Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

sticklefifer posted:

I can't tell which outcome would need therapy more: Someone so obsessed with a lovely webcomic that they'd have a meltdown, or an internet troll that puts that much effort into the gimmick.
I really thought it was a troll initially, but this is just too far beyond the pale to be anything done by a stable person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Perhaps he's an unstable troll. Best of both worlds, double the therapy! :haw:

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Portals posted:

I'm mostly saddened that there are a couple of people commenting on that tumblr that seem to be supporting Bromide.

Have you ever seen Tumblr? It's a safe space for all kinds of lunacy.

Pijonsnodt
Jul 14, 2012
I'm going to work on the assumption the trans angle is real and call this individual she from now on.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Portals posted:

It's sincere, it would be extremely difficult for it not to be. This is a legitimate breakdown.

I'm mostly saddened that there are a couple of people commenting on that tumblr that seem to be supporting Bromide. I wonder how they got sucked into this mess.

I think the "support" is mostly of the "don't kill yourself, take a deep breath, try to relax" nature, not the "I will join your holy crusade" so Bromide isn't going to listen.

I do wonder what the actual Shredded Moose dudes are thinking about all this.

pringledingle
Apr 3, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think the "support" is mostly of the "don't kill yourself, take a deep breath, try to relax" nature, not the "I will join your holy crusade" so Bromide isn't going to listen.

I do wonder what the actual Shredded Moose dudes are thinking about all this.

I'm guessing that the real twist here is that Bromide is the Shredded Moose guy.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

quote:

let me ask this what kind of women smothers a helpless child she helped create in the crib? an evil disgusting pig with no respect for anyones dreams but hers.

they need to do way instain artist> who kill thier art babbys. becuse these transwomyn cant frigth back?

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."
I kind of feel like I don't have a choice since he keeps plastering my name all over tumblr. I mean, its not a big secret by its weird and creepy.

SO HERE IS SOME OF THE INTERACTIONS BETWEEN BROMIDE AKA TREY WILLIAMS AND MYSELF
Names not withheld because gently caress you, that's why.

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 3:14 PM
To: knbrannock@gmail.com
Whoops, forgot I wasn't Dobson! This is SpoonfulofBromide from SA and I'm thrilled you're interested cuz the aesthetic you got going is very unique! I love it from seeing a few pictures alone! :D

So if you're game for a long-term co-authorship, willing to put up with me and my crazy ideas, can take on the daunting Monday Wednesday Friday schedule and got no problem with causing controversy to generate interest I can make this worth your while!

In all honesty, I've just gotten burnt by another artist I was working on this with who took my money but I don't see what's so hard about giving people money for making awesome art! Other than keeping to the deadline, thats the only thing I require and I'll keep that money rolling in!

The final thing I need to mention is that controversy is gonna play a big role in people's interest in this comic because of humorous things I've been saying around the webcomic community. Maybe you even recognize me from saying this haha!

Well, I am excited to hear your response! I'm eager to get started ASAP and get you on a decent payroll!

All the best,
Trey

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM
To: Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com>
Cool! I'm glad you like my art, complements still make me giddy :D
I'm ready, but after we talk about this controversy first of course. I'm fine with a whole hell of a lot, but I'm not cool with sexism and racist stuff. I'm fine addressing it but not fine making sexist and racist jokes.

Hope thats cool
Kris

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 9:27 PM
To: Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com>
No prob Kris!

I was actually thinking about including this whole disclaimer thingie for you about what I'm planning on writing in my webcomic but I didn't want to scare you off by getting all serious! It spoils the atmosphere of why I'm writing the comic, my love of really silly, sometimes ridiculous jokes and good ironic humor! :D

SO here goes; I love everyone, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, disability, animals and just about everything else you could list that lives here on earth. I am a large believer in the central principles of feminism and social justice; they make everyone feel equal and happy. What more does an good, not hateful person want more than to simply be loved? As a (hopefully) good person myself I can assure you that this comic is not meant to be hate speech directed towards anyone for being who they are.

However, there will be constructive criticism and good natured ribbing directed at people for being jerks to other people.

What I don't like are these bullies and sociopaths; abusive people who pervert these good causes for their own gains and harm others in their wake. This webcomic is called Watch Your Mouth and its basically what happens in the far flung (possibly sexy-steampunk) future when these people get all the power and can censor whoever they feel like if it goes against their credo.

Man, I hope all this doesn't scare you away. This is all of "MUH DEEP THEMES" n' stuff. You've made some honestly adorable stuff and all of my characters are meant to be humorous, adorable, likeable and redeemable regardless of their views. The over-enabled main character, for instance is meant to be sociopathic in a very cute, naive way rather than pure evil. And while other people may perceive this comic as whatever they want, I'm saying right now that this comic come from my love of good zingers and my desire to show everyone how ridiculous all of these different ideologies are when they could just love each other for being human beings

Sorry this is looonger than in needed to be. But I just wanted to make sure that while this might cause some shennangans, I honestly believe that its heart is in the right place. Don't worry, after this it will be pure fun and hilariousness!

And like I said, this is intended to be a co-authorship so you're allowed to veto anything that you don't agree with or makes you feel uncomfortable!

Oh and wanna see the main characters? I sketched em up right now just for ya! They're not too good looking but hey, thats community college art class for ya! XD

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Oh that sounds awesome! Every movement has their week point that needs to be pointed out of course, and if I'm able to give my input I'm really happy!
So yeah, go a head and show me your main characters! (And don't down play your art classes, I had fancy private art school and it didn't teach me much o_o )

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Double awesomeness! I feel so much better about showing you the premise

Watch Your Mouth is set in the sexy steampunk future after a massive sexual revolution and the world is ruled by crazed advocates of Social Justice, an establishment that advocates gender equality and shuns racism. Both fantastic causes but these ideals are enforced with violence and brutality towards anyone who speaks out against them in the slightest. Eventually expressing any disdain for these rules of society will result in immediate censorship of person themselves.

The comic stars the products of this society, a beautiful transsexual woman named Car0lyn 452 (named after an awesome Thomas Dolby song) who is a wacky, crazy, goofy but well meaning individual who parades around in nothing but a corset (for fighting crime) all day and doesn't understand why her view isn't objective for everyone and Mechanikail (Mechkail for short) her snarky gay android friend who resembles Elvis Costello (or Buddy Holly take your pick) wearing a pink scarf and dark rimmed hipster glasses, who was engineered to be the perfect "gay mall buddy" (He secretly despises this immensely.)

Basically each 3 panel comic is their wacky adventures. They use Car0lyn's parents retirement money (they just sit around anyway) to purchase a coffee enema shop where they encounter all their wacky strawmen opponents including but not limited too Strudel (a middle aged Asian man's head on a scarecrows body) who is a feminist webcomic writer and always comes after people with the stupidest arguments that even he doesn't believe, Girl Is Rightly Nuts, a parody on the youtube commentator Girl Writes What, who is an MRA who greatly despises Car0lyn and other tranwomyn like her because they are "ruining society" for her daughter, Trent Braggerty, one of the few remaining Alpha males left in society who Mechkail hates but secretly wants to hatefuck, and Nick Beard, a hairy, chubby little guy whose professional job is calling Car0lyn an overweight, sexless loser on 4chin.

I even have big plans for a site where I write a blog (written as an irl version of Car0lyn, using pen name Liz Davis as the author of the comic) to accompany each comic, on a MON WENS FRI schedule that points out ways freedom of speech is being censored or oppressed IRL as well as reviews and updates on the latest media. It's kind of a way to get people coming back for more.

Attached are my best attempts at Car0lyn and Mechkail but this is not the style I want them in, its more like the only style I can draw in haha!

Trey

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Cool cool, I see areas where there *could* be problems that depends more on the script, which I would like to see some of :D But I'm board, so I guess we should just talk money. I'm not looking for a whole lot, just whatever, because I think I could actually GET exposure this way hehe

I'm going to send you some sketches tonight!

-Kris

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Hey I'm glad you think this could help you too! There is gonna be a lot of people from the SJW community involved with this actually if they don't forget about this recent nonsense I stirred up!

I need to tell you one thing though. David Willis is already aware of me and posted one of my rants on his tumblr to show the world how crazy all his enemies are! He deleted it sadly now but Linkara and Jeph Jacques were also involved in these arguments.

Basically what I've been doing is pretending to be an enormous fangirl of the "so bad its funny" webcomic Shredded Moose and claiming there was some "SJ"conspiracy" involving Willis and Jacques that they hired a "reviewer hitman" named John Soloman to take it down. I've got some pretty funny twitter posts from them as a result of this!

This webcomic is going to be crazed fangirl and blog writer Liz Davis' response to the SJ conspiracy who believes is impeding on her freedom of speech in the webcomic community. Her self insert is Car0lyn 452 and you can do the same with someone else in the comic, or make your own character to represent the artist who draws this!

I can promise you though that all of this is in good fun and for exposure for your art and my joke writing and satire but there is nothing intended to hurt people or steal webcomic fan's money like this John Campbell guy.

Alright so how do you want to set up the payments? I'm just a two minimum wage job college student but I want to make sure you get what you deserve for an awesome job!

Oh and do you need any more details on these characters, i have tons. Oh but I do have some requirements for the art style but lets talk about the money first, that's the most important part.

All the best,
Trey

[Quoted text hidden]
Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Trey,

I haven't heard anything about the controversy but I don't run in the same tumblr circles. Though trying to google it (there isn't much) and reading about it a little, I'm starting to feel a little bit uncomfortable. This is why I'd like to peek at the scripts :) I seems it could go one of two ways of :1 making fun of people who can't take criticism and think its censorship, and the audience knows Liz Davis and crazy/wrong and that's the joke. Or 2) it could go the rout that SJW are ACTUALLY censoring people, Liz Davis is our long suffering hero and there for evil femi-nazis need to be stopped. The later is what makes me uncomfortable.

I may be being sensitive, its just SJW get a bad rap I don't think they all deserve. I feel like SJW actually opened my eyes to my own internalized racism and sexism (and I thought I was super liberal before!)

Anyway, as far as payment, it kind of depends on how/if you think you'll make money from this. I'm happy to take a little ($25 a comic?) and a % of the profits or something.

Hope thats cool
Kris

[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Nah I understand you perfectly on this. I know my posts are tumblr-etc are crazy but they're just to get attention. As soon as I start up the comic, Liz Davis going to be intelligent and well spoken.

Mostly I'm trying to grab attention by mentioning the infamous webcomic, Shredded Moose which the whole internet despises despite the fact that the authors were trying desperately to get people to like it. Shredded Moose started out really bad and offensive, though it had really cool cel shaded art and more importantly, the belief in freedom of speech no matter what, no matter how stupid. People called it misogynistic and offensive, which it was but the authors listened to the people's complaints and tried their hardest to redeem their comic.

I'm claiming I'm gonna avenge its death with this comic (the only way its similar to SM is the promotion of freedom of speech) so people will come see it because of that and then they'll realize its just a silly, well written comic with honest views. Absolutely NO misogny or mindless bigotry.

Liz Davis' views are my views and I honestly believe in them, so nobody is being portrayed as a fool unless you think I'm a fool. XD She believes in freedom of speech even for assholes because its the job of the people to ignore those assholes rather than fight back. She, unlike Car0lyn 452, is a transwomen with self awareness, integrity and a genuine concern for the issues of everyone and how hypocrites are using noble causes like SJ and Feminism to hurt everyone all under good names.

Everything Davis says is entirely me, I am even the only person in the world who sees the good in Shredded Moose and am very sad everyone hates it because the writers wrote one of the best most extrodinairy feminist characters of all time, Monique and it is a tragedy that she was never recognized. She even subverted the notoriously sexist "Stuffed In a Fridge" trope with her reaction to her mothers death; becoming a person who wants to protect all women, especially her daughter from extreme misogyny but does so by being a compassionate human being rather than a vengeance crazy killer. She is just amazing and I will never hope to write a character as good as hers.

Davis uses the characters in the story to lampoon and criticize censorship while at the same time promoting their individuality and uniqueness. They are cartoon characters however, so they are very exaggerated but each has a good heart and an honest cause. The main villain and the leader of this society, however is called The Blob and it wants everyone to be like it and think like it because it knows we're all just blobs (guts) on the inside. It uses the SJ cause as reverse psychology, promote individuality but at the same time, silence those who speak out against hypocrisy.

Basically all I'm saying with this comic is all noble causes can be perverted and how we should avoid doing this. Freedom for all individuals comes first if they don't hurt or alienate their fellow human beings.

Being the possible co-author, what do you think we should add or subtract from this comic to make this work for you.

And yes, $25 per comics and definitely an equal cut of the profits. Was also planning a kickstarter too because I have an awesomely funny t-shirt design!

I'm a bit nervous that my comics might offend you because they are very over-the-top and self deprecating. They are all safe-for-work, even though some have very cartoony violence. Before I post any, first tell me what kind of stuff offends you so I can work to fix it if I have any like that.

I'm gonna be so sad if this doesn't work out cuz you look very promising! :( I'm a bit of a prankster but I would never insult an innocent person.

Take care,
Trey

[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM
PS: Don't look up Shredded Moose if goofy cartoon sexism and violence offends you greatly. The comic started out irredeemable and really lovely and if it stayed like that, I would NOT be raving about it. But like I said, the authors realized they were wrong and improved it tenfold. I'm just bummed they're still branded as villains. I even wrote a whole TV Tropes page with a friend on how they improved from their original horrendous (and only ironically funny) comic to something deeper and with actually likeable flawed characters.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/ShreddedMoose

Ugh, I'm sorry this must be like info overload for ya. Don't worry, all you have to truly worry about is doing the art and enjoying the money from it. :) But you are allowed to add personal statements to this too!
[Quoted text hidden]

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Trey,

I'm really really sorry but this is starting to really feel like a bad fit for me right now. I don't want to give you a few pages and then have to bail on it. But I'm getting this bad feelings like I should turn this opportunity down. Again, I'm sorry, as I know you're very passionate about it. You *should* consider drawing it yourself though, from what little you shown me you're a pretty good artist and nothing will improve your art faster then drawing comic pages.

Best of lucky
Kris

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Hey Kris,

Don't be afraid to tell me what's wrong with it. I think I went waaaaay too far into my idealogy for this. Its just a lighthearted coffee shop comic at the center of all this nonsense with jokes and characters I worked really hard on. Think Questionable Content turned on its head. And you can remove any element you don't like, I have no problem with changing anything.

If this comic doesn't appeal to an open minded person like you, it might not to other people and I want to fix that.

Thanks for humoring me at least,
Trey

And I'm not misrepresenting transwomen either. I've had struggles with my gender identity in the past and I really have no idea who I really am. I only present as a man because thats the only way I'd be accepted by anyone. I shove thishorrible gender dysphoria aside because my parents would hate me if they knew. I know their struggle, its something I've been going through for a long time. This at least gives me an outlet to stand for trans issues.

Trey

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM
What's getting me is the Shredded Moose drama, I think if we could put a lot of distance between this comic and that I'd feel a lot better. Like don't bring up SM when talking about What Your Mouth if you can help it. If you want to do something in the same style of Shredded Moose, as in a comic coupled with journal entries that great. But over all, I think that's the only part getting to me.

If we can work on that, I'm back on board. Sorry for the drama, I'm just thinking of protecting my name lol I have my own web comics I want to work on soon too so I have to think about not pissing off the people I want to read it.

So go ahead and start sending me everything ya got.

-Kris

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I get you entirely and I appreciate your honesty. I was just using Shredded Moose as leverage with Willis due to its infamy but I can cut that out of the equation completely. Chris Hall and Brian Krumm are not the "literary criminals" the internet brands them as but that is the last word you'll hear from me about it.

I care about your reputation because you're an awesome, innocent artist who doesn't deserve any mindless hate for my evil schemes. We must establish that heavily on the website haha!

That said, this franchise is a separate entity completely unassociated with Shredded Moose aside from the blog with comic formula. Plus, I don't think they'd tackle honest LGBTQ issues in a thousand years.

With that established, what should we work on first? How about the art style for the characters? Once we nail that we can launch right into comics. Like I said, I'm going for a simplified but heavily stylized look. Easy to produce but crafty, clever and attractive. Maybe even cel shaded! It could be the universal style for everyone save a bit of anime/bioshock infinite influence I want in Car0lyns design to make her look different from everyone else as a little side commentary.

Whenever you're ready lets go all out! :)
[Quoted text hidden]
Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Ok, phew, I feel a lot better now. :D

We'll work on style/character design first. I have a good idea of how you want it too look but it would help me if you send me as many examples as you can.
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
You caught me midway through this message but here's what I was writing!

I totally forgot but if we do a kickstarter, the money can go all to you! I'm in it for the fun and expressing myself in a creative way! I'm working on a logo and some ideas on how to pitch this kickstarter to the general public!

Here's one of the first jokes I'm gonna do, (before that we're gonna see Car0lyn purchasing Mechkail and her reaction when he comes out of the wooden crate)

1. Katie Kodak- Two TV viewers on a couch. How original, but where else are they supposed to watch it?

Panel 1: Car0lyn and Mechail are talking while watching TV.

Car0lyn: Omygod This is my favorite show, Chick of Time!

Mechkail: I’ve never seen it before. What’s it about?

Car0lyn: A time traveling 16 year old girl who's so crazy for the latest technology she got her left hand, scapula and knee caps all replaced by cameras.

Panel 2: Picture of Katie, Car0lyn's head keeps talking about it.

Car0lyn: More importantly, she researches cold fusion in such a cuuuuute mid drift! Where else can you see a half naked chick saying the word science? Certainly not in Bill Nye’s porn collection!

Panel 3: Different Angle of Mechkail and Car0lyn talking. Outside the window you can see the moon is halfway blue.

Car0lyn: The only lame thing is Katie Kodak only airs once in a blue moon. I hear fanboys are trying to paint the moon blue now!

Also just got done writing a five/six comic arc that's strangely poignant for me. XD Its about a mother-daughter relationship and what a mother wants her daughter to learn and what she doesn't. Its got a great twist ending too. After a few gag comics done to establish Car0lyn and Mechkail and the plot setting, I think I'm gonna use this as the first arc to introduce the characters of Girl Who's Rightly Nuts and her daughter.

[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Art-wise, my all time favorite style used in webcomics is the cel shading in the dreaded SM, mid 2008 (I'm sorry but its the truth) with Penny Arcade as a runner up, before the characters all started having five rows of teeth and tomato noses.

I want to take that cel shaded simplistic style and make it darker, sleeker and sexier. Replace the vibrant primary colors and give everything an edgier, dimmed lights appearance. I want to make it look like it takes place in a post apocalyptic dystopian world without going into fine detail. The art could also look very propoganda-ish with lettering assuming that role too.

Car0lyn and Mechkail (my drawing of him really doesn't suffice haha) are both ideal people that you'd see in propoganda art so they're the most attractive in the comic. Car0lyn is very pale, has a dark haired bob cut very similar to that Russian chick from kingdom of the crystal skull and a bunch of hilariously trashy tattoos that my brother suggested, including YOLO, SWAG, M.O.B. and 452 in roman numerals. Her proportions are the most unrealistic out of everyone; very tall and shapely. She claims she suffers from "Waipert's syndrome", the same as Elizabeth from Bioshock, which is why her head, eyes and breasts are all over sized and that people trivialize her because of this.

Mechkail is just Elvis Costello if he was a hipster but very chiseled and defined looking and, never without his signature pink scarf. (One of the things he laments about his programming is how it forces him into stereotypically gay situations) Robotic in his perfectness.

The strawmen should all have something that prevents them from reaching the MC's standard in attractive. Aka GWRN is a bit overweight if very pretty (she's based off of Girl Writes What but with black hair and some light freckles), Nick Beard is very hairy and Whomp like, Strudel is a loving scarecrow save for his head, which is a grumpy looking middle aged asian man's head (not discriminating against our strawmen brothers there tho!) and the one character I totally forgot MJ (Man-Jay) a gangly blond young man who lives to please attractive women and crusade for their rights in the most obnoxiously polite manner. My old artist did a great drawing of him that I could show you!

Trent Braggerty is the one exception in the strawmen, he's got adonis DNA.

Oh and I'm soooo loving sorry I offended you with that SM stuff! Believe me, if I knew I would've never mentioned it. :( I know I'm trying to be all controversial and stuff but whenever anyone is legitimately offended or hurt, I stop what I'm doing and apologize. Its what a decent human being would do, or at least in my opinion, thats what they would do.
[Quoted text hidden]

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I wouldn't say I'm offended by it but it seemed like a bit giant drama bomb about to go off! I mean, we all like things that aren't PC (if you only saw the fan-servicey anime I grew up on...) And this comic is suppose to be fun right? So lets keep it light ;)

You can go ahead and send me some of the other artist's art work that would be cool :)

Also on your first strip, I think the punch line shouldn't be so obvious, does that make sense? Like maybe Car0lyn says
" The lame thing is Katie Kodak only airs once in a blue moon but I hear the fanboys are working on that"
[Quoted text hidden]

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Oh definitely. Change anything you feel is lovely. I don't think thats gonna be the first joke but definitely one of the early ones. Unless you don't think its worthy. I'm gonna try and front-load this thing with my best "zingers".

I like SM not because its edgy and un-PC (and there is some horrible poo poo in it, that I outright hate) I really dig the art, the freedom of speech promotion and the character Monique and how she helps the fratboy douchebag realizes he's a misogynistic douchebag and he starts working really hard to apologize to all the women he's wronged. Its really sweet actually but I can understand why people treat it like a sex offender and why we shouldn't associate ourselves with it! With that said, this is the last time I'm gonna mention it.

I like the idea of keeping it light and silly! All of my best jokes, I think, are the ones that aren't spiteful!

I gotta send you the stuff tomorrow since I have to go to sleep now but I am looking forward to what we can accomplish! :D

Trey
[Quoted text hidden]

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Well treating it like a sex offender maybe a bit harsh, poor guys. But yeah, its too bad by the time the comic started making a turn for the good, it may have been too late.
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Exactly. Message is key. Unfortunately, what's done with SM is done and if you don't want Liz crusading for its acceptance she won't.

That said, I've got good/bad news, my job has cut its pay roll for the time being so I've got less working days and now I'm looking for more work. Normally that'd be bad but I'm pretty loaded so it's all ok on my end and I'll still be able to pay you $25 comic if that's what you want!

The good part of this news is now I can devote full days to the comic. So if you want to crank it out, I'll be here writing all the storylines, blogs and jokes and whatnot.

I'm really confident its gonna get a lot of attention on the webcomic circuit! You just have to trust me on this one! :) Like I said, thanks for being an awesome artist who considered taking up this crazy but hopefully fun job!

Trey

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM
That sucks, but I know that feel. I was laid off from a job I hated in November. The lack of money sucked but the extra time to work on my art was awesome!

I trust ya, you seemed to know then me about web comics! I read web-comics but the more full length story ones, instead of the funny strip ones (except for oglaf, love that one) You seem like you're really into the community, which is great.

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM
You nailed me! I'm really into the community and I have no idea why! I've always loved writing comics and now I want to enter "the machine" and see how good I really am at comedy, plus I want to help the community because I feel its really suffering now! Jeph Jacques and John Campbell both snapped from this hostile atmosphere, the former resorting to self destruction by getting really wasted and stabbing his hand, all because an irate fan was complaining that his character Marigold was an insult to "fat girls" everywhere because she wasn't fat enough.

Jeph is a genuinely nice guy as far as his public persona goes and he's being milked by the bullies in his fanbase that force him to only put out PC comics. There was literally a comic that he did with scatological/sexual humor and they all flamed him until he took it down. I think this kind of behavior needs to be called out; if you're gonna be SJ, I think you should promote love and acceptance and not hurt people like Jeph who only want their fanbase to be happy.

We're actually going to go into the first storyline after like 10 comics involving Car0lyn and Mechkail illegally obtaining their coffee shop and Car0lyn's dependent, yet hostile relationship with her parents who still insist on calling her Larry and have recently written her out of their will and adopted a new heir, an adorable 5 year old African boy who I'm still deciding the perfect name for. Despite a lot of tension between Car0lyn and her parents I've gotten a surprising amount of humor out of it and I can't wait to share it! Especially Car0lyn's attempts at getting money out of them so she can "build a little nest in the ruins of their broken dreams" according to Meredith Gran.

As for the FIRST comic, I really think its gonna be Car0lyn opening the crate containing Mechkail and activating him and while he's stating his "mall buddy" operatives shes starts crushing on him and starts looking for a metro switch. XD

Any particular info you need regarding anything else involving the actual comic to make things smoother? I know I dumped a whole lot of non comic info on you the other day and I feel so bad about that. I'm very passionate to a fault and I really gotta own up to that!

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Ok, I think I'm starting to get a better picture of the inner drama of the web comic world (and boy does it sound DRAMATIC) and it would seem that a big (or just very loud) group of fans can't criticize a comic with out going way over board. And I'm agreeing with you, anything and everything is up for criticism, but flaming a comic into the ground doesn't really accomplish much. Like, give people a chance to be like "geez I was wrong... I'll fix it"

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Yeah its not constructive criticism that most webcomics deal with. A lot of webcomic artists lock themselves in a community of fans that support them and ignore all criticism because "hey, if it makes money, I can't be wrong" I don't know if you read Questionable Content but don't you get this sterile feeling from it? Like its the same comic over and over?! I could be wrong but I feel like I'm trapped in quirky hipster purgatory when I read it! Jeph's too scared/satisfied to move in experimental directions and truly express himself!
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Aw man, I just heard the best quote ever: "Offensive content is a fascism barometer. It crosses the line to establish where the line is."

That said, I'm praying this comic isn't considered offensive. That's not its purpose.
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM
drat I just discovered this and it is MINDBLOWING. You draw the best jumping people EVER! And awesome stylized pecs too! haha Not to mention that guys left hand is like 3D in all of its cartoony glory.
[Quoted text hidden]

tumblr_ml6ojvYOew1qzh4meo7_500.jpg

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Are you stalking my blog?? hehe Thanks, I super like that piece :D I don't think it ever got the attention it derserve.
[Quoted text hidden]

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Hey is it a crime to love art despite having the capabilities of a fifth grader? I dream of all these amazing art aesthetics in my head that I wish I had a way of making real! That's why I respect artists so much; they're mental translators that make invisible dreams tangible. Art and music are often viewed as "just entertainment" but they speak for people in ways that we normally can't!

I'm gonna strive for your art to be highly recognized (unless you don't want it to be)
and I'm gonna try my heart out to make the writing and humor live up to it without smearing it. I'm not even kissing up haha but I don't equivocate art and writing, the former is far ahead of the latter in like everything since its a universal language for everyone!

And I can't believe that tumblr people are bullying the legendary Tom Siddell of Gunnerkrigg Court to the point he'd consider suicide as a way out. He made one little comment that somehow cancels out like 8 years of extraordinary artwork and writing for these nuts. I don't care if this is old news, when/if Watch Your Mouth ever comes out. I am tackling this issue you head on. You don't torture Tom Siddell, one of the nicest, most humble artists I've ever talked with.

This just pisses me off to the max but fortunately this anger become passion to change this community so nobody is threatened or hurt for trivial stuff like this.

[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:26 PM
you know maybe we should make Watch Your Mouth more like this or(at least a parody of this) in terms of art:http://www.monsterpop.mayakern.com/index.php

I find this comic nexplicably adorable for some reason and this is exactly what the tumblr audience goes for
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:32 PM
unless you already got some awesome plans for what i described, just trying to find stuff more similar to your art to make it easier on you
[Quoted text hidden]
Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Yeah, I got a good plan of how I want it too look, but I'll keep Monster Pop on as a style reference.

What did Tom Siddell say that got everyone so butt hurt? Also, crazy messages on tumblr is why I have anon turned off.
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM
I'm thinking that since this is ridiculing the more fascistic portions of tumblr, it should at least be able to attract them with a little sugar coating. If an adorable LGBTQ friendly fluff ball like Monster Pop ridiculed SJ hypocrites they would never see that coming.

That's the reason they all latched on to Tom, his work has broad appeal. I don't know for certain but I'm sure Gunnerkrigg Court can and probably does appeal to people of all genders, ethnicities and sexualities. That's why this is such a big blow up.

As for why they're attacking Tom, its because he said Lois Lane was acting like "a woman with a penis" in some movie. I guess I can see why he'd get flack for it but I'm 99.9% sure he was intending to say that Lois Lane's character was written like a male character and he was criticizing it. No harm intended to the trans community whatsoever. Tom is very hard on himself about his comic alone, he didn't say one positive word about it to me and he seemed bashful of it! Can you believe that?!
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM
This is pretty cool. Car0lyn as an edgy Adult Swim cartoon! Only problem is it looks way too convincing as such haha
[Quoted text hidden]

unnamed.png

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Ok, here's a little sketch, to show you the style I was going for. It'll be much more cleaned up of course, but it will be cell shading + colored lines, which I really like. Also really like how I drew Car0lyn, I was going to do more sketch ups of her, but I really like this one.
[Quoted text hidden]

Car0lyn 1.png

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM
drat you beat the adult swim guy by a mile (don't tell him that tho!) You captured the arrogant childlikeness of Car0lyn perfectly! (Doesn't sound like a compliment but it is one in the highest order to me!) I always picture her parading around with these little smirks on her face so this is like, get out of my head! And I got to admit, she looks a lot better less endowed! I love the way her bright blue eyes contrast with her blood red corset for some reason, its such contrasty brilliance! My ONLY nitpick is maybe her lips are bit too dark, and thick but otherwise I really, really love this! It is so rich in personality and color and cuteness and even better, she doesn't look like a cheap whore like mine! XD if you can dress a character in a corset without achieving that effect, you know you've got talent! haha
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM
and that was the effect I really wanted with this character! man, I'd give this an A and its just a sketch! What's the real thing gonna look like D:
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Came up with a clever idea just now, I'm thinking we play Watch Your Mouth as a melodramatic LGBTQ steamy steampunk drama with our mary sue whining about how wronged she is by her parents and society for the first few comics. That way we can attract people to it the same way Gunnerkrigg Court does and then make an abrupt left turn into gagsville, dropping all the pretension and focusing on quality jokes and self deprecating humor.

I'm figuring we advertise the serious pages in a kickstarter so everyone thinks this is gonna be some poignant sci-fi drama. The first comic is gonna require some detailed steampunk landscapes and the second one has more than the 3 panels so I got no prob paying you more than the standard $25 for these because the reaction is gonna be priceless! But first you gotta tell me, are these overdramatic monologues convincing enough?

This first comics probably going to need more than 3 panels just to cut down the size of these text boxes narrating Car0lyns thoughts.

Comic 1: Me

Panel 1: A pent house with an overlook showing a futuristic metropolis. Car0lyn is dramatically reflecting on her life while standing on the balcony

Yellow text rectangle narrating Car0lyns thoughts: My name is Car0lyn 2. Full name: Car0lyn 452, 45 was my mother’s maiden name, isn’t it pretty? As if. I’m an exile from her fascist empire, built upon impossible societal constraints and the quixotic belief in biological gender simply to chain me down. But at long last, I am free and shall erect my own empire within the gleaming steel jungle of Megashine City, an empire of free of bigots like the woman who begat me.

Panel 2: Car0lyn smiles as she looks at her caged pet an adorable pigeon-mouse hybrid. Her penthouse apartment is very sleek and sophisticated.

Yellow box: Hundreds of these creatures are vaporized daily by force fields on the priciest sky scrapers, I’ve seen it happen from the window of my penthouse. One night I switched it off and captured one who had clipped her wing on another force field. A Flying Rat, two of the most common vermin in the city decided they weren’t irritating enough so they made love just to flip the world the bird. They’re hated by most but how can I hate a fellow traveler lost in the world of biological identity? Two of the world’s many genders decided to unite in one body and birth the loneliest star from the sun, shining in all her glory to a pair of blind eyes.

Car0lyn: Hello little one, all of us womyn live in bird cages, only the size differs

Panel 3: Car0lyn reflecting on her job's effect on her mental process.
Jeez, printing doormats with motivational quotes for a living is really starting to gently caress with my head.

Note: The second comic I've managed to squeeze into a 3 panel format but it should probably have a few panels showcasing imaginary demonstrates of Mechkails magical talents and maybe somehow Car0lyns progressing attraction to him.

Comic 2: Enter the Straightman
Panel 1: Car0lyn is opening a giant steel crate with “Humanation Industries”- Why leave genetics in the hands of an. There is a yellow square box providing Car0lyn’s narrative thoughts.

Narrative: A whole year in the city of ‘Shine spent grinding my teeth. “Relationships” and acquaintances were plentiful but true allies were few and far between. When you’re a trans womyn in the city, you’ve got to realize, the back patters are just as bad as the back stabbers. It’s only now I can afford the perfect companion.

Panel 2: A naked male android steps out, save a pink scarf and glasses. Car0lyn dark rimmed glasses looks at him swooning-ly as he states his robotic operatives

Android: Dr. Proto of Humanation Industries commends you for your purchase and activation of our fully humanated Chelsea Class Mandroid. (Clothes sold separately.) My name is Mechanikail , Gay-straight relations. I am fluent in girl-gab in over 7000 languages, with prismatic vision to pinpoint the color to go with your eyes, a snarky, sarcastic AI chip to make you giggle and a comprehensive database of fabulous deals right before they hit the shelf. I serve my activator with absolute submission and will never gossip to your gal pals about your ingrown toenails, unless you crave some outrageous drama and need someone to blame your insecurities on!

Car0lyn narrative box: Goddammit why does it have to be so hawt?

Panel 3: Car0lyn tries feeling in his butt, searching it as Mechkail watches in complete shock.

Car0lyn: COME ON! There’s gotta be a metro switch on it somewhere!
[Quoted text hidden]

Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Still reading over all the text, but I think a make a successful kickstarter is going to take a lot of work. I'm not opposed to it, but I think we should build a online following first! I'm reading some marketing stuff right now (with my little free time hehe) and method is the give, give, give, ask. So we give the comic free for awhile, and then ask our fans to support us! And we'll make it worth it, with extra stories and such in the book.
[Quoted text hidden]

Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:56 PM
We do have all of my crusading on to get leverage off of unless you want to drop that. I was doing the whole reverse psychology, proclaiming stuff like this comic will say "the truth" and you'll no longer be able to conceal it from the webcomic community. This is a very vivid memory for David Willis who was patting himself on the back on twitter, using my post and saying that all of his enemies are "this level of crazy!" and later telling me I set a new precedent in delusional and good luck in the webcomic industry cuz "i'll need it"

We can use this drama to attract attention but I got no problem starting the comic separate from it and doing things like you said. I have no problem writing extra stories though! I write like 6 a day at Kohls!

I was also thinking about doing an epic t-shirt idea with the kickstarter. Imagine giving away a shirt of Dave Willis in hulk rage mode holding cans of diet coke and a coke and yelling to the heavens in dramatic lettering "FALSE EQUIVALENCE!" Normally I don't like outright attacking people but I think this is more a good natured ribbing that a lot of webcomic fans would find funny.

That's just an idea though, another attention grabber. The whole comic is kinda like the persona of Car0lyn, its a big noisemaker but it uses awesome art and hopefully alright writing to justify all the noise it makes. (well car0lyn doesn't use those methods but she's got her ways haha)

[Quoted text hidden]
Kristine Brannock <knbrannock@gmail.com> Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I think you should channel all that drama into a story line, haha But otherwise I think the drama could put a lot of negative energy on the comic and in the end will do more harm then good. Also kick starters take a lot of promotion and work, and can be rejected by kickstarter if its not put together enough. So I think having one books of material before we start would be a better idea.
[Quoted text hidden]
Trey Williams <sayimfree@gmail.com> Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Oh and this disclaimer tells everyone exactly the purpose of the comic. That Car0lyn is meant to be an individual, not a representation of anyone, that she is not to be emulated and she is not an object of ridicule for anyone, she is just a cartoon character who does humorous poo poo. She's even meant to be appealing in a stylized way as her awesome design demonstrates but she is not representative of trans people, women, men, whites or anyone else.

I'm also mentioning that all of the characters are based off archetypes and even stereotypes in the media and despite two characters appearances being homage to popular figures, they are fictional characters with their own traits.

And last but not least, I'm saying that this is for your entertainment, firsthand, and all opinions expressed in it come second to that.

Oh and I'm doing this is in the most over-the-top way possible with Car0lyn breaking into a college class to "teach the world a lesson" and she crosses off English 1 on the chalkboard and writes disclaimer and starts lecturing everyone.

Does that establish everything that should be said about the purpose of the comic?
[Quoted text hidden]
Brow McToocoolforalastname <sayimfree@gmail.com> Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Why do you wish to torture someone who was willing to give you their whole bank account for you to make a comic for them? A comic that meant a lot to me, whose characters were all part of me and I wrote with lots of care and consideration.
[Quoted text hidden]
Brow McToocoolforalastname <sayimfree@gmail.com> Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
If you didn't want to do it you should have been upfront. Look what happened otherwise. Did you seriously want this to happen?
[Quoted text hidden]

TheOnlyStarFish
Apr 22, 2010

"And the fucking pants. Goddammit, the fucking pants. again. If there is anyone on this planet who likes those fucking pants other than you 3 people, they’re probably 5 years old and laugh at anything random."
Trey Williams
feeling better today? :(

Kristine Brannock
I just rolled out of bed... so no, not really :(

Trey Williams
well it often takes a few days, having been a proffessional sick person and all
but i hope you do feel better

Kristine Brannock

Trey Williams
no prob! i feel like i'm sick even if i'm not. just the whole staying at home feeling in my pajamas makes me feel icky

Kristine Brannock
aw :( thats no good... I normally stay in my PJs (ok, I don't wear PJs to bed so I have to put them on) or my work out clothes all day lol

Trey Williams
well they're comfy i'll ya that!
i dunno, i just want to be out and about and the current job situation is preventing that
i hope i ain't bothering ya. this wasn't about the comic. i just like talking to online people who are nice. there aren't a lot of them

Kristine Brannock
nah its cool

Trey Williams
thanks a lot :) irl its crap too since everyone thinks i'm a deviant

Kristine Brannock
everyone online or IRL?

Trey Williams
both sadly

Kristine Brannock
:( this is probably why I don't talk much online, I just like to lurk

Trey Williams
if you can sound like them, i don't think its a problem. my prob is i can't haha

Kristine Brannock
??

Trey Williams
if you have their opinions they'll accept you. i don't so they don't

Kristine Brannock
ah ok
but I think, there's probably a place online for everyone

Trey Williams
not for me haha, i'm too frank online and too shy irl
kinda a catch22

Kristine Brannock
yup :\

Trey Williams
but don't let that worry you. i'm not bitching, just stating a fact. i'm pretty down w/ it

Kristine Brannock
well, as long as it doesn't get you down ;)

Trey Williams
when i got other things keeping me down, i can't let my own self doubt do that too haha

Kristine Brannock
yeah, I feel ya on the self doubt thing, I get that way a lot of times too

Trey Williams
its the outside factors that really harm you, there's nothing self doubt can really do. just remember that
Trey Williams
ugh this poo poo is killing me

(DIS I WHERE poo poo WHEN DOWN OK)

Kristine Brannock
?

Trey Williams
this nonsense going on on the internet
i want to go clean but i keep getting sucked back into it

Kristine Brannock
get off the computer, and go write pen and paper style lol
no do this... I'm working on a project, its like Fiverr but just for artist, (and generally better in every way)... I'm trying to help artist find clients, in a way that is doesn't gently caress artist over.... but I can't come up with a name. Help me think of a name

Trey Williams
Project: HelpPeopleSpendMoney!
that doesn't make a good acroyn tho haha

Kristine Brannock
nope
I wanted oodoodle but someone bought that domain... and is doing nothing with it

Trey Williams
Good Clients = Good Artists

Kristine Brannock
now I've come up Hey Draw That 'heydrawthat.com or Go Draw That 'godrawthat.com'
yeah, the site would help clients find artist, but it would also help artist find clients, and make sure clients pay up!
go draw that looks like god raw that hehe

Trey Williams
hey you/they got one right here! i can't say the same for the rest of civilization

Kristine Brannock
lol

Trey Williams
christ i wish i writing was an out for this
its drama thats my life support machine.

Kristine Brannock
hey...some people live off the drama! Don't feel bad ;)
I love hearing other people's drama..... shhh don't tell

Trey Williams
so do i! i love when people listen to me because then i know they give a poo poo!
but this is bad drama thats costing me my sanity

Kristine Brannock
ok, just walk away?

Trey Williams
i do love listening to others drama too because that means they trust me with it

Kristine Brannock
like... I had people in my REAL LIFE that go too dramatic, I just cut them off with out a word
unfriended them, and blocked them
can you just walk away?
change your online handles?

Trey Williams
its the opposite, my love and passion is too great to let it go.
i'm not an evil person i just need a positive outlet
and i wish he would talk to me
i just want to help him have a better life...for the both of us
could you help me with that?

Kristine Brannock
oh no, who's he? I dunno?
Trey Williams
man its so hard to say
because i feel like i'm the bad guy. but is it so bad to wish the best for someone and pay them a lot of money for a piece of art that i enjoy?

Kristine Brannock
no ...?

Trey Williams
man i wish i wasn't so sad and desperate about this but its the only thing i care about really.
i just sound crazy haha
listen, do you have a linkedin?

Kristine Brannock
yeah, just search kris brannock

Trey Williams
look up Brian C. Krumm on it. that's the guy i want to help which in turn would help me greatly

Kristine Brannock
well... I"m guessing he doesn't help, and you can't really help people like that

Trey Williams
i'm just thinking he doesn't know that i'm not trying to mess with him. he probably gets that a lot
i was just wondering if you could contact him on my behalf since you're actually a respectable person and let him know i'm not evil

Kristine Brannock
I don't think I should, I think whatever this drama is, you'll need to let it go. I'm not saying its easy ...
but I remember being 19 and getting myself railled up like this over different things
and its really better to just step away from it and try to distract yourself

Trey Williams
its not a drama between me and krumm, i'm just trying to give my favorite franchise a good home where someone will love it and cherish it. thats it
and he probably thinks i'm not serious since i'm using a faceless name

Kristine Brannock
then put a face to the name? Make a linked-in and message him. If he rejects you that will super suck, but you got to take that chance

Trey Williams
all i need is for him to know i'm not a bad person and want to help him. but i'm a nobody so he'll probably think i'm trying to pull a fast one

Kristine Brannock
yeah, he might... but you have to take that chance

Trey Williams
i gave him my real name and everything but i don't have anything to prove i'm legit
ugh i wish i didn't care but this is gonna eat me. that's how aspergers works.

Kristine Brannock
well mn, I can't help you there as I don't have aspergers but I know its really hard to put yourself out there and be rejected, but its a pain you have to learn to deal with

Trey Williams
i can even pay you for getting in contact him

Kristine Brannock
I have these little mini panic attacks everytime I contact people I don't know, its not easy... but I keep doing it, because its the only way I'll get what I want

Trey Williams
you don't understand the seriousness of this. this involves Shredded Moose. i didn't want to mention that until now

Kristine Brannock
is this the guy who drew it?
or wrote it or whatever

Trey Williams
yes
and now he was shamed into a career of children's books. that's very respectable and sweet

Kristine Brannock
ok, you need to tell him everything you've told me, You need to be open and honest. Tell him you think what happened was unfair, tell him what it meant for you when you were struggling with your gender idenity, and then telll him what you want to do
no scammer is going to pour their heart and soul out
I'm guess you want to rehost the comic?

Trey Williams
no, i just want to take the whole thing off his hands and not rehost it
he writes childrens books, what if someone who wants dirt on him pulls that out on him

Kristine Brannock
you want to start where he left off?

Trey Williams
if i could. i would focus on the MC's life after he had a change of heart. if he didn't want me to put it out again, i'd just read it all day and be happy
but like i said, i love the art, i love the stereotypical characters who defy their stereotypes and i love the libertarian attitude, its really funny
i just want to take good care of it because i love it and all of its stupidness
sadly no one will ever believe that

Kristine Brannock
well, you won't know till you try... also it doesn't matter if no one believes you.... anyway, you really need to do this for yourself, I'm not trying to be a bitch but I guess I'm being a bit of a Mom and making you do this yourself

Trey Williams
man, i wish you could understand that no matter what i say to this guy he's not gonna believe me

Kristine Brannock
ok, If that is true... there's nothing you can do about :| Sometimes life just sucks like that

Trey Williams
but you understand why he'd talk to you right? you're a real person!

Kristine Brannock
haha how do you know? and how would he know ?

Trey Williams
if you said you'd like to talk to him, he'd understand that this isn't a joke because you have this whole online resume
like i said above, you've got a whole online resume. you didn't just set that up to gently caress with him and if you did thats pretty messed up haha
but unless he's super paranoid i don't think he's gonna think you're trying to mess with him.
if you can just tell him of my situation and if he understands and wants to talk to me, i will do the rest

Kristine Brannock
I don't feel comfortable doing it, and I feel like your doing that thing sales people do where they don't take no for an answer. ... I just can't do it

Trey Williams
i'm not afraid to talk to him at all
i'm sorry. i really am. this "sales person" is part of my hosed up brain aspies are often compared to drug addicts if you want a good analogy of it
but i'm not a bad person and my intentions are good
you can turn me down though, i'm just trying my heart out to convince you otherwise
i just want to get out of this lifestyle that its putting me in

Kristine Brannock
I understand and believe you, but I don't like when people are pushy. It gets my anxiesty all railed up and that's how I'm feeling now.

Trey Williams
don't be. i just really want to convince you but I am not doing it to hurt you or force you to do it
i'm just doing it so you might understand but i would NEVER demand anything and I can't either
believe me i'm just slouched over on my bed in my pajamas with a laptop on my shirt tearing a little, im really tired of this game

Kristine Brannock
you sound like me when I was 19, only after getting my heart broken for the first time... and the only thing that ever made it better was time. I just had to wait it out :| I know it sucks but there isn't much you can do but try to distract yourself

Trey Williams
i can't. my comic is the only distraction and i don't see it getting out the door. people will hate it for the same reason they hated SM

Kristine Brannock
maybe, but you can't not do it... if you believe in it you have to do it

Trey Williams
if i had the art talent i would do it myself but i can't draw bodies, furniture etc worth poo poo
and practice doesn't help

Kristine Brannock
well, doing the same thing over and over won't improve... you'll need some help from teachers and such
but honestly, a lot of web comics have terrible art so don't let that stop you
and doing my first comic improved my art so so so much! So you have to try!

Trey Williams
i don't see why god gives the key to my happiness in other peoples hands
is it just to laugh at me?

Kristine Brannock
trust me, he doesn't... we're all struggling

Trey Williams
reduce me into an immobile wreck with no prospects who spends all my time sitting on a computer begging others for honest help
it sounds too coordinated to be natural

Kristine Brannock
:|

Trey Williams
i know. i'm not getting anything for asking or offering money. but i was praying there would be someone who understands any of this
seriously i'm a living abortion
and if i'm too insane to be understood. maybe i'm too insane to live
and i'm just saying that as the truth, that's not a threat.
i'm sorry
i am
i know you want nothing to do with this
so forget it, i'm not threatning you anymore

Kristine Brannock
Look, its hard, I'm not saying it isn't... if you're just giong through a hard time now things will get better but only if you try and go after your dream (and all the feel good bullshit) but if you're honestly depressed I hope you can get some help, because thats not something that will get better with time

Trey Williams
its not depression, its literally other people have the power to help me and they don't

Kristine Brannock
yeah, well that's life

Trey Williams
that's life. well what's death?
is death more fair?
i'm way too cowardly to kill myself but if you pointed a gun at my head, i'd just close my eyes and say go ahead
euthanasia for the mentally insane
seriously, just kill me. i don't want any of this anymore. i hate being unloved, i hate not being able to express myself in anyway, i hate being alone i can't take this taunting, i'm a simple person, i'm not hard to figure out
and i will never be loved because i'm a monster,
NO HRERAPY WILL EVER FIX ME, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN SOLVE THIS IS BY LOCKING ME UP
ITS GONNA EAT ME ALIVE, IF YOU WANT ME TO CRY RIGHT NOW I AM
AND YOU CAN LEAVE TOO
JUST GO, I'M GETTING EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO HAPPEN TOM
HAPPEN TO ME
i can't do this
i can't,
you win ok
you got to break me
a lot of women like to get me like this, i don't know why
its not just you don't worry
if you want revenge on me for my ideas with for my comic, consider it vengence
but i don't hate anyone
i only hate me

Kristine Brannock
Trey, I am going to leave, I think you're in a really bad place in life right now and I can't help in anyway. You need to take some time to work on yourself and get better. No one can help you but you, and you really need to focus on yourself and the things you want. Before I go I will say "you can't not try" no matter what, no matter how hard you have to make an attempt at getting what you want

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Having lurked in all 75 or whatever of these threads to date I think I can now confidently rule that it is wholly and completely TheOnlyStarFish's fault that the webcomic is dead.

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012
So it's basically everything we'd expected.
I do really feel bad for you in all of this, because you're the target of a clearly insane person's misdirected hate, but I doubt that anyone on the forum will doubt you.

Also that last message of his came right the hell out of nowhere and is extremely disturbing. I think you handled it about as well as anyone could.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
Starfish, do you have a voodoo doll of him that you're torturing or something? It's the only thing I can think of that would make his posts here make any sense.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I didn't read that whole thing because holy poo poo but for what it's worth I'm pretty sure I'm "the Adult Swim guy".

So you beat me by a mile.

Congratulations.

EDIT: For the record:

That was mine.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 13, 2014

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Goldmined too soon.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Hahahahahaaha

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD
I would like to point out I called the fact that she needed theonlystarfish to message Krumm because Krumm had already figured out she was a lunatic.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
It's true, the ride really never stops.

OP: if you ever read this, I know autistic people who've had wonderful results with therapy, so that excuse is gone. Also; Good evening, Clarice.

TheOnlyStarFish: I am truly sorry for your terrible experience but I am secretly glad it happened because some of this stuff is hysterically funny. Even from page 1 some of the stuff this person's been saying has been laugh out loud gold. Also your art is very cool and I hope it's okay if I come talk to you about drawings when I have some money because I'm a big nerd who'd like an RPG character immortalized and I like your art style :)

The thing that amazes me the most, out of all of this poo poo, is that this person is only 19. If they survive the next 10 years they're going to look back and give, what might possibly be, the world's most painful wince of all time.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I'm extremely curious to see what Bromide's character sketches were like, because everything about this is giving me flashbacks to someone I used to know who had an extremely distinct art style and acted exactly like this down to switching to lowercase 'i's in instant messages when upset, and would be the same age as Bromide now.

TOSF, good on you from realizing the craziness and extracting yourself from it instead of getting sucked in.

Portals fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 13, 2014

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011
Well that was honestly one of the craziest things I've ever read. That breakdown came out of nowhere. The OP is like one of those weirdos who looks at furry porn because "it's funny" as part of their transition into hardcore furrydom and freaks out when you call them out on it. Except that instead of dog penises, they are addicted to not very good webcomics. Insulting Shredded Moose on every message board while obsessively squirreling away any shreds of it they can find to keep forever. Right down to the commissioned art to get more of it just like they want it.

Does anyone else think it's sort of depressing that if the OP isn't trolling, their parents haven't done anything about this? I mean, not this specific thing but for the tantrums and freaking out in general? Have they just not noticed? Are they ignoring the behavioral issues in hopes they go away? Will OP ever not be a nutcase without outside help? I can't imagine so. Oh no, now I feel kind of bad.

chapstickie fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 13, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Antivehicular posted:

they need to do way instain artist> who kill thier art babbys. becuse these transwomyn cant frigth back?

:golfclap:

Queen Elizatits posted:

I would like to point out I called the fact that she needed theonlystarfish to message Krumm because Krumm had already figured out she was a lunatic.

I hope it turns out the creator of Shredded Moose actually stopped making it to get away from this lunatic stalker #1 fan.

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

Portals posted:

I'm extremely curious to see what Bromide's character sketches were like, because everything about this is giving me flashbacks to someone I used to know who had an extremely distinct art style and acted exactly like this down to switching to lowercase 'i's in instant messages when upset, and would be the same age as Bromide now.

TOSF, good on you from realizing the craziness and extracting yourself from it instead of getting sucked in.

Lucky you! There was one set in the other thread, since goldmined. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777&pagenumber=28&perpage=40#post426870467

map of the cat
Sep 15, 2009

Portals posted:

According to the other thread,

Apparently he was perfectly capable of drawing it himself all along.

EDIT: gently caress, beaten.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

map of the cat posted:

Weird. Definitely not the same person, but dang, Bromide totally could have drawn the comic themselves.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
This thread is incredible.

I didn't think anything could top bromide's meltdown but those chatlogs...

:stare:

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

Portals posted:

Weird. Definitely not the same person, but dang, Bromide totally could have drawn the comic themselves.

No they couldn't because they didn't want to learn profiles or hands or furniture... and also because they are having near constant breakdowns and I don't think any of this is really about making a comic at all. Perhaps an attempt to become part of the webcomic community to give them an "in" with their preferred skinsuit?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

map of the cat posted:

EDIT: gently caress, beaten.

He claimed he couldn't do profiles or furniture, and learning was not an option. Because it's haaaaard. Starfish is also the only person on earth who can draw it, and would've been a millionaire.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

chapstickie posted:

No they couldn't because they didn't want to learn profiles or hands or furniture... and also because they are having near constant breakdowns and I don't think any of this is really about making a comic at all. Perhaps an attempt to become part of the webcomic community to give them an "in" with their preferred skinsuit?

I suppose what I meant was that they had the technical capability to make an average comic. It'd look like a PA clone and probably be terrible to read, but it's a big step up from stick figures.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Starfish those chatlogs are nuts. You have nothing to prove to anyone here. Absolutely nobody ever thought there was even a grain of truth to anything bromide said about you.

This guy is seriously loving obsessed with you now. Despite his screaming insane claims to be harmless if I were in your shoes I would seriously be considering if he had the means to track me down right about now. He is not operating within reality.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Popular Thug Drink posted:

OP is probably bipolar not autistic.

As someone whose been diagnosed with Bipolar Type 2, it would not surprise me a single bit if OP was experiencing his first major manic episode. Those can disconnect you pretty heavily from reality and I recall saying a whole lot of stupid poo poo. It wasn't like this though, geez.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Very cool guy, op, imho.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
After finishing reading the whole thread and thinking it was over, the chatlogs and emails got posted.

So in the end, after the deceit and the meltdowns, it was all just an excuse to have someone to indulge in a lovely comic with. Of course, it's far more than indulgence and goes straight to outright obsession. Still, it's nice to have someone you can share poo poo with. I know I'm glad I have my buddy who I drag through tons of internet rabbit holes.

:v: "Alright dude, remember that last poo poo I showed you? This poo poo's so lovely it's a work of art."
:geno: "You said that about the other-"
:v: "That was a warm-up to what I have here. It's time I tell you about Sonichu."

Shame you have to deal with all that, Starfish; reading the communication with all this information in retrospect makes it clear that the person was more looking for a buddy to share in (un)ironically enjoying a poo poo webcomic and seeing to its resurrection in a roundabout way, than starting a webcomic. Shame everything went the way it did. Shame that Bromide had to bring themselves through a major episode because they can't deal with not being able to enjoy a poo poo webcomic.

drat shame. Hope they get help.

:munch:

DanDee
Jun 2, 2011
starfish what are the "fan-servicey" animes you grew up on this is important to assess how evil/the devil you are tia

Honestly, I'm just sorry this individual is so obsessive, vitriolic, and did nothing but lash out at people who meant well by sincerely suggesting therapy. If only she recognized how much help she needs. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toby
Dec 4, 2002

OP is banned, this poo poo is nutso, thread over before some internet weirdo decides to get stalky

• Locked thread