Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuichi Hino

"Unity." Hino repeats the word, without reflecting the Lion's enthusiasm. "Yes, indeed." She doesn't look too comfortable with the presence of the Phoenix magistrate though, a shugenja no less. When she accepted this reassignment, she had hoped to get as far away from them as possible. Oh well.

"I am Iuchi Hino." She bows to greet the magistrates, her body making this very audible whirrr while doing so. Even she's still not used to it. "If you're already well-informed of us, Soshi-san, perhaps you are also aware why we have been summoned here?"

pre:
Iuichi Hino
Meishodo Shugenja 1 / Horiuichi Family

Insight 136	Honor 4.0		Status 1		Glory 1		Exp 60/60

Earth	3	Stamina		3	Willpower	3
Air	2	Reflexes	2	Awareness	2
Water	2	Strength	2	Perception	2
Fire	2	Agility		2	Intelligence	3
Void	2

Techniques/Masteries
Mysteries of Meishodo	Create a magical amulet to store a spell by making a successful roll of Craft: 
			Meishodo/Ring, using the Ring for the desired spell.
Defense Mastery 	Keep Defense/Reflexes for subsequent rounds in Full Defense.
Jiujutsu Mastery	+1k0 to unarmed attacks.		

Skills:			Rank	Trait	Emphasis	Rolls
*Calligraphy		2	Int			5k3
Computer Use		3	Awa	Hacking		5k2
*Craft (Meishodo)	4	Int			Craft (Meishodo)/Ring
*Defense		3	Ref			5k2
*Firearms		3	Ref			5k2
Investigation		2	Per			4k2
Jiujutsu		3	Agi			5k2
Lore (Elements)		2	Int			5k3
*Lore (Theology)	1	Int			4k3
*Meditation		1	Int			4k3
*Spellcraft		3	Int	Spell Research	6k3

Advantages			Disadvantages
Friend of the Earth		Disturbing Countenance (She's a goddamn cyborg)
Hands of StoneRULES OF NATURE	Epilepsy BSoD
Sage				Fascination (Gaijin Magic)
Strength of the Earth		Obligation (Phoenix Clan)

Combat
TN-to-be-hit:		15
Initiative:		3k2
Attack (Bare Hands): 	3k3
Attack (Sidearm): 	5k3

Outfit: 	Robes, Wakizashi, Pistol, Knife, Scroll Drive/Amulet Pouch, Traveling Pack, 4 koku

Spells: 	Commune, Sense, Summon, Armor of Earth, Embrace Of Kenro-ji-jin, Earth Becomes Sky, 
		Path to Inner Peace, Reflections Of Pan Ku, Fury Of Osano-wo

Mitama fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Taken some hits. That's one way to put it.

"You won't hear any complaints from me." Hino nods, returning back a flat look to the Kitsuki. "Perhaps there's some things I may learn from such qualified magistrates."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Hino feels the data rush right into her head, on account of the new drive installed. Another thing she's not used to yet.

While the others make their injuries, the Unicorn accesses all this general surveillance and report data related to Kaiu Satoshi. She also tries to run a deeper check on Satoshi's background, perhaps anything that might lead to close relatives, friends or associates in the City of the Splintered Oar.

VVV EDIT: 7:07 AM <•Morphball> SleepinTrix: 15 = 5k2(4,4,6,8,7)

Mitama fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 11, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Hino curses quietly, as ruby-studded red tape stands to get in her way. She feels that something can be found in both the central computing and especially Satoshi's wife. Family, after all, can be a powerful motivation to do terrible things.

She makes sure that the relevant information goes to her once the delays are clear, but she gets the feeling that's she'll need to approach this in other, less scrupulous ways.

"Kitsuki-san is right, we should visit the crime scene soon." She looks at the hologram. "Certainly, we don't want to keep the Champion overly occupied when he has already tasked us to find answers."

Mitama fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 16, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Hino shrugs at Shosuko. "I'm pretty good at stomping around and shaking people down, sure. I'll go with you."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Being mostly metal and fake skin, Hino doesn't look the least bit bothered by the rain. Still, she puts on a hood to keep her head dry.

"Ikoma-san, Shosuro-san, we should be off as well." Her artificial lips purse into a wry smile. "I don't suppose either of you knows a fellow here who knows a fellow who knows how to forge credentials for our man?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Hino ignores the glass next to her. Instead, she watches the servants disappear behind the doors and frowns.

"If they have every reason to be suspicious of magistrates, they could be hiding evidence of their crimes as we speak." She speaks this in a low voice, then raises her tone for the benefit of anyone nearby. "If you don't mind, I'm going to walk around a little." She stands up.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Hino isn't exactly the master of stealth and subterfuge here, but she forces her body to make quiet steps as she explores the tea house. Maybe she can find the center of whatever illicit operations they're hiding in here. It would be enough leverage to get information about their target, if he has passed over here for passports.

She recalls that the servants that the servants come to and from a certain hallway here, probably where the staff-only areas are. Hino heads out to find them, hopefully her strength and her authority enough to brute force her way through.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

No point being coy about it.

Hino saunters down the corridor, to reach and open the unmarked door. If anyone has anything to say about it, they look at the symbol of her magistrate authority.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Hino could probably hack that keypad with her own interface. She just needs some time to work on it. At least no one seems around for the moment.

She peers through the frosted glass of the keypad, to see if anything interesting lays on the other side. Why is it so cold in here?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Anything important enough probably deserves a look-see. Besides, Hino doesn't feel safe exposed out here in this corridor.

She opens up a compartment on her cybernetic arm, extends out a small cable, then connects it to the keypad lock. A little bypass should get her through this computer.

HACKING: 23 = 5k2(3,5,6,9,[10,4])

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

It's not as if her ancestors were there when her old body got crushed to pieces. Hino locks the door behind and gives the room a cursory search.

"This looks important." Hino mutters to herself, approaching the terminal. At this point, she highly doubts a tea house needs this sort of tech to run their day-to-day operations. She makes contact with her fellow magistrates over a private line.

[ Soshi-san, Ikoma-san: I'm a floor below you right now, staff-only area. Miraculously, no one has seen me yet. I discovered a terminal that could be networked to their underground operations, I'll see if they know anything about our lead. How are things in your end? ]

"Now..." Hino says, gripping the keyboard like an old friend. "What do you know about Kaiu Satoshi...?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

"And things get interesting." Satoshi not only went here to falsify documents, but he also acquired the aid of a Scorpion to cover his tracks. A Soshi, at that.... she hopes her fellow magistrate will see to her duty over her family. She raises her associates over the line again.

[ Soshi-san, Ikoma-san: I may have a lead as to Satoshi's whereabouts. Are you familiar with a Soshi Kazuhiro? ]

She stares at the terminal screen again. "Are you familiar with a Soshi Kazuhiro?"

Might as well give it a try. Hino enter in the Scorpion's name and waits for a result.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Not getting a response. Maybe she should contact the others.

Actually, Hino should get out of here first. She's sure she can only test the Fortunes' grace for so long. The Unicorn works out a message to her fellows as she removes traces of her entrance and gets out of here.

[ @Fellow Magistrates: I'm in the back room of the Golden Koto. I've accessed their databases and have to reason to believe that not only did the suspect acquire false papers here, but he did so under the support of a Soshi magistrate. If you can identify a Soshi Kazuhiro, please let me know. ]

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

Hino stares at the bulk of flesh with her cold, mechanical eyes. She summons all the etiquette she could manage for this waste.

"Yes, I was on my way to compliment the owner of this fine tea house about the very fine accommodations she hosts here, and as it turns out, I lost my way to her office." Her smile appears highly unnatural. "If you can lead me to her we may speak, that would be quite welcome."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

"Soshi Kazuhiro would know where he is, though. Would he?"

Hino finally speaks up, walking to confront Bita.

"I may have done my own investigation a while ago. Given that you have pledged your cooperation with us, I trust you would be truthful when I ask why you have Kaiu Satoshi's name in your databases and why a Soshi Magistrate is responsible for him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Iuchi Hino

All this double-talk, roundabout reasoning only infuriates Hino. The fact that this feels like yet another ruse doesn't escape her either. But there's not much of a choice here.

"Lead, then."

• Locked thread