Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'll say it again, that whole angle where he finally managed to get one up on Undertaker and just kept beating on him until he was too hosed to defend his title, won the title, and then proceeded to somehow steal all of his Taker magic powers by the power of Grayskull was the best goddamn thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DeathChicken posted:

I'll say it again, that whole angle where he finally managed to get one up on Undertaker and just kept beating on him until he was too hosed to defend his title, won the title, and then proceeded to somehow steal all of his Taker magic powers by the power of Grayskull was the best goddamn thing ever.

When/where was that I have the network and must feeeed.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Why cookie Rocket posted:

When/where was that I have the network and must feeeed.

I want to say mid/late 2010. It lasted several months and included the return of Paul Bearer and involved the urn a couple times, so you know it's quality wrestlecrap. [EDIT] Yeah, that's right. It was on Smackdown during the Nexus/Cena feud on Raw.

I really hope the Network develops some form of feature that individually tags all clips from a particular feud. So if you want this one, you could search by "Undertaker Kane 2010", or by subject matter if you searched for "Undertaker Kane magic powers feud". Or at least a show highlighting greatest feuds from top to bottom that included references in a playlist or something.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 11, 2014

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

As someone who was not around for the Katie Vick saga I would watch a DVD of it because trying to piece it together from youtube clips is annoying and I hate watching stuff on TV. It sounds so surreal I can't imagine it wasn't at least entertainingly stupid.

Maybe my brain is trying to save me from recalling more of a godawful angle, but I can't remember much of a saga. HHH started claiming he had dirt on Kane that would destroy him forever, then next thing you know Trips is in a bad wig (worse than his own hair even) humping a mannequin in a casket. The awkwardness of the live crowd was supreme.

Years later the guy who runs Wrestlecrap bought all of Katie Vick's clothes, underpants and all. Autographed by HHH.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

I want to say mid/late 2010. It lasted several months and included the return of Paul Bearer and involved the urn a couple times, so you know it's quality wrestlecrap.

I really hope the Network develops some form of feature that individually tags all clips from a particular feud. So if you want this one, you could search by "Undertaker Kane 2010", or by subject matter if you searched for "Undertaker Kane magic powers feud". Or at least a show highlighting greatest feuds from top to bottom that included references in a playlist or something.

I don't see why they wouldn't integrate that feature somewhere down the line, and why they wouldn't crowdsource the heck out of it. You know there are giant wrestling fans that would love the chance to create playlists.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

I loved that feud. It was so silly. I mean, the wrestling was garbage but there was a match where the end was Kane struck lightning down (either on the stage or at Undertaker, I forgot). Everyone hated it but it was too stupid to hate properly.

Also he admitted his ENTIRE HISTORY up to that point was just a ploy to beat the Undertaker.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Before they went with the obvious thing that Kane was the one who put Undertaker in a coma, he did rock that amazing promo where he eulogized Undertaker and swore he'd get revenge.

"My brother will rise from the dead no more. Gone is the Undertaker. But soon enough, those responsible for this ATROCITY will too be gone. They will be committed to the depths of Hell, to a torturous existence that they cannot fathom. I will personally prosecute and persecute anyone who had anything to do with this tragedy. THERE! WILL! BE! VENGEANCE! THERE WILL BE VENGEANCE, COLD, CUNNING, CRUEL! THERE WILL VENGEANCE NEVER BEFORE SEEN OR FELT! VENGEANCE NEVER BEFORE IMAGINED! THERE WILL BE A VENGEANCE, SWIFT, DECISIVE AND TERRIBLE! YES! THERE! WILL! BE! VENGEANCE!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
In around 2009-2010 or so they started projecting fire graphics onto the ring mat during Kane's promos and it was awesome. I don't know why they stopped doing that. They did the same thing for Taker with storm clouds.

I really wish they'd do that with more people, it makes promos way more dynamic.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There was a period where I was really genuinely sick of Kane, but then Team Hell No happened and it reminded me that he's got a lot of charisma as a worker. He can be hysterically funny (there's a gif I have to dig up of him doing the Santino trumpet after a match) and does the grimdark horror stuff pretty well too. Not a great worker, but not really horrible either. I actually quite like his WM14 match with Taker.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Kane is really up-and-down for me as well. He was amazing from 1997-2000 (my favourite incarnation of the character) then got stale from 2001-03 to the point where he was just a generic big dude on the roster and the mask that really only covered his eyes didn't help. His monster heel run from 2003-04, as dumb as it was looking back (Shane getting his balls zapped by a car battery for one) was a legit effort to make him scary again and it was fun to see what kind of morbid poo poo WWE would try every Monday night (like setting JR on fire) and I liked it. Then the Lita pregnancy and MAY NINETEENTH happened and it was dumb until Team Hell No happened (wasn't a fan of the re-masking itself because it felt like an awkward return to before but everything around it was great). I love Corporate Kane because it's something new for the character and Glen Jacobs is making it work because of his libertarian beliefs.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Speedboat Jones posted:

I was really wanting a lime green Kane when he started buddying up with X-Pac.

I definitely made that attire in the WWF Attitude game

Think I called the CAw Grane or something stupid.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Kane

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Being a dentist was part of his plan to kill Undertaker.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

DeathChicken posted:

Being a dentist and then disguising himself as Kevin Nash was part of his plan to kill Undertaker.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I like Kane's chokeslam.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Update for 3/12/14: Kane is still awesome.

Aside from Undertaker, who else has Kane had a long feud with?

For those of us that are making use of the Network, what are some good (or at least fun) Kane PPV matches to watch?

edit: Also are either of the movies he starred in worth a watch?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Update for 3/12/14: Kane is still awesome.

For those of us that are making use of the Network, what are some good (or at least fun) Kane PPV matches to watch?

edit: Also are either of the movies he starred in worth a watch?

Lots of people. Especially Edge.

And yes, MacGruber is worth watching.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Lots of people. Especially Edge.

And yes, MacGruber is worth watching.

I loved MacGruber but I haven't seen it since getting into wrestling. I am looking forward to seeing all those cameos again someday.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pete Rose.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Kane is one of those guys where I can't say I've ever really loved any of his matches. He is a fun character and I like his backstage shenanigans, but once it's time to wrestle... meh

Edit: I did enjoy him and X-Pac as a tag team though. Maybe they had some good matches against each other when they split? X-Pac has a way of getting good matches out of almost anyone.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

triplexpac posted:

Kane is one of those guys where I can't say I've ever really loved any of his matches. He is a fun character and I like his backstage shenanigans, but once it's time to wrestle... meh

Edit: I did enjoy him and X-Pac as a tag team though. Maybe they had some good matches against each other when they split? X-Pac has a way of getting good matches out of almost anyone.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQG2o8E-zuw

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That moment and AJ skipping around the ring in a costume literally right off of DeviantArt was amazing, and ending it with Kane going "even by my standards you are just loving crazy" was double awesome.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I'm not looking for matches to wow me and show me what a great worker he is. I already love the guy, I'm just trying to find...like...the upper 50% of his PPV matches.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I'm not looking for matches to wow me and show me what a great worker he is. I already love the guy, I'm just trying to find...like...the upper 50% of his PPV matches.

That's the thing, I just feel like Kane has this range of every match being more or less the same quality.

It's like, his face/heel alignment is "Kane". His match quality rating is "Kane".

Kane.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Check out his 2010 matches with Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, and Edge. I remember enjoying his 2004 matches with Matt Hardy at Summerslam and Vengeance. Just before that he had a pretty great match against [redacted] for the World title at Bad Blood.

You can also watch his match against Bret Hart in '95 at Summerslam to see his first PPV appearance.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I don't think Kane will ever overwhelm people as a worker, but he's very steady and pretty dependable. I think he's been in a couple MITB matches, largely as the designated "catch someone falling from way too far up" guy. Still though, he's great as a big man and can still be booked as a good threat.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJFPOh9wfM

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

It's like if Swamp Thing had a child with the Grinch.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Isn't Kane well known for being a pretty safe worker as well? I always thought his best stuff was tagging with little guys to make an odd couple, it made for some very humorous moments you wouldn't see his character typically do.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

As cute as that was, I REALLY wanted AJ to lock in the Octopus after she had him stunned and confused and was just hanging there while he was defenseless.

I miss when the girls would get in offense if they were in a corner. Remember when Beth Pheonix was kicking Punk's rear end for a few seconds at the Royal Rumble? That was great.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

He had to leave because he was getting a boner

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

natetimm posted:

Isn't Kane well known for being a pretty safe worker as well? I always thought his best stuff was tagging with little guys to make an odd couple, it made for some very humorous moments you wouldn't see his character typically do.

Yes, Kane is definitely known as being pretty safe. He also rarely gets injured himself.

He's like the definition of "safe" from a WWE booking standpoint. Never really excels, usually doesn't completely blow it, won't hurt anyone and won't get hurt himself.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Although Kane did pop HBK so hard he went cross-eyed.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Hellfire and mathematics!

http://www.wate.com/story/25408815/pro-wrestler-kane-teaches-math-to-knoxville-students

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"LEARN MATH"

Thank you that is our assembly.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Seth Rollins should show up to teach kids physics

"If I want to launch myself into a somersault plancha over the top rope, and my opponent is 6 feet away from the ring, how much force will I have to use in order to keep vince from defrosting another Seth clone?"

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Retromancer posted:

Seth Rollins should show up to teach kids physics

"If I want to launch myself into a somersault plancha over the top rope, and my opponent is 6 feet away from the ring, how much force will I have to use in order to keep vince from defrosting another Seth clone?"

This is basically how Milo & Otis was made.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
May 19th May 19th May 19th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruc376rF-BM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMQ1eCh8cr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEw3Z8agGew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mE7ai9zwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Everything HBK does in this is gold.