Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Amrom, Who Comes in Threes

Splendid.
Excellent.
This will do.

Amrom hovers about his section of the heavens, his trio of skeletal bodies peering down upon the world. "Is anyone else here? We cannot remember how long it has been since we spoke to another. An eternity, more or less." Not waiting for an answer from an outsider, the strange being begins to discuss amongst itself its next course of action. "We must find one worthy of the gift. They must have already proven themselves. To gift the gift to others will be a long and arduous task."

An excited chorus emerges. "The towers! They signify the learning of our arts. Maybe not quite the same, but closer than the rest." The first body speaks alone. "Cravos' tower is greatest and most impressive. Mortals fear his domain. He could be a mighty prophet." Then, the second admonishes him. "No, we do not come to be feared, but to be loved for our gifts. Look at the tower of Tippors. It is surrounded by many mortal towns, all potential followers, clearly the best." The last body shakes his head at both of them. "The tower of MAGOS is near to Elves and Trolls. They may be more interested in our gift that Mankind. I would not be surprised."

Amrom speaks in unison: "This will only be solved through observation. Let us watch the towers. Everlasting will be our gift for whomever we shall choose."

Looking to see if I can remotely observe Tippors, Cravos' Tower, and MAGOS from the heavens to try and spot a noteworthy and suitable mortal.

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Lord Of The Triad, The Answer
Amrom is one of the few gods who has ever died; He was once a mortal sorcerer, a war-wizard and battlefield medic, occupying the dual role of burning the enemy alive and healing his own side. Powerful though he was, death and its inevitability endlessly frustrated Amrom. No matter how great of a healer he became, the long-dead, those that had died truly rather than momentarily, were always beyond his reach. He swore that when his own death came, he would pay careful attention, and learn just what had prevented him from bringing those people back.

After many decades, the sorcerer finally fell in battle, and as he traversed the Underworld, he learned its secrets, and how souls were trapped there. Here, he developed his doctrine over millenia: The Doctrine of the Triad, through which any being can achieve Eternal Life. The first pillar of the doctrine is Industry; One must work hard, and focus ones efforts towards a purpose, in order to achieve anything. The second pillar of the doctrine is Sorcery; Through magic and knowledge, any challenge can be overcome. These two pillars support the single most important point of Amrom's theology: Undeath. With enough hard work and magical knowledge, even death can be overcome.

This is the messages that Amrom comes to deliver to the World: Through faith in him and his principles, all beings, Troll and Elf, Orc and Man, all can receive the blessing of Eternal Life, and death will no longer be a thing to be feared by anyone.

The Triad of Domains: Industry, Sorcery, and Undeath

A Brief Rundown on Domains:
Sorcery is the practice of advanced magic by the most learned of Wizards; It is the high magic that is a product of research, knowledge, and discipline.

Undeath involves undead beings of all kinds, and the magical discipline of Necromancy, which makes the dead rise and allows the wizard to wield the power of death itself.

Industry covers diligent work, especially when that work is systematic and organized for a greater purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Who Comes In Threes

Banned?
Absurd.
This must be corrected.

Amrom's bodies shake their heads at M.A.G.O.S. "They have banned the teachings that lead to everlasting life. The most important teachings of all. Immediately, we must change this." They reach down into the world and begin to adjust what is happening at the school. Suddenly, the elder magisters begin to offer up problems that require Necromancy to solve; Problems that relate to manipulating life and death themselves. While this is shocking, the students somehow come to have the answers. The desire to push boundaries inherent in all mages, and the desire to surpass death in all mortals, these two desires together will take Necromancy from being a banned subject to being the most important subject. At least, that is the plan.

The three bodies look carefully at the area surrounding what they plan to be their worldly base of operations. They also give a sidelong glance to "Trolls and Elves, cannot ignore both and assume safety of the school. That one smells like an Elf, no wish to compete with it over them. Natural deduction suggests trolls must be included." Again, they reach down into the world, this time waiting until nightfall and implanting a dream.

A rural troll living a hermit-like existence goes to sleep. He is no-one special, and today he herded goats like any other day. But, tonight, he is visited by three shadowy figures. The first commends him for a life of hard work. "All good things come from Industriousness. You are indeed an industrious troll, and you shall be rewarded tonight. Of course, this is on the condition that you continue to work hard." The second figure admonishes the troll. "You will teach the other trolls the incomprehensible truths revealed to you tonight, but they will have trouble understanding. We will give you the knowledge to educate them. We will give you the power to demonstrate for them." The figure touches the troll on the forehead, imparting sorcerous knowledge. Finally, the third figure steps out of the shadows, revealing himself to also appear as a troll, though greater in size and paler in color. "I dub you Azariah, chosen of the true God Amrom. I offer you the gift of eternal life. Share this gift with all who come to you, and your kingdom will have no end."

Actions:
1. Reverse the ban on Necromancy at MAGOS so it becomes the most highly esteemed subject.
2. Proliferate Necromantic knowledge throughout MAGOS to get them off to a running start.
3. Give the troll Azariah great knowledge of sorcery.
4. Make Azariah inspiring, so that he will actually have followers.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when

I am Communist posted:

Miltonslavemasta: I'm guessing your prophet is going to try and influence the whole area? That will cost about 3-5 large cities... If its just fluff or trying to get the word out about you that's cool too. It won't cost a mint then.

Nah, the prophet isn't trying to influence the whole troll area yet. That will come later, and this part will just be a fluff thing.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Heavenly Book Discussion

Intrusion.
Such hubris.
But, he has a good idea.

The bodies of Amrom filter in, slowly hovering towards the pulpit. "The pig is right. We do not force ourselves on mortals. Any who cannot appreciate our gifts are unsuitable anyway." Chairs of bone materialize, and they sit down, metal clanking and grinding against bone. "But, we as Amrom recognize books are not a form of force. No one is forced to read a book. It is a voluntary pursuit."

Amrom chatters amongst itself, incomprehensibly, then continues. "If someone does not want to help, they do not have to help, and they can have no message in the book. That is reasonable. Let everyone have the offer given to Ignatz if they so please." In unison, they look up at the pulpit. "Platonis, we will do as asked, contributing a chapter and improving productivity in areas with the printing press. We will do this to the best of our ability, but you must do something as well. You must ensure these pitiable mortals can actually read the book, and if it is banned, we expect to see whether you have any prowess in battle."

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Looking Down At M.A.G.O.S.

No.
Such Insolence.
He is indeed an ignorant one.

The mood among Amrom is grim. "He could have negotiated. Many of the undead could have been mindless, eternally ignorant, slaves seduced by the lies of the most powerful. But, he throws away this opportunity." The three bodies angrily project a message into his corner of the heavens. "We will give you the opportunity, Ignatz, to stop what you are doing and find terms of mutual cooperation. What you are trying to do cannot be allowed; You must not stifle the gift of eternal life. We can incorporate ignorance of the truth for the vast majority into our teachings, but if you do not stop this action, then we cannot make accommodation for your demense, and we must align ourselves solely with your opponents, of which there are already many."

Amrom is giving Ignatz a chance to not waste its power on an action Amrom will have to block, and opening up the possibility of diplomacy and cooperation so they can mutually advance one another's domains. If the action is not taken back, things will occur. It is an obvious massive cockblock to me and ruins all my investment in a base of operations.

Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Looking Down At Tik Tok Tower

Yes.
We can help in this.
In fact, no one could do better.

Amrom, still slightly annoyed, looks down at the tower where the printing press has been invented. "It is a good machine. But, look at these humans, with no magic and no immortality. Platonis asks us for productivity, and it must be given." The three bodies whirl rapidly, taking key passages, exhortations, and details from the accumulated texts of night-infinite aeons of Undeath.

The passages would not be handed over, like mere trinkets. Instead, they would be deposited into the dreams of those working at the tower, each one providing a glimpse into true knowledge of necromancy, each one providing some spell or practice that could improve productivity beyond what mortal organization, mortal lifespans, and mortal bodies could offer. In those passages and in those dreams lay the secret of having mindless servants to carry out menial labor, the secret of magic spells to animate quills made of the bones of the dead to write without rest, and most of all, the secrets of Lichdom, to allow the most able and motivated in the tower to be stewards and propagators of this valuable knowledge for all time.

The plan is to send my chapter in pieces and in dreams to the residents of the tower, but each passage contains practical necromantic knowledge that they can implement to improve productivity. Presumably, only the most able will be able to become liches themselves, but many others can become minor necromancers who use the magic of Undeath to become more industrious in accomplishing their tasks. Let me know how much influence this will cost.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 25, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Edit: gently caress, I lost the original contents of this post when trying to quote it to make a new one.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 1, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Godwar

The pig may die.
Eternal Life will be disrupted.
But, true Eternal life comes only from us.

Amrom's bodies whirl around, watching the spectacle of Maen and Gohdog. "The Chaotic one is rash. To assault Gohdog for something that does not involve her is rude. Why does she do this?" They mull about the Heavens, deciding whether to use their cosmic power to end Eternal Life instead of provide it for the first time. "But, Maen acts on behalf of Cipher. What Cipher does is beneficial to us. Therefore, we will not anger Cipher but will follow the noninterventionist example of Gohdog and attack no one."

"Perhaps the pig will prove to be Eternal. Perhaps not. We have other matters to attend to."

Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Ignatz Again

He keeps doing it.
Such a nuisance.
He would be worthy of pity if he were not so arrogant.

Amrom notices Ignatz attempting to bother Necromancers yet again. "He will not mark them with his hair. He will not mark them anywhere. If it were not for him, we would have a working Doomtrain by now." The bodies look at each other, and their skulls contort into what passes for a smile on ancient bare skulls. "It is time to begin the offensive. We will prove that his actions can be undone by the power of Necromancy; That Ignorance is a pitiful power, too weak to cause the eternal death of anything."

"Azariah needs help in his quest. The motivation needs to be made more specific. We will allow him to procure new followers." They look to the ruins of the University destroyed by Ignatz's followers, and begin to speak to their prophet.

Amrom appears again, in a dream. "Azariah, I trust you have been informed of your quest to obtain the Blade. This will allow you to ultimately become the ruler of the trolls. In accordance with our infinite magnanimity, we will provide you aid on this quest." The dream shifts to show the professors of the University being burned alive by the ignorant mob. "These purveyors of knowledge were unjustly killed by the forces of Ignorance. You will revive them and gift them with diverse sorcerous powers. They will aid you on your quest to gain sorcerous knowledge from the sages, find the blade, and bring Necromancy to the entire continent."

1. Not intervening in Godfight.
2. Blocking Ignatz's action to mess with Necromancy.
3. Helping Azariah raise an army; It is going to be a small and elite army composed of the wraiths of the murdered professors, gifted with sorcerous power; Think a group of smarter Nazgul focused on replacing Ignorance with Sorcery and Undeath, whether by Education or by Force.
4. Also, telling Azariah it is okay to embark on Cipher's quest.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
I'm looking at the castle in the Caruqosa area with no name. Is it empty and free to use as a base? Also, is anyone in Cravos' Tower? If people are there, what are they like?

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Interesting. I think I'll be done for the year.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Cravis's Tower, Journey To the West
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8G4tZbMmw
Interesting.
A Pilgrimage to the West!
Let us act in the West as well.

Amrom listens silently to Meroth's messenger. "He aims to send the Merchant Princes to the West. They seek Old Man Red. He is probably a Dragon." After some quiet deliberation, they begin speaking again. "It must be known Dragons are not the most powerful of beings. There are yet greater adversaries a mortal must overcome to prove themselves. We must demonstrate this, to prove we are most relevant and powerful."

Slowly, the bodies of Amrom begin to combine into one massive Lich-King, and as they combine, a voice shudders down, echoing beyond time and space and the bounds of reality, then focusing into the depths of one tower. "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, DARK LORD. THE STATE OF THIS WORLD DISAPPOINTS. RAISE UNDEAD ARMIES, PRACTICE DARK MAGICS, AND SURPASS THE WORLD'S GREATEST FEATS OF INDUSTRY IN THE NAME OF AMROM. WE HAVE BROKEN YOUR CHAINS, AND SHOULD YOU PROVE YOURSELF WORTHY, WE WILL ASSURE THAT YOU WILL NEVER DEPART THIS WORLD AGAIN."

Time to wake up, little buddy. Offering a protective alliance if he/she/it is willing to further my domains. If not, well, maybe I'll tap a domain from whatever it does do.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Answer, The Dark Lord

Allies and more Allies.
It looks to be an excellent year.
It is not over yet.

Amrom nods, thanking the Elder Being. "We will adhere to our bargain. Sorcery, Industry, and Undeath, this is our triad. Spread it well, and we will protect and assist you." They look westwards, and consider his comments carefully. "The trolls are outside of our control for now, but a mighty challenger rises, gifted with the armies of the dead, knowledge of the afterlife, and a blade that might even slay a God one day. Reanimating the Giants could prove to be a good idea. We would find this especially favorable if you could spread and recover arcane knowledge in doing it." The skulls give what passes for a smile. "Of course, he is with us. You need not fear him. One day, we hope unite this Island and its sister to the east under favorable rule." They ponder the issue for a few moments, then decide to direct him to what appears to be the weakest of the surrounding areas. "If you would like to expand your domain, it appears from our vantage that West Norn might be the most optimal area to begin expanding your sorcerous and industrial base once this tower and the adjacent mountain are to your liking. We suspect you or your armies could readily assimilate, reanimate, or convert the military presence there as it pleases you."

As Amrom begins to fade, another question is asked of the Dark Lord. "There is a Red Dragon to the south, recently awakened. Since you are an elder being, we thought you might know of him, and he knows of Amrom, so we thought he might be a valuable ally. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with him?"

Very happy with this guy.
1. Suggesting the reanimation of the giants as something that would be great, especially if he can teach them necromancy or recover lost sorceries from them.
2. Suggesting he build up an industrial base around his Tower, and taking over portions of West Norn as needed.
3. Asking about Old Man Red.
4. Letting him know we'll provide help if he needs it.

Amrom, The Answer, Old Man Red

Amrom wastes no time in addressing the Dragon. Too late, and it could end up working for one of his opponents. With its fire, even the irrational Ignatz might seek it out. "Dragon, we know you have heard of Amrom. We see the book in your possession. We seek agreement, by which you may be endowed with massive wealth." The lich-bodies pause, gauging his reaction, and continue. "If you were to spread death, teach the world the power of dark magics, and force the humans in your area organize their production, we would see the possibility of allegiance with you. This may not seem to be what you prefer, but consider that the mortals of this land are fairly pathetic in their ability to produce wealth and provide you with your rightful tribute as a powerful and ancient being due to their ignorance of magic and production. We feel you would be much happier if they were re-educated and re-organized in a form akin to our mutual liking."

The Lich-beings curiously hear and echo, and continue. "We ask not your obedience. You are old and powerful, and deserve respect. We merely offer a suggestion for how we might work together to encourage these humans to obey you, and, let it be known, we are a powerful ally."

Amrom fades away. "Answer whenever you please, We are everywhere. Oh, and what would you like us to call you? It is our suspicion that Old Man Red is a moniker of ignorant humans, not the sort of thing that should be used between equals."

1. Suggesting the Dragon go full-on Dragongame and begin magical rulership over the humans while extracting tribute and potentially dealing death to some resisters.
2. Asking him his name to be polite.
3. Looking for hints of anything else that might interest him.

Amrom, The Answer, Azariah

The dogs are away.
They thought one portion of the triad was sufficient.
We will show how difficult it is for one to light their candle without Amrom!

Amrom appears in a dream to the Prophet Azariah The Great. "Azariah, The Troll King is mighty indeed. We now have an understanding of his true power. He can be defeated, but not immediately." They send him visions of the Northern portion of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. "Azariah, cunning tricks have caused the rulers of this industrialized nation to depart their castle, their seat of government. Their capital city is full of the insane, and a general is engaged in mass slaughter there now. There is no better time for you to begin to take your own dominion, so that you might become powerful enough to challenge the Troll King."

"Thus far, your studies of industry have been neglected, and so you lack the numbers and raw power to defeat the Troll King. By establishing an industrial base, you will be able to create the mightiest of armies, and ultimately be able to defeat any opposition. You must strike at the seat of Government in the castle, convert the countryside, and begin to produce our ultimate beings, The Dreadnoughts."

Amrom shows Azariah a God's-Eye view of the continent, indicating Sersan, Yune, Vaten, and two small settlements. "These will begin your domain. The castle will be yours to furnish and populate as you see fit. When you have expanded sufficiently to defeat the Troll King, we will alert you, and then you will show him that those who reject Undeath cannot avoid the final death."

1. While the Merchant Princes are stranded in the West, Azariah will destroy the remaining opposition within the Castle immediately north of Fairdeal and raise them as an addition to his personal guard.

2. Valen, Yune, Sersan, and the two smaller areas will 'piggy'back on Gohdog's action that converted the area to socialism. They will pioneer a new form of social organization where Necromancers defend and protect the population in both life and undeath, and everyone is encouraged to pursue a sorcery or engineering education to ascertain how to best serve the Undead State.

3. In the aformentioned cities, establish production facilities for the Dreadnoughts. Dreadnoughts are hulking metal beings powered by magic and containing the souls of the deceased. They are sentient, can learn magic, and are effective for both industrial production and, should the need arise, war.

======================
IAC Note: Let me know about the Forests of Shade, especially what kind of beings can be found there and how they are organized.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 5, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Answer, Mindscape

He's clever.
He's not as similar to us as the Dark Lord.
We have something for his kind, though.

To Red: "Did you hear the words of the destroyer? He demands your obedience and would have you be a simple instrument of his will. My proposition is that we assist you in making the land of Defae your own territory and allow you to extract the wealth from it for your personal stores, possibly expanding to more territory on this continent or another portion of the world if you so desire." Amrom pauses, continuing. "Perhaps it is not your way to teach Necromancy. Teaching Destructive magics could provide you with powerful servitors as well, and we could consider granting you the power to revive those you slay, even if you are not interested in teaching it. There are many possibilities, but these are only the beginning."

"Most importantly, we offer you protection. The Dark Lord who rises to your North is already our ally, and we ourselves are powerful. The Destroyer will seek to have you aimlessly kill as many as possible and begin wars pointlessly, but we aim to help you build something bigger than that instead of treating you like a mindless weapon."

"And, should you desire it, we can offer eternal life so that you might fear no Dragonslayer. What is dead or sleeping, we may simply return to the world again. Sense the Dark Lord's awakening, as he is proof of this."

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Krast, Staring Down Meroth

Intolerable.
He begins strife everywhere.
It cannot be helped, since it is in his nature.

Amrom sighs, as much as bodies without lungs can sigh. "Will you really deny the people you drew into war the possibility of seeing their loved ones return? Will you have them fight for an eternity in far-away lands? Will you force the Dead and Living to be enemies?" They collect themselves. "We suppose you would. It is obvious we will oppose this, like we opposed Ignatz when Ignatz tried to bring hatred upon our people. Our followers are already becoming dark without your help."

Without any further words, Amrom tries to intervene and show the citizens of Krast that the Angel is a liar. While she has eternal life, she would deny it to them. While she could allow them to see their loved ones again, in truth, it is only the followers of Amrom who will allow this, and she desires them instead to be condemned to destruction against the power of the Dark Lord and Azariah. She would send them into an unwinnable fight where they would surely die. Instead, perhaps they might focus on bringing back those who were lost in the war to guide them to greater development and security.

This will have to get blocked. I'll send in a power bid.

Amrom, The Sea, Goh-fu'di

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IR2WHgP39I
They are forgotten.
Abandoned by their gods, with no real way to make a living.
Let us change it.

Amrom ponders all the destruction that has happened this year already by his followers. "It is time to make a group of travelers who can show that life after death can be enjoyable. Gohdog has already assisted us by making joyful wanderers. We will provide them eternal life and the opportunity for gainful employment, so that they may never have to cease wandering for lack of food or supplies, and any of their number who perishes may be brought back."

"With secrets of sorcery, technology, and eternal life, they will be among the world's most desirable trading partners. Everyone will like them! People will finally begin to understand that we are not only to be feared, but to be loved." As the Goh-fu'di begin to sail southwards, a dark cloud descends, and their transformation begins.

1. At night, on the sea, a darkness envelops the Goh-fu'di, and they all depart the mortal coil. BUT:

2. The bones shake and rattle, and the Goh-fu'di return as The Sailors Eternal.

While they can enjoy food, they do not starve. While they can drink, they do not die of thirst or get hungover. Furthermore, they recall many secrets of Sorcery, Undeath, and seagoing technology that they can trade anywhere that will have them; Obviously the Dark Lord's territory and the Northern Confederacy are obvious landing points, but hopefully some other areas will also have some interest. Valk has an existing interest in magic and industry, and perhaps some of the Freebooters will be interested in the advantages of undeath for themselves.

Amrom, The Dark Lord's Mindscape

"Dark Lord, more power will come soon enough. We will not allow any trouble to befall you. While you declared that diplomacy would be necessary with the humans, the methods you used were a bit direct for an initial movement, and we will be looking to demonstrate an alternative for you while adding to your holdings."

Changing tone, they whirl around the Dark Lord in a flurry, curious about many recent happenings. "What do you know about the MorningStar whose true name is unspoken? Our envoy called upon his power, and we fear for his eternal soul. Do you know the consequences of such a bargain, and whether such a being is worth trying to contact ourselves?"

"The Conclave of Magi is powerful, but reclusive. Do you think recruiting them to our cause would be fruitful? They boast of great power."

Finally, they ask about the nearby whirlpool. "What do you know of Kvvll's Hand and the being that lies within it? Does it bear any kinship to us? We worry if we do not make an alliance with it, another will do so soon."

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 10, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Sea, Goh-fu'di and Maen

The irrational one.
She struck Gohdog, and yet claims his refugees.
However, we do not seek to make an enemy of her.

Amrom looks carefully at Maen. "If you are still interested in caring for them, we need not intervene. They are yours to direct. You do not need to make threats." The three liches begin to fade away. "We are departing now. Know that we are not the enemy you seem to fear so much. The Moon, Chaos, Madness, Love, and Art, the life after death does not necessarily exclude any of these things."

Retract all interactions with the Goh-fu'di.

Amrom, Krask, Meroth's Crusade

The violent one.
He seeks to increase strife and bring violence.
Well, if Gohdog wants to stop it, it may be so, but we must be prepared to show that we are unafraid.

"Fine, Meroth. Go ahead. If you want to start a war, then do it." The bodies of Amrom shrug in unison. "Maybe Gohdog or someone else will stop you in the name of Peace. But, we maintain that we neither welcome nor fear war, and so we will not act to stop it."

Retract the block on Meroth.

I still have plans to act, but I've got something important tomorrow morning. I wanted to go ahead and retract these. Ignore the PMs saying to do them.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Sea, Meroth's Crusade Against the Dead

They hate us.
Our most excellent gift, and they want only to destroy it.
Ignatz was able to anger us, but Meroth has saddened us.

Mandatory Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXd0rNU3IzU

Amrom looks sadly at the fleet full of angry humans. "This hatred has no basis, Meroth. We brought not a single undead to their continent, and we have tried, yes, we have tried to spread our message peacefully. There will not be war between our children and the Sons of Man." But, the diatribe of the three falters. "It saddens us that this could be successful. We aim to improve the lives of all sentient living creatures; We provide the route for them to remove their hardships, bring back lost loved ones, no longer be at the mercy of the fields or tides or seasons."

The bodies gather their resolve and begin to stare resolutely at the oncoming force. "We must rise above. We shall love our enemies, for they know not what they do. We love and see the potential in every son of Man, and we will love them till the end and ever after."

As the ships continue to sail southwards towards the continents of undead, the skies darken. It is a new moon, and an entire city is adrift in a lonely sea. "There is hate in your hearts, but our mercy is infinite. There is darkness, and we will let you be the light. Even if every bone in your body is ground to dust, even when the sun and moon are extinguished and this entire world will be no more, we will raise you up on the last day."

Somehow, the surroundings of the ships become even darker. Fires are extinguished till naught a candle burns in the entire fleet. "I am the resurrection. I am the life. If you believe in me, even though you die, You shall live forever."

Intended Actions:
1. The darkness envelops the fleet until their souls go dark and every living being in it dies.

2. Bone, metal, and stranger materials from beneath the waves combine with all five hulls to produce one grand ship, The Emperor of Night, featuring an astounding combination of magical and industrial technology, with the capacity to sustain itself at sea indefinitely. Secrets of necromancy and technology are carved upon the walls in a strange script, providing great knowledge for the brave and motivated.

3. The beings aboard are revived as undead loyal to Amrom, with knowledge of secrets of industry, sorcery, and undeath from their time in the darkness. As a side effect, they can see perfectly in pitch blackness, and they can use Sorcery to turn their gaze into a weapon. However, they are loyal to the ship, and primarily seek to bring it around the world to spread the knowledge, power, and glory held within; They are capable of running the ship and will not typically go anywhere they are not wanted unless given a sign, but will defend themselves if attacked.

Amrom+The Dark Lord, West Norn

We will teach him something.
Violence is not the only answer.
If he can learn to persuade, he might become the greatest of all pretenders.

"Thank you for this knowledge, Dark Lord. We have taken it into account and will not trifle with these other beings at this time. For now, we would like to demonstrate something for you, as you said when we first awakened you that the humans should be dealt with diplomatically."

With a few brief incantations, Amrom gestures over the battlefield at Kine where Meroth murdered everyone some time ago. "Surely these spirits have some kin at the fort. The soldiers that prevent you from holding the chokepoint between Morag Mar and Fort Neem will be convinced by their deceased brothers, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, and grandfathers that to join with you, with our empire, is the way. I shall try it."

4. Use the ghosts of those killed by Meroth to convince the men of the Fort in West Norn to voluntarily join Dark Lord because his secrets of magic and industry and the possibility of becoming an eternal undying sentinel could make them powerful enough to oppose gods and dragons. The ghosts are evidence enough that an ordinary fort of ordinary men alone cannot stop the things now rising.

IAC NOTE: Once these actions are resolved, I'm done for the year.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 11, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, East Norn, Ignatz

Our old nemesis returns.
He was always there, waiting.
Let us hope the third time is not his charm.

Amrom laughs. "Ignatz, old friend, we are somehow not surprised to notice you opposing us again. Some debate on the merits of the undead condition would be healthy, and we would be confident the truth would win out. However, we protect our people as surely as you protect yours, and we cannot allow you to incite lynchings of anyone who is even interested in our secrets."

The liches gesture at the continent to the North, where the Green Mountain and Monastery lie. "How would you respond if we incited the Orcs to kill your dreamers or your monks? Surely you, as a fellow deity, would not simply tolerate it. We will test our will against yours once again, and we will see if you have become greater than us."

I really wanted to let this action ride, but inciting lynchings of suspected necromancers is going too far, as Amrom has an obligation to protect his followers. I could let it ride if it were just general craziness and misinformation.

1. Block the creation of the Fox Noose Network. Power bid sent.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, East Norn, Ignatz and Platonis

Interesting.
Ignorance Versus Education.
We have spread much law and education this year, and it is only right Platonis takes this stand.

"Very well, Ignatz. We will honor our agreement and withdraw our bid. Let us see if your force of will is stronger than the Lord of Education." Amrom then turns to Prokosch. "We believe your view of Undeath is the correct one. It pleases us greatly to see you defend it. If you prove the strength of your will is greater than that of the Lord of Ignorance, we imagine many secrets in the future for your people. Perhaps between our towers and yours we will set up, a, how do you say, 'Exchange Program.'"

With that, Amrom withdraws and observes.

Ignatz's toning-down requires Amrom to honorably withdraw the block attempt; If it's not a direct threat to his people, he isn't really bothered enough about a mortal demagouge to make it a showdown, and the action is so funny I can't be mad about it.

Platonis, of course, hates ignorance it all forms, so it's only natural he would be the one to oppose Bil O'Rlyeh.

Bid withdrawn. Ignore the block action and PM bid, IAC.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Dark Lord, West Norn

You see, Dark Lord?
Violence is powerful, but not the only way.
See if you can put our teachings into practice.

"Dark Lord, an emergency arises. If the soldiers at Fort Neem end up killing their former countrymen, this will be terrible for morale and ruin our reputation. We must integrate the surrounding areas before man begins killing man over simple misunderstanding." Amrom gestures to two locations. "First, I suggest that you test the capabilities of the Giants by granting them lordship over the Castle in West Norn, provided they take it. Second, I suggest you seize Cankine and begin developing it as a second industrial and magical center. It is proximal to East Norn, where our enemies have begun to deploy their forces."

"We plan to grant you power in the coming year. The more effectively and efficiently our goals are accomplished, the more power you will be granted. Regardless, we will honor our bargain and protect you from the other Gods and Pretenders."

Suggesting The Dark Lord do the following:
1. Send the Undead Giants (4 Attack/4 Life) to take over the Castle of West Norn, giving the Dead Giants a place to call home once again.

2. Change Cankine into a center of Necromancy, Magic, and Industry loyal to the Dark Lord by demonstrating the unrivaled benefits such things have to offer. Ideally, this will allow the Dark Lord use his armies to carefully scrutinize any adventurers or demagogues coming from the South.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom-Gohdog's Mindscape

He's noticed it too.
We haven't found the answer.
The prophet may be out of control.

The bones of Amrom's bodies twitch nervously at the question. "Azariah has grown different, and we have come to question this destiny for him. Perhaps the death of the Troll Father at his hands is not an inevitability, perhaps Azariah's journey will take him elsewhere. We are unsure of how it will end, and doubtful that the destruction required to end the Troll Father's long life is worthwhile, even if he is a staunch opponent of Necromancy."

"Do not tell him this. If he knows we doubt him, he will abandon all reason and seek more power from below. The point has been to create a democracy, not tyranny, and it is of course our own responsibility to handle this in the long run."

This is intended as direct telepathy to Gohdog. I definitely do not want Azariah to overhear this, and if he can, I would rather retcon Amrom to be completely unresponsive.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Gohdog's Mindscape

The pig remains wise.
We must not let things spiral out of control.
More work is needed to demonstrate the true path.

Amrom appears before Gohdog in the Heavens, the Liches now equipped with a Scythe and Orb. "And even for there to be Death, there must first be Life. The road to extinction is not one we wish to travel. You are correct that we must assert our authority and demonstrate that our gifts are not terrifying or destructive, but are instead infinite creative power!" With a mighty explosion of darkness, Amrom vanishes, off to set things right.

Amrom, Azariah+Kesk, Humanitarian Initiatives

The Dark Lord at least understands the concept of diplomacy.
Azariah's path must be changed, or we may lose him to the Morningstar.
It is time to begin his re-education.

Azariah dreams once again, and Amrom appears. "Prophet! There are things you must understand. You will never become a true leader if you are only hated and feared." The liches gesture to the high mountains. "The Trollfather is strong because he is admired, because he provides things that are desired. Trolls look to him with admiration. You have learned how to fight and kill, but you must learn how to be loved."

"Look to Kesk. Their infrastructure suffers, they lack the sorcerous or industrial knowledge to improve it, and Death comes too early and too often to them. All of us together with provide them with what they need so that they desire to become our allies."
Now, Amrom gestures to the Wraiths and the Dreadnoughts. "You have the professors Ignatz killed and the mightiest construction machines in the entire world. The academy of MAGOS is our ally already. Together, we will rebuild Kesk and build it even greater and more wonderous that it has ever been."

As more detailed instructions flow into Azariah's dreams, Amrom disappears and makes a brief visit to Gohdog's mindscape. "Is this what you had in mind? We believe it will turn out nicely. The value of our gifts will be given a chance to speak for itself."

IAC NOTE:This action is tentative, and I will need to discuss some of the finer points with you.
1. Send Azariah on a mission to peacefully convince the Leadership of Kesk that their Nation's decline can be halted through a peaceful union with the Northern Confederacy.

2. Have the Wraith-Professors and the Mages of MAGOS teach the secrets of Dreadnought-building to allow for more efficient infrastructure, construction, and maintenance through Necromancy, Sorcery, and Undeath, and use Necromancy and Sorcery to train Healers and Resurrectors to combat the decline in trained medical professionals.

3. Set aside Mifel, Omette, and the two Small Towns adjacent to Omette as a refuge for followers of Ignatz and other malcontents.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, Kesk, vs. Mimsy

The Elves too.
A poor choice.
We must not be stopped.

Amrom's lich-bodies look disappointed. "We had assumed there had existed an understanding. We did not interfere with your efforts to spread Elves everywhere and create a massive empire, and you did not interfere with our efforts to spread our blessings. It was a happy arrangement, and you hold much more territory and population on this continent than our people do."

"Block if you will. However, if you do this, we may not be able to ignore your backing of the Troll Father and reckless unchecked expansion. When the Light shines upon the Darkness, Shadows will always be cast."

Amrom will attempt to overcome the block if Mimsy goes through with it, but interference with Amrom's big peaceful action will mean I can't promise to keep letting the Elves and Troll Father do whatever they want. Choose carefully.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The Cult of the Dragon, Old Man Red's Mountain

What a mess.
Mimsy and Meroth are as bad as Maen.
Perhaps alliteration has some meaning.

The lich-bodies appear deep within the treasure-horde, far away from any prying eyes. Quickly, they identify the eye which caused this horrible crisis. "Death is our dominion. This foolish artifact has caused more than its share. We will retain it until a worthy purpose for the eye makes itself clear." With Kwll's death, it fell to them to take stewardship of the Eye until its purpose became clear.

Amrom is going to teleport down, quickly remove the eye from the mortal world, then de-manifest and keep the eye with him.

Amrom, The World, Hand of Kwll

Adventurers.
They seek the Hand of Kwll.
But does anyone know where it is?

Amrom noticed that the adventurers gathered. In their current state, the Dark Lord and his armies would eliminate them, but that confrontation would be wasteful, a pointless drain which would benefit only Meroth. No, it was time to be more clever. Amrom would find the Hand of Kwll and then ascertain its purpose and what ought to be done with it. If these adventurers killed another pretender, the fallout could bring this world to an end.

As an afterthought, they thought that it also might be worthwhile to look for any other items of cosmic power unearthed by Kwll's dramatic death. Those, too, could be just as problematic if battles over them were to begin.

Amrom is looking for Kwll's missing hand and any similar items. IAC, I am interesting in divining their locations.

Amrom, The Dark Lord, Southwest Continent, Dark Lord's Dominion, Dark Lord's Mindscape

Recoverable.
This may advance our relative position.
Death's role is to manage tragedy and loss.

"We know, Dark Lord, we know. Kwll is dead, and his death curse has left nearly all beings in a deplorable state of Sloth. However, our territory grows larger, and Magnus has demonstrated it is possible to cleanse beings of this curse." They calmly survey the scene and develop a plan of action for the Dark Lord. "We will purify the souls here, on this continent. It is the most at-risk due to all of the massing of enemies and wanton destruction. Then, we will begin work on the southeastern continent, and then, ultimately, it will be this Empire which proves to be the most resilient and functional." They explain further, "We will send out doctors to heal the body, and whatever sorcerers and necromancers retain their passion to reignite the fire in their minds that made them long for power and knowledge like ours. It is possible to cure this blight. We have seen it done."

"And beware the adventurers. They are not to be underestimated. Many Gods back them, and right now, they are even more dangerous than the Dragon."

With that, Amrom proceeds to inspire those who did not succumb to break the curse which held their fellows in thrall. They go out into the towns and cities and through a combination of magic, impassioned speeches, and bringing back memories, hopefully their spirits would be restored and they would remember what motivates them.

Advising the Dark Lord to stay on guard while I purify his area on the Southwestern Continent within the Darklord's Dominion first; That means the Tower, Morag Mar, the Castle, Dern, the undead population of Kline that I revived, Fort Neem, and Cankine.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 10, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom - Kwll's hand, The Tree of Life, Elven Retreat

Mimsy wouldn't like this.
It will even things out after her stunts.
We would never let real harm come to the Elves anyway.

Amrom is pleased. Within the deep forest, they had accomplished what Kwll could not; The Eye and Hand are reunited. In this time of uncertainty, perhaps the ancient once-great beings, Kwll and Braum, could light the way. Kwll was no more than a mad beast when awakened, but it was clear that once there was something far more there. Perhaps together, the secrets of those mysterious wounded beings would be clear. Or, perhaps it would be clear that the items were so dangerous that they should be taken to Amrom's piece of the netherworld and never touched again.

At any rate, they were even with Mimsy now. Hopefully this drat fool thing on the Moon will blow over.

Going to take the Hand in the same way and investigate what properties the Hand and the Eye seem to have when united.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 11, 2014

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom, The World, Librum of Silver Magic

This is an opportunity.
But self-mutilation is a huge risk, only done after careful consideration.
We should seek what we can before all items of power are gone.

Amrom deliberates carefully. The Egg did not resonate with him; These new "pretenders" were a risky presence, and what was an Egg if not a vessel to give birth to some other being they would have to contend with. Sorcery was what they knew, and no other god was as committed to Magic as they were. It would be sought out.

Looking for the Librum of Silver Magic; Trying to ascertain what it is and whether I can take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Amrom - The Darklord's Domain

A Critical Choice.
The decision must be made.
It is time.

Amrom blasts away the curse with the force of industry. No being, living or dead, would be slothful in its domain. Let it be done.

Purify the living.

Amrom - The Eye and The Hand

Amrom's first two bodies stare incredulously at the third. "You cannot do this. We will all die." The last body shakes its head. "You do not know that. The only thing we do not know is what these artifacts do when combined. If we are to set a good example, it is necessary for us to ascertain this." The two other bodies attempt to stop the third body, but it is too late. He has attached the Eye and the Hand. It is out of their control now.

Let's give it a shot, GM.

• Locked thread