling pipe and is talking quietly as they ascend.

"That's what I am best at. You are Ikoma; you should do most of the talking, where it is polite for us to remain quiet. I should warn you. I've been at this planet longer then the rest of you and not all Scorpion will be happy to see me. Beyond that, I am Kitsuki. The Scorpion would never break face and comment on me directly. But if you are associated with me, I cannot vouch much for your high class social life in days to come."

Tsuriko shows her own ID and walks in without any swagger at all.

OoC: I'm all for skipping the whole gifting thing if none of us can think of something cool and just going YEP WE WERE POLITE

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko gives her thanks, bows low, but is otherwise entirely silent - speaking just enough to be "polite," and not nearly enough to give away anything.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko vacates to a smoke-friendly section (ideally one where she can still watch the court proceedings), lights her pipe, and begins scaring off anyone else there with her favored foul smelling tobacco.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko did not survive as long as she did by being inattentive. There are patterns everywhere that other people tend to miss. And patterns matter.

Investigation: 6d10o10k3+5 37

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko gives an entirely unfriendly look at the newcomer and "accidentally" blows some of the foul smoke in his direction.

"Kasuga-san. I want what all Kitsuki and what all magistrates want - truth, justice. Gi. Is the illustrious Tortoise offering me such things?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

"Truth is Justice, Kasuga-san. Bushido speaks clearly on that matter. Gi does not separate the two. Truth serves the society; secrecy serves only the individual. I ask again; is the Tortoise offering me such?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

"Truth cannot be sold, Tortoise-san. It is eternal. The foundation of all Rokugani society. A truth told to none but the highest bidder - a truth with no evidence behind it - is not a truth; it is a secret. It is unsurprising to find peddlers of such on this world. The police arrest a man for murder; this is a truth. Two men know one of them is a killer, and neither will speak of it; this is a secret. Is the Tortoise offering truth? Or a secret?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

Tsuriko silently watches the Tortoise leave and returns to her smoking.

I'm an honorable cop. Some random criminal sliding up and telling me he has juicy information to sell, really, just trust me, isn't really going to get her going. Especially when I'm so Contrary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kitsuki Tsuriko

"As much as one can. I am a magistrate, not any given courtier. A Tortoise tried to sell me something, what a surprise. Many warriors about; the Scorpion fear something. Has your time tonight been enjoyable, Oroko-san?"

• Locked thread